10. Elena Dementieva

:cool:

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:11 PM
No no no no!!! Disagree with you!!
End top 10 2003:
1. Serena
2. Venus

3 Kim/ Amelie( if she comes soon enough out of the injury)
4. Amelie or Kim
5. Capriati ( too good, but must be more consistent)
6 Justine( for clay season only)
7. Daniela( one year away from greatness???!!)
8 Jelena( plays so many tourny´s she will rack up the points)
9. Monica( pitty, but can´t keep it up consistenly with the top guns.)
10. Lindsay( if she learns to close out matches again!)

p.s.: if Martina returns from injury she drops Jelena out of the top 10.

SerialKiller#69
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:18 PM
it's okay... some of them are mostly wishful thinking in my part. but still, nothing is impossible. :)

Glenn
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:22 PM
1. Kim
2. Serena
3. Amelie
4. Venus
5. Justine
6. Lindsay
7. Jennifer
8. Martina
9. Daniela
10. Monica

Jelena obviously somewhere around #17, because she has way too much to defend.

E. Blackadder
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:23 PM
1. Serena
2. Kim
3. Venus
4. Amelie
5. Lindsay
6. Justine
7. jennifer
8. Monica
9. Jelena
10. Daniela

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:23 PM
1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Lindsay
4. Kim
5. Daniela
6. Justine
7. Monica
8-Amelie
9-Jennifer
10. Elena Bovina

Bigkimfan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:31 PM
serena
kim
venus
capriati
davenport
mauresmo
henin
hantuchova
myskina
seles

Come on Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce:

Experimentee
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:36 PM
1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Kim
4. Davenport
5. Hantuchova
6. Seles
7. Mauresmo
8. Henin
9. Capriati
10. Rubin

Penguin
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:38 PM
2003 according to penguin:

1. Kim Clijsters (wins AO, masters and loses FO final, dominates Indoor tournaments, and has consistent results throughout the year)

2. Serena Williams (wins Wimbledon and USO, but only plays 10 tournaments due to injuries and not wanting to play too many of the same tournaments as Venus)

3. Venus Williams (loses AO and Wimbledon finals, dominates US hardcourt season, but falls apart after USO quarterfinal loss)

4. Lindsay Davenport (loses USO and masters final, has trouble in the beginnin of the year, but has solids results 2nd half)

5. Justine Henin (wins FO, dominates clay court season, but has injury troubles after Wimbledon)

6. Amelie Mauresmo (couple of tournament wins, has nice wins over top players, but loses early in 3 out of 4 Grand Slams)

7. Monica Seles (wins some tier II-III tournaments, but retires after USO quarterfinal)

8. Martina Hingis (wins almost all her matches against lower-ranked players, but can't beat nrs. 1-5)

9. Myriam Casanova (wins Indian Wells, beating Clijsters in the final, newcomer of the year)

10. Daniela Hantuchova (confirms her top-10 status, wins 2 smaller tournaments)

drop out of top 10:

12. Jelena Dokic (plays 28 tournaments, has to give up early in 13 of them due to injuries)

17. Jennifer Capriati (after losing 2nd round AO against Casanova, struggles to find back her form)

remember: this is only speculation, and these arent the rankings I want, but the way I think things might go...

setpoint
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:46 PM
Serena Williams
Lindsay Davenport
Kim Clijsters
Monica Seles
Chanda Rubin
Justine Henin
Daniella Hantuchova
Venus Williams
Amellie Mauresemo
Jennifer Capriati

bis2806
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:52 PM
1. Serena Williams
2. Lindsay Davenport
3. Amelie Mauresmo
4. Venus Williams
5. Kim Clijsters
6. Jennifer Capriati
7. Chanda Rubin
8. Monica Seles
9. Justine Henin
10. Daniela Hantuchova

S-T-E-V-E
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:55 PM
1. Jennifer Capriati (If she work on her serve in holiday she can beat Serena and Co.; She has all to beat them)

2. Kim Clijsters ( she show what she can in the 2. half of the year. I saw her playing in Filderstadt and that was very good)

3. Serena Williams ( She's very strong at all but her knees are broken and so she is often injured)

4. Venus Williams ( She has the best 1. serve of the Tour but she serve bad with the 2. serve; has also problems with injures)

5. Justine Henin (great backhand but is too small to beat every time the top players; has also some injures)

6. Lindsay Davenport: ( she must also work on her fitness and she has all to beat the top people)

7. Amelie Mauresmo ( play sometimes strong and sometimes not; you don't know; if she is fit she can beat all of the top ladies)

8. Monica Seles ( it's very difficult to say: She must work on her fitness but she can play with the top's)

9. Daniela Hantuchova: ( very, very small must work on her fitness and correct her serve because she must serve like the williams sisters because she's big)

10. Jelena Dokic: ( said that she will play less tournaments than last year. but must also work on her fitness and her serve)

Philip
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:00 PM
1. Serena Williams
2. Venus Williams
3. Monica Seles
4. Lindsay Davenport
5. Kim Clijsters
6. Jelena Dokic (plays a suitable schedule, does better at the 3 grandslams she plays [QF or better])
7. Justine Henin (fairly quiet season)
8. Amelie Mauresmo (same as justine)
9. Patty Schnyder (stays consistant throughout 2003, still on a high from zurich 2002)
10. Anna Kournikova (wishful thinking)

14. Jennifer Capriati
17. Martina Hingis
73. Elena Baltacha ;)

xcrtbckhnd
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:03 PM
Hmm, I'll take a guess:

1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Jen
4 Venus
5 Lindsay
6 Juju
7 Chanda
8 Monica
9 Amelie
10 Daniela

korben
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:06 PM
1. Serena Williams
2. Kim Clijsters
3. Lindsay Davenport
4. Justine Henin-Hardenne
5. Amelie Mauresmo
6. Jelena Dokic
7. Monica Seles
8. Daniela Hantuchova
9. Chanda Rubin
10. Anna Kournikova, surprises everyone and wins singles tournament :eek:

Predicting that Hingis,other Williams and Capriati will sadly be sidelined for 3-4 months because of injuries. (pick a smilie and insert it here)

Coetzer Fan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:11 PM
1. Clijsters
2. Capriati
3. S.Williams
4. Davenport
5. V.Williams
6. Seles
7. Hantuchova
8. Henin-Hardenne
9. Schnyder
10. AMANDA COETZER ;)

and the german girls in Top 100
32. Anca Barna
39. Martina Müller
49. Barbara Rittner
53. Angelika Rösch
79. Greta Arn
82. Sandra Klösel
88. Marlene Weingärtner
93. Bianka Lamade
99. Julia Schruff

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:11 PM
Hahahahaha......lot of a wishful thinking from the Belgians!! Kim no.1? Kim ahead of Serena or even Venus?! Come on!! She had a great finish of the year, but when Serena & Venus are both level....they are on another level!! We all know that!!

Venus Forever
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:23 PM
1. Venus Williams
2. Serena Williams
3. Kim Clijsters
4. Lindsay Davenport
5. Monica Seles
6. Justine Henin-Hardenne
7. Daniela Hantuchova
8. Chanda Rubin
9. Amelie Mauresmo
10. Elena Bovina

TatiAnnahølic
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:24 PM
1.Serena Williams
2.Kim Clijsters
3.Venus Williams
4.Monica Seles
5.Amelie Mauresmo
6.Anna Kournikova
7.Justine Henin-Hardenne
8.Elena Bovina
9.Iroda Tulyaganova
10.Chanda Rubin
11.Martina Hingis
12.Lindsay Davenport

Jericho
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:17 PM
1 - Venus
2 - Serena
3 - Kim
4 - Daniela
5 - Bovina
6 - Mauresmo
7 - Henin
8 - Chanda
9 - Lindsay
10 - Alexandra

TeeRexx
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:24 PM
1. VENUS
2. SERENA
3. Clijsters
4. Seles
5. Henin
6. Capriati
7. Hantuchova
8. Mauresmo
9. Davenport
10. Kournikova

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:27 PM
1 Serena
2 Venus
3 Lindsay
4 Monica
5 Kim
6 Jennifer
7 Dokic
8 Mauresmo
9 Henin Hardenne
10 Kournikova

Crazy Canuck
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:28 PM

No no, this was the 2002 projection. She would never stay in the top ten because she had too much to defend from her fall season last year!

jujufan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by nuriboy
Hahahahaha......lot of a wishful thinking from the Belgians!! Kim no.1? Kim ahead of Serena or even Venus?! Come on!! She had a great finish of the year, but when Serena & Venus are both level....they are on another level!! We all know that!!

I don't want to bash you, but if I said IF Kim had won the ao last year she would have been the no 1 for a while.
I will not say she will be no1 for a long time but she was near the no 1 So why not ...
I agree on the fact that Serena and venus are a lever higher but for how long??? How long can they keep it going on?

My top 10 :

1 SErena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 juju
5 Seles
6 Davenport
7 Capriati
8 Mauresmo
9 Martina if she returns
10 Dokic

Penguin
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:31 PM

so whats wrong with dreaming? if all fans would go: "oh boy, no point in hoping my fave goes up the rankings, Venus and Serena were too good this year", there wouldn't be a wta-tour left for us to discuss!

So please just stay out of speculative threads like this one, if you're only interested in your own opinions...

Becool
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:34 PM
1- Serena
2- Venus
3- Kim
4- Amelie
5- Jennifer
6- Monica
7- Henin
8- Alexandra
9- Davenport
10- Dokic

Lindsayfan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:35 PM
Venus
Lindsay
Serena
Kim
Amelie
Justine
Jennifer
Daniela
Jelena
Martina

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:36 PM
To all my Belgian friends:
Rustig, rustig! Ik vind Kim ook goed hoor!! Niet kwaad worden. Maar waarom nemen jullie altijd Kim en niet Justine?!

Why always Kim? Justine is belgian too, you know!! When I watch Kim vs Justine on belgian tv, I always get the feeling the commentator is rooting for Kim over Justine! Why´s this?

another thing: they always show the matches when Kim beat either Williams, but they forget that Justine beat them BOTH before Kim! Can any of the belgian fans explain this to me?!

jujufan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:41 PM
I can try! The belgian tv you're watching is vrt? Wel that is the flemmish radio and television netwerk ...
And since KIm is flemmish they root for her.
If you watch RTL the walloon tv channel it's the other way around.
I'm flemmish but my preference is for Juju !!!

england_rules
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:43 PM
There are so many possibilities. Here are my top 10:

1. Martina Hingis- Has few points to defend in the clay and grass season. Even mediocre results get her points. Wins Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the US Open.

2. Kim Clijsters- Starts off the year with a semifinal appearance at the Aus Open, losing to Anne Keothavong ;). Wins four titles including Miami.

3. Anne Keothavong- Starts off the year ranked 236 in the world but beats all the odds and her opponents to win the Aus Open. From then on is a legitamate threat to the top 5 as she becomes part of it. Best challenger to Hingis.

4. Elena Baltacha- Starts the year off ranked 157 in the world but beats all the odds and her opponents up untill the final of the Aus Open, where she loses to fellow country woman, Anne Keothavong.

5. Justine Henin- Hardenne- Similar year to 2002 but has no slip-ups in the grand slams like at Roland Garros.

6. Chanda Rubin- Relatively few points to defend in the first half of the year, Rubin moves up to number 2 in the world, but can't defend too many points the second half of the year.

7. Amelie Mauresmo- After being unable to defend her quarterfinal points at the Aus Open, Mauresmo falls to 17 in the world, but consistent results see her rise back up the rankings to 7.

8. Monica Seles- Injuries keep her once again from having a great year.

9. Elena Bovina- Quickly improving, Bovina's results keep getting better and better.

10. Serena Williams- A 2002 Hingis type year see Serena fall from grace and nearly out of the top 10.

11. Jennifer Capriati- Results get worse throughout the year as Capriati suffers seven first round losses and stoops down to tier 4's and 5's.

14. Venus Williams- Plays only 8 tournaments and in those tournaments only makes it passed the quarterfinals once.

18. Daniela Hantuchova- The more time passes, the more Hantuchova's Indian Wells victory seemed to be a fluke.

28. Jelena Dokic- For once Dokic plays under 20 tournaments, and the result is that she is finally ranked how she shoul be.

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:49 PM
England? What is this for ranking man?? Hahahhaahaha...

Is that so Kimmifan?! I didn´t know that there were seperate tv channels for flemmish and walloons.

jujufan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:51 PM
It would be complicated to have one big channel since Flemmish people don't speak french as wel as walloon people and vica versa ...

Just imagine Justine watching a flemmish speaking channel, she doesn't speak flemmish wel you know ...

tyk101
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:05 PM
1Serena
2Venus
3Monica
4Clijsters
5Cap
6Lindsay
7Mauresmo
8Henin
9Hantuchova
10Kournikova (if she get her act together)

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:08 PM
Oooh I see now Kimmyfan....yeah, I know Justine doesn´t speak Dutch. Now, that´s why some people like Kim more....they can´t relate to Justine. What are your thoughts on that whole australian thing of Kim?

Havok
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:58 PM
1) Venus
2) Kim
3) Serena
4) Lindsay
5) Jelena
6) Amelie
7) Justine
8) Anistasia
9) Seles
10) Bovina

england_rules
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:00 PM
England? What is this for ranking man?? Hahahhaahaha...

Is that so Kimmifan?! I didn´t know that there were seperate tv channels for flemmish and walloons.
It's my dream top 10!

Warrior
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:02 PM
1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Kim
4. Monica
5. Jennifer
6. Daniela
7. Amelie
8. Jelena
9. Justine
10. Lindsay

JCAP
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:03 PM
I agree with Jen Capriati Fan !!!!
GO JEN!!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:17 PM
Serena (not as dominant throughout 2003, but still clearly the best player of the year)

Kim (breaks through and wins a GS)

Venus (I think Venus will just begin to lose interest in tennis this year, no GS's but will reach a final. at least a Tier I win)

Mauresmo (will reach a couple of GS semis, a few Tier I's, but injuries will slow her down)

Seles (after winning Roland Garros, decides to call it a career..I truly believe this will happen too!_

Henin (solid until September, when she has a rough clay court season)

Hantuchova (does not repeat IW performance, but solid
4th/quarters at slams and picks up a few small tournaments)

Davenport (repeats her results of last year with 1 or 2 titles thrown in)

Stevenson (defends all her indoor season points, rocks the grass court season, average clay results, wins a small title)

Myskina (breaks through with solid grand slam results and a great summer)

Dokic/Hingis-hovering between 15-20

Kournikova-20, finally has enough and plays Casablanca or Tashkent and wins the title.

rein
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:29 PM
1. Serena (no explanation necessary)
2. Venus (same)
3. Kim (has practically nothing to defend from february till july and can only gain points at RG and Wimbledon)
4. Henin ( I have a feeling she will win Roland Garros)
5. Davenport (has nothing to defend till july but has kind of lost her edge)
6. Capriati (will fall back after OZ)
7. Seles ( will have a normal year)
8. Mauresmo (only because of her injury, otherwise she would be ranked higher)
9. Hantuchova (too inconsistent, altough she will be briefly in the top 5 before roland garros)
10. Bovina ( have a good feeling about her)

Dokic, Rubin, Schnyder, Hingis, Stevenson, Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Cassonova, Myskina and Danilidou will be top 20 in no particular order.

ttaM
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:35 PM
Serena
Venus
Kim
Jennifer
Lindsay
Monica
Daniela
Justine
Elena B.
Elena D.

Lucic getting into the top 100
Tulyaganova getting into the top 20

Navratilova winning Eastbourne, 4r @ Wimbledon, and returning to #1 in doubles w/Tulyaganova. :angel: :drool:

jujufan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:39 PM
Oooh I see now Kimmyfan....yeah, I know Justine doesn´t speak Dutch. Now, that´s why some people like Kim more....they can´t relate to Justine. What are your thoughts on that whole australian thing of Kim?

What I think about it? Wel whatever Kim decides to do, I will keep on suporting her.
Kim is a nice girl, just a pitty her dad is messing it a bit up ...
I just hope Kim will be able to benefit from the whole mess ...

graf630
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:18 PM
1.Serena
2.Kim
3.Venus
4.Lindsay
5.Justine
6.Jennifer
7.Amelie
8.Monica
9.Daniela
10.Jelena
:)

jenny161185
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:03 PM
1.Serena
2.Davenport
3.Venus.
4.Capriati
5.Kim
6.Henin
7.Amelie
8.hingis.
9.Bovina
10.Hantuchova

top 15=seles and kournikova and mary pierce

vs1
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:04 PM
1. Serena
2. Venus
3. Amelie
4. Kim
5. Lindsay
6. Monica
7. Jennifer
8. Justine
9. Chanda
10. Daniela

lizchris
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:06 PM
The top ten will probably be:

Venus (has been consistent since reaching the top five in 1998; has nothing to defend after the US Open

Serena (has a lot to defend, but has shown she can be consistent)

Kim (has to prove that her year-end Championship win can propel her to actually win a Grand Slam, plus she has a lot to defend after the US Open)

Amelie (will lose points due to her injury, but can gain some if she choses to play in March in the US; also has little to defend after the US Open)

Jennifer (can gain a lot of points after the FO, but has to be mentally tougher when playing Amelie and Serena)

Justine (wasn't consistent in 2002, hopefully she can do better in 2003. If she does well at the FO, she can surpass Jennifer and Amelie in the rankings)

Monica (supposed to be looking good and if that is the case, she will stay in the top ten)

Linsday (has zero to defend before July, but has has trouble closing out matches, plus has a great deal to defend after July)

Chanda (has lillte to defend untl July, but isn't consistent enough to surpass Linsday)

Daniela (she will have to do better to prove that IW wasn't a fluke)

Top ten contenders:

Anastasia Myskina
Jelena Dokic
Martina Hingis
Patty Schnyder
Anna Smashnova

rightous
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:00 PM
Here goes my guess work:

1. Serena
2. Lindsay
3. Venus
4. Kim
5. Momo
6. Seles
7. Justine
8. Dani
9. Bovina
10. Capi

DEETHELICK
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:58 AM
1) Venus
2) Capriati (altho she and Venus will swap the No. 1 ranking)
3) Serena
4) Kim
5) Lindsay
6) Amelie
7) Martina
8) Henin
9) Elena Dementieva (ONLY if she hires a coach)
10) Bovina/Hantuchova/Myskina

CanIGetAWhat
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:22 AM
1. Serena - the gap b/w her and the rest is too big for anyone to catch up until after wimbledon (imho, no one will dislodge serena from the top until 2004), not a great year as 2002 (will win Wimbledon and/or USO), but enough to keep the no. 1 ranking from venus
2. Venus - is over 1,000 points ahead of jennifer, can return to No. 1 if she wins a few slams (will win Wimbledon and/or USO) and performs better than serena throughout the year, another consistent year with around 6 tournament wins and dominant on the hardcourts, but not enough to dethrown serena
3. Lindsay - nothing to defend from january to july, can only rise in the rankings and three tournament wins
4. Jennifer - consistent year, maybe one title or at most, two
5. Daniela
6. Kim
7. Monica
8. Amelie
9. Justine
10. Elena Bovina

igost
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:30 AM
1. Vera Zvonareva
2. Dinara Safina
3. Lina Krasnoroutskaya
4. Maria Sharapova
5. Elena Bovina
6. Sveta Kuznetsova
7. Elena Dementieva
8. Anastasia Myskina
9. Tatiana Panova
10. Anna Kournikova

;)

dany.p
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:49 AM
1.Venus
2.serena
3.Kim
4.Jenn
5.Lindsay
6.Daniela
7.justine
8.Amelie
9.Jelena
10.Hingis

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:11 AM
Mine:

Serena
Venus (but closer than this year!!!!)
Lindsay
Kim
Daniela
Justine
Jennifer
Seles
Dokic
Chanda/Myskina/Bovina

Mauresmo is number 5 or 6 if she is helthy.....

CD!!

treufreund
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:27 AM
Kim Clijsters
Serena Williams
Jennifer Capriati
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Martina Hingis
Lindsay Davenport
Monica Seles
Venus Williams
Amelie Mauresmo
Elena Bovina

also in the top 20: Daniilidou, Hantuchova, Dokic, Myskina, Rubin, Schnyder, Stevenson, Smashnova, Kournikova, Schett

xin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:13 AM
1. serena
2 venus
3 Jennifer
4 justine
5 Momo
6 Kim
7 Lindsay
8 Daniela
9Monica
10 Dokic or Bovina or some new face

Jordan.
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:27 AM
1. Martina
2. Justine
3. Kim
4. Monica
5. Amelie
6. Serena
7. Lindsay
8. Anna K
9. Venus
10. Vera Z ;)

~|Naomi|~
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:27 AM
1 Serena
2 Kim
3 Venus
4 Lindsay
5 Amelie
6 Jennifer
7 Justine
8 Elena B
9Dani or Jelena
10 Dani or Jelena

May surprise: Myriam Casanova, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva. They will all finish top 20 maybe top 10, Casanova will be the highest!

~|Naomi|~
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:28 AM
Oh and Daja will finish top 15:)

persond
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:21 AM
:D :D The only problem with threads of this sort is that people tend to vote/choose with their hearts and not their heads. Everytime someone starts a thread like this, it turns into more of a "wish" list rather than thoughtful analysis.:) :) It just seems to me that you people wouldn't know "objectivity" if it stared you in the face.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ajayares
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Glenn

Isn't the topic asking for year end rankings so why does the amount of points Jelena has to defend from 2002 have any impact what so ever on the # of points that Jelena accumulates thru out 2003.

All players start the year with zero pts, so when it comes to the end of the year, the only events that count towards the rankings are what they have done in 2003 and 2003 only.

Sure many player have advantages over other player in terms of seedings for tournaments thru out the year, on what they did in 2002, but all in all when it comes to the end of the year, what has happened in 2002 isn't reflected in the rankings at all.

~RedRose~
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:47 AM
Venus Williams
Kim Clijsters
Serena Williams
Lindsay Davenport
Jelena Dokic
Justine Henin
Monica Seles
Amelie Mauresmo
Daniella Hantuchova
Chanda Rubin

Gunter
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:53 AM
Kim Clijsters
Jennifer Capriati
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis (plz come back Martina)
Daniela Hantuchova
Patty Schnyder
Elena Bovina
Jelena Dokic
Venus Williams

SerialKiller#69
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by persond
:D :D The only problem with threads of this sort is that people tend to vote/choose with their hearts and not their heads. Everytime someone starts a thread like this, it turns into more of a "wish" list rather than thoughtful analysis.:) :) It just seems to me that you people wouldn't know "objectivity" if it stared you in the face.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

persond, i don't understand what you're upset about. maybe you can create your own topic that specifies a realistic (with thoughtful analysis) top 10. lighten up a bit. :wavey:

maya
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:25 PM
1. Serena (will stay on top but with less advantage; will win grans slam (s), but not all 4)

2. Kim (will play consisantly good through the whole year)

3. Venus (will have an OK year, but won't play enough tournaments for place 2)

4. Justine (just because)

5. Lindsay (will return, but won't win many tournaments, if any; but she will get to the later stages)

6. Monica (so so year, will beat some, will lose to some)

7. Amelie (won't be able to play full schedule because of the injuries)

8. Jennifer (won't win any tournaments; in the matches with 10 she will most likely lose)

9. Daniela (won't repeat IW, but will get better during the year and higher seeding will help her stay in the top 10)

10. Jelena (will play a lot, but won't be able to win big tournaments); Miskina or more unlikely Chanda could push her out).

LucasArg
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:54 PM
1- Venus Williams
2- Serena Williams
3- Kim Clijsters
4- Justine Henin
5- Amelie Mauresmo
6- Jelena Dokic
7- Daniela Hantuchova
8- Monica Seles
9- Lindsay Davenport
10-Jenifer Capriati

LucasArg
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Gunter
Kim Clijsters
Jennifer Capriati
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis (plz come back Martina)
Daniela Hantuchova
Patty Schnyder
Elena Bovina
Jelena Dokic
Venus Williams

Serena out the top ten and Venus #10?????:rolleyes:

nuriboy
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:05 PM
You noticed that too LucasArg?! Anyone that puts anyone else than Venus or Serena at no.1 and no.2 is thinking with their heart and not their head!! Come on! They played 4 or 5 tournys less than everybody else in the top 10 and see how large the gap already is!! Imagine if they played a full schedule!! That´s why any discussion about no.1 and no.2 is senseless, because we already know the answer!!

CJ07
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:10 PM
who knows what will happen

1. Venus
2. Serena
3. Davenport
4. Clijsters
5. Monica
6. Mauresmo
7. Henin
8. Hingis
9. Dokic
10. Hantuchova

Tennis_IS_Fun
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:32 PM
For those who put Kim #1.........kudos to your:D

saki
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I think Penguin's response is the most accurate. Inevitable but still interesting that *everyone* underrated Madame Henin-Hardenne!

korben
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:42 PM
1. Serena Williams
2. Kim Clijsters
3. Lindsay Davenport
4. Justine Henin-Hardenne
5. Amelie Mauresmo
6. Jelena Dokic
7. Monica Seles
8. Daniela Hantuchova
9. Chanda Rubin
10. Anna Kournikova, surprises everyone and wins singles tournament :eek:

Predicting that Hingis,other Williams and Capriati will sadly be sidelined for 3-4 months because of injuries. (pick a smilie and insert it here)

I actually wrote this :rolleyes: Well at least I don´t have Hingis in the list :angel:

other Williams was sidelined for quite some time. Got that one right ;)

SerialKiller#69
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:43 PM

*cough cough*

LOL at my picks, and everyone else's.. :lol:

Martian Willow
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:47 PM
...man that nuriboy was a pain in the arse...did he change his name to bandabou or something...? :)

SerialKiller#69
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:49 PM
I actually wrote this :rolleyes: Well at least I don´t have Hingis in the list :angel:

other Williams was sidelined for quite some time. Got that one right ;)

Well, you did pick Kournikova. :angel: I did too. :o

Mariolona-fan
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:50 PM
This will be:

1 Serena Williams
2 Venus Williams
3 Justine Henin Hardenne
4 Jennifer Capriati
5 Kim Clijsters
6 Elena Dementieva
7 Nadia Petrova
8 Amelie Mauresmo
9 Lindsay Davenport
10 Jelena Dokic

This I would like:

1 Jennifer Capriati
2 Venus Williams
3 Amelie Mauresmo
4 Serena Williams
5 Elena Dementieva
6 Mariolona Pierce
7 Nadia Petrova
8 Anastasia Myskina
9 Sandrine Testud
10 Lindsay Davenport

korben
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Mariolona-fan - Joined: Oct 29th, 2003 :rolleyes:

In this thread we were talking of 2003, wait for 2004 :wavey:

-Sonic-
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:56 PM
See THIS is a good thread to bump up.

Take note, scary people who bump up stuff to confuse easily led people like me who don't look at the 'date posted' thing before the actual post :p

Mariolona-fan
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Mariolona-fan - Joined: Oct 29th, 2003 :rolleyes:

In this thread we were talking of 2003, wait for 2004 :wavey:

:banghead: :bowdown:

fleemke³
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:06 AM
I was looking for this thread yesterday :D Thx for finding him :bounce:

YOU WERE ALL WRONG :cool: The only thing some people predicted was Justine's win at the FO :cool:

she was the best player this year :cool:

Greenout
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:08 AM
This is fun. Thanks for bringing this back. :)

Bigkimfan
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:13 AM
...man that nuriboy was a pain in the arse...did he change his name to bandabou or something...? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Calvin
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:45 AM
this thread is living proof that anything can happen in tennis! (look at where Kim/Venus/Serena but most importantly Justine are now :eek: )

People who consistently mock other people's predictions, wether they are realistic or not, should take this thread as a lesson to shut up and let people dream... (yeah, I'm looking at you bandaburiboy & persond, even though my hopes will be dashed next time a Belgian/Williams thread opens :sad: )

Lady
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:58 PM

:lol: Good prediction!! :lol:

Lady
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:05 PM
I think Penguin's response is the most accurate. Inevitable but still interesting that *everyone* underrated Madame Henin-Hardenne!

That's so true ;)

Lady
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:07 PM
You noticed that too LucasArg?! Anyone that puts anyone else than Venus or Serena at no.1 and no.2 is thinking with their heart and not their head!! Come on! They played 4 or 5 tournys less than everybody else in the top 10 and see how large the gap already is!! Imagine if they played a full schedule!! That´s why any discussion about no.1 and no.2 is senseless, because we already know the answer!!

Such a true statement :eek: :lol: :haha:

Lady
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:11 PM
I was looking for this thread yesterday :D Thx for finding him :bounce:

YOU WERE ALL WRONG :cool: The only thing some people predicted was Justine's win at the FO :cool:

she was the best player this year :cool:

I did the same on Tuesday ;) But didn't find it

But there was another similar topic last year, only in that one many people saw Justine out of Top 10 :lol: