Setsuna.
Feb 4th, 2013, 02:18 PM
54tjEClEub8

Setsuna.
Feb 4th, 2013, 02:20 PM
qOdnPbzmlNU

Hartson
Feb 5th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Mona's way to the title (Torrent files. You must register - use google translation from Russian)
QF - http://rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=66681
SF - http://rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=66775
Final and a reward ceremony - http://rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=66884

Tecumseh
Feb 5th, 2013, 10:54 PM
F0OMeiQoYB0

Tecumseh
Feb 5th, 2013, 10:58 PM
cUtcVDvJYQI

oberschabe
Feb 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Wozniacki vs Barthel in voller Länge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1kuc6wexQ

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:33 PM
n4chYlPFlIw

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:34 PM
0qjOXIVarTo

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:36 PM
VnLGbIzQpvQ

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Iz3KrMUoAQw

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM
MUxx_-uQ22o

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM
uw7MPbAzods

C2QriGantWE

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:39 PM
6qroxVixpwU

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM
For those who want to download her match vs Angie.
http://dfiles.eu/files/efoucfrbt

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Barthel/Mladenovic match.
http://dfiles.eu/files/eabnnwfr8

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Barthel/Bartoli match.
http://dfiles.eu/files/b1jv5pnn7

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:44 PM
WTA.2013.Paris.Final.Barthel.vs.Errani.ts
https://mega.co.nz/#!fc1RDSJb!CuouUQ_WDHwai1bElPfE7Btmk19sf_CGPgOn4O4 mkUs

Tecumseh
Mar 6th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Mona and Robert Orlik during a practice session in Indian Wells:

zvsjPQ04SaY

According to her german report from her website she seems to be quite content with her training in Indian Wells so far.

joy division
Mar 7th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the vid, Tecumseh.
Now the chief in person attends to this matter. ;)
Mona looking good under the Californian sun.

joy division
Mar 7th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Here is a short vid with Robson, that backhand return was... not really good.:lol:

tym1SMeLDFo

It seems that I`ve got it.:cheer:

Well, it was just that one little backhand, we should not curtain it.:lol:

Super Sache, Tecumseh !:wavey:

Tecumseh
Mar 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
That's why i didn't post that video here. :lol: Mona also seemed to be not amused about her bachhand return.

You can embed a video in the following way:

(youtube)insert youtube id(/youtube) and use square brackets instead of round ones. (I used round brackets here in order to avoid the embedding procedure!)

Example: if you like to embed the Barthel vs Robson video you have to insert tym1SMeLDFo in between as the youtube id. You can find the youtube id to the right side of the equal sign in the link of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tym1SMeLDFo

Rex59
Mar 7th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Good to see that she's not wearing that knee patch she sported in Doha.

Schnffy
Mar 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Indian Wells 2013

Interview after 3rd round win against Ivanovic (http://www.tennistv.com/video/clip/2171740)

oberschabe
Mar 12th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Barthel - Ivanovic (Full Match):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxPkJnnJyfY

HowardH
Mar 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks for giving the link oberschabe. Here it is embedded, 720p.

uxPkJnnJyfY

HowardH
Mar 24th, 2013, 02:32 PM
AaUyXKt5h1s

Thanks to fantic

Setsuna.
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:12 PM
WJZp3FItbeI

Setsuna.
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:17 PM
UgWcsXNDYoo

I could watch this forever. :drool:

joy division
Mar 27th, 2013, 08:40 PM

What an elegant rocket backhand.:worship:
I`ve also been missing that.

Tecumseh
Mar 28th, 2013, 06:53 AM

The best thing is her cool reaction afterwards, :cool: as if nothing had happened. Maybe it was just a normal shot from Mona's point of view.

Tecumseh
Mar 28th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Mona vs Kiki Bertens

cRqWRXgGtkY

Thanks to fantic7.

King Halep
Mar 28th, 2013, 10:58 AM
3:40 and 3:50 she hits two backhand winners :drool:

joy division
Mar 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Fantic is doing a fantastic job. Thanks to Tecumseh.
Mona can still work a lot on her forehand.;)
She really does not like to step on the lines (2:48) and the net point at 5:01 is very nice.

Tecumseh
Mar 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
By watching pieces of her last matches i think that Mona should use her big first serve more often again. At the moment she is going too much for a high first serve percentage in my opinion.

joy division
Mar 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
By watching pieces of her last matches i think that Mona should use her big first serve more often again. At the moment she is going too much for a high first serve percentage in my opinion.

Not so easy to say. Bringing on the big serve here and there might me good in the sense of variation but that`s also a question of confidence and ability of choosing the right moment for it.

At the start of the last year Mona was serving with more pace and risk but she also produced a lot more double faults then.
I think she is first of all looking to stabilize and level up her game overall after her experience in the second half of the last year where she seemed to have completely lost her game.

Her forehand in that concern imo is much more a source of error than her serve.
Mona is still too limited and vulnerable on that side, can hardly play a decent top spin and is more pushing and slicing it most of the time. She definitely has to work on it.

Tecumseh
Mar 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Not so easy to say. Bringing on the big serve here and there might me good in the sense of variation but that`s also a question of confidence and ability of choosing the right moment for it.

At the start of the last year Mona was serving with more pace and risk but she also produced a lot more double faults then.
I think she is first of all looking to stabilize and level up her game overall after her experience in the second half of the last year where she seemed to have completely lost her game.

Her forehand in that concern imo is much more a source of error than her serve.
Mona is still too limited and vulnerable on that side, can hardly play a decent top spin and is more pushing and slicing it most of the time. She definitely has to work on it.

I think Mona improved her forehand in comparison to last season but it's still a weakness when she gets under pressure. When she has time enough to get into a good position she is able to produce similar cracking winners with her forehand as with her backhand.

Forehand topspin will always be a problem for her with her kind of technique as she rather is a natural full arm swinger with low wrist acceleration.

With regard to her first serve i think she should find a good mix between last season and now. Her big first serve is too much of a weapon and she will definately need it against the very top players. But you are of course right by saying that Mona probably tries to avoid making DFs like at the end of last season. Maybe she has choosen to go for more safety for some time before taking more risks again.

Setsuna.
Mar 29th, 2013, 12:19 AM
What an elegant rocket backhand.:worship:
I`ve also been missing that.

It's even more enjoyable to watch than Fed's FH. :smoke:

The best thing is her cool reaction afterwards, :cool: as if nothing had happened. Maybe it was just a normal shot from Mona's point of view.

So true. :lol:

Setsuna.
Mar 29th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I will try to make a new video of her soon.

CillyUltra
Mar 30th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Mona / Sabine practice ;)

rAeiNMUQtp4

popinjay
Mar 30th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Mona / Sabine practice ;)

rAeiNMUQtp4

Thx

Schnffy
Apr 3rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
IcVtQonHJdw

King Halep
Apr 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mona makes Pegula look a million..i mean a billion dollars

The meltdown was not as messy as i had been led to believe but still Hannelore is a star. Mona is hella cute when she is upset. So Serious and Aggressive :hearts:

pLKL_7EePM0

Setsuna.
Apr 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
She needs a hug. :awww:

Tecumseh
Apr 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Mona vs Sam Stosur at Indian Wells (thanks to fantic7):

O1t-GzI3ktQ

I think you can see that in this match Mona's form started getting worse.

HowardH
Apr 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Some pretty poor shots in that match with Sam, I agree Tecumseh.

Mona makes Pegula look a million..i mean a billion dollars

The meltdown was not as messy as i had been led to believe but still Hannelore is a star. Mona is hella cute when she is upset. So Serious and Aggressive :hearts:

pLKL_7EePM0

Yes she is :hearts:. So I finally get to see the changeover people were talking about.

In conjunction with Tecumseh's translation I can get a feel for the conversation. I wonder if it's too much to ask someone to post the conversation typed in the original German for me to see?

Here is a translation of the conversation between Mona (M) and Hannelore (H) after the first set against Pegula:

H: Make sure that you always get into a good position and use your knees!

M: That’s what I am trying to do all the time. It is about my head!

H: Do always strike with your favorite speed only. That’s the most important thing, that you strike with your favorite speed. Don’t hesitate! The problems always arise when you are hesitating. Just act according to your instinct!

M: It (the instinct) has gone, it has gone, it has all gone. How is it possible to always play that badly? How can you lose your whole game and play only shit? I nearly can’t get a ball into the court.

H: She really plays fairly surprisingly (unpredictable).

M: What is so surprising about it (her game)? It is just normal what she is playing. But if I am not able to keep the ball in play it is going to become difficult. I am pushing every ball with only 4 kmh onto the service line and am returning her serve into the middle of the court.

H: Play with your favorite speed! The tactic that you have chosen is exactly right.

M: Yes, exactly right! Nothing is right!

H: Hm, okay!? Then strike the balls sometimes higher and sometimes flatter. Everything is alright!

M: It doesn’t work! I don’t know what to do!

H: You have to do what you have done before but make sure that you get into a good position and then strike the balls like you want to.

The underlying emotion of the conversation seems to be "you just don't get it, why don't you get it?" While there are some nice ideas in what her mother says (I like the concept of "hitting with your favourite speed" in order, I presume, to increase consistency) Mona feels like her mother doesn't understand what she is going through on the court. It's actually a very typical parent/child argument to be honest, except it normally isn't broadcast on tv.

By the way, at 4-1 Michael Joyce (Pegula's coach) didn't say that Mona wasn't trying, he said she would be "hit and miss, act like she's not trying".

I haven't watched all of it but it seems that, aside from her own problems, Pegula's forehand and serve were creating issues for Mona. Especially Pegula's forehand return off Mona's second serve. She made Mona pay for that second serve which lands in the middle of the box a few times.

At the end of the match the commentator says "Barthel has lost this match", which is appropriate I guess.

Mona went into a mode where she was trying to take frustration out on the ball. The thing about tennis is that you can't try to hit a ball in a way that feels satisfying. Maybe you can't take your frustration out on a couple of points that don't matter, but then you have to start playing serious tennis again. It's not that she wasn't trying to win anymore (well, apart from the last few points), but she wanted to hit balls that made her feel better, like when you slam a door in frustration or punch a wall. Her accuracy was affected by being tinged with emotion.

Looking at the game at 5-3 in the first set, she was up 30-0, it really looked like she would take that set.

Tecumseh
Apr 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Some pretty poor shots in that match with Sam, I agree Tecumseh.

Yes she is :hearts:. So I finally get to see the changeover people were talking about.

In conjunction with Tecumseh's translation I can get a feel for the conversation. I wonder if it's too much to ask someone to post the conversation typed in the original German for me to see?

No, it is not too much. You will find the (nearly) original german conversation respectively below the english translation and printed in cursive characters. I have additionally added some parts of the conversation that I missed during the last translation. These parts are printed in bold.

pLKL_7EePM0

H: Make sure that you always get into a good position and use your knees!

Achte darauf, dass du immer gut zum Ball stehst und dass du deine Knie benutzt!

M: That’s what I am trying to do all the time, that’s what I am trying to do all the time. It is about my head!

Ich versuche nicht anderes, ich versuche nichts anderes, es liegt an meinem Kopf.

H: Do always strike with your favorite speed only! That’s very important, the most important thing is that you strike with your favorite speed. Don’t hesitate! The problems always arise when you are hesitating. Just act according to your instinct!

Und du schlägst mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit zu! Das ist ganz wichtig, das Allerwichtigste ist, dass du einfach mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit zuschlägst. Nicht zögern! Probleme ergeben sich doch immer nur, wenn du zögerst. Tue einfach das, was dein Instinkt dir sagt.

M: It (the instinct) has gone, it has gone, it has all gone. How is it possible to always play that badly? How can you lose your whole game and play only shit? I nearly can’t get a ball into the court.

Der ist weg, der ist weg, der ist ganz weg. Wie kann man überhaupt so schlecht immer spielen? Wie kann man sein ganzes Spiel verlieren und nur scheiße spielen? Es ist ja nicht mal annähernd, dass ich irgendeinen Ball ins Feld spielen kann.

H: She really plays fairly surprisingly (unpredictable). With regard to her you have to take care…

Sie spielt ja auch recht überraschend. Nun muss man bei ihr aufpassen…

M: What is so surprising about it (her game)? Nothing! It is just normal what she is playing. But if I am not able to keep the ball in play it is going to become difficult. I am pushing every ball with only 4 kmh onto the service line and am returning her serve into the middle of the court.

Was ist daran überraschend? Nichts! Das ist normal, was sie spielt. Ich meine aber, wenn man keinen Ball ins Feld spielen kann, dann wird es schwierig. Ich meine, ich ömmel ihr jeden Ball auf die T-Linie mit 4 kmh und spiele ihren Aufschlag in die Mitte des Feldes zurück.

H: Play with your favorite speed! And then they (your shots) won’t go out of play. The tactic that you have chosen is exactly right.

Spiel mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit! Und dann gehen sie auch nicht ins Aus. Die Taktik, die du gewählt hast, die ist genau richtig.

M: Exactly right! It is surely not right!

Genau richtig! Das ist sicher nicht richtig!

H: You merely have to play with your favorite speed. Hm, okay!? Then (strike the balls) sometimes higher and sometimes flatter. Everything is alright!

Bloß du musst eben die Bälle mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit spielen. Hm, okay!? Und dann mal höher, mal flacher, das ist alles genau richtig.

M: It doesn’t work! I don’t know what to do!

Es funktioniert nicht! Ich weiß nicht, was ich tun soll!

H: You have to do what you have done before but make sure that you get into a good position and then strike the balls like you want to, like your inner self wants to.

Genau das, was du bis jetzt getan hast. Du konzentrierst dich aufs Ranlaufen und dann schlägst du aber zu, wie du möchtest, wie dein Inneres will.

deliverance.
Apr 9th, 2013, 03:38 PM
It is really sad, she knows nothing about tennis. Mona is coach for herself. :o

Schnffy
Apr 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Photo shooting for a charity campaign for children from Nepal. The DTB and the FC team took over a godparenthood for a 2 year old girl.

http://www.ran.de/de/videos/tennis/ankuendigung-fed-cup-deutschland-vs-serbien-2249790.html

Schnffy
Apr 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Mona and the German team in good mood before the fed cup tie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLPEqDDUbs

Laechler
Apr 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
eef4qi1fbXk

eZi-6hgrq98

Check out my other videos of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2013: www.youtube.com/laechlervic

KatjaS
Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
WTA All Access Hour

v7CbD0ltXWs

Starts at about 4:30.

Schnffy
Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
mona's jeans :eek: never saw her so stylish :smoke:

tennisfreak13
Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Fashion Queen Mona :)

Laechler
Apr 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM
FyfTaJ9g-Qs

Check out my other videos of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2013: www.youtube.com/laechlervic

HowardH
Apr 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Laechler, your vids are great, really give a feel of what it's like to be there live.

Full match vs Lucie Safarova. Much thanks to the uploader.

DSirsth1620

ShiftyFella
Apr 26th, 2013, 10:50 PM
NCwmPOMmayU
I'm feeling generous today

Schnffy
Apr 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM
:worship: :worship: :cheer: :cheer: :worship: :worship:

SrXnS8zSbho

:cheer: :hearts: :cheer: :hearts: :cheer: :hearts: :cheer:

ShiftyFella
Jun 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM
TnxjRnLpXrk

CillyUltra
Jun 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
99 Sekunden mit... Mona Barthel (http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-tennis.jsp?bctid=2503808518001)

Tecumseh
Jun 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Here are two interviews in german with Mona which were respectively conducted after her matches at Wimbledon:

Mona Interview R1 (http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-tennis.jsp?bctid=2505777228001)

This interview was conducted after the Niculescu match. Mona is saying here that it was difficult for her to cope with the exceptional game style of Niculescu and that she is happy that she could save 3 MPs in order to win in the end. She is also talking about her better feel for the grass and that she is looking optimistically towards the match against Keys.

Mona Interview R2 (http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-tennis.jsp?bctid=2511988422001)

After the Keys match Mona points out that the service was the difference and that Madison played a very good match. She believes that her own game should normally be well-suited to the grass. She just needs more experience, she says.

She is also talking about the chances of Sabine and Angelique here.

joy division
Jul 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM
Here are two interviews in german with Mona which were respectively conducted after her matches at Wimbledon:

Mona Interview R1 (http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-tennis.jsp?bctid=2505777228001)

This interview was conducted after the Niculescu match. Mona is saying here that it was difficult for her to cope with the exceptional game style of Niculescu and that she is happy that she could save 3 MPs in order to win in the end. She is also talking about her better feel for the grass and that she is looking optimistically towards the match against Keys.

Mona Interview R2 (http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-tennis.jsp?bctid=2511988422001)

After the Keys match Mona points out that the service was the difference and that Madison played a very good match. She believes that her own game should normally be well-suited to the grass. She just needs more experience, she says.

She is also talking about the chances of Sabine and Angelique here.

Thanks for posting it, Heiko. I still can`t good rep you.:(:D

Like always Mona is a little indifferent in her interviews after matches.
Imo against Keys it was not just the missing experience on grass but mainly her missing attitude in deciding parts of the match.
I don`t know whether she wants to keep it for herself or whether she simply does not notice it.

ShiftyFella
Aug 5th, 2013, 10:37 PM
bKMEe1JJi7c

btw, anyone who subscribed to old channel should move to new one, old one is gone:sad:

Michael!
Sep 22nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
7BVbgupsxTI
ioQhTULNxS0

Setsuna.
Dec 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Made highlights of her match vs Kristina in Paris. Enjoy.

VICeesdooKY

Hartson
Dec 22nd, 2013, 08:32 AM
Nostalgia :rolleyes: That backhand

Setsuna.
Dec 22nd, 2013, 08:37 AM
:lol:

Tecumseh
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:50 PM
watch?v=fXmgyQUMC3s

Hartson
Jan 14th, 2014, 02:59 PM
What a quality :eek:

HowardH
Mar 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks to the uploader. Third set vs Schiavone, IW 2014, HD

9FtALQ_DQZ8

dos Santos
Apr 9th, 2014, 11:14 AM
EKV2VZa5jsk

Laechler
Apr 22nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
Here's a video of Mona I made yesterday in the quali final:

7hRc3XwqrHM

For more videos of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix check out www.youtube.com/laechlervic

Grininel
May 22nd, 2014, 12:46 AM
Upgraded Mona Barthel 3.0

----------------------

removed :p

Setsuna.
May 22nd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Thanks.

HowardH
Jun 12th, 2014, 02:53 PM
f79_9WoFw9g

EHSfwfkPljA

full match vs Ana
y9n_7kIF_a4

Harry.
Jun 13th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Ana Ivanovic vs. Mona Barthel 2014 Birmingham 2R Highlights

nMEbhWQppwg

joy division
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:41 PM
An interview after her first round match against Oprandi at Wimbledon 2014

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/videos-tennis.jsp?bctid=3637796278001

And a little summary in English :

Mona tells that she had a lot of fun today on the court.
In the beginning she was pretty nervous. Playing at such a big tournament at Wimbledon of course is always very exciting. Later on she got more relaxed. Having not lost any game after 5-5 in the first set Mona after all is quite happy with her match.
Her new coach gave her some useful advice, so now she`s feeling more comfortable on grass this year.
On the Kvitova match - Kvitova of course is a great player on this surface.
Mona wants to concentrate on her own game, be aggressive and make her move on the court. If she can do so she thinks she has a pretty good chance to take this.

tennisfreak13
Jul 8th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Some Schüttler/Waske training impression (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=835643906460450&set=vb.132866406738207&type=2&theater). Looks like she has fun.

HowardH
Jul 20th, 2014, 04:13 PM
lGh_nNrYNQA

Interview after final win in Bastad over Chanelle Scheepers

HowardH
Jul 21st, 2014, 05:34 AM
1t1NkcCILiI

Mona vs Chanelle, Bastad final 2014
Thanks to the uploader

dos Santos
Jul 21st, 2014, 07:12 AM
c7RgSyt6B5Q

Tecumseh
Jul 28th, 2014, 06:46 PM
k8GwZ7yz_CA

~Poseidon~
Aug 21st, 2014, 08:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abb0LrdfBEY

So she prepared indoors for NY? Not surprised, she got problems on the slow courts in Cinci then.

Tecumseh
Aug 21st, 2014, 10:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abb0LrdfBEY

So she prepared indoors for NY? Not surprised, she got problems on the slow courts in Cinci then.

Maybe this was not the perfect preparation but perhaps it was raining at that day. :shrug:

Anyway, it's good to see her working hard. :)

I believe in Mona. :)

Grininel
Sep 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM
wE7AQ8lv7wo

I want her to play more doubles with Minella.
Such an interesting pair and a little better teamwork could have made a difference in the final.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Doubles Final
http://tvcast.naver.com/isportstv/clips/recent?page=1

Tecumseh
Sep 21st, 2014, 12:48 PM
^ There is a good chemistry between Mandy and Mona. It's obvious that they get on very well together.

popinjay
Sep 22nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
_cZ38zI0uwc