PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Italian people?

ARANTXA:simply the best
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Have you ever been to Italy? and what do you think of italian people?

shirley
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Well, I've never been to Italy. One day I hope I'll visit but I used to have an Italian penpal and she was nice. I love Italian people. I like watching the international squad play and was devastated when they got knocked out of the World Cup.

BasicTennis
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:47 AM
i could only think of Pizza.;)

caramel
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:01 AM
I´ve been to Italy... it is really nice there. Plus, my daddy is from Italy too.

nasty nick#2
Dec 14th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Im half Italian so i think they are great :D

Sam L
Dec 14th, 2002, 10:44 AM
I love Italians! The men are hot, the food is good, the country is beautiful and they have very low birth rates. An example for the entire world to follow :cool:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 14th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Good question, honest answer

Italians i have met are okay, but some of there footballers should take up olympic diving instead

I also think the perm is kinda outdated and that Fiat's should be banned

But i do like Spaghetti and Massimo Maccarone

:) That do? ;)

nasty nick#2
Dec 14th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Britney_SMG_MJH

But i do like Spaghetti and Massimo Maccarone

That was a funny quote :D

maya
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:32 AM
You should never ever let them drive ;).

No, really, the ones that I met were all very nice and especially friendly. When I was in Italy I had hard time comunicating, since I don't speak Italian (and those I met there didn't speak anything else), but even they tried very hard so in the end we understood eachother without words.

Emola
Dec 14th, 2002, 01:44 PM
well I have seen many a gorgeous Italian man ;) but I have a friend who is half Italian but lives in England now,and she is lovely :) and I also know a girl who lives in Rome and she is really nice also,so I dont know about all Italians,but these 2 girls I know are great :D

Dec 14th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Tell freely what do you think, even if you don't like italian people!!!!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Oh i will talk freely, no-one has ever accused me of not being honest ;)

Every Italian bloke i've met, well i haven't met many, is a slimer and looks like he's gonna cry all the time :p

Italian women, i know even less of, but ones i have met are okay :s

Very general though, as is all things like this, i don't dislike Italians though ;)

Emola
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:18 PM
so how many Italian men have you met?:p Ive not met any,just the 2 girls I know.

dubro
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:22 PM
VIVA L'IATLIA!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

:wavey:

CIAO A TUTTI

Giuliano
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Oh I've been to Padua for five months. I had the best time of my life there. I met a lot of italian people obviously ;) and what stroke was their unpredictability (I have to say that I almost only met young people as I was on an Erasmus trip). They take their time and don't have any schedule. As I already mentioned, I said one evening that I was tired and did not want to go anywhere nor do anything and somehow we came back home at 6 in the morning lol.
You can become their friend very easily too. I didn't speak a word of italian at the beginning but they accepted me very easily (even though they don't speak a word of english or french :p) and I appreciated that a lot. And once you're their friend, they'll do anything for you (you have to do the same in return :angel: )
They also taught me all the bad words first :o.

They talk a lot with their hands (and that is not a cliche). I caught that habit. I often do that gesture where you join your thumb and your forefinger and shake your hand (Mamma mia ;)).

They shouldn't be allowed to drive cars though. I got really scared a lot of times. It's like they all drive Ferraris ;) and they are ALWAYS late :mad: ;).

I'd say the same as David about their soccer team though :o (Spero che gli altri non legeranno questo :o).

But to finish on a better note, italian girls are very very cute and know how to dress. You rarely see them wear loose clothes.

More to come later :D.

anton
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:43 PM
cool!! cool!!!

italian food is SOOOOOOOO good also!!!!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Em, a fair few, they all been slimey and greasy, hence Mr Nesta etc ;)

Emola
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:44 PM
lol you havent met him!:p I also realised that the 2 girls I know are very friendly and the food is just delicious :lick: I would like to go one day to meet my friend :)

anton
Dec 14th, 2002, 02:52 PM
I forgot to say was up to farinosf!!!

was up??!! :wavey:

Where is my Doche and Gabonna??? :(

monicain
Dec 14th, 2002, 05:09 PM
I luv hot food.
I luv hot guys:drool:

LeonHart
Dec 14th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Italian food is HELLA GOOD!!! spagetti and pizza :drool:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 14th, 2002, 05:43 PM
I take back what i said about Maccarone, he's a big dollop! :o

Jennifer's wife
Dec 14th, 2002, 07:05 PM
:drool: Sexy fiesty women!!:lick: prime example being dear Jen and she's only half italian!!:hearts: :kiss:

Princess Fiona
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:51 PM
I spent six weeks in Roma last year and the city is beautiful. :) Italians? My Italiano is pretty much non-existent, but I thought I should make an "effort" with the people in shops etc only for them to speak to me in Inglese!! ;) I like the way of life over there - everything seems so much more, errrrh, relaxed. Verrrry me... *cough* ;)

Italians seem so stylish - I think I'm just in love with the Latin way of life... :hearts: ;)

BigB0882
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Oh, I love Italian men! I fell in love with them watching the soccer World Cup! HUBBA HUBBA! You know, they say Italian men have really big.....:hearts:

caramel
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Yeah the men are hot but when I was in Milan a couple of years ago I met a really annoying one. He followed me around all the time although I told him to stop doing that like millions of times . :( :mad:

gmt
Dec 15th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Hard to answer that question without falling into clichés :cool:
Italy is a country where I'd dream of living and where I probably wouldn't be happy.
It is utterly beautiful. Beauty is everywhere. In the light, the buildings & monuments, paintings, sculptures, music, songs. In landscapes, hill slopes, mountains, the sea, enchanting lakes. The light, magic light of a morning in the Tuscan countryside. In smiles, laughters, faces, eyes, voices. Even in poverty and suffering.
And Italians are so much surrounded with beauty that they sometimes seem to be spoiled by it. It is as though they could afford to waste it and be sure to find it again. I'd very easily fall in love with an Italian girl :o but I am a faithful person and tend to doubt that (most) Italians have that quality in their temper. As an Italian once said, Italy is the country where love is in the air, love has the most glamorous name, but it is not the country of lasting love, it's even a country where love is cruel and dies often.
But, as a musician, Italy will always be one of my "paradises".

As a side note, I don't think that Julien decided to come back from Italy with an Italiana girrlfrrriend ;)

Benny
Dec 15th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Italians are the best!

~ The Leopard ~
Dec 15th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Yes, I've been to Italy and love the place....and the people were soooooo friendly. :)

franzit
Dec 15th, 2002, 10:08 AM
hey anton, did u refer to me? farinosf is my nick on aol (but i don't use it often)
I am glad to hear you like my country...even if ,to judge it fully, you would have visited not only big cities...

Giuliano
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Why is it that gmt always tells it better than the others? *pouts*
Although I'm quite sure you made a typo somewhere in your second sentence :p.

Dec 15th, 2002, 01:22 PM
I'm happy that,more or less, everyone has a good opinion of Italy and of Italian....

gmt
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:34 PM
I can't find the typo :confused: Because I really mean that, yes, I'd dream of living there, it is just so glorious, and, no, I don't think that I'd be happy there after all, unfortunately...
As for your pouting comment... :hugs::angel:

Double Fault
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Italian women are very fiesty. Italians in general are very very friendly and (those that I have met) are not hapy unless they're plying you with food. Italians love their food and are not ashamed to admit it. How they're are not all obese is beyond me. I love their food. They can't drive though. They're crazy drivers!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by caramel
Yeah the men are hot but when I was in Milan a couple of years ago I met a really annoying one. He followed me around all the time although I told him to stop doing that like millions of times . :( :mad:

England has more nutters, soooooooooooooo many weirdos :(

caramel
Dec 15th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Britney_SMG_MJH
England has more nutters, soooooooooooooo many weirdos :(

Are you sure? I´ve been to England too and no one approached me. Maybe British people have a better taste when it comes to women. Haha. :D

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 15th, 2002, 03:55 PM
You must have been lucky ;)