PDA

View Full Version : Kaia Kanepi &Suwei Hsieh?

le-plus-beau
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:59 PM
does anyone has news about them???

are they full recovered for their injuries???

when they start to compete???

thanx in advance:D

Crazy Canuck
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:16 AM
No idea, but I'll give it a bump.

Perhaps if this thread was about something more relevant to tennis, like "Is anyone more beautiful than AnnaK" or "Serena wears Fur!", than people would actually pay attention to it.

But who am I kidding, this is wtaworld.

Kuilli
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:43 AM
lol @ Rebecca

Here's some info about Kaia: :)
Kaia is healthy and getting ready for the new season. She spent some time in Emilio Sanchez tennis academy in October and practiced together a bit with Arantxa under Angel Gimenez guidance. She is planning on visiting the academy again sometimes in spring. In November, Kaia played for her Swedish club KLTK, and she won all her matches (5 singles, 5 doubles). In December, Kaia spent a week practicing in Saddlebrook. I'm not sure when and where she is planning to start her 2003 season.

fhkung
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:13 AM
Hsieh had wrist injury, but she is practicing now
she will be back probably around April

MinskLynx
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:22 AM
http://www.kaiakanepi.com/

BasicTennis
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:24 AM
I hope Hsieh would let go of her Monica-style of game (double-handed on both wings)....she's still young to correct this otherwise she will be left out by her peers.:o

lin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:34 AM
Hsieh's injury isn't her main problem, her main problem is her motivation of competing. She is actually a bit immature.

If she wants to come back to the tennis competitions, she will play local events first, and it can not be sure that she will come back in April or anytime.

BK4ever
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:55 AM
Lin...I thought I was the only one who thought Su Wei was immature. I met her at the Open this year and I was shocked at her immaturity given her age. She seemed so innocent, almost as if she had been shielded from everything all her life.

lin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:10 AM
BK4ever, many people now know she is immature because of her behavior after Asian Championship in October. When she was back Taiwan, she seemed didn't want to solve the problems with her father, and she withdrew from Volvo Open. I hope can become mature as soon as possible...

V.Melb
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:01 AM
On the other hand, i found Su-Wei quite mature and calm. Inoccent..... but she really kept her cool on the court and played well..... no childish faces or tantrums. She did however seem controlled by her father very much. I went to get a photo with her and her father demanded she rush over to me to have it taken...
Unfortunantly i don't think Su-Wei enjoys tennis very much although she is immensly talented.

lin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:34 AM
Su-Wei definitely doesn't enjoy playing tennis too much because her father is too strict...As for her performance on court, I don't think she is that mature, she choked so many times... If she can be as mature as Angie's, she might have broken into top 100 as well...

fhkung
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by lin
Su-Wei definitely doesn't enjoy playing tennis too much because her father is too strict...As for her performance on court, I don't think she is that mature, she choked so many times... If she can be as mature as Angie's, she might have broken into top 100 as well...
but what do u expect, she's only like 16.....
and i like her, i hope all the best for her,

lin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:03 PM
I know she's only 16 and wish her all the best as well. But I just want to talk about the truth and my own feeling about her here...

Aloysius
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:44 PM
I hope the father backs off. He will ruin her life if he doesn't. She's not being allowed to mature. I think she chokes in matches because she's constantly worried about what her father might be thinking. Distractions like that can cause a player to choke. Any unhappiness with tennis is probably mostly due to Su-Wei's father.

adlysha babalu
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:51 PM
hope her personal probs can be solved..
sad to hear all this..

Lin do update us if u got any news yeahh...

BK4ever
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:55 PM
Yes I know she is only 16, but she was very immature for 16 and I'm not talking about her oncourt behavior. I like her as well. She is very talented. It would be a shame if she quits the game. She hangs alot with Janet lLee, maybe it will be a good influence for her.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:10 PM
Doesn't Su-Wei's father beat her if she plays poorly? I'd find it hard to enjoy tennis under those circumstances.

Martian KC
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:59 PM
Has Kaia been training with Svetlana?

BK4ever
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:32 PM
I hope so, she needs to get her confidence back. If she can find her game and fire of 2001...only good things will happen. She probably would have been ranked as high as Sveta or even higher.