PDA

View Full Version : "Ruined Movies"

Celeste
Dec 17th, 2002, 01:24 AM
This is really for Americans. How many times have you been watching a movie and into the plot and all, and then a shot goes to the World Trade Center? It kills the movie. It happens a lot to me:

Moonstruck
Working Girl
A.I. Artificial Intellegence
Dressed to Kill
She-Devil

There are many more. It sort of kills the movie mood. I start thinking about the planes and deaths. It is not the movies' fault, but it sort of wrecks the movie, also. There are many more movies like this, but these are those I can remember. I have the Cher DVD of Moonstruck where she and the director do the whole commentary, but there is no mistaking the Towers. It sort of kills the film when you see it. Am I alone? Many more movies exist, these are the ones I can remember.

Car Key Boi
Dec 17th, 2002, 02:06 AM
hey sexy doll xx

the one film that immediately springs to mind is 'Escape from New York' staring Kurt Russell

Snake (Russell) flies into New York in a funky glider and lands it on the roof of one of the towers, and then later on he's fighting his way up the tower to make his escape in the glider.

of course, this film is set some 20 or so years into the future, so the downing of the WTC has really screwed up the plot

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK=FUCKED

-Car Key Boi :cool:

Car Key Boi
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by JoeyWinson
The Parole Officer. Bloody funny film ruined by unnecessary love plot which took up needless points in the film and almost seemed to be crowbarred in.

"ruined" is quite a harsh word to use but it could have been so much better.

erm, the title of the thread could have been more descriptive, but the "ruined" is in reference to a film being ruined due to the destruction of the WTC