PDA

View Full Version : Movie character that gave you nightmares

jrm
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:42 AM
The one that comes to my mind is character from very successful serie from the begining of the 90' Twin Peaks. He is name was Bob. I clearly remember it was 1990 (when the war started in former Yugoslavia) and Twin Peaks was just broadcasted on national televison. I won't forget the time when one of the characters Maddie (she was Laura Palmer's cousin played by the same actress) was killed by Laura's father Lealand whos spirit was taken over by BOB. When Lealand killed Maddie he went to the mirror and i just knew Bob's reflection would appear and i didn't look away. Same thing happend in the last episode when agent Cooper is brushing his teeth and Bob's reflection showed in the mirror. Just writting down gives me the creeps. You must remember i was only 7 years old then and i was watching it alone.

Other character that comes to my mind is that clown IT based on a Stephen King's novel.

toreador
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:49 AM
that's easy...freddy krueger...i still have nightmares whenever i see one of his movies!!!

Pureracket
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:17 AM
The little girl, Samara, from the movie "The Ring" has me turning the television off at night.

*7 days*

BigB0882
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Ok, they did this remake of "The Wizard of Oz." I think it was called "Return to Oz" and it had a very young Faruza Balk as the main girl. The characters in that movie gave me such nightmares!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:35 AM
i don't have nightmares... well, when I rarely rarely do, they're not inspired by a movie I had watched

Kiwi_Boy
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:45 AM
when i was little,the two maneating devil lions from the movie "ghosts in the darkness"-based on a true story,its a good movie.

maya
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:12 AM
ET (the alien). I got sick when watching it on screen. We watched it in school (they took a whole class to a cinema) and I had to leave. I couldn't sleep right for a week.

irma
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:28 AM
I loved Bob;)

I got nightmares from bassie and gargamel (well that when I was little)

Mitch01
Dec 20th, 2002, 09:44 AM
The spiders from arachnophobia :o they really traumatized me when I first saw that film, I was young and impressionable I guess! hehe

gmt
Dec 20th, 2002, 10:15 AM
The two impressive dwarves at the graveyard in The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. I was a kid, I was shocked, and when I tried to use the usual parental line and asked my mother "it's only in movies, isn't it" and she replied "no, no, there are dwarves like that in real life", I spent two weeks waking up at night and shivering. Needless to say, I have met many dwarves since then and none of them has ever scared me, some of them were most remarkable people indeed (including a composer).

Princess Fiona
Dec 20th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Mitch01
The spiders from arachnophobia :o they really traumatized me when I first saw that film, I was young and impressionable I guess! hehe

Oh, I was also traumatised!! :eek: Funny things issss, I was ok when I saw the film at the cinema but then I saw it on TV and I was a wreck at the end of it - I had to rinse the bath out a few times before stepping in it and I had to check under the sheets as well... ugghhhh!! :o ;)

Aloysius
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Eminem in "8 Mile." Scary.

Barrie_Dude
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:15 PM
"The Bradys" from the Brady Bunch movies.:eek: :eek: :eek:

TatiAnnahølic
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Reagan(The exorcist) and Freddy Krueger :eek:

timmbo
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:45 PM
either Linda Blair in The Exorcist or the shark in jaws. Both still scare me