martinailuv
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by kournikovafan13
omg

how old are these kids? seems like 9

i think more like 11 or 12

bluepastures
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:54 PM
I think it's quite good really. The video also promotes an important message ("Dogs are for life, not just for Xmas"). At least, they're staying fairly faithful to the original.
Some covers have really tortured the original version over the last couple of years. Look at the horrible dance cover of "Like a prayer" by Mad Donna (get it?) or the similar destruction of Bryan Adams' "Heaven".
Even at their age, the kids in S Club juniors have far better voices than anyone to have come out of "Pop Idol/rivals" or "Fame Academy".

martinailuv
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by bluepastures
I think it's quite good really. The video also promotes an important message ("Dogs are for life, not just for Xmas"). At least, they're staying fairly faithful to the original.
Some covers have really tortured the original version over the last couple of years. Look at the horrible dance cover of "Like a prayer" by Mad Donna (get it?) or the similar destruction of Bryan Adams' "Heaven".
Even at their age, the kids in S Club juniors have far better voices than anyone to have come out of "Pop Idol/rivals" or "Fame Academy".

i agree but i actually liked dj sammy and yanou's
version of heaven. who did the original version of puppy love? i think fame academy is better than pop idol/rivals. sinead from fame academy has a recording contract. :)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:19 PM
S Club Juniors, oh dear :o

Pop Rivals/Fame Academy, oh dear :o

;)

Flappie
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:42 PM
WHat is S club junior? :confused::p

bluepastures
Dec 27th, 2002, 07:58 PM
One of the Osmonds did the original version of "Puppy Love". S Club Juniors are a group of 13 - 14 y-os brought together by the same management team that created S Club 7.

Still on a music point, I notice that on U2's new dvd of their music videos since 1990, they have a video for "Stuck in a moment" that's American football based. It's completely different from the one used in the UK. Brilliant DVD BTW.

shirley
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Donny Osmond did the original version of Puppy Love.

martinailuv
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by shirley
Donny Osmond did the original version of Puppy Love.

who's donny osmond? :confused: :o

martinailuv
Apr 19th, 2003, 11:02 AM
bump cos i saw the s club thread :o

Barrie_Dude
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:25 PM
who's donny osmond? :confused: :o
He was my generations version of Britney Spears! :rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:53 PM
They are about 13/14

they have released some good 'pop' songs One step closer and new direction were good Puppy love is not!Plus the boy who sings this voice has broken so he can't sing this live now:rolleyes: