PDA

View Full Version : Do you lie about yourself on the internet or pretend to be someone totally different?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:06 PM
I will admit, I have lied a lot! I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It was because my life was very dull, so I made up stuff. But I haven't done it in a while, because my life definitely has more oomph now, ever since I moved to DC. LOL!

Anyway, I will also say, I like to register on other message boards pretending to be someone totally different, whether I am from another country, or even a man! I don't know why, I get a kick out of it! Some people may think that's distasteful, others may think it's funny, others may think it's just stupid. But, it fascinates me. On the official Liverpool message board, I went by the name Argentina Chick for 6 months, and everyone got to like me and know me as Adriana da Silva Ferreira, and enjoy me as this exotic chick who knew her shit in "a man's world." People would ask me questions about Argentina and Argentine footie... it was very interesting! But I got bored of it, mostly because, 2 weeks after the charade, I really started to despise Liverpool and I couldn't suck up anymore.

King Satan
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Do you know why you lie? cos you don't have another place to express your creativity ;)

Anyways, I don't lie about who I am lol

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:12 PM
LOL! Nice!

No, i'm just me, i don't have the energy to be anyone else lol

King Satan
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:17 PM
btw, now that you mention this Nwando, how do we know Nwando is Nwando??? ;)

irma
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:18 PM
no would cost to much energy!

daniela's necklace
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:20 PM
no I hate to be honest most of the time http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/cwm/cwm/cwm14.gif

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
btw, now that you mention this Nwando, how do we know Nwando is Nwando??? ;)

That's the beautiful thing! You don't! And you never will until you meet me and see my indentifications! LOL! And how do I know you're really Joe, eh!

King Satan
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:26 PM
umm cos I say so lol

Lord Chips
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:58 PM
As you all know I did lie. But then I made a friend who was too good to lose by continuing to lie and came clean. I dont regret that.

King Satan
Dec 20th, 2002, 07:02 PM
But atleast you felt sorry for what you did, some ppl don't.

CC
Dec 20th, 2002, 07:16 PM
I really should because I'm rather boring. However, I have come to realize that my inherent laziness quite often overwhelms my dullness and thus there is little care to overcompensate.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:32 AM
To be honest, I'm actually this really hot football stud, with a 4.0 GPA and parents who are rich as hell.

I just try to make myself sound interesting by pretending to have grown up poor, and being remarkabley average in most faucets of life.

How have I done so far?

DutchieGirl
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:42 AM
lol@becca... you did very well girlie! ;)

and no, I couldn't be bothered to make up stuff!

Mitzi
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:49 AM
No, I'm just being myself

caramel
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:53 AM
I never had a reason to lie... :)

tennisIlove09
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:36 AM
Why lie? Honestly all the way :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Dec 21st, 2002, 12:34 PM
it's pathetic to lie imo......

Car Key Boi
Dec 21st, 2002, 12:46 PM
I admit that i have lied to yuo guys

when i told yuo all that i made Arantxa cry during her Fed Cup match by yelling out to her that i had just finished keying her car in the parking lot, i was lying

i didn't really key her car...

but i will some day

Car Key Boi :cool:

Martian Mel
Dec 21st, 2002, 01:09 PM
lying sucks :-(

TennisToriTerrificTwosome
Dec 21st, 2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
Do you know why you lie? cos you don't have another place to express your creativity ;)

That's why FC's lying. That's why other ppl lie too. If your not gettin a chance to be creative you do it online on boards and in chat. It doesn't mean you wanna hurt ppl because it's not even about that.

Emola
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:46 PM
No,Im completely honest all of the time :angel::)

King Lindsay
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:30 PM
How many threads about this are we going to have?