Sabine Lisicki def. Marina Erakovic 5-7 6-3 6-2
Sabine Lisicki def. Nina Bratchikova 7-5 6-3
Maria Kirilenko def. Sabine Lisicki 5-7 6-1 7-6
Sabine Lisicki def. Pauline Parmentier
Sabine Lisicki def. Madison Keys 7-5 6-3
Sabine Lisicki def. Melinda Czink 7-6 4-6 6-2
Sabine Lisicki def. Kristina Mladenovic 6-3 6-3
Sabine Lisicki def. Magdalena Rybarikova 7-5 7-5
Marina Erakovic def. Sabine Lisicki 6-1 ret.
Simona Halep def. Sabine Lisicki 6-2 3-6 7-5

Ziva
Jan 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Those tournaments will show us where she will be going, regarding the Rest of 2013 and after that.

She needs top resuts, many points to defend, if she doesn't defend and also adds some more points it's ITF Time again after Wimbledon.

Pressure is high !!!

I hope she can do it and starts a little run in pattaya.

Bino
Jan 20th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Pressure is high !!!

I hope she can do it and starts a little run in pattaya.
I'm sure she will get back her self confidence soon. She is such a brilliant (and sweet) player and if that comes in her mind the success will be comming back to her :)

Win over Ivanovic in Pattaya final wouldn 't that be nice? :angel:

KatjaS
Jan 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM
We have to hope that Pattaya won't find someone to take a Top 20 WC, or Sabine won't be seeded (with her luck that would probably mean Ivanovic or Kirilenko in R1...)

Ziva
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM
Not Seeded ?
How many seeds will there be, the field wasn't strong at all when i checked last time.

mk27
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM
Of course she will be seeded because for the seedings they will use the rankings from last Monday.

Here is the entry list

http://www.pentanglepromotions.com/Ptt-Pattaya-Open/Ptt-Pattaya-Open-2013/en/images/player/Entry_List.jpg

KatjaS
Jan 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
mk27 is right, I somehow thought Pattaya was in 2 weeks, but it's next week already, so the AO don't count yet. Watson, Begu and Robson were still behind her before the AO. My bad.

Ziva
Jan 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM
The field isn't as weak as i expected, some names i don't like from Sabines perspective....

Bino
Jan 21st, 2013, 09:27 PM
The field isn't as weak as i expected, some names i don't like from Sabines perspective....
Come on ... Bine has to fear nobody if she is playing on her normal level. Its only a question of confidence.

KatjaS
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM
Her new coach for 2013 is Ricardo Sanchez, who used to coach Petrova.

Sabine: I'm happy to announce that Ricardo Sanchez has joined my team. I'm looking forward to working with him! :-)

crazillo
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:16 PM

I thought it was so weird that Petrova skipped him after their successful end to 2012. But that's not Bine's problem. Hope he tells her to work on a plan B in matches and mental aspects of her game.

Ziva
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:19 PM

Great news, finally she makes the next step :)

KatjaS
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:24 PM
I thought it was so weird that Petrova skipped him after their successful end to 2012. But that's not Bine's problem. Hope he tells her to work on a plan B in matches and mental aspects of her game.

Didn't she pretty much fire all her coaches after a relatively short time?

Edit: Apparently financial reasons: https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/291008666230980608

crazillo
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:26 PM
Didn't she pretty much fire all her coaches after a relatively short time?

Edit: Anscheinend ging es primär ums Finanzielle: https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/291008666230980608

She used to. Nadia is strange in this regard IMO.

crazillo
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:29 PM
she only had her dad as a coach so far !!

End of 2012 she was coached by Peschke for two tournaments, it wasn't clear what that was about, but 2013 he was coaching her Wife again and Sabine was back with her dad.

This was related to Petrova.

KatjaS
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:29 PM
she only had her dad as a coach so far !!

End of 2012 she was coached by Peschke for two tournaments, it wasn't clear what that was about, but 2013 he was coaching her Wife again and Sabine was back with her dad.

I meant Petrova fired all her coaches, not Sabine. :)

Ziva
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM
I meant Petrova fired all her coaches, not Sabine. :)

ah yeah i see :lol:

Michael!
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM
Good news, should be a good coach for her, was obvious that Sabine needs some change, someone who teaches her new things, changes some things etc., we´ll see how it goes..:)

Bino
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:52 PM
Yes very good news. Let's hope that he gives Bine the right impulses to get on her top level. Maybe the slam in her is now comming out :hearts:

KatjaS
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:31 PM
Well she seems to be excited, he gets the all-caps treatment:

Sabine Lisicki
I've got some GREAT news to share with you! Check out what it is...! sabinelisicki.com/news.php

Geekking
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:47 PM
A new coach is good news. We will see how it goes

Carsten
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:51 PM
Sanchez is strange, i'm not sure yet if i like that decision. But on the other hand it could have been a worse coach.

Ziva
Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Well she seems to be excited, he gets the all-caps treatment:

indeed, a bit odd isn't it ?
Would have expected a more low profile change of coach since her dad was or is in her team.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
I hope dad stays in her team...as dad. Let Sanchez & Sabs get on with it - they need a little bit of time to get to know each other, new drills, what works etc.

SabineTard
Jan 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I hope dad stays in her team...as dad. Let Sanchez & Sabs get on with it - they need a little bit of time to get to know each other, new drills, what works etc.

Dammit I didn't know that her dad is traveling with her and is playing a role of a 'coach' Then we have the numerous talented player who's talent is ruined by a non-professional father :fiery: From now on I will call her the German Wozniacki :bounce:

Ziva
Jan 25th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Dammit I didn't know that her dad is traveling with her and is playing a role of a 'coach' Then we have the numerous talented player who's talent is ruined by a non-professional father :fiery: From now on I will call her the German Wozniacki :bounce:

:facepalm:

Oh my, you should do your homework before you write such nonsense :help:

SabineTard
Jan 25th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I think you've caught my point ;) Isn't that right ? Piotr is the one who stops Wozniacki going a level up in her career ... Well, this is not a topic for Wozniacki, but the rule that ''daddy knows me best'' is valid in this case.

Ziva
Jan 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM
No because your point is invalid.
Her father is not like Wozniackis father, because he is an actual tenniscoach, Piotr is not.

Sabine seemed to need a change, but her game in general was never the problem.

Jimmie48
Jan 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM
The two fathers seem to have a very, very different personality as well. I've never seen or heard that Sabine's father treats her abusively, his on-court coaching is always very calm and supportive.

Ziva
Jan 25th, 2013, 10:09 PM
And in Sabines case, she was the boss on the practise court, not like Caro.

SabineTard
Jan 26th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Well according to Wikipedia Sabine's father has an education for ''sport sciences''. It maybe different from Caro but I still think that women need some professional coaches being former players or etc. I may be wrong but name me a consistent top player coached by father !? Sharapova's career also went up higher when her father stopped being a factor in it ! Fathers give some security or confidence but it's proved that they can never make great champions. Sabine has no slam. So then ? Something has to change cause she is a great talent.

Lisickinator
Jan 27th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Pattaya City

3-HSIEH, SU-WEI TPE vs ERAKOVIC, MARINA NZL
WC-WONGTEANCHAI, VARATCHAYA THA vs BECK, ANNIKA GER
PANOVA, ALEXANDRA RUS vs BEGU, IRINA-CAMELIA ROU
5-LISICKI, SABINE GER vs MALEK, TATJANA GER

KatjaS
Jan 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Really nice draw. Should give her confidence after the AO.

Wert.
Jan 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Not a bad draw, first two rounds should be easy, then Hsieh.

She has been injured and in a bad form lately so she's certainly beatable opponent. :yeah:

Good luck Sabine :cheer:

Lisickinator
Jan 27th, 2013, 09:14 AM

She has been injured and in a bad form lately so she's certainly beatable opponent. :yeah:

Hsieh won't reach the QF.

Tecumseh
Jan 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM

She will probably play against Annika Beck in the QF who won convincingly against Hsieh in Shenzhen. But its anyway a good draw for her.

Bino
Jan 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I wonder what is the source of that draw because there isn't any on wta site and also not on official pattaya site :confused:

It looks very good for Bine but shes not happy to play vs. Malek first rd.

Michael!
Jan 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Her quarter couldn´t be much easier, would be disappointing if she doesn´t reach SF here at least, good luck!

mk27
Jan 27th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I wonder what is the source of that draw because there isn't any on wta site and also not on official pattaya site :confused:

It's on the official scoreboard

http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/main.swf?lang=en

Choose Pattaya and then Live Draws

KatjaS
Jan 27th, 2013, 11:16 AM
She'll play on tuesday.

Bino
Jan 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
It's on the official scoreboard

http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/main.swf?lang=en

Choose Pattaya and then Live Draws
Thanks! SF vs. Ivanovic would be nice too :)

Patrick345
Jan 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Her quarter couldn´t be much easier, would be disappointing if she doesn´t reach SF here at least, good luck!

Agreed. Should give her some easy matches to familiarize with Sanchez, who is probably excited to face Ana with a pupil that has a forehand. :hysteric:

Sabinator.
Jan 27th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Good luck Sabine :unsure: :)

CillyUltra
Jan 27th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Sanchez is strange, i'm not sure yet if i like that decision. But on the other hand it could have been a worse coach.
Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into it. The good thing is she has a permanent travelling coach now, which her father wasn't. And Sanchez might give a better (psychological) on-court coaching. But I don't see a major impact in the short-term. First and foremost Sabine needs to start winning matches again and get back some decent form. Usually, you would think a player who has won just 2 matches in 6 months is in a deep slump. Sabine's recent appearances were a bit misleading in that regard. She has patches of great play, but the way she crumbled during the Wozniacki match made it pretty clear how fragile her confidence is atm.

Well according to Wikipedia Sabine's father has an education for ''sport sciences''. It maybe different from Caro but I still think that women need some professional coaches being former players or etc. I may be wrong but name me a consistent top player coached by father !? Sharapova's career also went up higher when her father stopped being a factor in it ! Fathers give some security or confidence but it's proved that they can never make great champions. Sabine has no slam. So then ? Something has to change cause she is a great talent.

But right now Sabine has to fight for a top 50 spot, aim at a GS seeding the next months. And can't dream of big titles. ;)

JohnMcP
Jan 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Malek can be a tricky opponent with all of the slices and Sabs is adjusting to a new coach. Don't know if Sanchez has been working on her grips and strokes but I think a slight adjustment to her grip would do her good. Anyway, there should be some adjustments early on so we don't need to get discouraged if there is not immediate progress. Just need to take it one match at a time.

Ziva
Jan 27th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Yes one match at a time, step by step and we will see how far ir goes.

Dorien.
Jan 27th, 2013, 08:13 PM
She should win that first match. Good luck :rocker:

Mike81
Jan 28th, 2013, 04:29 AM
I hope she can win a few rounds here atleast

KatjaS
Jan 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
2nd match after 14:00 on Court 2.

Lisickifan84
Jan 28th, 2013, 12:54 PM
2nd match after 14:00 on Court 2.

But there won't be TV coverage?

mk27
Jan 28th, 2013, 01:00 PM
No coverage before Saturday from Pattaya

Lisickifan84
Jan 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM
No coverage before Saturday from Pattaya

Danke. Hm naja wozu hab ich dann 2 Monate TennisTV gekauft wenn da nur 3 Spiele gezeigt werden :rolleyes:

KatjaS
Jan 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Sabine's draw has opened up even further, Beck lost, Hsieh lost and Begu retired. This really is a golden opportunity for her to score some points and lots of confidence.

R1 Malek
R2 Panova
QF Wongteanchai/Erakovic

You can't ask for a better draw.

But there won't be TV coverage?

Unless someone finds a local TV station streaming this, no.

tennisfreak13
Jan 28th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Danke. Hm naja wozu hab ich dann 2 Monate TennisTV gekauft wenn da nur 3 Spiele gezeigt werden :rolleyes:

Naja wenn Sabine bei zwei von den drei Spielen beteiligt ist, ist doch alles super.:) Das gleiche heute bei Paris. :o

Bino
Jan 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
You can't ask for a better draw.

It looks really nice but please don't take Bine too much under pressure.

Unless someone finds a local TV station streaming this, no.
We will have to look for tomorrow. It's quite possible.

Mike81
Jan 29th, 2013, 02:04 AM
The pressure all on Bine no matter what her fans say. Only 2 wins from the last 10 matches, she has to get back to dealing with the lesser names.

Dorien.
Jan 29th, 2013, 09:40 AM
She won 62 63 :yeah:

Schnffy
Jan 29th, 2013, 09:54 AM
good first win :cheer: sabine should get back on the winning track in the next matches...

crazillo
Jan 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Good start! :)

Mike81
Jan 29th, 2013, 10:01 AM
First win with new coach, only way is up :)

Bino
Jan 29th, 2013, 10:10 AM
:yeah: Great bine! So mentally strong avoiding choke at 5-3 15-40

Ziva
Jan 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Won in two, choked a bit in the end, but came thru :)

Schnffy
Jan 29th, 2013, 10:35 AM
@sabinelisicki
Won my match 62 63. A few easy errors in the second set but overall very good! Tomorrow next match!!

Michael!
Jan 29th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Good start for Sabine! :)!
Probably lost focus a bit at 5-1 in 2nd set but scoreline is totally ok!
But Malek wasn´t a good opponent tbh, Sabine had to win it in two clear sets, Panova and then especially Erakovic will be better tests for sure!!

Bino
Jan 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Good start for Sabine! :)!
Probably lost focus a bit at 5-1 in 2nd set but scoreline is totally ok!
But Malek wasn´t a good opponent tbh, Sabine had to win it in two clear sets, Panova and then especially Erakovic will be better tests for sure!!
Malek was the first opponent out of TOP 20 this year and Bine won it clearly.

She's in a good form for sure. She lost vs Worlds Nr. 1 Azarenka in a close Match missing just the big points. TOP 20 Safarova (well, not in best form) was a clear victory and vs. World Nr 10 Wozniacki she was the better player most of the time (without happy end).

There's no reason to be skeptical :cool:

Wert.
Jan 29th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Good win, keep it up. :clap2:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Don't get too comfy Sabs - Sanchez will be a hard taskmaster.

KatjaS
Jan 30th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Her match is suspended due to rain. Unless the weather improves there they might run into some scheduling problems, they still have to play some unfinished matches from yesterday. Weird that they would start only at 15:00 if they are already running late with the schedule..

KatjaS
Jan 30th, 2013, 11:46 AM
No match today.

Geekking
Jan 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
http://images.zaazu.com/img/Rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley-emoticon-000400-large.gif

KatjaS
Jan 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
No matches at all today. That schedule is going to be a mess, they're not done with R1 and have just 4 days left.

KatjaS
Jan 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
3rd after 10:00

KatjaS
Jan 31st, 2013, 08:44 AM
It's still raining. It's almost 16:00 on thursday and they are not done with R1. :lol:

crazillo
Jan 31st, 2013, 01:48 PM
I think this must have been a good performance by Lisicki, winning 7-5 6-2 againt Panova in a match dominated by serves.

Sabinator.
Jan 31st, 2013, 02:00 PM
13 aces, only 1 df, 67% 1st serves, 76 and 77%(!) winning on 1st and 2nd serve, and NO serve lost. Absolutely fantastic! :worship:

Won my match 75 62 after long rain delays. Happy with the way I served. Playing first at 3pm vs Erakovic tomorrow! Auf geht's!!

Bino
Jan 31st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Statistics tell us she was dominating the match even without first serve. Amazing 77 percentage second serve points! So she must be very confident from the baseline, too! Would be curious to see relation winners/UEs.

Michael!
Jan 31st, 2013, 04:54 PM
Nice win! :)
Tough to judge her, performance as we couldn´t see it but serve was working obviously.
13 aces, 1 DF only, high 1st serve percentage and even made almost 80% of the pts over 2nd serve, that´s really great.
But as I said before, she had a good draw here, Malek and Panova she just had to beat but the scorelines in those matches were OK so I guess she is playing on a good level. Return wasn´t that great maybe as Sabine, especially in 1st set but 2nd set was better then there as well.

Her opponents getting stronger, Erakovic next, H2H is 1-1, both matches on clay...last time she lost to her in Rome but that was her first match back then after she had to retire in Charleston.
I hope that she can beat her this time again. Erakovic has a dangerous serve as well when it´s working but that´s not always the case.
Anyway, Sabine has a great chance to reach the final here, if she plays well, hope she can take her chances this time!!

KatjaS
Jan 31st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Hantuchova is out. Her possible SF opponents are Bratchikova (#130) or Morita. Really good choice by Sabine to play here, a final would get her back into the Top 40.

Dorien.
Jan 31st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Well done Sabine :)

Schnffy
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM
@sabinelisicki
Won my match in 3 sets! Fought it out and that feels great!! Tomorrow semis. Looking forward to it!!

:bounce:

KatjaS
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM
Bratchikova it is.

crazillo
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Bratchikova should be easier than Morita IMO.

Lisickifan84
Feb 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM
Bratchikova should be easier than Morita IMO.

Can you say something about her strengts/weaknesses?

mk27
Feb 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM
Solid win and good comeback after the 1st set :)

SF should be streamed

Ian Aberdon
Feb 1st, 2013, 01:20 PM
Is this the Sanchez effect already? Or is it the rewards for working her ass off close season? I definitely notice a difference in her. Let's hope it reaps rewards for her!

Sabinator.
Feb 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sabine raised to 44 ranking now :yeah: And when she will reach the final, will probably jump to Top40 :)

crazillo
Feb 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Can you say something about her strengts/weaknesses?

I've only seen her at last year's US Open against Radwanska and I was not impressed. Heavy groundstrokes but pretty erratic.

Michael!
Feb 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Good fight from Sabine! :D
IMO those wins are very important for her, matches in which she doesn´t play her best but still is able to fight through and win, that´s why it was a good decision anyway to play Pattaya and Memphis instead of some bigger tournaments. She just needs matches and she needs wins to get some confidence, mental toughness back etc.
Seems like her serve was quite off today, especially towards the end of the 1st/start of 2nd set but after that it got better and Sabine is 100% fit it seems, so playing in the heat of Pattaya wasn´t a problem in 3rd set also! :)

Bratchikova next, couldn´t be better but here and there the Russian can play some good tennis. As crazillo said above, she has heavy groundstrokes and it´s not easy to play her but normally she just is too erratic but you never know what u get...hope Sabine shows a good match and ran reach the final!!!

rucolo
Feb 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Sabine into Pattaya SF ! :cheer:

Is this the Sanchez effect already?

Could be. Sanchez was very good for Jankovic and Petrova who is very difficult to coach. He makes the players play more relaxed and have more fun during matches. A very good motivator, at least that`s my impression. Sanchez also is very emotional during matches, show lots of emotion with jumping, screaming, fistpumping. He is no robot like other coaches. Maybe that`s good for Sabine. Petrova looked more motivated and confident with him. Bratchikova next, nothing special. A loss to her would be disappointing.

Schnffy
Feb 1st, 2013, 05:11 PM
2nd match after 2pm tomorrow

Michael!
Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Lisicki def. Bratchikova 75 63 :)

Great to see Sabine in a final again!
1st set was a mess, many breaks and UEs but Sabine was able to win it at least and it was clear before that we won´t see many longer rallies between those two.
2nd set was better, Sabine served strong and the win was never in doubt in the end.
We´ll see what she can do in the final, hope she plays Kirilenko and not Cirstea, that would be just another ugly match up. She will be the underdog anyway but I hope that she can show a good match at least, hope her serve works tomorrow a bit earlier than today.

Mike81
Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Sabine was playing well in the early games but letting herself down with her serve and unforced errors on break points. Fortunately Bratchikova could not make her pay for them and then she finally stepped up the serve and still broke her opponent easily enough when needed.

Final will be interesting against Kiri or Cirstea, two of my other faves. I can't remember her playing Kiri before but as we know she's not done well v Sorana before. Now would be a good time to change that in the final! Happy she's in a final, the draw has been good but most people still would have doubted Sabine's ability to win 4 matches in a row on this surface even with these opponents. I think she has a new focus and confidence with Sanchez there, he will not accept the kind of form she showed late last year.

Bodensee
Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Normally Lisicki should win easily against a player like Bratchikova (Number 130 of the world). She had more problems as expected. I would say Lisicki is not really in a good form. The new coach has a lot of work to do.

Mike81
Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
I don't think anyone is pretending that she's close to the form she's capable of being in. You can only compare relevant to the form she was in, which was winning only 2 matches from her last 10 prior to this tournament. It's not like she's going to flick a switch and find her best form, similar to that of the middle of the 2011 season. It will take time and for now just getting some wins again is positive for her confidence.

Geekking
Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:17 AM
It feels so good to see your #1 player to reach a final in a tournament. Thanks for that Sabine.

But, I want to criticize her game. First, Nina is an ITF level player and the game she played against her was not that good. When she find her serve Sabine can hold her game but if not :help:
She got broken her serve 3 times in the 1st set against Nina :scared:
The main problem is she cant play the crucial points. She is boom boom girl but it doesn't mean to hit all balls hard like a baseball player. Whenever she tried a hard return winner against Nina's serve she put the balls to the net :help:
She was lucky she played weak players this week and this didn't hurt her much but if you do the same against big players and you throw these chances this won't be good for her. She must wait for the right time to hit the ball hard instead of trying always. After her new coach, I realized she is coming inside the court and sometimes to the net more to finish points this tactic works so good :clap2: I hope she adds more varieties to her game like more drop shots, volleys etc. This is her first tournament and week with Ricardo and each passing day she will play better with his help. I hope she wins the title but against Kirilenko it won't be an easy match. Good luck Sabine :)

Ian Aberdon
Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Winning ugly though is a good habit to acquire.

Schnffy
Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
@sabinelisicki
Won my match in straight sets today!! Playing the final tomorrow! So looking forward to it thx for the great support out there

crazillo
Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Confidence can still do wonders to her game but the result doesn't sound very convincing.

wagner1912
Feb 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
We must celebrate that she is winning consecutive games beyond their rivals, should not be criticized because she plays with rivals considered "easy".Everyone knew what was the situation of Bine, go play in Pattaya was the best that could have done. Appreciate that after a while she is taking decisions to grow as a player. These games serve to revive their confidence that had virtually disappeared, and I think if there is a match for her to return to a high level no doubt rival Kirilenko is indicated because it is very consistent and is in a very high level. It is very difficult but you never know Bine. Now that he has returned to a final is a good thing and it makes me happy for her after so many frustrations, she should enjoy this time :)

rucolo
Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Sabine into Pattaya final ! :bounce:

Normally Lisicki should win easily against a player like Bratchikova (Number 130 of the world). She had more problems as expected. I would say Lisicki is not really in a good form. The new coach has a lot of work to do.

yeah, only a close win against Bratchikova. Not convincing. But we should be happy about the important ranking points for Sabine. And the won matches here should give her more confidence. Sabine had a pretty easy draw: Malek, Panova, Erakovic, Bratchikova. The final vs Kirilenko will tell us more.

Schnffy
Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
the final starts at 4pm tomorrow

Queensy
Feb 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Good Run!! Go get that trophy Lisicki girll :cool:

Dorien.
Feb 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
I'm happy she is winning but not so happy with the scoreline. Hopefully she can play better in the final.

Tennis Fool
Feb 2nd, 2013, 10:37 PM
Impressed with Sabine's turnaround at this tournament!

Danars
Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
She played a nice final and made a good comeback, but the Shake-Hands was too bitchy :rolleyes:

KatjaS
Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
I'd be more upset if she wasn't pissed off after that end.

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father
Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Summary:
Fantastic fight. Fucking tiebreak.

Tennis Fool
Feb 3rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Sabine should be happy with this performance--she should continue to make up rankings points in Doha.

Bino
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
I'd be more upset if she wasn't pissed off after that end.
Because she finally has nothing to reproach herself except losing her first serve. That she was disappointed it was visible.

CillyUltra
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Sabine should be happy with this performance--she should continue to make up rankings points in Doha.

Yeah, great tournament for Sabine. I guess, only very few people expected her to make the final with these badly needed routine wins and to get back a winning feeling as Mike81 wrote. In the end, she clearly lacked experience in these crucial matches against top players. But all in all a step in the right direction of course. I hope Fed Cup won't knock her off course again if she performs poorly there.

Bodensee
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
I was surprised, that the match was so close, after that what i saw against Bratchikova. But Kirilenko also played not her best tennis. Lisicki improved her game/service at the end. After 6:5 she had all chances with her own serve. But we saw a Déjà vu of Wimbledon 2012 against Kerber or Australian Open 2013 against Wozniacki.

Mike81
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Positives:
Won 4 matches
Made a final
Experience under new coach
Showed fight in the final despite capitulation

Negatives
Another mid match meltdown
Against a high ranked player again lost in pressure games
Serve goes missing and her game goes missing
Shot selection still very poor at times

CillyUltra
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
I was surprised, that the match was so close, after that what i saw against Bratchikova. But Kirilenko also played not her best tennis. Lisicki improved hat game/service at the end. After 6:5 she had all chances with her own serve. But we saw a Déjà vu of Wimbledon 2012 against Kerber or Australian Open 2013 against Wozniacki.

That's nonsense to compare it with the Wozniacki match where her confidence hit rock-bottom and her game completely fell apart in the 3rd.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Well, overall I see this tournament as a step forward. Not a ginormous step but a good step nevertheless. It's early with Sanchez, but maybe his influence is starting to take effect.

I would expect her to be disappointed at missing her chances & going missing for a set and a half, & doubtless if we can see it, then Sanchez (if he is worth his salt) can see it too. I'm sure Sabine by appointing him knew work was required hence bringing him in.

So whilst disappointed at her loss in the final, I do feel there are positives. Work in progress - but progress. Let's build upon it.

Sabinator.
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:38 PM

She isn't playing Doha. Her next tournaments - Fed Cup, Memphis, IW, Miami.

Schnffy
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
@sabinelisicki
Disappointed to lose in 3rd set tiebreaker but still a great tournament! Lots of positives to take from here!!!

Ziva
Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
. I hope Fed Cup won't knock her off course again if she performs poorly there.

This is my biggest fear, last year her downfall began right after that FC Tie loss :(

Schnffy
Feb 3rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
On my way to the airport! Thanks for so many great memories Thailand!! Fed Cup is next

Michael!
Feb 3rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
annoying defeat :( :lol:
I guess we saw it all again in one match, good 1st set on a high level, chances for an early lead in 2nd set and then she totally fucked it up and played like shit before she finds some rhythm again in 3rd set..and then it just reminded me somehow of the Kerber Match at Wimbledon..that just shouldn´t happen, from 2-5 to *6-5 and then she has no serve, gets broken back immediately and the it was obvious that she would play an awful TB..

anyway, final was a great result here still, she had an easy draw but showed some good tennis as well, of course, still too many up´s and down´s, hits 10 aces or more in almost every match but then again is hardly able to hold serve here and there..great winners , horrible UEs etc.
Much work to do for Sanchez but that was obvious!
But she said it herself, many positive things she can take from that week, FedCup next, another good test for Sabine, will be interesting to see how she handles the pressure there and after that she plays Memphis, a tournament where she should be able to get some wins again!!

Dorien.
Feb 3rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
What a way to lose a final :sad:
At least she had some wins and hopefully it's only going better from now on.

CillyUltra
Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM
Well, overall I see this tournament as a step forward. Not a ginormous step but a good step nevertheless. It's early with Sanchez, but maybe his influence is starting to take effect.

I would expect her to be disappointed at missing her chances & going missing for a set and a half, & doubtless if we can see it, then Sanchez (if he is worth his salt) can see it too. I'm sure Sabine by appointing him knew work was required hence bringing him in.

So whilst disappointed at her loss in the final, I do feel there are positives. Work in progress - but progress. Let's build upon it.

Sanchez is good at on-court coaching, that's where he's best atm. Maybe he can raise her game in the long-term, but for now the main goal has to be to let Sabine play as many matches as possible, which she has done far too little over the past years.

rucolo
Feb 6th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I hope Fed Cup won't knock her off course again if she performs poorly there.

That`s my biggest fear. Hope Sabine can win 1 Fed Cup match :unsure:

The problem is there is a lot of pressure and the tie is on clay :tape:

KatjaS
Feb 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Fed Cup:

Saturday against Parmentier, sunday against Mladenovic.

Sabinator.
Feb 8th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Time for revenge from last year Strasbourg :armed:

WimbleBine
Feb 10th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Sie hat gewonnen gegen Parmetier!

Dorien.
Feb 10th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Nice weekend for her :)

rucolo
Feb 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Congrats for winning the Fed Cup match, Sabine ! :yeah:

Important win. Also Germany won the tie. This should give her confidence ;)

Bino
Feb 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Bine seems to be first seeded in Memphis! I am looking very forward to that event.

Lisickinator
Feb 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM
She will be seeded third. Flipkens and Arvidsson will be the top seeds.

Bino
Feb 14th, 2013, 03:27 PM
That is even better. So she has not so much pressure :)

Schnffy
Feb 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
bine got her bag :yippee: after 4 days...what a shitty airline :mad:

@sabinelisicki
FINALLY got my bag! In time to unpack and pack it again before leaving for Memphis tomorrow! :-)

Bino
Feb 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Oh it seems she has a lot of stress the next two days ;) but fortunately she is now able to practice again!!

WimbleBine
Feb 15th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Echt unmöglich. Gerade bei wichtigen Passagieren müssen die doch aufpassen mit den Taschen.

Bino
Feb 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Does anybody know if the hard court in Memphis is slow or fast? I hope it is a faster one.

Sabinator.
Feb 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM
JNuW3g1Bbpc

You can see here it's quite fast. I think it's just the normal US hard-court indoors.

mk27
Feb 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Does anybody know if the hard court in Memphis is slow or fast? I hope it is a faster one.

It's one of the fastest courts on the WTA tour.

Bino
Feb 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Thank you guys. That's quite good for Bine. It was the right decision to play Memphis. I am looking forward watching Bine there :)

Surprised how well Arvidson plays on that surface.

Bino
Feb 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Bine in first round vs. qualifier. SF seeded against Flipkens.

Ziva
Feb 16th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Sabines quarter:

Lisicki vs Q
Czink vs Puchkova
Duval vs Larsson
Collins vs Mladenovic

First round is always the hardest for her, also there are some players in Q which could hurt her.
2nd round could be tricky too....

Tennis Fool
Feb 16th, 2013, 01:53 AM
She has nothing to defend here, so it's a great opportunity to pick up points!

Mike81
Feb 16th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Hopefully the mix up with her bag hasn't disrupted her preparation too much! should expect another good tournament here for Bine.

TimeyWimey
Feb 16th, 2013, 05:32 AM
memphis' always been one of my least fav tournie, hope I would change my mind this time (and final time) :lol:

really nothing to say about the draw, well, Bine is the top seed, what else can we say :p

Carsten
Feb 16th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Sabines quarter:

Lisicki vs Q
Czink vs Puchkova
Duval vs Larsson
Collins vs Mladenovic

First round is always the hardest for her, also there are some players in Q which could hurt her.
2nd round could be tricky too....

She can make every opponent a tricky one :lol: But this draw is really good and if she plays well it should be no problem to reach the SF.

KatjaS
Feb 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Smart decision to play these MMs. Should help her build ranking points and confidence. There is absolutely nobody in this field that can match Sabine's ability if she keeps her head screwed on the right way.

Michael!
Feb 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Keys would be the toughest qualifier, not that Sabine can´t beat her but I would still prefer some other qualifier for her first match, Czink or Puchkova shouldn´t be a big problem in 2nd round.
Good draw in general! :)

JohnMcP
Feb 16th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Keys would be the only big threat in the qualifiers -- it looks like she may be on the verge of breaking through. Not that Sabine can't find a way to lose against any of the others, but if she focuses on her game, she should be ok. I think Sanchez is getting her to focus more on the process than the results, which is what she constantly referred to during her great run in 2011.

Bino
Feb 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Does it depend on the ranking or do they draw lots to decide what qualifier Bine is playing?

Lisickinator
Feb 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM
It's completely random which qualifier she gets.

Bino
Feb 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Ok thank you! Bine has to fear nobody but I also would prefer everyone than Keys.

Sabinator.
Feb 16th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Yep, every player except Keys will be quite good.

Schnffy
Feb 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
@sabinelisicki
On my way to Memphis

Mike81
Feb 17th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Only Bine doubting herself and not performing on the day could stop Bine from atleast making sf's in this draw.

Schnffy
Feb 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
@sabinelisicki
Early bird catches the worm... 6:30am practice. Now a little nap

mk27
Feb 17th, 2013, 08:20 PM
1st round against Keys

crazillo
Feb 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Ugh.

Ziva
Feb 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM
shit

war so klar

KatjaS
Feb 17th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Oh man...

maartenround
Feb 17th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Hopefully the match is tomorrow and Keys is tired ugh

Ziva
Feb 17th, 2013, 09:19 PM
no it's not tomorrow

maartenround
Feb 17th, 2013, 09:20 PM
:(

Bino
Feb 17th, 2013, 09:34 PM
No matter Bine! If she's focussed on her own game she hasn't to fear anybody in this draw. Of course, Keys is the strongest opponent at all but I feel that Bine will have a good week.

Bino
Feb 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Keys doesn't like it if she plays an opponent taking her under pressure. Then Keys will make errors and that must be the key against keys for Bine :)

WimbleBine
Feb 18th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Wann spielt Bine denn?

Ziva
Feb 18th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Morgen, zeit is noch nicht raus.

mk27
Feb 18th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Doch, der Plan für morgen ist bereits draußen

Bino
Feb 18th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Sie spielt Center Court (Stadium), das zweite Match nach 17.00 Uhr. Also ws. so gegen 19 Uhr.

Daumen drücken, wird nicht ganz einfach werden für sie.

KatjaS
Feb 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Looks like there won't be any streams from center court today. :(

supermod
Feb 19th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Looks like there won't be any streams from center court today. :(

:mad: Even Bogota has streams from two courts.

KatjaS
Feb 19th, 2013, 05:44 PM
It's really weird, especially considering that this is also an ATP 500.

First match finished (Melzer...), hers should start soon.

SeMany
Feb 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
wirklich ein prima resultat für sabine...wenn wir bedenken wie gut madison keys in australien gespielt hat...das war für mich das schwerste los bis zum halbfinale...hoffen wir mal es geht so gut weiter:worship:

Schnffy
Feb 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM
@RickRoswell
Sabine Lisicki said she had never seen Madison Keys play before playing her today. Didn't know what to expect. #Memphistennis

@Boomer_8
@RickRoswell I am more impressed she adapted quite fast... BTW did Sabine ask for her coach first set?

@RickRoswell
@Boomer_8 Yea in the middle of the first set- it seemed to work

@Boomer_8
@RickRoswell I knew it :) he really made difference for her last weeks

@RickRoswell
@Boomer_8 Plus she said she had been sick - fells healthy now

Schnffy
Feb 19th, 2013, 08:42 PM
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/1361305958_7803_mLisicki1.jpg

Lisicki serves her way into the second round in Memphis

Using a serves that topped out on the radar at at 124mph, Sabine Lisicki knocked out young American Madison Keys in straight sets on Tuesday at the U.S. National Indoor Championships in Memphis.

While Keys hit the most impressive shots of the match with blistering ground strokes, Lisicki relied on her experience and the variety in her game to take the 7-5, 6-3 victory. A now healthy Lisicki is going to be a tough out on the quick indoor courts of the Racquet Club of Memphis, apparently even with a slow start.

"I think I didn't start serving so well, but I did the right things at the right time," offered up the German-born Lisicki. "That is what it takes sometimes."

While Lisicki has been a fixture on the WTA Tour for years and all the players have seen her play, Lisicki surprisingly said she had never seen Keys play.

I didn't know how she was playing, so I had to get used to her," said Lisicki. "I had never seen her play, so I had to make adjustments."

Keys, on the other hand had seen her opponent numerous times and knew what to expect.

"I've obviously seen her play, and feel we play similarly," pointed out Keys after the match.

When a reporter mentioned to Lisicki she hit a serve that topped out at that 124 mark on the radar gun, Lisicki smiled and said she saw that as well.

She said she will continue to go for serves and she's pleased with the way she is serving.

As for the rest of her game, she feels it's all coming together.

"I played the finals in Pattaya City and lost 7-6 in the third set, and I could've won that match," explained Lisicki.

She also said she was battling a sickness, but now that has cleared up and she's looking for a big week in Memphis.

If she keeps playing like this, Lisicki should find herself serving big in Saturday night's finals.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lisicki-serves-her-way-into-the-second-round-memphis

Schnffy
Feb 19th, 2013, 08:42 PM
@sabinelisicki
Happy with my win today. Next one tomorrow! Lets go

:)

KatjaS
Feb 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM
3rd match after 10:00 (17:00 CET) on Grandstand. Today they had a stream from there.

Bino
Feb 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM
And she cares about Annika in Memphis ;)

Her next opponent is Melinda Czink. Have never seen her playing, left-handed, wta ranking 105.
First match vs. Puchkova 46 63 63.

Mike81
Feb 19th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I didn't follow the match live (wasn't streamed anyway) but happy with the result, I think alot of people thought she might lose but she's more focused now under her new coach.

6 wins from her last 7 matches now for Bine. Sure beats her previous form :cool:

Tennis Fool
Feb 20th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Sabine, great win :yeah:

Schnffy
Feb 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM
LISICKI MOVES ON IN MEMPHIS

MEMPHIS, TN, USA - Sabine Lisicki showed another example that she is returning to the form that saw her reach No.12 in the world last year in fending off the challenge of rising American star Madison Keys on Tuesday at the US National Indoor Tennis Championships.

Though the 18-year old Keys climbed to a career-high No.79 this week, the veteran Lisicki is on her own hot streak. The World No.40 was a runner-up at her last WTA event in Pattaya City and followed that up with a win for Germany in Fed Cup action. And now with 75 63 defeat of Keys in her opener here, in which she rallied from a 5-3 first set deficit, she has been victorious in six of her last seven matches.

"I didn't serve too well in the beginning," the third-seeded Lisicki said. "But I executed at the right moments and broke her when she was serving for the first set, and everything went well from there on. I had never seen her play, so I had to get used to her style, and once I did that, things went well."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3082270/title/lisicki-moves-on-in-memphis

No. 3 Lisicki unlocks Keys' serve to win

At 23, Sabine Lisicki has been around long enough to know how to handle facing a tennis opponent for the first time.

What works best for the 40th-ranked WTA player is to adjust on the fly. Facing 18-year-old Madison Keys for the first time Tuesday in their first-round match in the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships, the No. 3-seeded Lisicki spent the first set feeling Keys out. By the end of the set, Lisicki’s adjustments allowed her to put away Keys, 7-5, 6-3.

“If you don’t know how someone plays, you just have to go in and see what happens and then adjust to it,” Lisicki said. “In the beginning, I didn’t handle her second serve well. Later on, toward then end of the first set, I played pretty decent.”

Early on, Keys caught Lisicki off guard with her serve. Keys scored points on her first 12 serves that helped her jump out to a 4-2 lead in the first set.

“I think I was staying pretty calm,” said Keys, a qualifier. “I had a good idea of what I wanted to do. Everything was working and I was serving well.”

But by her fifth service game, Lisicki had figured out Keys’ serve. With Keys leading 5-4 and serving for the set, Lisicki won four straight points to break serve.

She then closed out the set by holding serve and breaking Keys again.

“That was an important point in the match,” Lisicki said of breaking Keys the first time. “I could turn the match around. When you’re serving for the set, you want to get your service game through. I think it was good of me to break her at that point. It gave me a lot of confidence.”

With her confidence high, Lisicki began unleashing her big first serve, which topped out at 124 mph.

“I felt more comfortable,” she said. “When I play well, it’s hard for a lot of people to play their game. I’m an aggressive player. It’s not easy to play me.”

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/feb/19/no-3-lisicki-unlocks-keys-serve-to-win/?partner=RSS&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Schnffy
Feb 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM
@sabinelisicki
Strange feeling when there are Sheriffs as security for you on court... But definitely feeling secure!#newexperience #memphis

:D

Schnffy
Feb 20th, 2013, 09:50 AM
bine's hitting partner today: ;)

@jwoogdog (https://twitter.com/jwoogdog)
Hitting with Sabine Lisicki tomorrow morning #bigtime

supermod
Feb 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Her next opponent is Melinda Czink. Have never seen her playing, left-handed, wta ranking 105.
First match vs. Puchkova 46 63 63.

I have only seen Czink at the AO in recent months - and she was blasted of the court by Ivanovic.

If Sabine plays at an acceptable level, she should win this comfortably in two sets.

Michael!
Feb 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Czink´s best times are over it seems, her latest results were quite bad, Sabine should win this in two sets!
H2H is 3-1 for Lisicki but all 4 matches over 3 sets, Sabine always had some trouble with Melinda but as I said, this time it should be a bit easier...:unsure:

Dorien.
Feb 20th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Good she got a first win :) Hopefully some more :rocker: I would say Czink would be easier. But you never know.

KatjaS
Feb 20th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Won. Next match tomorrow or friday against (most likely) Mladenovic. Another big hitter.

Michael!
Feb 20th, 2013, 09:25 PM
tougher than expected but seems like Czink vs Lisicki is always close :lol:
Great to see that she was able to play her best tennis in the TB in 1st set, she wasn´t good on return in first two sets but Czink also played some good tennis today.
1st serve still good, 14 aces again today, some problems over 2nd serve but got better there in 3rd set also.
Good to see that she didn´t have those big up´s and down´s today where she suddenly loses her serve 3 or 4 times in a row :lol:

Mladenovic or Duval next, probably Mladenovic, tough but beatable for sure.
Good decision to play Memphis, she just needs matches and wins to get some confidence back but the draw is still quite tough but good playing Sabine can win the title here, no doubt about that.

Memphis has Saturday final for women, so she will play tomorrow for sure.

mk27
Feb 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM
QF against Mladenovic

JohnMcP
Feb 20th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Yes, Sabine will play tomorrow -- I would have said definitely against Mladenovic who has been playing very good tennis, but 17-yr old Vicki Duval is neck and neck in the third set. :eek: Hope Sabine can beat whoever it is because no coverage in US until Semis on Friday on Tennis Channel.

JohnMcP
Feb 20th, 2013, 10:07 PM
QF against Mladenovic

You beat me to the news:lol: Funny how I am only five hours away from this tournament but must get my most updated news from Europe!

mk27
Feb 20th, 2013, 11:06 PM
1st match on CC against Mladenovic (10:00 AM local time)

Schnffy
Feb 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
@sabinelisicki
Won in 3 sets today. Happy the way I served and played- esp the 3rd set! Next one tomorrow! Auf geht's!
..and finally after 3 hours I'm done with a doping control once again... Finally off to the hotel

ente73
Feb 21st, 2013, 03:55 PM
Once again no live stream from Centre Court?

Sabinator.
Feb 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Once again no live stream from Centre Court?

No. :o

Bino
Feb 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM
:sad:

Bino
Feb 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
:sad:
:)

Sabinator.
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM
63 63 over Mladenovic and thru to the semis :cheer:

KatjaS
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM
The match tomorrow against (most likely) Flipkens will be probably more difficult than a potential final, Flipkens is a tricky opponent and Sabine really will have to keep her focus and not get annoyed.

Edit: Well, nevermind. Rybarikova it is. This just got a lot easier.

Rybarikova in the SF, Vögele/Hampton/Erakovic in the final. Sabine is a lot better than any of those players, and so far this year she seems to discard lesser players quite handily. :cheer:

Schnffy
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:50 PM
mladenovic on twitter:
Lost 63 63 to Lisicki @memphistennis my serv was not working today and still close match and occasions! Taugh to play her indoor #welldone

Bino
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:53 PM
No it's Rybarikova in 3.

Schnffy
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:53 PM
@sabinelisicki
Another win and another semis tomorrow!! Auf geht's! Thx for the support here @memphistennis !

Sabinator.
Feb 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM
Sabine will face Rybarikova who prevailed in Battle-of-slices against Flipkens after really crazy match :lol:

chaton
Feb 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM
Solid win over Mladenovic.

I prefer a lot Rybarikova than Flipkens. The Head 2 Head is 2-1 Sabine.

Dorien.
Feb 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Well done Sabine :cheer:

maurysicki
Feb 21st, 2013, 07:24 PM
Well done Sabine :cheer:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

JohnMcP
Feb 21st, 2013, 07:43 PM
:bounce: Now at least I think I will actually be able to watch her play. :hearts: In the U.S., Tennis Channel is showing the first semifinal tape-delayed at 12:00 CST tomorrow. (I don't think the second semifinal will be shown until Sunday:confused:) Anyway, isn't Sabine playing in the first semifinal since she is in the upper bracket?

Patrick345
Feb 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM
:bounce: Now at least I think I will actually be able to watch her play. :hearts: In the U.S., Tennis Channel is showing the first semifinal tape-delayed at 12:00 CST tomorrow. (I don't think the second semifinal will be shown until Sunday:confused:) Anyway, isn't Sabine playing in the first semifinal since she is in the upper bracket?

American tennis coverage sucks. I wonder how awful IW/Miami will be again. :rolleyes:

KatjaS
Feb 21st, 2013, 08:38 PM
2nd match after 10:00 on Center Court.

Bino
Feb 21st, 2013, 08:59 PM
Oh no! I have to leave tomorrow at 7:30 pm German Time. I guess the match starts at 7 pm eariest :(

So Bine has to reach final but I have no doubt about it :)

JohnMcP
Feb 21st, 2013, 09:32 PM

I'm not certain, but I think this also means that the Tennis Channel won't be showing Sabine's match tomorrow (it's starting at about the same time as the listed broadcast but the broadcast is listed as "tape-delayed." I think they are showing the 10:00 match so they can adjust the time to cram it into a 2-hour slot rather than show it live.

Mike81
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:23 PM
It's looking good even though I've just seen scores and stats so far. Don't want to be a mock but Sabine should win this tournament.

Tennis Fool
Feb 22nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Go Sabine!

Sabinator.
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Sabine's match is showing here, so there's a chance for a stream (18:30 my time) :)

http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

rucolo
Feb 22nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Sabine into Memphis SF ! :cheer:

Her new coach Ricardo Sanchez seems to be perfect for her. He also helped Jankovic and Petrova a lot, gave them more confidence and motivation. Also the Fed Cup vs France was very good for Sabine. Hope she can reach the final. Sabine is a much better player than Rybarikova.

KatjaS
Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
The previous match is finished, Erakovic (who Sabine defeated in the Pattaya QF) is waiting in the final. Sabine's match should start soon.

Ziva
Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
No stream again, they just said bye and will be back for the final :mad:

Sabinator.
Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
I think there WILL be a stream but with no commentators. :)

Ziva
Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
That would be nice, they haven't shut down the cameras so far

Sabinator.
Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
So... there will be a whole match from that camera angle? :unsure: Meh, better this than nothing :lol:

maartenround
Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Bine df. Rybarikova 7-5, 7,5. In the final.

Dorien.
Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Good she is showing some fighting spirit :yeah:

Schnffy
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
Things won't get any easier as next up is No.3 seed Sabine Lisicki, who edged No.7 seed Magdalena Rybarikova, 75 75. Lisicki was on the verge of losing both sets - Rybarikova led 5-2 in the first set with set point, and again led 5-4 in the second set with set point - but the German fought back every time, winning the last five games of the first set and the last three games of the second set to power through to the final.

"I think I was fighting very well today," Lisicki said. "I was down 2-5 in the first set but kept fighting for every point - I lost in the semifinals the last time I played here three years ago, so I wanted to do a little bit better this time. That definitely helped me get through this match."

Lisicki is in her seventh WTA final and has gone 3-3 in her first six, with titles at Charleston in 2009 and Birmingham and Dallas in 2011 (and runner-up finishes at Tashkent in 2008, Luxembourg in 2009 and Pattaya City just a few weeks ago). Two of her three WTA titles have come on American soil.

Lisicki leads Erakovic in their head-to-head, 2-1, including a win in the quarterfinals of Pattaya City a few weeks ago. But they've all been close matches - all three meetings have gone to three sets.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3085834/title/erakovic-lisicki-into-memphis-final

maartenround
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM
FINAL:
S/Lisicki vs. M/Erakovic
7pm U.S time.
1am U.K time.
2am GER time.

:bounce::wavey::lol:
Have a lot of energy saving to do to stay up for that one..

GO BINE! :worship::devil:

Michael!
Feb 22nd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Good fight from Sabine, great to see her reaching two finals in a row :yeah:

Some up´s and down´s in her match today but nice to see that she was able to come back in both sets, seems like her serve didn´t work great again today but seems like her return was on fire.
Good decision anyway to play Memphis, should beat Erakovic as well, Sabine is much more experienced in finals and is the better player anyway, hope that she stays mentally strong and hope that her serve works a bit better again, could be tough if Erakovic has a good day on her own serve and with Sabine u never can be sure anyway but she is definitely the favourite tomorrow, good luck!!!:)

maartenround
Feb 22nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
Just thought i'd let everyone know, Lisicki has the most aces on tour with 97.
Positive sign that not only does she have her serve back, but also her confidence. :bounce:

KatjaS
Feb 22nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
2nd final in a row, and this time she'll face a much weaker opponent than Kirilenko. Great decision to skip the big tournaments and play Pattaya & Memphis, a win tomorrow would put her within 30 points of #32 and she'll go to IW & Miami with lots and lots of momentum. Won 9 of her last 10 matches!

Bino
Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:03 AM
2nd final in a row, and this time she'll face a much weaker opponent than Kirilenko. Great decision to skip the big tournaments and play Pattaya & Memphis, a win tomorrow would put her within 30 points of #32 and she'll go to IW & Miami with lots and lots of momentum. Won 9 of her last 10 matches!
A very smart schedule by Bine. And even on clay in FC she was convincing very strongly standing up to the pressure. And even in the matches she lost she didn't really disappoint. She lost vs. Azarenka showing a good performance. Vs. Woz at AO she was most of the time the better player (the first set was a nearly perfekt game) just without converting the big points. And vs. Kirilenko 6-7 in final set. She has got more and more consistent and it seems she is getting better and better with each match.

In one interview she told she is aware about why she was slipping down the ranking. So she is very reflected, has a clear plan to improve so that it's not random what happens now.

fhcpig
Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
"I think I was fighting very well today," Lisicki said after the match. "I was down 2-5 in the first set but kept fighting for every point - I lost in the semifinals the last time I played here three years ago, so I wanted to do a little bit better this time. That definitely helped me get through this match today."

Schnffy
Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
@sabinelisicki
Won my semis in two sets. Tomorrow second final within 4weeks! Thx for all the support out there today. You were great @memphistennis

Relaxing in the hotel and watching ice hockey. Love it! #loveaction #thatsthewaytorelax

Sabinator.
Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
I'm soo looking forward to see her with the title :hearts: Good luck today! :cheer:

CillyUltra
Feb 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Believe in me :cool:

Bine breaks three times against set defeat. Just great. But to whom was the injury break? :confused:

Obviously Sabine felt sick, but maybe the moment was also a bit tactical. :oh:
Rybarikova was cruising along. She broke Lisicki twice to take a commanding 5-2 lead. Then, as quick as she built the lead, her game disappeared, starting with her serve. Rybarikova said she believes she lost her momentum after Lisicki called for a medic. She was ill from something she had eaten earlier.

Whatever the case, Lisicki broke Rybarikova’s serve as she won the next five games to close out the set.

“I didn’t feel too well, but I was fighting for every point,” Lisicki said. “I did everything I could and I won.”

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/feb/22/no-3-seed-sabine-lisicki-rallies-for-finals-in/?CID=happeningnow

Michael!
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
She was ill from something she had eaten earlier.

Not again :spit: :hysteric:

chaton
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Hope she is fit today. Against Erakovic she had always close matches. And winning the title here would be very good for her. She would be Nr. 34 in the rankings then. Calculating that both Williams won't play Indian Wells she would reach for sure a spot to be seeded. Even though I don't expect too much from Indian Wells. Obviously that is not her tournament.

WimbleBine
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
Das was Sabine diese Woche spielt ist einfach so unglaublich mega geil ich bin so stolz auf sie. Letztes war echt mist am ende nur noch, aber jetzt ist sie wieder die alte ich glaube dieses jahr könnte sie den absoluten durchbruch schaffen und endlich etwas ganz großes gewinnen.

What Sabine plays this week is just so incredibly super hot I'm so proud of her. Last time was really crap at the end only, but now it's the same old, I think this year they could create the absolute breakthrough and finally win something big.

:worship::cool::kiss::drool::dance:

rucolo
Feb 23rd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Sabine into Memphis final ! :worship:

What did Ricardo Sanchez do to her ? Warum ist Sabine auf einmal so stabil ? I`m shocked that Sabine suddenly is mentally strong and consistent. And she serves so well too. Erakovic is a weak player, Sabine must win this final. A loss to her would be very disappointing. Sabine can only beat herself.

Schnffy
Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Not again :spit: :hysteric:

maybe because of that she struggled against rybarikova...hopefully it's nothing serious...

Schnffy
Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Das was Sabine diese Woche spielt ist einfach so unglaublich mega geil ich bin so stolz auf sie. Letztes war echt mist am ende nur noch, aber jetzt ist sie wieder die alte ich glaube dieses jahr könnte sie den absoluten durchbruch schaffen und endlich etwas ganz großes gewinnen.

What Sabine plays this week is just so incredibly super hot I'm so proud of her. Last time was really crap at the end only, but now it's the same old, I think this year they could create the absolute breakthrough and finally win something big.

:worship::cool::kiss::drool::dance:

das wär MEGAKRASS :rocker:

Schnffy
Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
nice chat between sabine and andrea... :D

@sabinelisicki Good luck, Guurl!!!!!

@andreapetkovic Thanks Petko!!! See you soon in IW! I'm a bit jealous that you are already in California

@sabinelisicki Haha, come on- only one match, then YOU MAY come here :) I keep my fingers crossed, my dear!

@andreapetkovic haha, done! One week in the cold was enough

JohnMcP
Feb 23rd, 2013, 11:03 PM
At least now Sabine is winning when she is not healthy. It seems that her being healthy is the exception and a bonus. :shrug:

Schnffy
Feb 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM
@sabinelisicki
Very sad that I had to retire in the final as I've been sick last 3 days. Gave it all I had. Next ones are coming :-)

Congrats to Marina for a great week and her 1st title!

Now off to bed and heading home tomorrow Thx for all the support throughout the week!

:[

Ian Aberdon
Feb 24th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Great shame - but if you're ill, you're ill. I guess constantly jetting around to different countries, time zones, climate, etc does take its toll.

maartenround
Feb 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM
What Are Gastrointestinal Infections?
Diarrhea, which is characterized by frequent and watery bowel movements, is often caused by gastrointestinal infections, although it can also come from other illnesses or changes in diet. Germs such as parasites, viruses, or bacteria all can cause gastrointestinal (GI) infections.

Which germs are responsible for diarrhea depends on the geographic area a person lives in and its level of sanitation, economic development, and hygiene standards. For example, countries that have poor sanitation or use human waste as fertilizer tend to have outbreaks of diarrhea when intestinal bacteria or parasites contaminate crops or drinking water.

In developed countries like the United States, outbreaks of diarrhea are most often caused by what we call food poisoning. Food poisoning happens when toxins made by bacteria in food that is not handled, stored, or cooked properly make a person sick.

maartenround
Feb 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM
This is what she had according to WTA. So it's nothing serious.

Schnffy
Feb 24th, 2013, 10:11 AM
"It's very unfortunate I wasn't able to finish the match," Lisicki commented. "I put all the energy I had left in my body into the match, but I just couldn't keep going. I had been sick the last three days already. But Marina had a great tournament and I want to congratulate her for her first WTA title."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3087201/title/erakovics-fairytale-ending-in-memphis

Dorien.
Feb 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Sad she was sick again :sad: Not a good year for her health so far.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Sad she was sick again :sad: Not a good year for her health so far.

When is it ever? :sad:

Bino
Feb 24th, 2013, 06:16 PM
We shouldn't be worried too much. I guess Bine felt bad before the final, wanted to try it but then realise that it will not work. Haas for example retired before his match. Bine has to work on her immune system to avoid such illness in the future. The most important thing for her is getting healthy soon and keep her confidence swing. At the moment she's relaxing by watching ice hockey, she's cheering for her home club ice bears Berlin ;)

WimbleBine
Feb 25th, 2013, 04:27 PM
I was so sad for Bine. It really is absolute crap that has to constantly fight them with this crappy disease and injury. was so sure that she will win the against Erakovic.

Bine head high! Am sure in India Wells and Miami which will afford great.

maartenround
Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:56 PM
LISICKI IS CURRENTLY 32nd SEED AT IW (LI NA WITHDREW!)

spiceboy
Mar 4th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Sabine withdrew from IW :sad:

Ziva
Mar 4th, 2013, 07:57 PM
unbelievable, what now.

There goes the good form to shit again.

Sabinator.
Mar 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM
That's just too bad :sad: