PDA

View Full Version : Can VENUS be slamless in 2003?

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:40 PM
The possibility of VENUS going through the 2003 season and not winning another Grand Slam title are, of course, possible, but highly unlikely as she has seems to have only one real impediment to those wins as was demonstrated by her unfortunate record of three winless GS appearances in one calendar year to the same opponet.

The likelihood of SERENA winning 3 or more GS title this year a little remote, thus all the more possibilities that VENUS will get another GS titles to go along with her 6-7 other Tier wins as well.

However, if VENUS wins the Sharktown Open, then she has a good chance to equal her sisters three GS win record of 2002.

"Topaz"
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:44 PM
I hope you're right, Tee.

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:44 PM
The 2003 season will be up and running in about a week. :)

Venus Forever
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I hope you're right too.

GO VENUS!!

I want the Vee Slam in 2003!!:D:D:D

apidhan
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:22 PM
i hope she not just slamless, but get no title at all

Venus Forever
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:25 PM
Ummm...this is not a negativity thread, so please bring that attitude somewhere else.:rolleyes:

carot
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:36 PM
well venus will win wimbledon and us, oz being for kim and rg being for justine ;)

apidhan
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:39 PM
sorry, but i don't like her so much

Venus Forever
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:31 PM
Yes, but this is a discussion about the topic. Not a rooting thread for her not to win anything.:rolleyes:

locks
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:50 PM
You don't like her:rolleyes: well don't bring your ass in here!:kiss:

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:54 PM
Dunno depends how she starts the year i suppose, just like the other players we wont know till Jan to see how the break has went!!!

leslie
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by apidhan
sorry, but i don't like her so much

Why don't you like her? what has she done to you? Do you know her, has she been disrespectful to you in anyway? I would really like to know your reason. Please share.

TSequoia01
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:18 PM
Venus will win a slam. Either Wimbledon or the US Open. But anything is possible with the queen. :cool:

Ma. Estefania
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:24 PM
Yes, she can be slamless.

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:27 PM
The only way that VENUS will not win a slam title is if little sis wins all 4 titles next year. :)

nuriboy
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:29 PM
I donīt think she will be slamless next year. I mean: Wimbledon is her playground where her serve becomes THE weapon. I think she will either the Us open or Wimbledon. But one thing is sure. The slams will remain an all-williams affair!!

xcrtbckhnd
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:34 PM
Venus could certainly win any of the slams. Venus could also win none of them. Anything is possible....Honestly, I believe that Venus will surprise everyone and win either OZ or the FO.

Smart
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:57 PM
Yes she can

gourownway
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:39 AM
I don't think she can be slamless this year. Wimbledon is hers all the way.

I think we are going to see a mix batch this year. I think Kim is going to win OZ, I think Serena will run away with Roland Garros, Venus will take Wimbledon and I'm going on a limb and I know I will get slammed but I think JCap is gonna suprise all and take the US.

I also think Venus is going to take the year end championships too.

My 2 cents again

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:11 AM
Serena will win all the 4 GS titles in 2003...this sure answers the question of this thread.;)

maximus82
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:49 AM
I could imagine a lot of scenarios that would result in Venus ending the year without a Slam. But this isn't a slight to her incredible abilities, but I think we might hopefully see some depth in the tour this year (unlike last year, where the Willies, specifically Serena dominated the tour). If injuries don't claim too many players, I think it's possible that we could get 4 different winners for each of the slams...it seems to me that there are at least five solid contenders for each of the slams (Wimbledon is the one that seems almost certain to end up with a Williams).

Deira
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:56 AM
No way Mr. Tee Rexx!!!

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Deira
No way Mr. Tee Rexx!!!

Didn't I hear this in 2002 already?

Serena would continue to dominate 2003 and onwards.;)

Deira
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:19 AM
You gotta be kidding Basic... Nobody predicted that Venus would go slamless in 2002, unless it was the disgruntled fan of some other player who got their butt beat by Vee. Venus was on fire in 2001. Venus is my #1 girl, but Serena is a close 2nd. So either way, Venus or Serena ... I ain't mad :)

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:31 AM
You won't be mad but Venus sure is MAD about this development.;) so you're happy she's losing eh.hehehe

Deira
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:47 AM
I don't think Venus is MAD, as you say. In fact I think she's very proud of her little sister. No, disappointed in her performance would be more appropriate. Me happy about her losing ... don't be silly.

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:49 AM
sorry for the term...so I must say Venus and you are just disappointed big time.:)

sideout
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:52 AM
unlikely IMHO. I think that the Vee of 00 and 01 is going to reemerge as a result of going slamless in 02 just like in 99. I hope to see her win AO and FO (to get the career slam), but I agree that Wimby and the USO are her best bets. We'll see in just under a month though - can't wait!

Deira
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:59 AM
Basic ... Venus has four grand slam titles. Now Serena has four grand slam titles. How could any Williams fan (which I am) be disappointed "big time"? I don't know if you were on the old Sanex board or not, but Williams fans took a lot of heat. Now they are dominating the whole tour. I'd like to see Venus when a couple of slams in 2003 and I think she can. But the only way I will be "disappointed big time" is if someone wins whose name isn't Williams.

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:12 AM
oh phulezz get real....whether you like it or not you are disappointed big time considering that Venus made a lot of promise in 2001 and just to lose 3 GS titles in a row is just devastating.:o

Jericho
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:14 AM
i hope venus can take Oz, Roland Garros, and Wimbledon...make a 3peat of her own and complete her career grand slam...and if she takes the US Open then i'll be very happy...

2003 belongs to Vee
Will she win 4?Will she win 3??
i dunno we'll just have to see...
Why am i rhyming this aint a poem, hehe
(okay i'll stop now)

Deira
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:27 AM
My, my, Basic... You are in a tizzy about this aren't you. Calm down please.

TeeRexx
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:30 AM
BT - Hoping that VENUS will not win a slam will not stop the continued WILLIAMS Domintion World Tour. :)

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:03 AM
go Serena!!!! Realize the Williams Domination Thingy for your sistah Venus!!!!:D:D:bounce:

Dominate everybody!!!!!hehehe

tennisIlove09
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:07 AM
Can Venus be slamless in 2003?

Yes she can.

Can Serena be slamless in 2003?

Yes she can.

CAN ANYONE BE SLAMLESS IN 2003?

Sure they can.

Just depends what happens.

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:09 AM
one thing is for sure though, TennisIlove would be slamless in 2003.;)

tennisIlove09
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by BasicTennis
one thing is for sure though, TennisIlove would be slamless in 2003.;)

:sad: :sad: :sad: Tragically, BT is telling the truth :sad: :sad:

;) :)

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:24 AM
don't worry 2010 would be your year.;)

locks
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:50 PM
No, Venus will not be slamless like Serena was for 2 years. She's not in the giving mood anymore;) heheh

mboyle
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:57 PM
When a star stops living up to expectations, it is hard for every fan. Venus just can't beat her sister, even when both are playing their best (like that would ever happen:rolleyes: ). She just isn't good enough, so no, she won't win slams in 2003 (and I am not convinced she will ever win another slam). Her attitude just plain sucks right now, and it isn't like Serena is the only one who beat her last year.

TeeRexx
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:18 PM
mboyle - Oh ye of so little faith.
VENUS will win of the 4 Big Ones.

essielewis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:37 PM
I don't like making predictions about who will win a Slam but I really have a feeling that Venus just doesn't care anymore.:sad: I mean, she made three Slam finals but lost to her sister. I think she's happy with that because she loves Serena.:hearts: But, I think if it had been anyone else she lost three straight Slam finals to she would be so annoyed with herself that we could expect her to win everything in 2003. But it wasn't anybody else, it was her little sister and I don't think she cares if she loses to Serena.:rolleyes:

So, I think all of the Slams in 2003 will be won by a Williams, specifically Serena.:kiss: However, if anyone else is going to win a Slam, I think it might be at either the AO because Venus and Serena never do well there, or the French because it's really not their favorite surface.:D So, it wouldn't bother me at all if maybe Monica snuck in and won the AO or Kimmie kind of snuck in and won the French.:hearts: I love both Venus and Serena and they're great but it would make womens' tennis a lot more interesting to have someone else win a Slam.;)

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:43 PM
essielewis: I donīt agree with you on this. If you look closely at the reactions from Venus during each of the loses you could notice that she was starting to get annoyed. At the French she was genuinely happy( takinc pictures), at wimbledon not so much anymore( just a hug) and the us open she wasnīt happy at all!!( look at the face! She didnīt want to hug Serena at all!!). I donīt think that Venus will go slamless next year. I think on grass sheīs better than Serena so I pick her to win Wimbledon. Right now the best chance for other people to win a GS is Paris. Auz Open I think is Serenaīs to lose, because she wants to complete her Serena slam. And Wimbledon and Us open are the Williams playground so that leaves only the French.

TeeRexx
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:45 PM
essie - As much as I like SERENA, I think that there is no way that she will win all of the slams in 2003 and make it seven slam titles in a row.
VENUS will get one of those golden plums next year.

essielewis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:23 PM
I donīt agree with you on this. If you look closely at the reactions from Venus during each of the loses you could notice that she was starting to get annoyed. At the French she was genuinely happy( takinc pictures), at wimbledon not so much anymore( just a hug) and the us open she wasnīt happy at all!!( look at the face! She didnīt want to hug Serena at all!!).

I didn't notice anything of the sort. You sound like you want Venus and Serena to become arch enemies rather than continue to love and support each other.:rolleyes: Venus looked perfectly happy that Serena won those matches. I'm sure she wasn't thrilled that she didn't defend Wimbledon or the U.S. Open but she knew Serena played better than she did. At least that's what she said on Oprah.:)

I think that there is no way that she will win all of the slams in 2003 and make it seven slam titles in a row.

Steffi Graf got seven in a row, why can't Serena.:confused:

But then, Stef didn't have Venus to contend with.;) Anyway, like I've said before, womens' tennis would be much more interesting if someone else could sneek in a win a Slam but I have a feeling all Slams next year will be won by a Williams and I don't really care which Williams wins what.:hearts:

Light-skinned Girl
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:27 PM
I'm sure she's hungry for another slam and *can* win another but it's certainly possible that 2003 *could* be a repeat of 2002 where she came close *but* lost all the slam finals she was in.

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:05 PM
Steffi didnīt win 7 in a row.......it was 5 in a row!!

JCAP
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:39 PM
HOPEFULLY!!!!

Rubylips
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:02 PM
essielewis: I AGREE with ever thing you said.Some people just don"t know how the Williams family runs.Venus year one year next Serena.As long as its in the family i really don:t care.

"Topaz"
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:34 PM
Venus had:

2 GS wins in 2000
2 GS wins in 2001
3 GS finals in 2002

Barring illness, injury or a sudden exogenous change in the competition, Venus, in all probability, will have a GS win in 2003. I don't see Aussie, but the other three are open to her. I predict when it happens, Serena will have been knocked out at the semis by Cappy, Davey or Kim.

Hey, I'm entitled to an opinion too! :angel:

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:44 PM
rubylips: Thereīs a point in what you say. I donīt think the sisters will get really sad if they donīt win. As long as they are playing each other, it doesnīt matter.

Venus Forever
Dec 22nd, 2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by nuriboy
rubylips: Thereīs a point in what you say. I donīt think the sisters will get really sad if they donīt win. As long as they are playing each other, it doesnīt matter.

See, I think it doesn't matter to Venus if she loses to Serena, but I do think it matters to Serena if she loses to Venus. Serena just seems to be the go getter. That's why I don't think Venus plays as hard against Serena, because she already knows it is in the family, so she doesn't put in 100%.

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:27 PM
Venus: I agree with you.....Venus doesnīt have the same passion against Serena than vice versa.....but too me this due fact that she was still ahead in the GS department. Next year will be different because people are talking about how Serena is the best this and the best that and I donī t think Venus likes that. Next year will be: " Forgot about Vee". Next year Venus will bring passion and then is when we will see the greatest tennis ever played!! Serena without the block and Venus with passion, that day the WTA tour will see greatness!!

Venus Forever
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:29 PM
I definitely hope so, I just don't know if I see that in Venus. Everytime Venus beats Serena, she just doesn't gloat, but yet Serena does with a victory over Venus. Venus is just that type a girl, a family girl who is very mellow.

TSequoia01
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by TennisPower
Venus had:

2 GS wins in 2000
2 GS wins in 2001
3 GS finals in 2002

Barring illness, injury or a sudden exogenous change in the competition, Venus, in all probability, will have a GS win in 2003. I don't see Aussie, but the other three are open to her. I predict when it happens, Serena will have been knocked out at the semis by Cappy, Davey or Kim.

Hey, I'm entitled to an opinion too! :angel:

I agree with your scenario. No one wins all the time. Venus will get a chance against someone other than the Princess Of Power! http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/contrib/dday/blunt.gif

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:01 AM
Tseq - Hey, I coined that handle, Princess of Power when we were on the old board. :)

Yeah, VENUS is a winner and she will get more GS titles.

BasicTennis
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:28 AM
Venus will win a GS after Serena retires in 2010.;)

tennisIlove09
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:06 AM
don't worry 2010 would be your year.;)

nope, the way I play tennis, I would never win a slam :sad: :D ;)

Sam L
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:12 AM
Go Venus, bring down fur-girl.

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:09 AM
If VENUS can not win over SERENA, then there is just about no hope of anyone else on the tour accomplishing that feat. :)

BasicTennis
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09
nope, the way I play tennis, I would never win a slam :sad: :D ;)

so how about a Slam Dunk Contest!!!! Take over Michael Jordan trone.;)

nuriboy
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Venus: I agree Venus is the family- type of girl,but nobody wants to keep losing to the same person time and again! Thatīs why Iīm seeing a whole new Venus vs Serena matches in 2003.

But right now it is clearly that Venus has her work cut out for her, cause babysister has taken over.

TeeRexx
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Nuriboy - Good point. VENUS is a competitor and has has the family pride to want to do her best. I also believe that SERENA may be partying just a little bit to much and may pay for it in Crockland.

nuriboy
Dec 24th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Do u think so Teerexx?! I think that when the time comes she will be there and complete the slam!!

TSequoia01
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Tseq - Hey, I coined that handle, Princess of Power when we were on the old board. :)

Yeah, VENUS is a winner and she will get more GS titles.

I know Tee, I stole it from you! :o

BasicTennis
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by nuriboy
Do u think so Teerexx?! I think that when the time comes she will be there and complete the slam!!

For sure Serena will complete the Slam in 2003 so guys stop being so nervous about Venus' chances...:)

BK4ever
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:37 AM
I hope Venus can win at least one slam in 2003. If anyone had told me that Venus would make three finals and not win one I would have laughed in their face. I like Rena, but I love Venus and I hope she is training hard during this off season.

Work on your angles, serve and forehand Vee...do it for the fans :D

BasicTennis
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Well, Serena is her practice partner, so whatever improvements Venus' makes if any, Serena would be very ready for it.;)

go Serena!!!! Dominate WTA!!!!:bounce:

BK4ever
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:05 AM
Basic..why are u antagonizing TeeRexx...you know he don't like to hear no nonsense about his girl Vee :D

BasicTennis
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by BK4ever
Basic..why are u antagonizing TeeRexx...you know he don't like to hear no nonsense about his girl Vee :D

LOL@Bk4ever, don't worry, TeeRexx is strong enough to take it....he's gradually getting used to Venus' losing streak.;):rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Dec 25th, 2002, 07:31 AM
VENUS is doing just fine playing in three slam finals and getting to whipallof the players that her sister doesn't get a chance to spank. :p

BasicTennis
Dec 25th, 2002, 11:14 AM
I admire your inner strength; you passed the three GS final loses with flying colors....don't worry, you'll get used to it. maybe Venus wants to test more your maximum inner strength in 2003.:D

TeeRexx
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:35 PM
My inner strenght is limitless.
I will also enjoy watching VENUS heft another GS trophy over her head next year as well. :p

BasicTennis
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Sorry, My Serena wouldn't allow that.:p:D:D

TeeRexx
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:38 AM
SERENA has no choice in the matter. :p

BasicTennis
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Absolutely! She will kick Venus ass once again.:D

anton
Dec 28th, 2002, 09:17 AM
i dont think venus will let think happen. if her serve is on and she is injury free she will be tough to beat. getting to 3 gs finals with all her injuries approaches the Steffi Graf "play through injures" zone

BasicTennis
Dec 28th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Injury is always a good excuse....we can certainly take that.;)

Vincent
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:30 PM
everything is possible
nothing is impossible:)

TeeRexx
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:32 PM
VENUS will win a slam and will promote her new business in the acceptance speech. :)

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 03:18 AM
LOL she's a better businesswoman than a player I guess.;)

aisha
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:20 AM
I hope not! So much potential! :)

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:28 AM
so much potential to be slamless in 2003.hehehe...j/k..***Just Testing the inner strength****:p

Venus Forever
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Venus is gonna kick Serena's butt in the final.:p

aisha
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:33 AM
BOOOOO! :rolleyes: You know what I meant. ;) :p

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
Venus is gonna kick Serena's butt in the final.:p

easier said than done.:p

Venus Forever
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:56 AM
I could say the same for the Serena Slam.:p

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:18 AM
go Serena you can win them all!!!!:bounce:;)

Venus Forever
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:22 AM
go Venus you can win them all!!!!:bounce:;)

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:24 AM
easier said than done.:p

Venus Forever
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:24 AM
:rolleyes:

aisha
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Go Venus & Serena you can win them all. I guess I'm the moderate. :)

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:40 AM
LOL@aisha No mercy Serena!!! Be a true professional tennis player. Just win them all.:D

TeeRexx
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:41 AM
BT is having a lot of fun it appears. :)

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Yeah....you look funny eh.;)

TeeRexx
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:46 AM
BT - You have had more than enough post in this wonderful thread, I believe. :p

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:47 AM
I believe you accountant TeeRexx.;)...I'll do anything for the tennis diva.:D

Venus Forever
Dec 29th, 2002, 06:56 AM
VENUS WILL RULE THE 2003 SEASON!!

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:00 AM
ok Serena, give your dear sister some titles but not GS.;)

tennisIlove09
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:01 AM
ok Serena, give your dear sister some titles but not GS.;)

the same way Venus "gave" Serena titles this year ;)

aisha
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Nobody ever gave anybody anything. One always seems to be up while the other seems to be down. They're gonna catch each other on good days and produce classic tennis like we know they can. Don't lose the faith. :)

aisha
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:09 AM
They could "donate" some of that dough to me though. ;)

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:10 AM
In a way, they give each other a chance in smaller events because they both don't participate unless it's GS or Tier I tournament.;)

tennisIlove09
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by aisha
Nobody ever gave anybody anything. One always seems to be up while the other seems to be down. They're gonna catch each other on good days and produce classic tennis like we know they can. Don't lose the faith. :)

Your Opinion...but I've never seen Venus play worse then she did in Miami and Paris.

London and New York, I can't say...I've heard mixed reviews :) ;) :rolleyes:

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Serena is just playing way above Venus' level....the reason why it looked like Venus played her worst game.;)

tennisIlove09
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Serena is just playing way above Venus' level....the reason why it looked like Venus played her worst game.;)

I could accept that, but IMO, Venus didn't try. Especially in the Miami match. I've never seen Venus NOT run for balls, but in Miami she did. She didn't go for shots she would go for against ANY other player...she DOES go for against ANY other player.

IMO, Venus needs to stop "looking after" Serena. She admitted on Oprah that she looks out for Serena on the court, while trying to get the win. Well...she won't win doing that ;)

aisha
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Your Opinion...but I've never seen Venus play worse then she did in Miami and Paris.

That AO semi vs. Hingis comes to mind. I think Venus was tired from the Dementieva match in Miami that carried over to the semi vs. Serena. Oddly enough, Miami reminds me of the AO tough qf/semi flameout of 2001. But that's just me. :)

tennisIlove09
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by aisha
That AO semi vs. Hingis comes to mind. I think Venus was tired from the Dementieva match in Miami that carried over to the semi vs. Serena. Oddly enough, Miami reminds me of the AO tough qf/semi flameout of 2001. But that's just me. :)

but in watching the AO semi and the Miami semi, I find Venus was TRYING more against Hingis. Maybe because she doesn't mind losing to Serena [she admitted this after the US open 2001 :) ]

BasicTennis
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:48 AM
uhuummm...so easy to give excuses I guess.;)

TeeRexx
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Is BT a stalker? :p

Pureracket
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:39 PM
tennisIlove,
Good points. I don't know if it's a matter of Venus not trying or my just expecting so much from her, though. I do know that during that time period Miami, Venus' withdrawal from the Italian Open (with that suspicious injury), and her lacklustre performance in the AO finals disappointed me. She seemed more interested in being a cheerleader for Serena than playing against her. It's hard to guage the compassion of siblings. If my younger brother and I played and I won all the time, I would probably start rooting for him too.

BasicTennis
Dec 30th, 2002, 05:52 AM

LOL no way I would stalk Venus.:p

tennisIlove09
Dec 30th, 2002, 06:28 AM

LMAO...too funny.

I think BT is just a die-hard Serena fan. What's wrong with that?

TeeRexx
Dec 30th, 2002, 06:37 AM
I guess BT is worried because he knows that SERENA can not maintain that record against the Goddess of Tennis. :p LOL

BasicTennis
Dec 30th, 2002, 11:01 AM
I am as confident as Serena's grunt on the tennis court.;)

GermanBoy
Dec 30th, 2002, 11:49 AM
I hope so! And Serena, too! But that would be like winning the jackpot in a lottery......

TeeRexx
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:26 PM
The bad news is SERENA is playing in the Hopman Cup and VENUS is seting up chairs in some billionaire's house.
SERENA is serious about that Crockland title and VENUS better get serious about that event real soon as well.

BasicTennis
Dec 31st, 2002, 08:40 AM
go Serena....win for big Sister.....Venus is very busy and have no time for grandslams at the moment.;)

ayanate
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:29 AM
Why the excuses for the sister with inferior talent?, why can't we just accept the genius that is Serena?. The fact of the matter is the form Serena showed to win her 3 grand slams in a row have never been seen by a lady in the history of tennis and if she reproduces that form in 2003 then she would be unstoppable.

Venus would really have to overhaul her game to compete at Serena's best level and I cannot see it; her second serve is a gimme for Serena, her groundies are more likely to break down in a rally and Serena is now the better competitor.

Plus, Venus has developed a bad habit of accepting defeat and a body language that says 'it's not my day'.

She needs two things to change;

1. Stop being aloof about loosing to anyone including and especially baby sis.
2. Turn the matches into mind games and show her sister on the court why she is the elder and more deserving of the prize(the competitor can sometimes win over superior technique).

nuriboy
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:54 AM
Exactly ayanate! Venus has to be a better competitor if she wants to defeat Serena ever again, because itīs obvious right now who hates losing the most: Serena. Thatīs why the turnaround in 2002: Iīm tired of losing!! If Venus can bring the same attitude then we will see some classic matches between the two.

TeeRexx
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:06 PM
One thing is very prevelant on this board and that is band wagon jumping, dumping faves because they do not come up to your perceived expectations and hoping on board with whomever is hot at the moment.

I will remember the names of some of you traitorous former VENUS fans when she gets her next slam and I will give you the punishments that you have so dearly earned. :p :)

So, until then, have your little fun and I will be patiently waiting for VENUS to bump off her little sis, who is of course, my #2 fave as well. :)

BasicTennis
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:23 AM
jump to Serena's bandwagon now before you lose all your inner strength my boy.:D

Venus Forever
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:23 AM

BasicTennis
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:42 AM
you can join too venusforever but first you gotta get rid off the "forever thingy".;)

Nobody owns them, so it's free.:p

Venus Forever
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:43 AM
VENUS THE QUEEN WILL RULE THE 2003 TENNIS YEAR!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BasicTennis
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:46 AM
Easier said than done.;)

TeeRexx
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:41 PM
Thread answer: Hell no!! :p

BasicTennis
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:26 PM
Thread answer: Heaven YES!! :angel:

Venus Forever
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
Thread Answer: NO

TeeRexx
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:42 PM
The only possible thread answer is: YES!!

catkey94
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:53 PM
I doubt that Venus will be slamless in 2003.

BasicTennis
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Serena is just on the right target at the moment to win all the 4 GS in 2003!!!!:bounce:

BasicTennis
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:09 AM
The only possible thread answer is: YES!!

LOL@Tee, what happened to your inner strength...you have opened the Chamber of Secrets.:p :wavey:

Venus Forever
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:13 AM
When Venus kicks Serena's ASS at this year's Aussie Open, I will LAUGH in your face.:p

fhkung
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:27 AM
dont care, as long as Serena doesnt win AO, i'm fine,
beat your lil sis in the final if you want to Venus,
just dont let her win....:devil:

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 03:43 AM
When Venus kicks Serena's ASS at this year's Aussie Open, I will LAUGH in your face.:p

LOL dream on.:p

Venus Forever
Jan 6th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Get ready for it.:p

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 03:51 AM
I'll sure get ready for Serena's victory celebration.:kiss:

Venus Forever
Jan 6th, 2003, 03:56 AM
Yes, Serena's victory Celebration for Venus' triumph at the Aussie Open.:p

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:02 AM
don't worry Venusforever, you're one of the invited guests at Serena's SLAM celebration.;) Only catsuits allowed.:drool:

Venus Forever
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:09 AM
See again you got it wrong, it's Serena's SLAM celebrations for the QUEEN, VENUS.:D

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:12 AM
LOL I allow you to dream, but nevertheless, SERENA would realize that dream for her big Sistah.;) btw, the motiff for Serena's victory celebration would be yellow.:kiss:

Venus Forever
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:15 AM

Venus will love the yellow celebration for her from Serena. It matches her skin greatly.:)

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:22 AM
I'm sure Venus would be in "black" outfit during Serena's SLAM victory celebration.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Nah, Venus will be wearing white instead because it will be her re-birth as the tennis Queen during her own celebration.:)

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Venus rebirth would be after Serena's retirement.:D

TeeRexx
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:20 AM
VENUS is going to have to give baby sis a gentle spanking. :)
And maybe give a hard one tone of SERENA'S biggest fans as well. :p

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Venus giving Serena a gentle pat on Serena's butt for completing a career Grandslam is a nice gesture from the ever classy Venus.;)

1jackson2001
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Venus will win Wimbledon this year. :D ;) :cool: :hearts: :bounce:

BasicTennis
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:11 AM
no way....Serena wants to surpassl Venus' two Wimby titles....Venus has to wait after 5 years at least.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Oh, Basic Tennis is so delusional.:rolleyes:

But yet, it's kinda sad.:sad:

1jackson2001
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:12 PM
I think Venus will be motivated to keep ahead in the number of Wimby titles she has over her sis. ;)

And once Venus is over sheltering Serena and has her eyes on the trophy herself.....then it's bye bye lil sis! :wavey:

BasicTennis
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:22 AM
easier said than done.:rolleyes:

Venus Forever
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:27 AM
BT is a one-liner. :rolleyes:

BasicTennis
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:16 AM
I just infected you VF.;)

TeeRexx
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:23 AM
BT is very limited. :)

BasicTennis
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:34 AM
LOL so is Venus.;)

1jackson2001
Jan 8th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Not if Venus has something to say about it. ;)

I can just imagine Venus in an interview after defeating Serena in the finals..."I love my sister but I was just tired of losing to her every time and thought big sis should teach her a lesson."...while doing that nod and smile of hers.....LOL :p

BasicTennis
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:24 AM
I wonder if Venus can even reach the semis.;)

TeeRexx
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:41 PM
I wonder what dress VENUS will wear in the OZ finals? :)

BasicTennis
Jan 11th, 2003, 11:22 AM
VENUS will win a slam and will promote her new business in the acceptance speech. :)

of course Venus has prepared more for her outfit than her tennis.;)

TeeRexx
Jan 11th, 2003, 01:28 PM
SERENA has been spending more time on her hair than her game at times it seems. :)

Venus Forever
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:04 PM
SERENA has been spending more time on her hair than her game at times it seems. :)

:D

Don't forget her acting lessons and purchasing of a Hollywood House.:)

BasicTennis
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:10 AM

LOL she can afford it because she has tons of talent to cover it up than Venus.;):wavey:

TeeRexx
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Someone will be eating a lot of barbequed crow when VENUS wins one of her slams this year. :p LOL

TeeRexx
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:45 PM
VENUS will not go slamless in 2003.
I guarantee it, folks. :)

Venus Forever
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:50 PM
You should have emphasized NOT, not Venus.;)

BasicTennis
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Venus game today showed that she hasn't improve a bit. Serena's gonna humiliate her on court once again.:D

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:21 AM
I hope she wont go slamless!

BasicTennis
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:22 AM
sorry virtu, Venus is virtually slamless because she's lazy to improve her game.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Absolutely pathetic he is, virtu. Don't listen to him.

He just doesn't want to realize that Venus is the BEST player in the world.:D

CJ07
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:36 AM
I'd bet the rent that V will win a slam this year

BasicTennis
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:04 AM
He just doesn't want to realize that Venus is the BEST player in the world.:D

LOL it's the best joke I've had so far.:D:D thanks.:kiss:

Venus Forever
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Are you talking about the dream world you live in??

BasicTennis
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:55 AM
LOL you have yet to wake up from 2002 Slamless Venus my dear.;):D:p

Venus Forever
Jan 13th, 2003, 07:40 PM
And what about 2000 AND 2001 Slamless Serena.:p

Venus Forever
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:34 AM
Oh, and you talked about Venus' "rust," how bout Serena's?:p

Loit even played better than Serena.:p

If Venus and Serena meet, Venus will destroy her bootay.:p

BasicTennis
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:59 AM
And what about 2000 AND 2001 Slamless Serena.:p

LOL and we're talking about the future here.;)hehehe

of course Serena needed matches like that, this should keep her more focused up to the finals.:wavey:

Venus Forever
Jan 14th, 2003, 08:00 PM
You brought the past up, so :rolleyes:.

Boy, Emilie was really working Serena last night. Venus beat a person ranked higher a lot easier than that.:p

BasicTennis
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:25 AM
if it were Venus who faced Emily Loit in the first round, then for sure Venus should have been vacationing in Italy by now with her boyfriend.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Yeah, because Venus would have crushed her 6-0 6-0.;) This is all considering that Venus beat a much tough player, much easier.:)

Serena even had to result to profanity in order to get her pumped up because she was so far down.:p

BasicTennis
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:36 AM
I saw Venus on the sidelines, I think she was praying that Serena would lose so she'll have a chance to win a Grandslam again.hehehehe:p but sorry Venus, Serena is destined to win all GS this year.:D

Venus Forever
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I saw Venus on the sidelines as well. Looked as if she was worried that Serena was going to lose because she was playing SOOO BAD.

BasicTennis
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Venus couldn't win on a bad day....that's the reason why Serena is the true No. 1 in the world.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Venus had a bad day Monday, and still won it easily. Serena had a bad day yesterday, and almost lost it.

Keep in mind Venus didn't play a warm-up and Serena did. That shows you who the best one is considering no warm up and easier win.

BasicTennis
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Hasn't Serena gave Venus 3 chances to prove her best??? Venus' best is not good enough.;)

TeeRexx
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:10 AM
VENUS is moving towards that whipping that she will give the baby of her family. :)

BasicTennis
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Serena will be ready for that big smile for her first Australian Open Title, and Venus is delegated to take picture of that beautiful moment.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:37 PM
It's sad that he's in a state of denial, TeeRexx. He just doesn't realize how poorly Serena is playing and how GREAT Venus is.

BasicTennis
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I've seen the concern in Venus face when Serena started to stream roll her opponents starting from 2nd round. She started practicing how to be comforted by Oracene during the finals.hehehe

TeeRexx
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:41 AM
BT - After VENUS smacks down little sis, I think I will have her smack you around for a while as well. But you will get a much harder smacking. :p :)

BasicTennis
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:11 AM
I leave Serena to do the job---->>>>smack big sister.;)

TeeRexx
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:48 PM
VENUS will win the Crockland all Williams final! :) :p

Venus Forever
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:07 PM
VENUS will win the Crockland all Williams final! :) :p

Finally someone who is not delusional.:D

BasicTennis
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Serena will dump all the pretenders to her throne.;):p:D

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:39 AM
Venus is still nowhere near Serena's level.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:13 AM
Venus is still nowhere near Serena's level.;)

Yeah, I mean, afterall, Venus didn't lose a set and Serena did.:rolleyes:

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:16 AM
I would sure give Venus a 2003 GS title---->>>>the doubles GS title; thanks to li'l sistah.:D

Venus Forever
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:19 AM
Again, Serena doesn't look so great. She lost a set and almost a match. Venus' opponents haven't even gotten to 5 in a set. Venus is lookin' better.:p

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:54 AM
Serena's just saving her best for the finals....now, Venus wouldn't sure get a set in this encounter as expected.:D

BasicTennis
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:24 AM
Allez Serena!!!! complete your GS trophy collection!!!!:bounce:

TeeRexx
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:54 AM
BT - It is really beginning to look like VENUS will get the OZ slam, eh? :p :p LOL

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:22 AM
Not after Serena's win today....the most serene performance of all times.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:32 AM
One match does not win you the whole tournament, but one loss to Venus surely can.:p

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:46 AM
easier said than done.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:48 AM
Whatever you say to me, can also be said to yourself.;)

Becool
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:14 AM
Go Serena!!!

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:25 AM
hi Becool.....Serena is so cool today!!!!;)

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:47 AM
VENUS is getting in position to win her first of FOUR slams for 2003! :)

Hi, BT. :wavey:

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:51 AM
The Serena slam is about to unfold before our very eyes!!!!;)

Higher TeeRexx.:kiss:

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:52 AM
Baby sis will not get this title.

go VENUS. :)

BasicTennis
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:07 AM
It's SeREIGNa's title.;)

goner VENUS.:)

servenrichie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:30 AM
BasicTennis should Venus win a slam this year, I am personally gonna string up your sorry ass
:D

Go Williams bring the title home!

TeeRexx
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:23 PM
VENUS!! Just do it, babe!!

BasicTennis
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:48 AM
I've seen a frightened look from Venus when Serena stated during her interview on court right after her win against Kim: "Venus wants to win but I want to win it too, so I'm gonna FIGHT again!!!!"

You are truly a champion Serena!!!! This is indeed your best chance to complete your GS trophy!!!!!

Go for it Serena and no mercyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Go for greatness!!!!!:bounce:

TeeRexx
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:38 PM
Now SERENA will lose to the mighty VENUS in the Oz finals and only then will the infamous catsuit be put to rest. :)

BasicTennis
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Well done Serena!!!!! you are simply the greatest!!!:bounce:

Venus congrats as well, you earned my respect in this match but you really need to improve your Serve and forehand and you will be back this year!!!!:angel:

joaco
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Naha, don't think so Tee Rexx. Serena's just beaten Venus in the most exciting thriller between the two

TeeRexx
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:36 AM
VENUS will win the Roland Garros title then. :p
Congrats SERENA on the title and the Career Slam :)

BasicTennis
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Tee, Venus really have to improve her service game in order to win the RG Open...remember big serves become more attackable on a red clay.

Right now, it is Serena's service game that separates her from the pack and her rivals need to be consistent as well otherwise Serena will be ubeaten in 2003.;)

Venus Forever
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Well done Serena!!!!! you are simply the greatest!!!:bounce:

Venus congrats as well, you earned my respect in this match but you really need to improve your Serve and forehand and you will be back this year!!!!:angel:

I truly respect you now, I used to think you were just cocky, but I see that you are truly a graceful person in respecting Venus.

Congrats Serena on your victory.:)

Venus, get Serena the next time.;)

BasicTennis
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:45 AM
I was just teasing you Venus Forever!!!!

they're truly the best players and I would like to see more of their matches!!!!!:bounce:

TeeRexx
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:40 AM
BT - See you in Paris, buddy. :)