PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan:Woman agreed to $250,000;says she took money to keep relations quiet

CHOCO
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Jordan: Woman agreed to $250,000

Wizard star says Knafel took money to keep relationship quiet

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CHICAGO, Dec. 17 — Michael Jordan contends in court papers that the woman seeking $5 million from him agreed to take $250,000 to keep their relationship quiet once tests determined he did not father her child.

THE BASKETBALL STAR is suing Karla Knafel to keep her from collecting on an alleged extortion attempt. Knafel and her lawyer have countered that Jordan agreed to pay $5 million for her silence so he could protect his image.
In court documents filed Monday, Jordan said Knafel demanded $5 million — $1 million immediately and the remainder after paternity testing — while she was pregnant in 1991. After the child’s birth, according to Jordan, she and her lawyer agreed to a $250,000 payment.
“Both Knafel and her original attorney clearly understood that this was the only agreement between them,” Jordan’s court filing says. It contends she and an attorney each wrote to Jordan spelling out the timing for installments for “the finalization of our agreement.”

Knafel’s attorney, Michael Hannafan, said she had a “plain, valid and enforceable contract” with the former Chicago Bulls star.
Hannafan wants to question Jordan on Jan. 24 when his Washington Wizards are in Chicago to play the Bulls.
Knafel’s counterclaim, filed Nov. 19, contends NBA referee Eddie Rush introduced the two over the phone while she was singing at a hotel in Indianapolis. Rush and Jordan were in Indianapolis for a Bulls game against the Pacers.
A sexual relationship began in Chicago in December 1989 and continued into 1991, according to her claim. Jordan had married his wife, Juanita, that September, but called the marriage a “business arrangement” to improve his image, Knafel alleges.
Juanita Jordan filed for divorce last January but later withdrew the case. She and Jordan issued a statement saying they were attempting reconciliation.

CHOCO
Dec 17th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Perhaps this takes some of the luster off of Michael's image.

jrm
Dec 17th, 2002, 06:16 PM
i pressume he is not the only one who's done that

Celeste
Dec 17th, 2002, 08:59 PM
If you are going to extort money from someone you screwed, get the best possible deal up front and then keep your mouth shut!

CHOCO
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Michael should've had a written contract drawn up. Because, if not, it ALWAYS comes back to bite you in the azz.

I think Michael is going to fight this to the end.

Celeste
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:33 PM
He should fight it. No woman's sex is worth this kind of cash, what is this woman thinking. Was she that great? I doubt it! Most bimbos would be thrilled he even screwed them, much less give them money. Hell, I'd fuck him for free and keep my mouth shut (after the act, I mean). At least she isn't suing McDonalds for making her fat and unattractive to Mr. Jordan. Or maybe if this lawsuit fails, then she will sue McDonalds claiming that Michael Jordan would have continued to screw her and pay her but for those Big Macs and all, putting weight on. Or maybe she'll sue her health club after this, she paid and didn't turn into Pam Anderson, or Serena Williams, whatever look she's after. This woman is trash. I hope Michael buries her. Enough is enough!