PDA

View Full Version : If Capriati fails to win the Aussie Open title, will she be titleless in 2003?

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:29 PM
Last year Capriati was able to only win one title and that was only after a tremendous choke job by Hingis in the Crockland Open finals.
I do not think that Capriati will be titleless in 2003 because if it gets down to August and her win count is still zero, she will probably be somewhere with Anna in a Tier IV event to get title for
the year.
I think that even though Capriati will be slamless in 2003, she may still win 1 or 2 tournaments during that period.

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:43 PM
The season will be restarting in about a week.

anton
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:44 PM
i think jc will have a hard time winning and and why cant she win a title? she won 1 title in 52 weeks! this is horrible!!! jennifer what are you doing!!!??

AjdeNate!
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:45 PM
I'd take 1 GS over 6 Tier IIs and IIIs.

anton
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:48 PM
this has aready been discussed on cnnsi. the top players would prefer venus' 2002 over jc's. they dont want to lose 19 tournaments in a row like jennifer did. that was pathethic. maybe she should have played some of those II and IIIs.

AjdeNate!
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:49 PM
Ah, yes... but Grand Slam Championne sounds much better than winner of the sisters of the poor challenge.

:p

anton
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:53 PM
whatever, the top players dont want to lose 19 events in a row. everybody thinks she can beat jennifer now. plus that melbourne title will be gone soon enough.

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:56 PM
Capriati was also winless over the #1 and 2 player as well.
But, she does have the slam that Marti gave her it seems. :p

TeNnIsFaN
Dec 21st, 2002, 03:00 PM
Why do you think Martina just gave her the slam? And at the end of 2001 Capriati did awful, but she came back and won 2002 Aussie Open, which none of you thought she would..So let's just find out what happens in 2003...

anton
Dec 21st, 2002, 03:00 PM
yea i think martina should have won that match but she got tired near the end. also maybe jennifer's cursing-mind games threw hingis off. capriati cursed so loud everybody could hear it.

slydevil6142
Dec 21st, 2002, 03:01 PM
Well Martina did not give Jennifer that title ...she still had to fight hard on those 4 championship points to take the title so i give her alot of credit for that. Unforuntly everyone isnt has giving has Martina so jen needs to be on top of her game to defend that aus title.

england_rules
Dec 21st, 2002, 03:13 PM
Jennifer will probably win one big title and then lose every other tournament. Let's say Miami.

Venus Forever
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:17 PM
I think she'll win a couple of titles, but not so sure about the GS. She definitely has a chance to win any of them.

I do see a slide in the rankings coming. I think she'll remain in the top 10, but not at the top 3 spots anymore.

apidhan
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:18 PM
TeeRexx and anton, u r really2 suck...

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:25 PM
Ok so what Jen had a bad season last year:( . But that dosent mean that this year she'll play bad:p Just look at Serena ,who would have ever thought she'd be holding three GS titles.... Certainly not me!!!
Come on Jen, Prove everyone wrong!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

gourownway
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:34 PM
I'm new to the posting thing, but I have been lurking for over 4 months now, and I have to say most people on this board are very down on Capriati.

I honestly don't know why so many people make such a big deal about Jenn and the swearing. I'm a female athlete, I played club volleyball (lost my scholorships to college due to knee injury) but ended up playing softball NCAA div II. If you only knew how well versed in swearing most of the women I played in softball and volleyball were then I guess you would all be floored.

Is it because it's tennis?? Is it wrong to be upset, if that's what helps her get fired up, then more power to her. Some people stay quiet, some people express it. I've heard Davenport swear, and I saw Serena mouth a good swear during her match with Capriati at the Championships.

She may not win OZ but I'm willing to say she will win at least 2 tier 1's this year. She looked good in LA and I think she has her fight back. Besides she does well in the early part of the season, and she is playing tournaments that she hasn't been to in years this year. I think she is going to do better then everyone is giving her credit for.

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:40 PM
gourownway: WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!! JEN CAPRIATI 2003 Oz Champ

nuriboy
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:04 PM
I think that Capriati will win some tournaments, but I donīt think it will be a GS. Right now there are too many people who can beat her. She isnīt unbeatable like in 2001( parts of then) and she has to thank God that Amelie is out because Amelie got her number. Right now I think that after the sisters the best player based on current form is Kim Clijsters.

BK4ever
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:08 PM
why does serena and venus have to end up in every conversation...get over it already

JCAP
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:15 PM
Nice one BK4ever!!!

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:10 PM
Gour - Oh, so you told an official to fuck themself during a competition that was being broadcast on international TV, eh?

To mouth a curse to oneself and to go over to an official and publically and loudly use the word fuck in the course of the communications are so different that they are incomparable.

I hope that your manners have since improved since that time for the better.

You also predicted the same amount of wins for Cap as I did, so what is your issue on that point? capriati has a chance to win a slam, but it is very remote. Not having to face a WILLIAMS in in a GS final is a definite plus for todays players.

leslie
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by BK4ever
why does serena and venus have to end up in every conversation...get over it already

Because they are the best in all aspects of tennis and character and the most talked about on all tennis boards.

Halardfan
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:28 PM
Writing off Jen is a lot of people's fave sport...but she's made them look foolish a number of times before, and will do so again, sooner or later. :)

nuriboy
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:40 PM
You go Leslie!! Right now thet talk in women tennis is: how do we stop those 2 players who call themselves sisters?! Right now they are flava of tennis. Best game and best mentallity. Canīt beat that!!

TSequoia01
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:56 PM
I think Jen will win numerous tournaments in 2003. Why? If you take a real good look she made quite a few finals. Scottsdale, Miami (losses to Serena), and the Canadian (lost to Mauresmo). In addition Jen lost to Serena in Rome, French Open, and the Championship in the Semi-Finals. Actually, now that I look at it, Serena is the real reason she won only one tournament. All Jen needs to do is schedule tournaments where the Sisters are not there. Jen will win at least 4 tournaments this year. :cool:

TeeRexx
Dec 21st, 2002, 10:14 PM
Qoute:
------
"All Jen needs to do is schedule tournaments where the Sisters are not there."
------
Tesq - That is a hilarious statement. A real champion who goes about ducking opponents? :)

The Tier IV and V events await. :)

gourownway
Dec 21st, 2002, 10:52 PM
TeeRexx, I have no beef with you and I do not intend to start a fight with anyone on any message board.

It is obvious to me that Capriati is not one of your favorite players, that's great we all have our favorites she isn't one of yours.

The Williams sisters are not on the top of my list but I respect their abilities. I see that you predicted the same as I did, my point is that even if you predicted it, I don't think you respect her abilities that much and I think a lot of people on the board feel the same as you. That was what I was getting at. Maybe people have lost respect for her because of the swearing incident. I think that is a shame, because most people in the heat of the moment wish they would have taken what they said back. Who knows,
maybe she does too, but you know what, it's done and over with. She moved on, so should everyone else.

To answer your question:...Yes, my game was broadcasted on ESPN2, we were playing University of California in Pennsylvania, I slid into home and the ump called me out. I turned to him and said, "You know what, you are full of shit." I was safe. The next day we watched the replay and the catcher missed the tag. Things happen in the heat of the moment. Doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I'm a very respected person in my office, yes I still swear sometimes when I get mad, but the California Board of Governors don't seem to mind so I don't think you should be worried about my manners either. Thanks for caring though.

darren cahill
Dec 21st, 2002, 11:40 PM
anton, you said in a post that this was discussed on cnnsi...do you mean the message boards? are they still around? if so...how do you get there...i thought they were long gone and closed down?:confused:

Ma. Estefania
Dec 21st, 2002, 11:40 PM
Yes.

nuriboy
Dec 21st, 2002, 11:44 PM
Gourownway: I have to agree with Teerexx. I donīt think itīs a scine of a champion when you have to start ducking the competition to win some tournaments. When youīre a true champion you must beat everybody. But I think Jennifer will win some tournyīs......they wonīt be GSīs though!!

gourownway
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:24 AM
Nuri,

I'm not sure what you mean by ducking the competition, but I respect your opinion just like I respect TeeRexx's.

All I'm saying is everyone has an opinion on it. Isn't that why the thread was started?

TeeRexx asked me a question and I answered the person back, that is all.

I'm sure I will get slammed with an answer but that is ok, as far as me, I expressed my opinion then answered a question.

As far as the ducking the competition, I think one of the tournaments she wins this year will be against a William's sister in a final. Then again, that is my opinion which well differ from a lot of people. Besides didn't both the Williams sisters pull out of OZ last year? If that is what you are refering to ducking the competition, well then how could that be? It's not possible to duck the competition when they pull out, right?

I mean no harm, it's just my 2 cents, which as they say that and a buck fifty will get me coffee.

Late

PhoenixStorm
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:15 AM
Jen may be a wonderful person off court, I dont know. What I do know is that on court she can be a craggy, selfish, unsportswomanlike, and vulgar. If she curses in the heat of the moment, fine no harm no foul but when she verbally attacks people in the crowd, reporters, officials, etc etc. well that just stinks and doesn't need to be done.

In my opinion she is a queen sized royal B!tch. End of story. Maybe you care for people who dont take others into consideration. I dont. My question if cursing people out is a bad thing to do but does not make one a bad person then at what point does doing bad things make you a bad person?

Im sure if I cursed out a professor there would be some form of reprimand no matter if it was in the heat of the moment.

Kiswana
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:20 AM
Do you really want an answer or are you just sharing your secret desires?

darren cahill
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:22 AM
To me it seems like Jen still gets knocked for this endless cursing tirade that she supposedly does at each and every event she enters and yet i dont recall any real outburts since the aussie open? did i miss most of the year? because for most of the events i saw, she may have asked for quiet or whatever but as for cursing, it hasnt been all that often...then again, she hasnt been in too many draws long enough to let it happen. LOL, i just know i saw all her matches in the season finale and the US open and wimbledon and the french and didnt see anything worth moaning and groaning over

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:17 AM
a simple YES as an answer to this thread.:o

Tratree
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by darren cahill
To me it seems like Jen still gets knocked for this endless cursing tirade that she supposedly does at each and every event she enters and yet i dont recall any real outburts since the aussie open? did i miss most of the year? because for most of the events i saw, she may have asked for quiet or whatever but as for cursing, it hasnt been all that often...then again, she hasnt been in too many draws long enough to let it happen. LOL, i just know i saw all her matches in the season finale and the US open and wimbledon and the french and didnt see anything worth moaning and groaning over

Exactly DC....I have asked numerous times on this board for anyone to point to any incident since the Australian when Jennifer has cursed, been "vulger" or whatever and no one has ever had the guts to answer. She did not as other posters (who are sadly fixated on hating Jennifer) "verbally attack" anyone or tell an official to go "f*ck themself". When the official said she couldn't change the line judge, Jennifer replied, "Then call the f*cking referee!" I don't see where that was either telling them to fornicate with themself. It was also not directed at a person like, "You are a f*cking idiot!" I wouldn't have said it and I don't advocate it, but it happens. It was like 185 degrees on court and in the heat of the battle. I would probably let a curse out as well, though I don't like that word at all. My point, and I do have one, is that people do talk like Jennifer is constantly throwing the f-bomb all over the court in every match and it is simply not true. Yes, she gets upset at noises in the crowd. Big deal.

So again, please list anything all year that Jennifer said on court, either before or after the Australian this year that was so utterly vulger that you just cannot tolerate her anymore.

SerialKiller#69
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:30 AM
what's up with this Anna, Martina and Jennifer negativity?

anton
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by darren cahill
anton, you said in a post that this was discussed on cnnsi...do you mean the message boards? are they still around? if so...how do you get there...i thought they were long gone and closed down?:confused:

no i mean it was in JOhn Worsheiwn's mailbag a few weeks ago

HugeMaryFan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:41 AM
Crockland open???? Gee that is very funny Tee Rex

HugeMaryFan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:42 AM
Maybe we should call the US Open the Redneck open - How does that sound Tee Rex?

anton
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:48 AM
not all americans have red necks!! actually that is an insult. red neck implies stupidity and commonish.

tennisIlove09
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:50 AM
This is an interesting stat for everyone.

Since Jen's "comeback" in 2001, she has won 4 titles. 3 of the Slams. BUT, in each event, she's had to beat MARTINA HINGIS

Aussie Open 01: def. Hingis 64 63 final
Family Circle 01: def. Hingis 60 46 64 final
Roland Garros 01: def. Hingis 64 63 semi final
Aussie Open 01: def. Hingis 46 76 62 final

No Hingis, no tournament!

Of course, this can change with one tournament victory. IMO, Jen's problem is her serve. That's why she lost some matches this year [probably ALL of the Serena matches; the Dokic QF Acura, the Sugiyama LA QF, the Mauresmo US Open QF]

I think she will win some events...and she will fight her heart out at the Aussie. I wouldn't be surprised if she beats one Williams, only to lose to the other.

anton
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:55 AM
jennifer matches up very nicely against hingis bc jc can match mh consistency but overpowers her so hingis has nothing to turn to

Robbie.
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:19 AM
Whatever Jenn achieves in 2003, you can bet her heart and soul will be on the line through out - guts, determination, and never-say-die bravado will ensure that Jenn's bid for an Oz Open Hat trick will surely be one of the most exhillarating experiences for any tennis fan in 2003. Come on Jenny! :kiss:

BasicTennis
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:21 AM
LOL you sound nervous Rob.;)

Robbie.
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:24 AM
lol@bt

Being a Jenn fan is always a bit nerve racking :o I doubt that there has ever been a consistent top 3 player, multiple slam winner who loses so many sets and has such close matches in the early rounds :rolleyes: You gotta love the girl though ;)

jenny161185
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:37 AM
i agree with gouronwway so what if she curses at least shes fired up and really wants the win there are alot of female athletes that curse and its not unsportsmanlike - she is not a sore loser unlike some other players.go jen with the hatrick 2003!! i think she'll win a slam and maybe tier 1 and tier 2.if she does nt win oz she'll win in france

TeeRexx
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:14 PM
quote:
------
:she is not a sore loser unlike some other players"
------
You were talking about Capriati, right?
:)

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Tennislove stated an interesting point! All the titles she won were against Hingis. Hingis is known more for her consistency than for her power. Capriati can beat consistent players, but has problems with players who have as much if not more power than her!! Interesting, interesting! Thatīs why sheīs losing so many times to Stevenson, Serena, Venus, Mauresmo!! She canīt overpower them and these players have as much retrieving abilities as her!

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:28 PM
To me Jennifer has a bad name right now, not because she is cursing. Itīs because she tried to test BJKīs authority during her Fed Cup stint, that caused Capri being booted from the squad. Another thing that tarnished her imago, was her whining about Monicaīs grunting during a tournament in ī01 I think. And we all know: when you mess with Monica you blew it for ever!

TeeRexx
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:41 PM
Nouriboy - Things that tarnished Jenn's image

1. Two felony convictions
2. Cursing loudly on several occasions during international broadcast.
3. Whining about losing to SERENA
4. Whining about Monica's love grunts
5. Public drunkedness
6. Stripping in public without a strippers permit

Dennisnijmegen
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
Nouriboy - Things that tarnished Jenn's image

1. Two felony convictions
2. Cursing loudly on several occasions during international broadcast.
3. Whining about losing to SERENA
4. Whining about Monica's love grunts
5. Public drunkedness
6. Stripping in public without a strippers permit

1, 5, and 6 don't really have anything to do with her on court behaviour, do they?

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:59 PM
Yeah Dennis. Only 2,3,4 do matter, but they are all serious things. And they can do a lot of damage to your image!!

Dennisnijmegen
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:24 PM
You're correct nuriboy but if people keep repeating the history someone has that's not really fear I think. I haven't seen Jennifer 'misbehave' on court since the Aussie open. Considering the other aspects, give the girl a break, jeez can't she just have a privat life, I mean I don't see any behaviour that's out of this planet.

Light-skinned Girl
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:29 PM
I think its *highly* unlikely that Jennifer won't win a title in 2003 but *all* players have gone through slumps so there's a *slim* chance it could happen.

JCAP
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:24 PM
Will you guy's PLEASE give Jen a break!!:fiery: So what if she swears on court,if thats what gets her fired up,i say swear all you want Jen!! And big deal about her passed she done some things im sure she regrets(drugs) though we all do,its just unfortunate she done it infront of the world..... And who gives a dam if she has a bit of fun at a night club,after a few drinks you guys seem to for get the girls human, Im sure Serena and Venus and who ever else,never goes out and gets drunk and has fun,and im sure they've never swore on court.... Get Real, You all no they have.. So get over all that shit you guys keep bringin up its all in the passed!!!!!!!:p :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :mad: :( :rolleyes: :p

GO JEN,PROVE EVERYONE WRONG :bounce: :bounce: :p :D :) :) ;)

nuriboy
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
pmim...........take it easy man!! We all know you are fan,now! Easy easy......is it righ to curse at a umpire? To whine about an opponent??!!

JCAP
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:36 PM
Come on the heat the fact she was getting beat was getting to her.........so she swore "BIG DEAL" Capriati likes the no noise nothing like that durin a match so what there isnt syupposed to be any!!!

Rubylips
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:50 PM
HugeMaryFan : I really don"t know why you would call u.s. open Redneck,tthis event shines more people of color them all g.s put together.Maybe AUST.? not U.S. OPEN

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:11 AM
Maybe it is just the Age of Rudness that is at hand.
People walk by, in front of and through you without an, "Excuse me".
Does it really hurt to be curteous in public and private as well.
Does one have the right to lose all selfcontrol because they are under stressful situations?

Maybe Jenn is the poster child for bad behavior that many of you seem to want to emulate, but believe it or not, people who are decent and courteous are still in the large majority of the populations of the world.

Dennism - Yes, off court behavior is important to people who, like t or not, are role models and representatives of their sport, themselves, famlies, sponsors, race and country.

Philbo
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:16 AM
Oh well if Jennifer does go Slamless in 2003, maybe her and VENUS can start up a support group for players no longer of grand slam calibre...

"Last year Capriati was able to only win one title and that was only after a tremendous choke job by Hingis "

Oh Well, Serena wouldnt have won US Open 1999 if it wasnt for a choke job by Clijsters, Venus wouldnt have won the 2000 US Open if it wasnt from a choke job by Hingis, so they ahve them to thank as well...

Tee rex is a funny sort of posters - he likes to preach peace and harmony and starts threads like this full of backhanded insults then wonders why people attack the poor, victimised sisters...pathetic...

Philbo
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:20 AM
Off court behaviour?? Then Rex how do you justify DickWilliams off court behaviour?? How do you condone his RACIST remarks about people dating outside of marriage?? Thats all pretty terrible off court behaviour for someone who is a "representatives of their sport, themselves, famlies, sponsors, race and country"....Oops, I forgot Oracene divorced him... Still Imsure youll find yetr another pathetic way to explain/justify what a cockhead he is...

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:06 AM
Dick williams is not a tennis player. He is not VENUS nor SERENA.
I am not going to condem Jelena for the misdeeds of her dad, Pierce for her father's antics, Jenn for Stephano's womanizing or Hingis for Melanie's do.

But one of you decided to drag the Williams parents in to this issue. Next I will suppose you will blame them for the conviction of O.J. as well.

I also see that some of you fit the rude behavior of some of your faves as you would refer to someone as a cockhead.
Real classy.

JCAP
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:40 AM
You really hate Jen dont you teerexx!!! Get over it once and for all!!!

Dennisnijmegen
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:47 AM
Teerexx, so if you're a role model you can't go out and have some fun? How come no one is discussing Iva's behaviour, because she isn't a role model?
You know the press is responsible for a lot of crap that is being said, I mean they blow everything out of proportion as do some people on this board:rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:14 PM
If anything, I have understated much of what has come out in the press regarding some players.

No, I do not hate Jenn or anyone else.
I do not like some of the things that she does.

gentenaire
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
You know, I expect to be paid before I consult my crystal ball.

JCAP
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:01 PM
Teerexx,What does Jen do that is sooooo bad? (NOTHING!!!!) Cant the girl party and have fun like the rest of us??!!! She's only human,not just a bloody tennis machine like everyone seems to think!! And she is a great role model if you ask me!! To show that if you want something so bad,and you work hard to get it you'll get there!!

TeeRexx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:33 PM
Prminv - Do you drink a lot of coffee?
You are really wired up, buddy.
Relax and have a half a glass of your favoriet wine and please stop whining. :p

Bye. :wavey:

HugeMaryFan
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:36 AM
I was simply having a joke guys like Tee Rex does all the time!!!

Australian Open is not redneck at all nor is the US Open!!

TeeRexx
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:56 AM
No offense taken, HughMary, in fact we do have a tournament for rednecks.
It is called the Pacific Life Open at Indian Wells. :eek: :)

JCAP
Dec 24th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Just pissed off!! There's like 4 Capriati supporters in here,and everyone else seems to dis her,it's just not right,its not like she does anything that bad!! Shes just very passionate about her tennis, thats why she is world no3

TeeRexx
Dec 24th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Maybe because she is uncontrolable at times is the reason that she is a #3 and will rank lower than #3 after Snaketown in Jan and not still #1 because she lacks self control at crucial times.

Self control example: VENUS fighting off eight match points at the Ericsson final.

leslie
Dec 24th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by pmimvmlm1
Teerexx,What does Jen do that is sooooo bad? (NOTHING!!!!) Cant the girl party and have fun like the rest of us??!!! She's only human,not just a bloody tennis machine like everyone seems to think!! And she is a great role model if you ask me!! To show that if you want something so bad,and you work hard to get it you'll get there!!

Are you kidding me Jenn a great role model. What is your definition of a role model? She could not be a role model for my kids. She is only a role model for other kids who were on drugs and who shoplift.

leslie
Dec 24th, 2002, 07:04 PM
No offense taken, HughMary, in fact we do have a tournament for rednecks.
It is called the Pacific Life Open at Indian Wells. :eek: :)

Good one TeeRexx.

TeeRexx
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Thanks, Leslie. :)

Fingon
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:57 PM
will she be titless?

TeeRexx
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Uh, you forgot the "le", Fin. :)
But she is somewhat smallish compared to others, eh?

Merry Christmas.

anton
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:26 PM
What does Richard W getting a divorce have to do with JCc in Melbourne? JC's parents are not together either as well as Davenports, and Hingis and others.

JCAP
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Leslie, how is she not a good role model? She was a teenager whenever she done all that shit!! Now she is older she knows better, and she has proved (were there's a will there's a way) as i am a teenager i think she is a great role mode!!

gourownway
Dec 25th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Considering some of the idiots we have running around calling themselves "professional athletes" I also think Jenn is a good role model. Matter of fact my niece used her as an example for her sports management class in college .

As for Indian Wells, TeeRexx, I would perfer that you address the 909 as it's proper name...Calabama.

Thank you and good night. Oh and that holiday thing too...Merry something...hurry New Years Eve.

BasicTennis
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:37 AM
I feel sorry for your niece.....she must be following the wrong path.:eek:

SerialKiller#69
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:57 AM
pmimvmlm1, it's useless to argue with people who obviously hate your fave (and others) to the bone (the way i see it). so just let it pass. it will just frustrate you more. merry x'mas people.

:bounce:

hollywood7172
Dec 25th, 2002, 07:35 AM
first to answer the question in this thread. a big fat NO. teerexx i hope you keep this thread around till the end of 2003 so you can prove yourself wrong. and no, it wont be a tier II or III.

Tratree, Darrencahill, Gourownway, and Pmimvmlm, thanks for posting some of the more sensible posts in this thread.

everyone, just bear with teerexx. he is just a child. that's why he cannot admit his obsession with capriati and must vent his sad frustration by regularly starting threads that either blatantly or subtly put down jennifer. i guess the off season gives little Tee too much free time--oh WAIT! he does this the whole year 'round!!! well, my point proven.

someone should keep a log of all the posts TEE has dedicated to capriati...such as "will she ever win again" after capriati loses, "who is the rudest player", "who has a drinking problem", etc., in addition to mentioning over and over and over again the one time jen goes out drinking (oh my god, she drinks alcohol!!) and the few times, long long ago that she swore on court (oh my GOD!! someone said the f word!! quick, get teerexx to teach her manners)

we know you are a die-hard williams fan. but to always have to put down their main rival makes one wonder about the fan himself. i dont feel like psychoanalyzing you teerexx, so i'll spare myself the pain and just conclude that you just need to grow up.

oh, and the "did you have too much coffee" bit is old and tired. can't you come up with a new insult??

as always, i eagerly eagerly await you retort, and the next new thread on capriati bashing from you as well. what next, you're gonna criticize her earrings??

oh and by the way people, after i point out his obsession with capriati, our little indignant teerexx usually stays quiet for a few days. but his irresistible urges always bring him back to this SAME PLACE in a few days, so don't you all worry. another capriati bashing thread is coming sooner than you wish!

Fingon
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Uh, you forgot the "le", Fin. :)
But she is somewhat smallish compared to others, eh?

Merry Christmas.

No I didn't forget it :p

I thought it could be a punishment for not winning the AO, but thinking about it, Serena hasn't won it but it doesn't seem to have affected her.

merry christmas

TeeRexx
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Hollywood - You seem to be one of my biggest fans and I appreciate your adulation of me even though you are beginning to sound just a tad bit obsessive. :)

I am already grown up, buddy, so you do not have to worry about me being underaged.
Maybe we can go out and have a drink or two, but you can't go "Capriati" on me and start guzzeling down every bottle of booze in sight and start ripping off you clothes. And also, don't curse out the bartenders and waitresses because you didn't get enough booze in your drink either. They aren't 70 year old officials and they will give you a much deserved ass kicking if you go "Cappy" and start using abusive language.

I am glad you pointed out those tasteless earings that Jenn wears, I see that you noticed them as well.
Maybe she will get a decent pair for Xmas.

I have got to go now, but stay in touch, ya here. :)

Bye. :wavey:

gourownway
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Basic, my niece got an A in the class, so as far as I'm concerned she is following down the right path.

JCAP
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Well done gourownway's niece!! She choose a good tennis player!! Disclaimer your right it no use!! Its like an anti Capriati thing goin on in here!! But we r the true fans!!

BasicTennis
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by gourownway
Basic, my niece got an A in the class, so as far as I'm concerned she is following down the right path.

i hope your niece is OK today.:angel:

Oasiatic
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Well back to the what I suppose was the original topic for this thread, logic says that if Capriati won the Aussie Open, she would go titleless as demonstrated over the past year But now that she's lost (oh what a tragedy), maybe she can rack up a few titles. Maybe even take one of the other GS.

Good luck Jen.

TeeRexx
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:28 PM
I do not think that the Princess of Badness will get over this shocker and will probably have about as many titles as Anna K. this year unless she loses 20 lbs., cuts back on her drinking and partying and gains some focus in her tennis career.

Mase
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:31 PM
I think this is going to give her the punch in the ass she obviously needs, so I wouldnt be too surprised to see her go on a roll at some point this season.......

Chance
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Good luck Jen- maybe get a new coach or at least do what Serena's does consult Nick or BJK (or maybe Martina N) on your serving technoque) whenever you can.

Sometimes I wish Venus would do the same.

catkey94
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:24 PM
This might have been the kick in the pants that she needed to get her act together. Maybe now that Jennifer does have any grandslam wins to fall back on, she will start winning more tournanments.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:00 PM
maybe she will dump her pretend coach and get a real serving coach. Too bad for USA but this is great for venus and lindsay and alexa.

ARealVenusFan
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Personally, I don't think JenCap has enough steam to really compete in any tournament this year.

It's nice to keeep hope alive, but unless she enters a Tier II or III tournament with no other big names entered, she will not win anything.

TeeRexx
Jan 15th, 2003, 06:40 AM
:)