PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened To Gary Barlow?

AjdeNate!
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:23 PM
Ok, he's a right wanker, but I do like some of his songs. He was the lead singer in Take That (w/Robbie Williams), had a string of hits off 2 CDs, now nothing. I know he married Dawn and they had a kid, but I was just hearing 'So Help Me Girl' on the radio and wondered if anyone knows if he ever plans to make more music?

AjdeNate!
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:25 PM
http://www.gbfans.co.uk/gallery/solo/solo99_3.jpg

AjdeNate!
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:26 PM
http://www.gbfans.co.uk/gallery/solo/attitude8.jpg

A few pix to refresh your memory.

Princess Fiona
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:33 PM
*admiring the first picture* ;)

I think he's writing songs for other people, Seles...

irma
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:34 PM
I read somewhere that take that will make a comeback

AjdeNate!
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:34 PM
He is cute isn't he! Last I heard he was making a boyband, producing not singing in. Thanks Franziska!

AjdeNate!
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by irma
I read somewhere that take that will make a comeback

I can't imaging TT making a comeback....Robbie would have nothing to do with it, I'm certain.

Princess Fiona
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:38 PM
You're welcome, Seles! :)

Irma, I don't think TT are going to make a comeback at all - I believe Mark Owen was asked about this after he won Celebrity Big Brother and the answer was basically nuh-huh. Better to stay in memories, I guess... *sigh* ;)

irma
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:38 PM
they said robbie w would not participated

why would he. he didn't fail afterall like the others!

King Aaron
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:16 PM
Gary was quite okay as a solo act. Take That won't be back that's for sure.

nasty nick#2
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:26 PM
No Take That won't be back. Gary Barlow is still making music but he's nowhere near the fame Robbie reached, still i think Gary was more talented cause he was the main songwriter at Take That. Mark Owen, whatever happened to him? he made one cd in 1996 and then dissapeared.

There are so few good boy bands out there right now, BSB are splitting and i doubt N'sync will be going on for ever. Westlife got some good songs but i can't stand the members. Blue are good though.

Martian Mel
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:57 PM
*bringing back memories of take that* Sigh :sad:

Flappie
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:28 PM
Gary Barlow?.....Who?:p

Monica_Rules
Dec 22nd, 2002, 08:40 PM
LOL!

Princess Fiona
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by nasty nick#2
No Take That won't be back. Gary Barlow is still making music but he's nowhere near the fame Robbie reached, still i think Gary was more talented cause he was the main songwriter at Take That. Mark Owen, whatever happened to him? he made one cd in 1996 and then dissapeared.

Mark Owen recently won Celebrity Big Brother 2 here in the UK with something like 77% of the vote!! :eek: Everyone seemed to fall for him... (cute; sweet personality :)) I believe the man is receiving lots of offers from record companies so watch out for the return of the man! ;)

I did not like Take That, and did not have a crush on Mark Owen in those days, but he looked cute on 'Sleb BB... aaaah... *sigh* :)

spiceboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:57 PM
Gary Barlow tried to become "the new Elton John" and he obviously failed...

Colin B
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:58 AM
He's bought a bloody great mansion somewhere 'oop north' and he's living very comfortably on Take That royalties.

Aloysius
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:18 PM
When Take That formed, Robbie had designs on being "incredibly famous" while Gary was more content to be the songwriter. He basically didn't like being the centre of attention. He entered into Take That thinking the project would allow them to go on a different path but it didn't turn out that way. He could write the songs but at the end of the tunnel, there was a producer or a manager there telling them what to do, how to act and so forth. After Robbie left the band, Gary saw that as an opportunity to go and make music the way he wanted to. With Robbie gone and Gary wanting out, the rest of the band decided to call it a day too and announced that it was a unanimous, mutual decision. Gary went on to do some worthy solo projects to see out a contract, and now he's doing exactly what he wants to do - writing songs, watching other artists perform them, and reaping the royalties. ;)

Kisha
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:56 PM
i think he wrote songs for H and Claire!:o :o

:kiss: @ Seles!

Emola
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:14 PM
I did not like Take That, and did not have a crush on Mark Owen in those days, but he looked cute on 'Sleb BB... aaaah... *sigh*

I feel exactly the same Franziska!