PDA

View Full Version : In sports history has their been any topic more boring than Anna K?

auntie janie
Dec 20th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Have any player's positive and negative attributes ever been discussed to death more than Anna Kournikova's in the entire history of sports?

Have more articles ever been written saying the exact same thing as hundureds of other articles have already said, without getting chopped by the paper/web site's editor?

in the history of sports, have more photographs of the LOSER ever appeared to accompany articles discussing a match, than appear of Anna K?

YOU decide!

;)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 20th, 2002, 04:41 PM
I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about...

CC
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by janie
Have any player's positive and negative attributes ever been discussed to death more than Anna Kournikova's in the entire history of sports?

Have more articles ever been written saying the exact same thing as hundureds of other articles have already said, without getting chopped by the paper/web site's editor?

in the history of sports, have more photographs of the LOSER ever appeared to accompany articles discussing a match, than appear of Anna K?

YOU decide!

;)

If I were to be harsh, I would say it sometimes seems like much ado about nothing.:)

BK4ever
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:49 PM
hilarious

Mrs. Peel
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Can't believe her influence has gone on this long...shows people's fascination with trivialities...:p

Fortis
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Actually I think the interest is waning if not totally gone.

If she does nothing spectacular this year, the media may just move to thing interesting or hot thing. That's the way life is.

-Sonic-
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:07 PM
you talk about her quite a bit janie tho ;) :) you're the woman in the know!

i wonder if the many many male fans she has actually read the same articles written about her over and over again, or if its the more dedicated tennis fans that are exposed to it. and again. and again. hehe

jrm
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:40 PM
it really makes wanna just turn around and not have anything to do with it

auntie janie
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Sonic, you are probably right, I am sure not everyone outside tennis fandom has seen the 15 or so "exclusive" but identical interviews that journalists cranked out this year! ;)

But I probably read them all, Sonic! :eek: As I do every article or interview I see of a famous player. Too bad I rarely see any about Justine or Lindsay! :):):)

daniela's necklace
Dec 20th, 2002, 10:18 PM
well she's getting more attention now that she's going out with Enrique Iglesias, those two are just a dual publicity act, Anna would've improved more if it wouldn't have gone to her head like that

I hope sweet Danny stays humble too, she just might be one of the next best things soon

auntie janie
Dec 20th, 2002, 10:30 PM
I hope so too, oscar. :)

*JR*
Dec 21st, 2002, 12:48 AM
No.

rioak1
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:28 AM
anna is the best there is never get enough of her.......

harloo
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:50 AM
I think it's sad that Anna gets attention when she can't even win a tournament. All the media do is make fun of her. I always watch the best damn sports show and they are constantly poking jokes about her. Showing angles of her body and laughing and making grotesque moaning sounds. They even claimed to have a preview of her new calendar. For each month they featured Anna losing first round in every slam all in different positions. Degrading.

Anna is a good player. She really needs to destroy the creature that the media has created. She is a beautiful girl, but I think what she is doing now is selling herself short.

juggler
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by janie

YOU decide!

;)

well for someone who is boring, you personally sure talk about her alot. and you are not even a fan.

:rolleyes:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by juggler
well for someone who is boring, you personally sure talk about her alot. and you are not even a fan.

:rolleyes:

How many times have I heard THAT comeback and seen THAT goddamn smilie!

...Anyway, Janie, you got a point! LOL! Anna doesn't deserve us talking about her so much! She does absolutely NOTHING!! It's weird I guess. But I am always hoping so much that she surprises the world! I am not giving up hope, I will never stop defending her game... blah blah blah, I will never stop talking about her, lol

Dawn Marie
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:09 AM
Anna will remain the talk of the tennis town,until another pretty girl takes her place.

Its the way it always will be. When someone new comes along it will wane.

And the cycle will continue.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 21st, 2002, 09:32 AM
It's a shallow world we live in.

Put ANNA on a magazine and people will buy it hoping for some pictures.

Such is life.

starr
Dec 21st, 2002, 12:58 PM
I'd say Janie is facinated with Anna K.

Despite her complaints about Anna K she posts a thread to generate more discussion about her.

Kinda harsh to call Anna a LOSER. I don't think any of the players in the top 100 could be classed as losers. They've been quite successful in their chosen career. How many of us have reaced the top 100 in the WORLD in our own chosen professions? I know I haven't.

auntie janie
Dec 21st, 2002, 01:31 PM
starr, all I meant was that when Anna loses a match, it is still her picture (the loser of the match) and not the photo of the winner which is shown. Read more carefully! I did NOT call her a LOSER in general. I don't resort to name-calling.

Anyway, people, I started this thread just for spome HUMOR, to mimic the thread title " In tennis history has their been any player more beautiful?" Because there have been dozens of threads about Anna's looks so I thought I would poke some gentle fun at that practice. I think some people are reading a lot more into this thread than is really there ...

Crazy Canuck
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:18 AM
Don't worry Janie, your intent was perfectly obvious to some of us at least.

ajayares
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:53 AM
Would never have guessed in a million years that was the purpose of this thread Janie, thankfully you cleared it all up for all of us who didn't realise it.