PDA

View Full Version : US Music Charts For Week Ending 12/28/02

lizchris
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Shania Twain will still have the number one album in the country, plus the Dixie Chicks will move from number 9 to number 2 :eek: . The late Aaliyah will debut at number three with the first of at leat three posthumous releases. Time McGraw, another country artist, will fall to number four and the soundtrack to 8 Mile will be at number five. The most surprising news is that Whitney Houston's new album, which was not supposed to chart in the top ten, will debut at number nine. That is good news, even though J-No is one spot ahead of her at number eight.

King Lindsay
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:11 AM
Are you sure you don't have the wrong week? The week ending 12/27/02 has yet to start, so how could there even be any sales data available?

Janet
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Whitney new Cd is good I don't know why they think it's a surprise!! the girl is a very hard knock singer waaaaaaaaaaaay better singer then #8 spot (let me spell it out J-LO) she needs rapper to help her sell her music and needs to show off her skin to also sell music just llike most of the female artist out thier they need to sell their body's (But Whitney has talent and that's what makes her different from the pack)..........To all the young people out their trying to get in this business, bring all your talent not just your body................when you can not sing live (that's a very shameful and disgraceful to human kind)........Because their is a lot of artist can not SING LIVE.............they are too busy dancing...their is a list and if you guy's don't see that will I guess you too do not know talent when you hear one & see one!!!!

King Lindsay
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:11 AM
blah blah blah.

anyway, let's talk about mariah. Her second week on the charts, he album plummeted to #14, lost about 40% of her sales from her opening week, and was one of only 3 records in the top 50 to actually sell fewer opies than the week before. It's over.

Beat
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Janet
Whitney new Cd is good I don't know why they think it's a surprise!!

because it flopped BIG time everywhere else.

lizchris
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by King Lindsay

Are you sure you don't have the wrong week? The week ending 12/27/02 has yet to start, so how could there even be any sales data available?

I have the right week. If you go to http://www.billboard.com later today and look at the charts, you will see that the week ending date will be.. actually you are right; I have to change the date to w/e 12/28/02.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:42 PM
yeah, let's talk about mariah!!!!! :D :bounce:

go mariahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

Harju.
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:42 PM
lol..

great news to hear that shania is still on the top spot.. -- buy this cd.. it's great :cool:
dixie on 2nd :eek: Go Girls!! and Aaliyah on 3rd :eek: May she rest in piece! Congrats to them..

Mariah on 14th :sad: :eek: sad to hear this.. her new cd is way better than glitter!!

Randy H
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:20 PM
great news for Shania :)

too bad Mariah is slipping down, as the new album is definitely a step up from her last album. Unfortunately she's had a lot of bad luck which has hindered her more recent success. Hopefully her true fans buy it though :)

jrm
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:25 PM
what mariah needs it's a huge hit - something like Without you. Funny that song didn't went to number 1 in States yet it's her biggest hit

King Aaron
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Aaliyah :) :D RIP angel! :angel:

shirley
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Good to see Shania still doing so well

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Why are people still releasing Aaliyah material, let the poor girl rest in peace instead of making money out of a corpse!

Coetzer Fan
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Mariah is the best :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

jrm
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JelenaDokicIsHot
Why are people still releasing Aaliyah material, let the poor girl rest in peace instead of making money out of a corpse!

same thing happend to tupac, eva cassidy has become a star ...

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Dec 20th, 2002, 01:12 AM
eva cassidy... *sigh* Michelle Kwan was actually one of the persons who brought the spotlight on eva after her death - well done, coz eva is one talented woman :)

King Lindsay
Dec 20th, 2002, 02:20 AM
apparently, you guys are the only ones who think Mariah is any good. Ha, go buy her CD, she needs it.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by jrm
same thing happend to tupac, eva cassidy has become a star ...

And Elvis etc etc

I just think, if someone dies, do them a tribute single or something and then one every so often (like every 5 years) but not release things so the record company cash in on a death

Sick

Randy H
Dec 20th, 2002, 03:58 PM
umm, I *did* King Lindsay, thanks :)

and for what it's worth it is a good record and I am pleased Ihave it. Shame people like you will miss out on it cause you're too busy criticizing instead of embracing ;)

Your loss :p

King Aaron
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Pink's album is gaining :)
Family Portrait moved up 4 to 21 :D nice but hoped for a bigger move

Year End Charts

Pink's M!ssundaztood is 4th on the year end charts
She's the no 2 female artists in the year end singles charts

CanadianBoy21
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:01 AM
I think it is a great way to pay tribute to Aaliyah.
I bought the CD today, it is great, it eve has a DVD in it.
There are six new songs, and the rest are her amazing hits.
Most of the proceeds go to cancer research foundation that Aaliyah herself contributed before her leave of this corrupt world.
But the album, because it is great.