PDA

View Full Version : PS2 game, "The getaway" - Is it any good?

MartianJoeyWinson
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Seriously, I am considering buying this, but I ain't sure if it is a rip-off of GTA Vice City (which I already have and love dearly;)).

It looks damn good, but aesthetics aint nothin to gameplay.

Martian Martin
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:31 AM
I'm probably going to get it for my Christmas because it looks great, although I'm getting GTA Vice City as well, so it will be taking a back seat to that, at least at the start! :p

Flappie
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:35 PM
omg, you are such Guys! All excited about a computer game!:p:D

Keith
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Its a PS2 game, not a computer game!

It got some good reviews, I saw a few 8 and 9's out of 10! I think its a bit more linear than GTA:VC, but the graphics look great and I think overall it will be worth the money, but I'm guessing there will not be as much replay value as there is in the GTA series

MartianJoeyWinson
Dec 18th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Thats the thing I love about Vice City, just all the stuff u can do in it, like flying a chopper, doing stunts on a motorbike, or destroying cars with my fists :)

MartianJoeyWinson
Dec 18th, 2002, 10:52 PM
I tend to ignore reviews now and go for people's personal experiences (after reading such wonderful reviews fo Toca Race Driver, I went out and bought the bloody thing. I took it back after two days.)

nasty nick#2
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:27 PM
The Graphics ar great, but i wonder if the story is as good, i mean it's based on a 70's movie. I had a simular game called Driver on PS1 and it seems to be almost like this, the missions, the driving etc. It seems ok, but just driving around and doing exactly the same as in the movie doesn't seem to exciting to me.