PDA

View Full Version : Andy Warhol weighs in greatest athletes

Celeste
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:54 PM
I was shopping for Ronnie for Christmas and ran across a $3 milllion Andy Warhol original portraits of "Ten of the World's Greatest Athletes." No, it is out of my price range, but two women made the portraits, Dorothy Hamill, and our very own, Chris Evert, bathed in pink! See, Chris really is the best, Andy Warhol knew what he was doing.

Also in the portrait are Muhammad Ali, O.J. Simpson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Pele, Jack Nicklaus, Tom Seaver, Rod Gilbert, and Willie Shoemaker.

MartianJoeyWinson
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:22 PM
You don't often run into that at your local Aldi.

BigB0882
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:11 AM
LMAO!!!!

Jack Nicklaus!!!!

Oh my god, I'm sorry but that is tooooo funny!

I agree, Nicklaus is one of the BEST golfers to ever live, but to call him one of the best athletes ever!? I refuse to call any golfer an athlete because they golf. They are just golfers. If you can weigh 300 lbs and do well in a sport, then surely it isn't very athletic. Golf is one of the very few "sports" that require no athleticism, another is curling. Even ping-pong requires more athleticism than golf.

Celeste
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:31 AM
It was just Andy Warhol! I don't think he ever wrote for Sports Illiustrated or anything, well, maybe that prove the point. Nobody better trash his lady, Miss Christine Marie Evert! That pink and all, she looked great. The others were just runners-up to her!

user abuser
Dec 20th, 2004, 05:16 PM
What about a dvd of 'Valley of the dolls'?

alfajeffster
Dec 20th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Makes me want to go crack open a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup...

Pamela Shriver
Dec 21st, 2004, 07:27 AM
Warhol loved icons. Why wasn't I included?? :sad:

alfajeffster
Dec 21st, 2004, 11:52 AM
Warhol loved icons. Why wasn't I included?? :sad:Oh, you were, dear, you were. You'll need to use your best Pammentary imagination, but check these out (specifically the second of the two):

http://www.geocities.com/christophermulrooney/criteria/id119.html

Pamela Shriver
Dec 21st, 2004, 12:50 PM
Oh, you were, dear, you were. You'll need to use your best Pammentary imagination, but check these out (specifically the second of the two):

http://www.geocities.com/christophermulrooney/criteria/id119.html
I KNEW it!! I was one of Andy's obsessions and inspirations. Truth is out now - I am a work of art. Beat that Billie!

alfajeffster
Dec 21st, 2004, 01:02 PM
I KNEW it!! I was one of Andy's obsessions and inspirations. Truth is out now - I am a work of art. Beat that Billie!
Billie, hell- I never much cared for pink, so the Evert-in-pink portrait just never cut it for me- fake as a wedding cake (to borrow a phrase from Marilyn Manson). I much prefer the abstract giraffe and scrambled eggs. Can you imagine what he was thinking about you and breakfast when he came up with that one?:lol: