PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel Subscribers

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:41 AM
I just find out that Optus didn't show up for the Gold Coast, Sydney and the Australian Open coverage! I'm so shocked and angry in same time! So, does Foxtel have any coverage of these events?

I hate the merged... it's a bad idea!! :fiery:

tennisvideos
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:45 AM
Hi Alex

It's not because of Optus merging with Foxtel. It has to do with a legal battle between Channel 7 (C7 Sports channel) and Foxtel and it has been ongoing for about 12 months. Basically C7 closed down and they used to cover those tennis events. It is a shame no one else is covering those this year, but maybe they will be picked up again in the future.

ajayares
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:48 AM
No Foxtel don't show the events you have mentioned, even though it did telecast the Canberra event in 2001.
The Only event shown on Foxtel during our summer is the Hopman Cup (the evening session)

Sam L
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:49 AM
So you mean there will be no tennis on FTA TV this year? :eek:

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:51 AM
OMG!!

Help me!! :sad: I am go dead boring :o

tennisvideos
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:54 AM
Yes, the normal FTA Channel 7 will be covering the Adidas International, the Colonial Classic, the AAPT Final in Adelaide and the Australian Open.

It is C7 Sports (the old Optus Channel) that has folded. And they used to cover the Gold Coast, Canberra and the Vodafone Arena from the Aussie Open.

ajayares
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:00 PM
Channel 7 also had the Gold Coast final on this year too, so I assume it will be the same next year aswell.

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:02 PM
But it was not LIVE... :sad:

MaRKy MaRk
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:05 PM
PHEEEWWW!! You guys scared me. I thought they were only gonna show the OZ Open

Sam L
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:18 PM
Oh gosh that's alright. I don't have Optus or Foxtel anyway.

But I guess it's too bad for those who have it, hope you guys get it back next year :(

ajayares
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by AlexSydney
But it was not LIVE... :sad:

The final was Live