PDA

View Full Version : The Two Towers

Philbo
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:50 PM
I was lucky enough to go to the syndey premiere last night of the Two towers and OH MY GOD....

It is the best movie Ive seen in my entire life.

I was shaking when it finished!!! Its just sooooooooo mind blowingly EPIC and MAGIC...

From the opening sequence it jsut has you entranced...

Its funnier than the first one... Its just a BRILLIANT BRILLIANT movie!!!!

Hurricane Lily
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:53 PM
I cant' wait to see it! :bounce: hopefully I can go this weekend!

Oizo
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:59 PM
It is a MASTERPIECE and the first scene impressed me soooooooooooooo much! AWESOME!AWESOME! I have no words.

harloo
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:04 PM
well I fell asleep on the first one, and when I bought it on the dvd I fell asleep again. The first one is boring IMO. It just seems so fake. I think I will wait until this second one comes on video and make it a blockbuster night.

Josh
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:06 PM
Too bad we have to wait another year for the final :sad:

Oizo
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:06 PM
:rolleyes:

Mercury Rising
Dec 31st, 2002, 08:20 PM
I just saw it, great movie, better than the first one!

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:47 PM
I felt that way after the first one!!! I like those sort of movies for sure!!!!!!!

Dawn Marie
Dec 31st, 2002, 10:10 PM
I liked the first one, and everyone says the second one is great! can't wait!

I do have the TWO TOWERS game on Playstation 2 and it is awsome!!!:):)

mala18
Jan 1st, 2003, 01:44 AM
i went to see it at IMAX it was sooooooo awesome,the best movie ever!! And it is 1000 times better than the first one!!:bounce: :bounce:

disposablehero
Jan 1st, 2003, 08:28 AM
Legolas does NOT skateboard.

Jeff
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:19 AM
I saw the movie today. It was much better than the first one, but not my favorite movie. I don't know, I just think they should consider cutting down some on the minutes, because in both movies it was hard to concentrate throughout the entire movie. Some movies can get away with it, but with these it's like there's no reason.

Mazza
Jan 1st, 2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by disposablehero
That was the highlight of the whole movie! :o :o

fresh2flash
Jan 1st, 2003, 06:07 PM

Who told you that?

disposablehero
Jan 1st, 2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by fresh2flash
Who told you that?

JRR Tolkien

Monica_Rules
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:12 PM
Oh god even though its a good film please read the book and see how much they have changed it its ridiculas there were 2 more important bits still to go.They better be in return of the king!

Martian KC
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:23 PM
YEP, so it 3 times already! Fantastic movie!

Gollum rules!

fresh2flash
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:48 PM
JRR Tolkien

Please give me a quote from Tolkien saying that Legolas didn`t do this.

fresh2flash
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by KC
Fantastic movie!

Yeah, much better than the 1st part (and meaning FOTR was also very very good :)).

Fingon
Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:05 AM
Please give me a quote from Tolkien saying that Legolas didn`t do this.

I can't quote Tolkien saying that Galadriel wan't a lesbian, that doesn't mean that she was

cynicole
Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Fingon
I can't quote Tolkien saying that Galadriel wan't a lesbian, that doesn't mean that she was

Well, she did have that consort guy, didn't she?

That usually implies something, doesn't it? So wouldn't that mean that she wasn't exactly a lesbian but perhaps heterosexual or bisexual?

Of course, that is if sex did exist in Middle Earth.

lurker
Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:57 AM
Consort?;) Celeborn is actually the ruler of (Loth)lorien! However, it is even implied in the book that Galadriel is the REAL ruler and is in fact wiser than him.

As for the movie...the three hours went by TOO FAST!!! I was glued to the screen the whole time, comparing it with the book and of course watching for every frame with Legolas and Aragorn in it:hearts: !! (By the way, skidding down the stairs on a orc-shield certainly looked unbelievable, but not as much as the mounting the horse maneuver...that had CG written all over it.)

While I thought Jackson did a good job with the first book in keeping to the story, this one had a few unforgiveable changes. I knew this from the previews...since when was Eowyn ever at Helm's Deep? Or the elves from Lorien? (who, incidentally, implied they came from Rivendell(Imladris) at the behest of Elrond.) And to kill off poor Haldir who wasn't even supposed to be there...I can't forgive them for this. And Eomer was supposed to be there the whole time...Gandalf had ridden off partly to regather Erkenbrand and his troops who came in on foot from the North to cut off the Orcs escape when Theoden rang the horn and stormed out of Helm's Deep in the morning. And where was the Fangorn forest?? I thought FOR SURE they would be able to use all their computer expertise to show this part of the story, where the Ents cut off the escape to the West and the Orcs disappear in the forest or perish in the ravine. And what was the deal about Aragorn going off the cliff after they are attacked by Wargs en route to Helm's Deep? The Warg attack was actually supposed to occur in the first book, in quite a different way.

Anyway, I still think it was very good overall.:)

england_rules
Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Monica_Rules
Oh god even though its a good film please read the book and see how much they have changed it its ridiculas there were 2 more important bits still to go.They better be in return of the king!
If you're talking about Shelob, I've got a feeling that's where Gollum's taking them!

fresh2flash
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Fingon
I can't quote Tolkien saying that Galadriel wan't a lesbian

And where did you find that statement in the Jackson`s film? We are discussing it, n`est pas?

fresh2flash
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:57 AM
I think it`s a joke, but who knows :)

http://www.theofficersclub.com/rotkpo/

Chris
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:00 AM
I am going to see it tonight.Looking really forward to it.:D

Mercury Rising
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:36 PM
I read the book, but I don't care about the changes. The first one I had many things I was bothered with, but I didn't have that with this one.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:24 PM
i just saw two towers today!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWW! :D much better than the 1st one, and that one was good too! ;) I was shaking and all excited throughout the whole movie!

Legolas :hearts:
Aragorn :hearts:
Arwen + Aragorn :hearts: :kiss:

disposablehero
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:38 PM
Ok, here's the problem with the skateboarding/comic relief/big romantic production:

That is not at all the mood of the books. Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Merry, Pippin, Elrond, Galadriel, Celeborn, Arwen, Theoden, Eomer, Eowyn, Faramir, Treebeard, Gloin, Dain, Brand, Bilbo, and Barliman Butterbur are all well and truly fucked. IF they can survive impossible battle after impossible battle, they will get the very distinct honor of being swept aside like dust and suffering either bloody destruction or soulless enslavement.

Unless:

2 house-bred hobbits walk right past the Barad-Dur, close enough for Sauron to spit over the railing at them, led by a lying murderous monster, past a few tens of thousands of Orcs and whatever else, up the side of a live volcano, to drop a mind-controlling ring that none can bear to part with into the core of it. Basically, an impossible fools errand.

The tone of these books is far graver than the movies have reflected so far.

fresh2flash
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:44 PM
well and truly fucked.

No, they are not.

disposablehero
Jan 4th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Did you read the books?

Crazy Canuck
Jan 4th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Well it does end happily ever after eventually ;)

Crazy Canuck
Jan 4th, 2003, 01:43 AM
And I do beleive that the movie made mention of the fact that their fate lies in the hands of two hobbits - Gandalf said almost something exactly like that.

Perhaps it wasn't mentioned every 5 seconds, but it was indeed mentioned, at the end...

disposablehero
Jan 4th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Mentioning it and then having Eomer break into freestyle rap pretty much nullifies the mood mentioning it was supposed to create, right?

Lynx
Jan 4th, 2003, 01:59 AM
Legolas does NOT skateboard. OMG !!! I was going to see this movie, but now I'm hesitating. They're actually letting Legolas SKATEBOARD ???
RI - DI - CU - LOUS ! :eek:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:01 AM
He doesn't literally skateboard.

He takes a board of some sort of coasts down the stairs while shooting arrows.

To the average movie goer who hasn't read the books (or doesn't kill themself over the fact that *gasp* they have altered them) it was a cute scene.

I was indifferent and just sort of smirked at it.

Anyhow, not seeing the movie based on him taking a plank down some stairs would be a bad idea, IMO.

Lynx
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:01 AM
:eek: Eomer breaks in freestyle rap ? :eek:
DH, you can not be serious. Tell me it's not true...

Lynx
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca
.../... Anyhow, not seeing the movie based on him taking a plank down some stairs would be a bad idea, IMO. Problem is, I ALWAYS gasp when moviemakers are too free with great books; I loved the books and I don't want skateboards and rap. :(
I understand what you're saying, Rebecca, but the books certainly didn't need this kind of not-essential modernizing.

Well, I'm probably going to see it anyway - just to be able to gasp! :p :)

disposablehero
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:03 AM
No, Lynx, that was hyperbole. Eomer does not break into freestyle rap. However, when Legolas sets his shield down and rides it down a staircase of at least 50 steps, nobody in the audience is thinking anything but skateboard.

england_rules
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Lynx
OMG !!! I was going to see this movie, but now I'm hesitating. They're actually letting Legolas SKATEBOARD ???
RI - DI - CU - LOUS ! :eek:
It's actually a shield he uses to roll down the stairs in the battle of Helm's Deep to shoot his arrows at the orcs! Got it?

fresh2flash
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Did you read the books?

Yes, I`ve read the books including The Silmarillion, The Book of Lost Tales and The Book of Unfinished Tales. And I`m saying that nobody could make the better film. The Two Towers do not have weak points.

Mercury Rising
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Yes, I`ve read the books including The Silmarillion, The Book of Lost Tales and The Book of Unfinished Tales. And I`m saying that nobody could make the better film. The Two Towers do not have weak points.
Yes, you understand it. Btw, it's book, not books.
DH, if you don't like the movie cause of the book, don't watch it, you still have the book don't you? The movie is still a movie, and a damn good one. The wargs should be wolves, in my imagination they are, but it's not that bad.