PDA

View Full Version : In This Thread, we list things that suck about elevators

Car Key Boi
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:52 PM
I'll start off with

When yuo are waiting for an elevator, an asshole walking in front of yuo and standing right in front of the doors, basically 1 cm. away

When yuo are about to get *in* the elevator, some asshole running and getting in front of yuo

When yuo are exiting an elevator, another asshole trying to get in before letting yuo get out

(Worst of them all) a fucktard repeatedly pressing the elevator button, as if doing so will, in fact, make the elevator come faster

Farting. Unless it's yuo who's done the deed

Celeste
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Well, I know from personal experience that pressing the button continuously until it arrives works. It really does arrive faster. The elevator has to know I mean business and then it gets used to my touch so after awhile, I do not have to press it more than once, because it knows NOT to keep me waiting. Another annoying move I pull is getting off on the lowest floor where I could have walked, just to irritate others waiting to get to higher floors. I enjoy elevator torture, I guess it's my guilty pleasure. But pressing the button numerous times does work!

Car Key Boi
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:03 AM
yeah i do that, not the repeated pressing of the button, THAT doesn't work, but the getting out of the elevator on the second floor (after getting aboard at the Lobby), noticing the uptight fucker CEO-type who needs to go to the 42 floor, and pressing buttons 3-41 on your way out.

a classic :cool:

Melanie2
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:22 AM
OK. Very slow elevators are bad. Badly lit elevators with huge mirrors are also bad. Very small elevators crammed full of people are also bad. People who get into elevators which are already too full are annoying. I really don't like being jammed up close to strange people, so I prefer stairs :) Elevators that creak and groan and sound like they are about to break down are bad. Elevators that smell like old McDonalds hamburgers are bad. Also, when you are in a crowded elevator, about to go up and as the door closes someone with a suitcase runs towards the elevator... and someone in there holds the door, and then it's closing and it happens again... let them get the next one!

King Satan
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Elevators suck cos I never get stuck in one with a really hot chick :(

Car Key Boi
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Next time someone pisses yuo off on an elevator, try this:

1) Put on yuor best psychopathic grin and thousand yard stare.

2) Pull out a steel, retractable ball point pen (the click type work best)

3) Turn to the offending party and say, in yuor best Hannibal Lecter voice, "I could drive this pen into yuor juggular vein right now, and there isn't a thing yuo can do to stop me"

4) Stand closely behind them and click the pen. Repeatedly.
Although this works best if there's only one other person in the elevator, it could be fun in a crowded elevator as well.

vw43
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Irritating Elevator Issues:

The cheesy ass Muzak.
The stinky body odor offender.
The uncomfortable silence.
The forced chatter.
The crummy mirrored doors that make even the skinniest people look Roseanne Barr size..

All for now.

Princess Fiona
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:57 PM
I don't like elevators either. :mad: Why?

* I have a fear of plunging to my death from one
* I have a fear of being trapped in the door
* I have a fear of being trapped in one
* I don't like it when people run for one - I mean, why on earth not just wait for the next one? :rolleyes:

And, taking the stairs is THE healthier option... :)

King Lindsay
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:14 PM
'Scuse, but how exactly would one get trapped in the door?

Princess Fiona
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Clothing? Your clothing gets trapped in the door and you encounter a gruesome death?

Maybe I have an overactive imagination... :o ;)

Jetta
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:19 PM
What I always hated about elevators, is once you get to that certain floor that you wanted, right before the doors open, the elevator just kinda drops for like 2 seconds, and then the door opens :o But that drop is really unneccessary :o

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:24 PM
I don't like that bit either, Brooke... :o In fact, the ELEVATOR is completely unnecessary!! Take the stairs people!! ;) I also hate escalators (I have a real escalator phobia) - it's a wonder I don't have a zillion panic attacks in these places... *cough* :o ;)

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:25 PM
going up the escalator isnt bad.......but going down.............. :o

And then there's always that fear of getting your clothes caught *shudders*

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Oh yes! Oh yes! :eek: I had a bad experience on a London Underground escalator going down once - I HATE them!! :mad: I saw part of this film once in which a girl was swallowed up by an escalator after her clothing became trapped and there was nothing left but blood and hair and ripped clothing...

I didn't stick around to watch the rest... :o ;)

caramel
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:46 PM
I love elevators! Esp. the ones @ really posh hotels! Most of them have mirrors so I always get the chance to drool @ myself :drool: (just kidding) and the classical music is also great to relax. ;)

irma
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:47 PM
I hate elevators. I always try to avoid them. it's because when I little I saw the lift!

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:48 PM
I only like those 2 sided door elevators.......those with a door in front of you.....and one in back of you........:o

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by caramel
I love elevators! Esp. the ones @ really posh hotels! Most of them have mirrors so I always get the chance to drool @ myself :drool: (just kidding) and the classical music is also great to relax. ;)

Perhaps you can counsel me, caramel? ;)

caramel
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Franziska
Clothing? Your clothing gets trapped in the door and you encounter a gruesome death?

Maybe I have an overactive imagination... :o ;)

That canīt happen to you if you wear tight clothes;)

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by caramel
That canīt happen to you if you wear tight clothes;)

Oh, I wear tight clothes (anything that enhances the bust is good with me :angel: ) but I still can't shake the fear of the elevator... :eek: ;)

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Fiona, how about those sidewalk flat escalators......like those at airports? :p

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Posh
Fiona, how about those sidewalk flat escalators......like those at airports? :p

But THEN... you miss out on the exercise!! ;) :D

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:21 PM
yeah but you get to mooooooooove along a surface without lifting a leg :p

nasty nick#2
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:25 PM
As a kid i was afraid for elevators.

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:25 PM
but that's boooooooooooooooooooring, Brooke... :p ;)

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:29 PM
that's not booooooooooooooooooooooring...........its......FUN WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Noooooo!! It's great exercise to walk up a huge flight of stairs, two at a time, at a "reasonable" speed... ;) It tones up the legs and is v. good!!

What AM I writing? *slump* ;)

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:45 PM
no its just very tiring :sad: :p

*press elevator door button*

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Wouldn't it be horrible to be stuck in the elevator with simon cowell Fiona? :p

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Posh
Wouldn't it be horrible to be stuck in the elevator with simon cowell Fiona? :p

Merry Christmas to you TOO honey :p :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: ;)

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:54 PM
weeeeeeee! :D

do i get presents? :D

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Not if you mention the words S**** C***** again, Grrrrrrrl!! ;)

Jetta
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:57 PM
but Si....... errrr okay nevermind :D

*be good*

Princess Fiona
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:58 PM
That's the way to go about it... :D ;)