PDA

View Full Version : Maria's fastest serves

JoPova
Jan 30th, 2013, 04:47 PM
There's a thread in GM about the 10 fastest serves ever. Does anybody know what's Maria's fastest serve?

In 2012, I think that the fastest was an ace down the T against Vika in the Stuttgart final: 186 kmh. But I may be wrong!

Has she ever hit a 190 kmh serve? :confused:

PimpMePova
Jan 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM
In wikipedia it says her fastest serve was 121 mph which is 195 km that was in Birmingham 2010

JoPova
Jan 30th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Shoulderpova in her worst year hit her fastest serve :hysteric: I don't think I've ever seen her hit a 190 kmh though.. I wish she could add those extra 10 kmh on her first serve. She could win more free points with it!

PimpMePova
Jan 30th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Shoulderpova in her worst year hit her fastest serve :hysteric: I don't think I've ever seen her hit a 190 kmh though.. I wish she could add those extra 10 kmh on her first serve. She could win more free points with it!

I know it doesn't really make sense :hysteric: But the positioning of the serve is definitely better now and I was really glad to see those aces on the wide against Na this year (the only thing she did well in that match :sobbing: )

JoPova
Jan 30th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I know it doesn't really make sense :hysteric: But the positioning of the serve is definitely better now and I was really glad to see those aces on the wide against Na this year (the only thing she did well in that match :sobbing: )

True! Placement is getting better and better. It would be great if she could improve her speed too. I'm not sure if this comes from building more muscles or adjusting her technique though :confused:

PimpMePova
Jan 30th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't know I'm not good with this stuff because I don't play tennis :lol: but I'm guessing both

slvr1969
Jan 30th, 2013, 09:57 PM
SexyPova's 186kmh serve - is faster than my old car's top speed!!! :haha:

swissmr
Jan 30th, 2013, 11:00 PM
She hit around 190kph a couple of times at AO 07 too (another tournament where she had shoulder problems :hysteric:

dsanders06
Jan 31st, 2013, 01:04 AM
I think her fastest serves of 2012 were at the US Open, right? I remember she hit some in the 115-120mph region in the early rounds there.

SilverSlam
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Dsanders is correct. Her fastest serve last year was at USO, I was looking at her stats from the slams a week or two ago.

Her fastest serve (not really surpringly, if you think about it) came when she was adjusting her service motion the most. What she had for the grass season worked well, and definitely had more pace, which worked on grass, but grass only. When she got to the HCs that year, she lacked the precision serves, she struggled on serve a lot.