PDA

View Full Version : How seriously do you take what posters say about themselves?

griffin
Dec 16th, 2002, 06:47 PM
It's a December thing ;) Without tennis to distract me, I've noticed a few exchanges about whether someone is telling the truth about who they are/what they do/etc., and it got me wondering about how much stock posters put in each other's claims about identity, and why.

Just curious.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 16th, 2002, 06:55 PM
I used to believe everything, i had no reason not to, but lately...................................

I don't care though, well until i feel i kinda like what i know of them and then find out it's not true i feel disappointed, i get over it easily, just fed up with people lying to me all my life

Why can't people just be themselves :confused: if somebody doesn't like you for you, then surely they aren't worth it? :confused:

Gallofa
Dec 16th, 2002, 06:58 PM
I assume everyone ELSE is lying... too :D

;)

Nacho
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:00 PM
me too lol

I even doubt Gallofa is really spanish... :confused:

:p :p :p

The Crow
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Call me ignorant, but that's the last thing on my mind ;)

Gallofa
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by TOT
I even doubt Gallofa is really spanish... :confused:

Yeah, me too, that Gallofa lies more than she talks. I think her real name is not even Gallofa! :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by The Crow
Call me ignorant

Ignorant! :D

Hey! we are here to serve! ;) :p

The Crow
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Gallofa

Hey! we are here to serve! ;) :p

And that's the truth! :D

Barrie_Dude
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Actually, I take everything with a grain of salt. I mean, after all, this is a Tennis Message Board. We are not testyfying in court, it's not confession at church. Whether someone lies here really does not matter as it does not impact my life. Those that do worry are taking this space far too seriously.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:32 PM
I don't believe Barrie dislikes Britney..............................

griffin
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:33 PM
I said nothing about worrying about the validity of people's claims - that's another poll ;)

apoet29
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:17 PM
I like to believe that most people are telling the truth and most of the people, who I have been fortunate enough to meet, have been telling the truth. Unfortunately, there are people who do lie about themselves, but honestly that is to be expected when you are dealing with people on the internet.

Kuilli
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Gallofa
Yeah, me too, that Gallofa lies more than she talks. I think her real name is not even Gallofa! :rolleyes: :D
And I believed every word Gallofa told me! Why didn't anybody warn me of her lying ways? :( ;)

CHOCO
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:23 PM
I agree with Barrie. Some times I wonder, but for the most part I don't give it much thought because of this medium a message board is a place to be anonymous, be creative, display imagination and exchange information. That's just the nature of the Internet.

irma
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:27 PM
I am always paranoid

I don't even believe people in real life :p

Kiwi_Boy
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:49 AM
for me it depends on the person,MOST people i give the benifit of the dobt to (and i do to ALL people at first),but in some cases i find it difficult to believe in some people,some weired vibe i guess.
quite frankly i dont really care who people are on this board after all it is just that and people on the other side of the world,but i always respect honesty.