PDA

View Full Version : DiCaprio Able to Reflect After 'Titanic'

CHOCO
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:08 PM
DiCaprio Able to Reflect After 'Titanic'

Dec 16, 7:44 AM (ET)

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - The years since Leonardo DiCaprio's biggest film hit offered a chance for the actor to reevaluate his career.

"I think that after 'Titanic' was definitely a reflective time for me, where I really secured in my own mind who I wanted to be," he told the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday.

"I don't think that was much different from what my original intentions were as an actor. I always felt compelled to play certain characters, and that was the only reason I chose a film, and that's pretty much been consistent. But it certainly refined things for me and made me be more specific about my decisions as an actor."

Since 'Titanic,' DiCaprio has starred in "The Man in the Iron Mask,""Celebrity" and "The Beach." His latest films include "Gangs of New York" and "Catch Me If You Can."

Crazy Canuck
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:55 PM
I watched the Basketball Diaries not long ago. I hadn't seen him in a movie since I watched Titanic.

Essentially it served as a stern reminder that the boy is one hell of an actor when he gets a decent part, with a decent script to go by.

irma
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca

Essentially it served as a stern reminder that the boy is one hell of an actor when he gets a decent part, with a decent script to go by.

that's true,

that movie with robert de niro was great(a boy's life?) and of course what's eating gilbert grape too. in romeo and juliet he just looked great

the titantic was just not such a character role but well I am still such a romantic fool so I liked it anyway :hearts:

the man behind the mask was aweful, maybe because long hair doesn't fit him :o

nasty nick#2
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:37 PM
This Boy's Life was exellent ;) The Beach was not very good, but i don't blame Leo. There's soon out a new Leo movie about Gangs in new york, i've heard it
s great.

Scotso
Dec 17th, 2002, 02:37 AM
He's a good actor but not a great person IMO.

I can't wait to see CMIYC.