PDA

View Full Version : Venus schedule?

joao
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Any idea of what will be Venus 2003 schedule ???

I'm worried ... I didn't see her name in any of the january events! Is she gonna show up at the AO with no preparation at all???:confused:

Chance
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:53 AM
so far Vee has committed to

AUS OPEN
Belgium
Dubai.

I'm worried too Joao that Vee hasn't committed to any pre Aus Open tournaments but if Vee travels along with Serena and trains in Australia for those 2 weeks, it may not be that bad.

locks
Dec 21st, 2002, 06:55 PM
I really don't know what to think:confused:

Infiniti2001
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:05 PM
You know I am really not worried, because Vee knows her body better than anyone else... Last year she played Goldcoast and by the time OZ came around she was injured:( I say she should do what's best for her:D

moon
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:17 PM
I feel exactly the same as Infiniti.
I think she'll come back kickin butt.
:D
Won't be long til the see Vee in action!

Dawn Marie
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:22 PM
I too agree with Infiniti and Moon, I think it is best to come in the OZ open refreshed and with no injury. It seems the rubber always gives V@S problems. Why risk anything before OZ?

FEARLESS VENUS RULEZ!!:):)

Venus_Serena
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Venus schedule for the 2003 season will be like that, I think !

Australian Open
Antwerp
Dubaï
Miami
Charleston or Amelia Island
Varsovie
French Open
Wimbledon
Acura Classic
Pilot Pen
Us Open
Moscow or Philadelphia
WTA Chamionships

13 tournaments, a perfect schedule for our queen !

;)

joao
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Thanks Venus_Serena for the schedule... but I don't think that's a perfect schedule for Venus. Too many TierII and again not enough of TierI:(

Venus is not scheduled to play the Open Gaz de France where she is the defending champion.:mad: And I hope you're wrong about her summer schedule too! I hope she will be defending her crown in Stanford where I go see her every year!!!!!

Unless she wins a GS or 2, with this kind of schedule she won't be #1 again and might not even be #2 at the end of the year! :sad:

CanIGetAWhat
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Venus_Serena
Venus schedule for the 2003 season will be like that, I think !

Australian Open
Antwerp
Dubaï
Miami
Charleston or Amelia Island
Varsovie
French Open
Wimbledon
Acura Classic
Pilot Pen
Us Open
Moscow or Philadelphia
WTA Chamionships

13 tournaments, a perfect schedule for our queen !

;)

With this schedule, Venus won't reach No. 1 again :sad: I wish this was Venus' schedule:

Australian Open - slam
Pan Pacific - tier 1
Antwerp - tier 2
Dubai - tier 2
Miami - special tier 1
Amelia Island - tier 2
Hamburg - tier 2
Berlin - tier 1
Paris - slam
London - slam
Stanford - tier 2
San Diego - tier 2
New Haven - tier 2
NYC - slam
Moscow - tier 1
Zurich - tier 1
LA - special tier 1

LucasArg
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:54 AM
I prefer Charleston to Amelia Island. ANd I think she should play in Tokyo after the OZ.

Lazy Venus:p

Whatzup
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I think Venus schedule for 2003 is:

Australien Open
Antwerp
Dubai
Miami
Rome (maybe or she will withdraw LOL)
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Los Angeles
San Diego
New Haven
US Open
WTA Championships (I think at that time she will withdraw LOL)

So I think she will play "just" around the 11 tournaments this year, but the most of the tournaments she'll win (if little sister Serena isn't play there LOL)

RAA
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:05 PM
interesting...
well, I don't mind that she plays fewer tournaments because I really don't think she enjoyed 2002 that much.
but she needs to play more tier 1s. that is for sure.
but she is the queen of her domain and knows what is best for her.
I really hope to see a rejuvenated Venus this year. I felt sad for her by the end of the year, it just ended so badly with the injury at the WTA championships - its my last memory of Vee in 2002 - walking off in tears with her DAd.

Legends
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:05 AM
i like that she is playing less tournaments and more tier two.

less stress on her body and mind, allowing her to keep on loving the game, and acquiring the titles, while still doing the other things she NEEDs to do to keep her mind active.
(you never hear people say so and so has x tier 1s and xxtier11s etc - it all about the slams and then the total no of titles won)

Venus knows that it is the slams that matter, and she doesn't necessarily need the #1 ranking (although having said that - the #1 ranking is a good selling point for her business- so maybe priorities will change for her).

Anyway, with the slams comes the ranking.
those of you who are worrying about the #1 seem, to me to be implying that Venus won't be getting enough slam titles - possilbly because of the serena factor? - well i have utmost confidence in Venus that when she is ready Serena will not be a factor, and anyway, if Venus can't win against her sister then she does not really deserve a better ranking.

so i re-iterate

go VENUS
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

play less tournaments (than last year)
win more titles and increase that SLAM tally.

jean_genie
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Legends
i like that she is playing less tournaments and more tier two.

less stress on her body and mind, allowing her to keep on loving the game, and acquiring the titles, while still doing the other things she NEEDs to do to keep her mind active.
(you never hear people say so and so has x tier 1s and xxtier11s etc - it all about the slams and then the total no of titles won)

Venus knows that it is the slams that matter, and she doesn't necessarily need the #1 ranking (although having said that - the #1 ranking is a good selling point for her business- so maybe priorities will change for her).

Anyway, with the slams comes the ranking.
those of you who are worrying about the #1 seem, to me to be implying that Venus won't be getting enough slam titles - possilbly because of the serena factor? - well i have utmost confidence in Venus that when she is ready Serena will not be a factor, and anyway, if Venus can't win against her sister then she does not really deserve a better ranking.

so i re-iterate

go VENUS
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

play less tournaments (than last year)
win more titles and increase that SLAM tally.

Amen to that! The Slams are priority over the #1 ranking. Go Venus, it's your year to shine again.:bounce: :worship: