PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to be a professional tennis player?

Vincent
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:50 PM
i have often dreamed to be a professional tennis player.:)
i would like to be somewhere that the crowds will cheer when they see my face....

▀coene
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:13 PM
I would love to be a professional tennis player. I think I would like it because I really love tennis, it's the thing I like the most.

Aloysius
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:28 PM
When I was 9, I was hitting up against the wall and I told my dad that I wanted to be a professional tennis player. He just looked at me and said, "Oh really, you think it's THAT easy, do you!?" I never felt so sad in my life. I kept playing and practicing very hard but I never pursued it in case it made him mad again. :(

Come-on-kim
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:11 PM
Oh yes, that would be fantastic!!!

I'm so devoted to tennis!! I love it!!!

It would be a dream to play a Grand Slam and to win it in a tought 5 sets match finished by a 14-12 for me!! And falling on the court, crying, kissing my professional tennis player girl friend (Jelena ;))!!! Hearing all the crowd cheering at me!!! It would be great!!

Well, what will be the greatest is to play everyday!!!!

Ma. Estefania
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:52 PM
Yes, I'd like that very much.

TatiAnnah°lic
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:56 PM
LoL Come-on-kim ;)

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:58 PM
Yeah...I always wanted to do that. But I suck, so I have given up on that!!!!!

Princess Fiona
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:12 PM
I think I've left it waaaaaaaaaaay too late... :sad: ;)

2ace2
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:16 PM
Oh yeah! :D

Bigkimfan
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:17 PM
Ofcourse I would! I'm just not good enough!:sad:

Come on Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

england_rules
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:22 PM
I've always wanted to be a pro tennis player. I still have a chance because I'm good and I'm only 13 years old!

jenny161185
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:25 PM
good for you england_rules remember us when(if) your on centre court! i always wanted to be a pro just the thought of playing tennis all day every day for a career and to have people cheer for you around the world and to win the grand slam ofcourse beating all of my idols on the way- i can dream cant I!!!!!?

Katie
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:28 PM
A few years ago, i really wanted to become a professional player...I really was serious about it at one point, but then i knew that i couldn't really keep my tennis up becuase of school....and then i thought, well, u don't really lead an interesting life...getting on and off planes, going from one hotel to another...Now, well i just like to play for fun, and watch it on tv....!:)

http://www.geocities.com/worldwidetennis

Brαm
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:39 PM
NO WAY!!

I mean, I love the game etc. but having to play tennis all the time would just get on my nerves! :eek:
Some hours of practice a day (like 5 at least I think), singles matches, doubles... I'd have no time left to do something else besides playing tennis. Really, I'd feel really empty if my life consisted out of tennis only...

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:02 PM
I'd love to play professionally, but I only get to play one day a week because I have SATURDAY CLASSES:eek: :mad: at my school. I'm starting to play the New England 18s division (first tournament is next week) and I hope to crack the top 20 eventually since I'll play every day in the spring and summer. Realistically, I know I couldn't make a living professionally, but I do plan to take a year off after college and play on the tour just for the hell of it.

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:18 PM
Of course, I would love!! ;) But I can't make it, anyway :rolleyes:

Ma. Estefania
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:18 PM
Do you think that someone of 15 years old still have chances to become a professional tennis player?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:24 PM
Well at 15 you could become a pro player right now if you wanted to. Just go play satellite and futures qualifying events. To become successful professionally..it's a tough call. Venus and Serena are the only professional players in the top 250 (maybe even 500) that have not banged tennis balls from sunup to sundown since they were eight. The only way to become successful professionally is for tennis to be first priority to everything: school, friends, etc. The problem with that is if you don't make it (which is far too often), you're in deep s***. The only job you could really get is a tennis coach. I'm not trying to discourage you, if you think you can make it go for it by all means. I'm just saying to be successful as a pro, you need to make some life altering decisions.

Maurice
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Of course!!! I love tennis and when asked what's my dream job, I always answer tennis pro! But unfortunately, I discovered my passion too late, I was already 17!!

ktwtennis
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Of course I'd love to!! I could play all day and do all the work! I love to travel too! But alas, it's too late...

CappyMania
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:18 PM
NO! I don't play and I don't wanna play but I like to watch pro tennis (WTA).

When Jenny wins....

Jenny fans > :) :bounce: :)

Williams fans > :mad: :fiery: :fiery:

irma
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:22 PM
I think it would get boring quick!

rhz
Dec 24th, 2002, 06:04 PM
yes, being a tennis pro was my dream when i was growing up. didn't get it, but at least i am satisfied enough playing for my college team :)

selesfan1
Dec 24th, 2002, 06:33 PM
I don't plan on make a living off of it(because that would be impossible) but I plan to play a few pro events when I'm older just to see how I would do or aybe something like Alexander Dupuis wil lhappen he really didn't start playing until he was 18 and didn't get serious until he was 25 I think.

matthias
Dec 24th, 2002, 07:50 PM
no, because i would be a BAGEL BOY

GermanBoy
Dec 27th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Hey,

nice question! I would love to be a professional tennis player.
I always wanted to play Mixed Doubles with Jennifer Capriati at each Grand Slam tournament.....:hearts:

Beat
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by irma
I think it would get boring quick!

my thoughts exactly. plus you don't get to see your family and friends very often. i prefer to stay on the fans' side ;)

veryborednow
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:58 PM
no.

I hate flying.

And I like my bed too much.