PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will always be prejudice against gays?

TennisToriTerrificTwosome
Dec 21st, 2002, 01:49 PM
I came out last year and I'm doing great now but at school I'm meeting a lot of gay guys (girls too) that are so insecure and afraid to come out that they think might never come out. They blame it on society being too judgemental. Do you think we'll ever get to a time where being gay isn't a big deal or is it always gonna be this taboo kind of thing?

Car Key Boi
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:04 PM
it won't always be a big deal, to tell the truth it isn't considered a big deal today compared to what it was 30+ years ago

but there will also be homophobia and racism blah, trying to educate society not to do such things, is like trying to stop people from doing drugs

don't worry about it, do what yuo have to do and if any asshole tries to bust yuor balls about yuor sexuality, just flip them the bird

AjdeNate!
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:13 PM
In a word, yes. People (all people, that is) will never be able to accept anything that is foreign or different to them. Uncomfort lends to ignorance and fear which lead to prejudice. I see the trend devaluating as we have more public causes, tv shows, out celebs, etc. It's a shame, but conversative, rich, white, straight males lead our countries (for the most part), and they make policy and form opinions that blind seeking followers live out.

CHOCO
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:32 PM
Yes, as already stated there will always be people hung up on gays and lesbians and racism. However, there is more tolerance than ever before. Through more struggle there will be more acceptance. :)