PDA

View Full Version : Injuries Take Toll On Another Player (Norman Thinking About Quitting)

AjdeNate!
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:46 PM
Injury-plagued Swede Magnus Norman says he has considered quitting tennis because of his recent injury problems.

The 26-year-old, who reached the French Open final and finished fourth in the 2000 Champions Race, underwent an emergency knee operation on Thursday.

"Right now, hours after the operation, I've had many dark thoughts," Norman was quoted as saying in Swedish daily Expressen on Saturday.

"There have been moments when I've had thoughts of quitting tennis. (The knee) hurt too much, I didn't have any choice but to have the operation. I don't want to play with pain any more. I've done that for two years."

Norman, who may miss next month's Australian Open because of the injury, made a comeback earlier this year from a long-term hip problem. His last tournament appearance was at the Stockholm Open in October, where he lost to Hicham Arazi in the first round.

treufreund
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:45 PM
Poor Magnus. :sad:

With Martina, Amelie, Arnaud Clement, Magnus, Tommy Haas and so many other players injured I am Just flat out SAD.

E. Blackadder
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:45 PM
Phew,

I already thought you were talking about our Dick Norman :)

brunof
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:00 PM
Arg, not bubble butt Magnus! :) Such a good sport too! :(

Ma. Estefania
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:19 PM
I saw the same at atpworld.
I'm sad again...:sad: :sad: :sad:
And I'll repeat the same that I wrote there:
Don't leave Magnus.....
I would miss you a lot....
What blonde player am I gonna support if you're not there anymore....?:sad: :sad:
Of whom's pics am I gonna fill my desktop....?:sad: :sad:
Why am I gonna be searching all men's tennis sports if you aren't playing....?:sad: :sad:
Please Magnus, keep trusting in you yet....there's people who thinks that you still have level to compete....

*drops* *drops* *drops*
S A D N E S S :sad: :sad: :sad:

Mattographer
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:04 AM
Oh no!! :sad:

Magnus, don't quitting... if you retiring, I'll loss interesting in the ATP Tour.

darren cahill
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:26 AM
Is this the guy Martina hingis was dating at one time? if not, what was his name? I can barely remember him.

Clement wont be there either? so no chance of another strip tease? damn! he had such cute feet! :lick:

Experimentee
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:54 PM
Yes Magnus is one of the many guys Hingis has dated. Another tennis player she dated was Ivo Heuberger.

xin_hui
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:20 PM
don't go, Magnus!
he was the 1st male player i supported (during RG2000), and seeing him go through all those surgeries and first round losses are really heartbreaking

essielewis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:32 PM
What do you people mean "don't go Norman"?:confused: The poor guy has essentially been retired since 2000. He hasn't been past the first round of any important tournament since then.:rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet that most of the people seeing that "Norman might retire" story had to think a few times to even remember him:rolleyes: and then it's only in connection with either being one of Martina's men or being a "good sport" for giving up a match to his opponent.:cool:

Personally, I've disliked him since he dissed Andre Agassi at the French back in 2000.:mad:

It is too bad that he's had one injury after another the past couple of years.:sad: Same for Mark Phillipousis, who is my favorite.:kiss:

AjdeNate!
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:06 PM
I believe he made QF or SF last summer.

AjdeNate!
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:07 PM
Yes,
QF Swedish Open

Swedish Open Clay 1 Jonas Bjorkman W 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
2 Dominik Hrbaty W 2-6, 6-4, 6-2
QF Tommy Robredo L 6-2, 3-6, 3-6

Runner Up Japan Open
Japan Open Hard 1 George Bastl W 6-3, 6-0