PDA

View Full Version : Creed- Will anyone else admit to liking this group?

Sridevi
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:03 PM
I'm a closet Creed fan I guess. People rag on this group so much that I feel like there is something wrong with me for liking them. It's weird because I used to not like them but after the events of 9-11 I suddenly found their music to be very appropriate. There are so many negative songs out-- why do people hate on groups that try to be uplifting?

The lead singer has a great voice plus their songs have a nice melody. There are so many acts out there that can't sing or play instruments. Why do people always criticise Creed? Apparently most of their fans are in the closet because their album is the number 2 album in the US in sales this year behind Eminien but you can't find anyone who will admit liking them. What's up with that?

per4ever
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:04 PM
With Arms Wide Open :D

I love that song :D

Beat
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:06 PM
NO!

Sridevi
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Wow 1 more person out of the closet;)

I read that Scott Stapp wrote "Arms wide open" for his baby when he was born.

I love "One last Breath"- such a beautiful song.

Keith
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:15 PM
I would if I could....although I did see Sheryl Crow play one of their songs on accordian and that amused me!

Cersei
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:26 PM
i just don't like them :s

CC
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Too melodramatic; especially their videos.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:34 PM
I have seen them in concert. I have posters and mags of them. I have all their CDs and can tell you anything about them. And I will defend them 'til the end. I am not a closet fan. I am an open fanatic. People literally made fun of me everyday in school for liking them and wearing Creed t-shirts. But I didn't care. People REALLY made fun of me and tormented me! I think music is stupid reason to make fun of people, but I took it like a man! I love Creed

Sridevi
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:39 PM
I have seen them in concert. I have posters and mags of them. I have all their CDs and can tell you anything about them. And I will defend them 'til the end. I am not a closet fan. I am an open fanatic. People literally made fun of me everyday in school for liking them and wearing Creed t-shirts. But I didn't care. People REALLY made fun of me and tormented me! I think music is stupid reason to make fun of people, but I took it like a man! I love Creed

I agree, it's stupid to make fun of someone because of their music tastes.

Federer-chick. Do you recommend the "Weathered" Cd? I have never bought a Creed Cd but was thinking about getting Weathered because so far I like the 3 songs they released -- "My Sacrifice", "One last Breath" and "Don't stop dancing."
Are there any other good songs on it? I hate to buy a cd where the only good songs are the 2 or 3 commercial releases.

Hurricane Lily
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:51 PM
I LOVE THEM!!! One Last Breath my favorite!

"Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge
and i'm thinking
maybe six feet aint so far down"

jrm
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:59 PM
love them