PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Enter The Wimbledon Public Balloting?

AjdeNate!
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:33 PM
...and has anyone ever been selected to get tix? This is year 3 for me, and I'm hoping to get tix this year, as I am soooo going to Wimbledon.

MartinaI
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:51 PM
I have entered the ballot again for the 5th time. I have had tickets twice out of my previous 4 attempts - pretty good going really (first time for Womens' QF on No. 1 court, and second time for Men's Final Day on Centre Court but it was actually the Women's Final due to rain).

Hopefully I will get some again this year. If not I shall just go down for the day sometime during the 1st four days of the Championships when there are great matches on the outside courts. Last year I queued and got to see Elena Baltacha beat Amanda Coetzer!

AjdeNate!
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:57 PM
How does the queueing work if you don't have advanced tickets? Thanks for your help, I've never been to tennis at Wimbledon.

You got Sunday tickets before....wow!!!!

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:45 PM
How much do the tickets cost???

Katie
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:49 PM
well if you queue up, tickets are 9pounds for outside courts..I managed to get a ticket for 11pounds on court1 and the oustide courts..which was bloody amazing!:)
If you don't have tickets before, well you go to the queue which says"tickets for sale"..and you wait patiently in queue before getting your tickets...Well when i went this year, i only queued up about 5 minutes...It was so so short...and before that,i had heard stories from people saying that it took them hours to get in...I was extremely lucky then!:)

http://www.geocities.com/worldwidetennis

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:01 PM
Lucky you!!! So if you went for a first round match,how much would it cost to buy the ticket befor you went??

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:03 PM
Chances to get tickets that way are around 1 in 10000

just sometimes you get lucky one or two yrs in a row then you'll go along time without.

anyway i dont have those probs :p

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:07 PM
Were can you buy tickets??? And how much are they!!

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:15 PM
check this http://www.wimbledon.org/championships/tickets.stm

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:19 PM
Thanks!!

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:21 PM
Tickets are very "cheap"!! Will they be sold out!!

bluepastures
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:48 AM
I'm also in LTA advantage, so will be in two ballots.

Colin B
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:59 AM
If your going to queue for access to the ground - outside courts only - make sure you get there early (some people take a sleeping bag and queue overnight); I've seen people get turned away when the ground is full.

BTW, during the first four days, the best (or at least closest) matches are usually those on the outside courts anyway, so I'd only enter the ballot for second week tickets, unless of course you just want to see the 'big names'.

Katie
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:16 AM
If you want to queue up, it's much better going the second week, cause the kids will be at school, and hopefully Tim and Greg will have lost, so not many people would be interested in queuing up to see any other matches!!!lol!(i'm mean i know!!!)..But it's true, the Brits only queue up to see Timmy or Greg....

http://www.geocities.com/worldwidetennis

potty
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
I entered the ballot for the first time last year and got court 1 tickets, but spent half my time on the outside courts as it was the middle saturday and I wanted to see, Maggie vs Silvia and the Great Conchi vs Lisa Raymond!!! The year before I queued overnight for the middle Saturday and got Centre court tickets where I was only 6 rows from the court so could see really well!! The court 1 tickets that I had this year were quite high up so not that great for seeing, still was a great day i would recommend to anyone :-)

Lord Chips
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:43 PM
I queded up twice last year and got a choice of all tickets.

tinkerbell
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:15 PM
i've entered the ballot a couple of times and never been lucky i did queue one year & got great centre court tickets

Lord Chips
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:24 PM
You can get some great tickets by queuing if you know the secrets. About a month before I'll post some good tips for first timers. I don't go in for the ballot as queuing is so much fun

thegoose
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:57 PM
This is my third year and the last two times i've got some.
In 2001 i got them for the ladies' final but it was rained off. I was soooooo mad.
This year i had them 4 the second day and it was really hot and sunny and i got them 4 Court no. 1 and saw henin. I went and watched another of my faves Coezer. It was great. The atmoshpher was amazing!!
Hopefully ill get some again this year!!