Big Fat Pink Elephant
Dec 20th, 2002, 01:14 PM
lol :D

Lynx
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:10 PM
rofl :D

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:15 PM
I think it's very xenophobic to support this if you aren't American.

Lynx
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:18 PM
It's very xenophobic to support democracy if you aren't American? :confused:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:23 PM
The ad is AMERICANS for democracy.....not non-Americans for American democracy.

btw - I support the ad....

Lynx
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
The ad is AMERICANS for democracy.....not non-Americans for American democracy.

btw - I support the ad....
Hmm... don't Americans "support" democracy all over the world... to the point of killing democratically chosen presidents (Allende in Chile in the 1970's comes to mind)?
What America decides and what America does influences us all.

But okay - you have a point, so I apologize. :o
Glad you supported the ad. :)

Scotso
Dec 20th, 2002, 10:55 PM
I love it :D

gentenaire
Dec 20th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
I think it's very xenophobic to support this if you aren't American.

who cares? I just think it's funny :D

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 20th, 2002, 11:46 PM
Eggy seems to have somekind of anti American feelings...GO USA..."the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world".

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Dec 21st, 2002, 02:55 AM
Amen

Scotso
Dec 21st, 2002, 03:12 AM
Yes, Eggy is anti-American but this is still funny... don't let him rain on your parade.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 21st, 2002, 03:35 AM
only anti-establishment feelings
but this is pretty funny and BTW i got this from an American friend :p

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 21st, 2002, 04:29 AM
Eggy, it is not just this...All your post regarding Americans and American players are pepperd with anti-American feelings...I know you are a great guy but why do you hate America so much...?

Crazy Canuck
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:13 AM
I don't understand why anyone is getting their panties in a twist over people laughing at this ad :confused:

God forbid that non Americans pay attention to anything American. It isn't like you are making money off the rest of the world by immersing them in American culture, or that American's are always poking themselves in everyone elses business.

Yes, we really should learn to mind our own like the good old Yanks.

King Satan
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:21 AM
Alright, there was a clip of Hendrix at woodstock playing the national anthem *devil horns*

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 21st, 2002, 11:03 PM
SHUT THE HELL UP BECCA...:mad:

Cassius
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:44 AM
SHUT THE HELL UP BECCA...
Why should she?
She's got a very valid point.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:46 AM
The truth hurts Topshotta, doesn't it?

Cassius
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:46 AM
BTW, the 'technical differculties' thing is very funny:D:D:D

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:36 AM
Miss Becca, you are consumed with all things American. What would popular culture be like if Americans were as creative and wonderful as we are? We are the most powerful and richest country in the world and it is eating you people alive...

Crazy Canuck
Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:02 AM
What are you talking about, and how does this adress the points that I made?

Colin B
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:07 AM
I have tried to look at this every way I can but I can't see how anyone could see it as anti-American. Anti-Republican, maybe, anti-Bush, probably.......... but anti-American, no way.

Anyone with intelligence could not see this clip as an affront, even if they disagree with what the inference.

A4
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:57 AM
Is it xenophobic for Americans to think some countries have a backward culture?

Richie77
Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:57 AM
I just viewed it, and I don't see it as anti-American, either.

It does have a valid point...there are a lot of things that the U.S. is doing right now that are very scary, and not at all "American" to me.

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:05 AM
Beccs...my last post was a joke to you. Seriously, I do not agree with most of the policies Bush administration I do think that the world must watch them very closely or things could easily get out of controle. However, I think that a lot of the Euros on this board loves to take shot at America. You all love Europe and the country in which you live and I love my country. There are some problems here but I wonder why every one is breaking their necks to come here...YES, including Canadians....:p

Crazy Canuck
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:10 PM
Please don't generalize.

SOME Canadians are going to the USA yes, for money. Exchange is a wonderful thing for Canadians making American money.

You always like to go on about everyone going to the USA - I know a number of Americans who have came to Canada to attend our schools because "they are just as good, and a hell of a lot cheaper" :)

So it goes both ways.

Oh, and you won't see me there anytime soon :) (not living anyhow - seeing as the USA is the only country we share a land border with I'm sure I will be visiting soon enough).

Experimentee
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:59 PM
I've recently seen The Ring, its late at night, and that tv just scared the shit out of me!