PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open 2013

Lisickinator
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Wozniacki is her first round opponent. :devil:

Sabine will have 20 times more winners and UE than Caro.

http://wrzuc.se/images/50ef533444491.png

Mike81
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Finally they meet again :oh:

Tr-Pz94IJ3s

Beaumont
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:01 PM
You troublemaker Mike!!

This may not be such a bad draw
It will possibly get night match billing, and Sabine likes the big occasions & atmosphere, plus Wozniacki has been disappointing in slams of late

Lisickinator
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Video not available in Germany. :rolleyes: I this North Korea?

for all Germans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbA9WOnh840

Mike81
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I definately think it's a much better matchup than she could've received. It's funny that I just downloaded this video from youtube the other day and now she draws Woz in the 1st round. I had a feeling Bine would meet her again :cool: and watching these old matches gives me confidence, even though it's 4 years ago and on a different surface.

I6wJCiYIHYc

KatjaS
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Of all the seeded players, this is pretty much she best she could get. The match is completely on her racket, if she plays like in Brisbane she will win.

Tennis Fool
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Intriguing match-up. Lisicki leads the h2h, 2:1, but Caro won their only hc match, at the 2008 AO.

CillyUltra
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Sabine's quarter:

(1) Victoria Azarenka v Monica Niculescu
Eleni Daniilidou v Karolina Pliskova
Qualifier v Sofia Arvidsson
Jamie Hampton v (31) Urszula Radwanska

(21) Varvara Lepchenko v Polona Hercog
Caroline Garcia v Elena Vesnina
Mathilde Johansson v Qualifier
Silvia Soler-Espinosa v (16) Roberta Vinci

(10) Caroline Wozniacki v Sabine Lisicki
Andrea Hlavackova v Donna Vekic
Qualifier v Lauren Davis
Qualifier v (24) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

(26) Su-Wei Hsieh v Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino
Svetlana Kuznetsova v Lourdes Dominguez Lino
Yulia Putintseva v Christina McHale
Carla Suarez Navarro v (7) Sara Errani

maturedgirl
Jan 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Will be an exciting match to watch! But why always the Vika/Serena half?!:lol:

I'm sure they will get a showcourt :bounce:
...my dreamfirstround came true! Thanks! Whomever :p

Johnbert
Jan 11th, 2013, 05:38 AM
bad draw. guess she will go out in r1 or r3 :mad:

Ziva
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:21 AM
bad draw. guess she will go out in r1 or r3 :mad:

THIS !

As much as i would enjoy a match between Sabine and Caro, but on HC at the AO in 1R i don't like it.
80/20 in favour of Caroline. Saw all her matches and she did improve a lot in Sydney

This will be a gamechanger match, since both have a fair amount of their points at stake here. Both will fall like a rock in the Rankings without those points.:help:

maturedgirl
Jan 11th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Haha...and I think you would like it :p
Why not in rd 2 against "baby boom" Vekic? :tape:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Well...Sabs LOOKS and SOUNDS better than last season, & Caro has struggled overall of late. I have a feeling Sabine can pull it off!

Dorien.
Jan 11th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Please beat Caro :oh:

JohnMcP
Jan 12th, 2013, 02:50 AM
I definately think it's a much better matchup than she could've received. It's funny that I just downloaded this video from youtube the other day and now she draws Woz in the 1st round. I had a feeling Bine would meet her again :cool: and watching these old matches gives me confidence, even though it's 4 years ago and on a different surface.

I6wJCiYIHYc

Thanks Mike for posting. This match holds special meaning for me as it was the first time I became familiar with Sabine and the only time in my history as a sports fan I have started an event pulling for one side as a favorite and ended pulling for the other side. :lol: I've always been very loyal to my sports favorites, so needless to say, there were all sorts of weird feelings during that match. :confused: :inlove:

I've been looking forward to another rematch, but not so much in the first round of a grand slam. :eek: Anyway, I haven't been able to locate this match in years, so it will be good preparation for the rematch!

Geekking
Jan 12th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I don't think its a bad draw. To reach 2nd week on AO she only needs to defeat Wozniacki.
I checked the odds on betting sites (I don't bet, I just check those sites to see who they favorited) They favorited Wozniack which I wasn't expecting with looking their latest tennis. When they give these odds they watch players matches, trainings, they also know whats going on their life etc. So bookies may know something about Sabine or Wozniacki's tennis which we don't know. Maybe its a trap for bettors don't know...
http://imgim.com/7521incix1529368.jpg
Also odds for Wozniacki are decreasing and for Lisicki is increasing which means people betting for Wozniacki to win.
http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/australia/wta-australian-open-2013/wozniacki-caroline-lisicki-sabine-1550302/#home-away;2
The tennis which she played against Safarova was good but I don't think Safarova started well to the new season so it is not a good criteria to understand Sabine's tennis. The tennis she played against Azarenka was nice but not her best. Great winners, serves and also unforced errors. I'm sure her team took action to fix them before AO which might be the reason to skip Sydney.
I heard Wozniacki training with Makarova these days. Don't know why she trains with a lefty player :help:
I believe Sabine. We all know what she can do in her day. She can easily reach to 2nd week which might be her aim for this grand slam.
May the force be with you Sabine :drool:

JohnMcP
Jan 13th, 2013, 12:11 AM
If both players have their best day, Sabine will win. Historically, Caro has been more consistently at her best although that has changed recently. There are so many uncertainties in this match that I don't think bookies have any better idea than the rest of us. We just have to hope that Sabine is healthy and confident, and I think she will be okay.;)

Beaumont
Jan 13th, 2013, 07:03 AM
I really fancy Sabine to win. She seems very happy at present, and this always brings out the best in her. Her tweets..."I simply LOVE it here" is what she always says about Wimbledon, so hopefully she'll produce similar results

Ziva
Jan 13th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I don't think its a bad draw. To reach 2nd week on AO she only needs to defeat Wozniacki.
I checked the odds on betting sites (I don't bet, I just check those sites to see who they favorited) They favorited Wozniack which I wasn't expecting with looking their latest tennis. When they give these odds they watch players matches, trainings, they also know whats going on their life etc. So bookies may know something about Sabine or Wozniacki's tennis which we don't know. Maybe its a trap for bettors don't know...
http://imgim.com/7521incix1529368.jpg
Also odds for Wozniacki are decreasing and for Lisicki is increasing which means people betting for Wozniacki to win.
http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/australia/wta-australian-open-2013/wozniacki-caroline-lisicki-sabine-1550302/#home-away;2
The tennis which she played against Safarova was good but I don't think Safarova started well to the new season so it is not a good criteria to understand Sabine's tennis. The tennis she played against Azarenka was nice but not her best. Great winners, serves and also unforced errors. I'm sure her team took action to fix them before AO which might be the reason to skip Sydney.
I heard Wozniacki training with Makarova these days. Don't know why she trains with a lefty player :help:
I believe Sabine. We all know what she can do in her day. She can easily reach to 2nd week which might be her aim for this grand slam.
May the force be with you Sabine :drool:

:lol:
They are not watching them train or anything like that, the odds are just calculated, pure math.

Wozniacki is higher ranked and won their HC match. They also take into account how they played individualy during the lastmonths. This is how the starting odds are calculated, the changes after that are due to bets put on them.

Wozniacki is the favorite which is no surprise at all, Sabine has shown some improvements, but we don't know how she will play at the AO.
The court favours Wozniacki a lot actually.....

Geekking
Jan 13th, 2013, 11:13 AM
They are not watching them train or anything like that, the odds are just calculated, pure math.

Wozniacki is higher ranked and won their HC match. They also take into account how they played individualy during the lastmonths. This is how the starting odds are calculated, the changes after that are due to bets put on them.

Wozniacki is the favorite which is no surprise at all, Sabine has shown some improvements, but we don't know how she will play at the AO.
The court favours Wozniacki a lot actually.....

Ziva you are right, the odds are calculated by pure math, I know the formulas and how system works but I'm dead sure bookies watch players. I met some personally who do that for some major betting companies.
For example

If you check H2H Coco Vandeweghe vs Sorana Cirstea
Coco ranked 100
Cirstea ranked 27
Coco def Cirstea in Carlsbad

or

Barthel vs Pervak
Barthel ranked 32
Pervak ranked 79
Pervak leads 2-0 H2H but Barthel favorited even though Pervak def. Urszula and Wozniacki this season.

or
Parmentier vs Govortosova..

KatjaS
Jan 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
It's all about betting patterns, they don't care about the actual results. The odds are calculated in a way that the bookie makes money no matter what the result of the actual match.

Ziva
Jan 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Ziva you are right, the odds are calculated by pure math, I know the formulas and how system works but I'm dead sure bookies watch players. I met some personally who do that for some major betting companies.
For example

If you check H2H Coco Vandeweghe vs Sorana Cirstea
Coco ranked 100
Cirstea ranked 27
Coco def Cirstea in Carlsbad

or

Barthel vs Pervak
Barthel ranked 32
Pervak ranked 79
Pervak leads 2-0 H2H but Barthel favorited even though Pervak def. Urszula and Wozniacki this season.

or
Parmentier vs Govortosova..

yeah but the odds are mainly made by people betting on them, thats waht i meant, the bookies give some kind of direction, but betters decide how the bet actually turns out and its changing the whole time because of that.

Sure they change it a bit here and there to get max. profit no matter who wins.

Btw. i do bet a bit, but never on Bines matches, much to risky and i would never bet against her no matter what.

Geekking
Jan 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM
http://imgim.com/7699inciu6134087.jpg

Ziva
Jan 13th, 2013, 08:14 PM
As expected Stats are in Caro's favour, by far

Lisickinator
Jan 14th, 2013, 02:18 AM
first match on Hisense Arena tomorrow

Mike81
Jan 14th, 2013, 02:47 AM
We can analyse the stats all we want but I prefer not to look so closely into that. It comes down to mentality under pressure. Sabine is definately capable of beating Wozniacki and I'm not making excuses in advance if she doesn't. Her her record on HC isn't so good yet she made the 4th round last year, so I'm confident and not worried about in depth stats on hard court. Woz is highly beatable at the moment so it all comes down to Sabine's performance.

KatjaS
Jan 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
She plays on Hisense tomorrow, 11:00 local 01:00 CET :)

Beaumont
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Surprised it's not the night match. Wickmayer vs Gajdosova can hardly be described as a more entertaining match. I know Gajdosova goes under the banner of Australia, but she will always be Slovakian in my eyes

Mike81
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I'm sure last year it would have been a centre court match, but I guess after Sabine's form last year and even Caroline's it loses billing in the minds of tournament organisers. The highest ranked players and Aussies get top priority for Rod Laver Arena. Still the match will surely be on cable here and obviously streamed.

KatjaS
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:03 AM
She should have won that match in 2 sets, even after the 4-0 down. She had all the chances. That 3rd set was so incredibly bad. Almost speechless.

Ziva
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Typical Sabine three setter, lost it completely in the end.
Very disappointing and I fear this loss and the ranking drop will hit her confidence again like the kerber match did last year.

lovethetennis
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:13 AM
This is so sad, I can't even put it into words :sobbing:

Mike81
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Speechless. Tournament over, tv off and not interested in analysing. Painful loss :sad:

Bino
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:30 AM
She must play a little more patiently. Instead of the direct winner she should have to wait for the forced error of her opponent. She can hold the game from the baseline til her chance is coming. But what she is doing? Hitting the ball somewhere out and off, and that 50 times.

chaton
Jan 15th, 2013, 01:55 AM
In the second on 3-5 she gave Wozniacki the set as a present... How can a pro player miss so many easy balls which would have been a secure winner???? And after 3-0 in the third nothing was working anymore. Why again this drop of her level then?

This was definetly a very painful loss. Concerning her ranking and concerning her self confidence. Don't wanna think of her next tournaments...

Ian Aberdon
Jan 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM
ITF beckons...

Beaumont
Jan 15th, 2013, 07:05 AM
She needs to be more patient, and she needs to learn how to construct points and control rallies. She's just too erratic with her hitting. When she's firing it's brilliant to watch, she hits winners everywhere. However, when she's not firing she looks like a 16 year-old making her debut, with a lack of experience effecting her decision making, she shouldn't still be making those mistakes.

She has clearly worked on her fitness because she looks in terrific shape, but it's obvious that she has major problems between the ears. When you haven't won many matches it seriously impacts on your self-belief, and confidence is a huge part of Sabine's most successful times.

I'm not sure how she rectifies that. We may have to accept that this is Sabine - lovely girl, beautiful to look at, but very fragile upstairs

Mike81
Jan 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
She needs to be more patient, and she needs to learn how to construct points and control rallies. She's just too erratic with her hitting. When she's firing it's brilliant to watch, she hits winners everywhere. However, when she's not firing she looks like a 16 year-old making her debut, with a lack of experience effecting her decision making, she shouldn't still be making those mistakes.

She has clearly worked on her fitness because she looks in terrific shape, but it's obvious that she has major problems between the ears. When you haven't won many matches it seriously impacts on your self-belief, and confidence is a huge part of Sabine's most successful times.

I'm not sure how she rectifies that. We may have to accept that this is Sabine - lovely girl, beautiful to look at, but very fragile upstairs

Hard to disagree with that. It was simply mental the way she fell away today. Let's hope she can rectify it.

As for her ranking dropping, yes it will and it's not ideal but if you were a fan supporting her when she was ranked way down like me you know that she can fight her way back to the higher echelons of the WTA. It seems as though she struggles to perform with the expectation of being up there and now even unseeded she couldn't close out a match was she should've won.

Still, I can't get too mad at her, she's a lovely girl :hug: and beautiful and when on her game is also very beautiful and exciting. I hope her big fans will write nice things to her twitter and facebook. We need to be patient as Sabine's fans and look at some positives, not just focus on the negative. She is looking fitter and there's still prospects for an improved year even though the ranking isn't good now. If she has to play ITF's again I will still be supporting her and love her. I'm her fan whether she's ranked 12 or 120.

By the way, They're incredibly negative and mean to her on GM so let's not be like them with our criticism of her. Some of the stuff said about her on GM today almost had me in tears :sad:

fhcpig
Jan 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/australian-open-lisicki-schon-draußen-beck-überrascht-051325393.html
"It was a very, very difficult draw," said Lisicki. "Before the match I was nervous, but on the court anymore. I had a very good start, but then I lost the plot a bit. Then I came back, but after a 3-0 in the third set was my confidence suddenly gone . I was not aggressive enough. I lost this match more than they won it. something I was missing in the end the match practice. "

http://www.tennisnet.com/deutschland/welttennis/damen/Australian-Open-Lisicki-schiesst-sich-selbst-raus-Beck-ueberrascht/4589078
"Obviously I'm very disappointed that it was not enough," Lisicki said after their defeat by the former world number one. "For a first round, it was a very hard life, but I still had my chances," the Fed Cup player said after the off in 1:46 hours. In fact, the defeat of the 23-year-old was completely unnecessary. Lisicki had a good start and decided the first set after just 32 minutes with the second set of ball for himself. But then the number 36 in the world completely lost the thread.

After losing the second section Lisicki led the decisive passage while another quick 3-0. Out of nowhere, the game tipped but still in favor of Wozniacki. "There were a couple of tight balls and then there was the self-confidence suddenly gone," said Lisicki, who hit a total of 57 unforced errors (at 45 Winnern) and it was thus easier Wozniacki to win the match.

Beck gave a strong performance, however. The young German hope against Shvedova showed a great moral and celebrated at only her second start at a Grand Slam tournament their first victory. "Women's tennis will be decided in the head too much," Beck said. The 18-year-old was in the third set against Shvedova already back with 0:3. But then she made six matches in a row and won her first match at a Grand Slam tournament. "You have to in these situations in mind to stay strong," said the promising young talent. Beck is working with a mental coach, "one of the special exercises" are at hand. "This ensures safety." Beck meets on the second lap of the Japanese Ayumi

http://sport.t-online.de/lisicki-setzt-talfahrt-fort-beck-ueberrascht/id_61691140/index
"This shows that I have dictated the game," Lisicki said later defiantly. The safe 3-0 lead but they were out of hand. "There were a couple of tight balls and then there was the self-confidence suddenly gone," said the number 36 in the world. In the last six service games made them just seven points.

In the ranking Lisicki will now fall further, they finally got last year Down Under, even in the second round. "I'm fitter than ever, could walk around for hours," Lisicki said after the game. But has become so important in good shape in modern tennis, it alone does not win.

http://www.sport.de/medien/2aacd-151bba-548f-49/erstrunden-aus-fuer-lisicki-bei-australian-open.html
Lisicki continued her sporting descent however continued. Since the Olympics in their beloved Wimbledon at the Fed Cup player runs together anymore. 2012 they won after that only one lot different in five of six tournaments out in their opening match. And this year she has not once left the place as the winner. "I just do not match the practice," Lisicki aptly analyzed after 6:2, 3:6, 3:6 against Wozniacki.

chaton
Jan 15th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I think also as a fan we should be realistic and critisize her, if necessary. And here it's the case, although there's of course a lot of disappointment with me as well. All in all it's one of the most disappointing losses she had. (Very close after the loss against Bammer in Berlin.

She has shown, that she has the game to win such a match and I agree that the problem is not her tennis or the way of training, it's between her ears...

She made tons of unforced errrors and especially she tried to hit winners, when she didn't have a good position to the ball - the unforced error was then absolutely predictable. She tried to avoid errors to shorten up the ralley - in my eyes the wrong way.

With a performance like in the third set from 3-0 she would have lost against any existing top 200 player. And it's not the first time such thing happens. So I can't understand, why she is not working with a mental coach??? Kerber or Petkovic have shown, that you can make also mentally progress, so I see no reason, why Sabine can not achieve the same.

Dorien.
Jan 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I was hoping she could beat Wozniacki. Sadly enough she wasn't able to do it :hug:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Interesting more people are pointing to the mental aspect - something I mentioned previously (last year) but got vilified by one or two other posters on here for even daring to suggest it. 'Sabine's problem is not mental'.....

Isn't it?

rucolo
Jan 15th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Sabine :sad:

Too brainless. Amazing tennis in 1st set and in 3rd set until 3-0. Then collapse :help:

Geekking
Jan 15th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I couldn't sleep after the match. I feel so sad. Thats all I can say...

lovethetennis
Jan 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM
I hear ya Geekking. It takes time to recover from a match like this.. :sad:

Ziva
Jan 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Interesting more people are pointing to the mental aspect - something I mentioned previously (last year) but got vilified by one or two other posters on here for even daring to suggest it. 'Sabine's problem is not mental'.....

Isn't it?

It's all mental and always has been....

angliru
Jan 16th, 2013, 03:14 PM
According to Danish medias (http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1899835.ece), Sabine will enter mixed doubles with Danish player Frederik L. Nielsen. Apparently Frederik put up an ad searching for a mixed partner when he lost the 1st round in men's doubles. Sabine replyed positively.

Frederik won the men's doubles at Wimbledon 2012. GL!

Dorien.
Jan 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
That would be fun ;)

Schnffy
Jan 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
@sabinelisicki
Good morning :-) I'm quiet disappointed with my match the other day. Will learn from it and keep going! I know I can do much better...

Schnffy
Jan 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM
@sabinelisicki
A surprise happened yesterday... I got into mixed doubles & will be partnering up with Freddy Nielsen #aussieopennotoveryet #morematches

:yippee:

Geekking
Jan 17th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I don't care mixed doubles, it is just to earn little money and have fun when you are kicked out of the tournament :hysteric:

Beaumont
Jan 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure why she's bothering with that

Mixed doubles is a way to earn money for players who are too crap to make a living as a singles player, or it's a bit of practice for players still in the singles draw

She should be on the plane, looking for ways to address her issues

Mike81
Jan 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I honestly don't know about her partner. Not sure what chance she has of going far, maybe she should just focus on singles.

Ziva
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure why she's bothering with that

Mixed doubles is a way to earn money for players who are too crap to make a living as a singles player, or it's a bit of practice for players still in the singles draw

She should be on the plane, looking for ways to address her issues

What could she do home in Florida to get rid of the choking in Two Weeks time ?
Playing some matches is never a bad thing and only happy Bine is winnig matches. Even a won Mixed match is a good thing now.

And do not forget, she hasn't won many matches in the last months, so money wise she hasn't made much since Wimbledon and this could continue for some time since she will get hard first rounds almost everywhere with that Ranking.
Some Normal doubles would have been better though.

Geekking
Jan 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
What could she do home in Florida to get rid of the choking in Two Weeks time ?
Playing some matches is never a bad thing and only happy Bine is winnig matches. Even a won Mixed match is a good thing now.

And do not forget, she hasn't won many matches in the last months, so money wise she hasn't made much since Wimbledon and this could continue for some time since she will get hard first rounds almost everywhere with that Ranking.
Some Normal doubles would have been better though.

Ziva I don't think she play mixed doubles to have a match practice, improve her play or something. If so why she left Sydney or play doubles in AO? :rolleyes: You might be right about financial issues

Ziva
Jan 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Ziva I don't think she play mixed doubles to have a match practice, improve her play or something. If so why she left Sydney or play doubles in AO? :rolleyes:

No of course not, it's her job to make money on those tournaments and the Slams are a huge part of her income.

The Second slam without a Win, that hurts the bank account.

The mixed doesn't matter, but let her have some fun, i'm sure she had some sleepless hours because of that choke, like we all had.:lol:

Beaumont
Jan 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
OK, perhaps you're right, going home won't help her tennis right now. However, to suggest she needs the money is rubbish. She has very lucrative deals off court, and overall probably earns more money than Kerber, or indeed any other German tennis player. She has a strong family unit, so I'd be surprised if she's wasting her money on shopping, drugs, gambling, or men

Ziva
Jan 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Not wasting, but flying around the World isn't cheap and if you don't win a match, you don't earn money.
But whatever, this money stuff is very individual, we don't know much about her income.

I would say go home train your ass of if she had played poorly, but she got the shots all looked pretty solid.
She choked that match away, because she lost focus, i don't think you can learn that during practise.
She needs to close out one of those matches again, it was the second unbelievable horrible choke we've seen in the last months.
If she wins oone of those by finding her game back after losing it, she may learn something and get more relaxed in those error phases she often gets in.
Blowing a 3-0 lead is not the Problem, happens all the time in WTA, but not winning a single game after that is the problem.

Only medicine is matches matches and more matches, no matter what tournament or opponent. She is after all a confidence player.

JohnMcP
Jan 17th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I honestly don't know about her partner. Not sure what chance she has of going far, maybe she should just focus on singles.

Nielsen is a reigning Wimbledon men's doubles champion, so I think, under the circumstances, this is a good opportunity for Sabine. At this point, mixed doubles will be better than mindless ball hitting. Her problem is not so much with her strokes -- when she has her confidence she hits the ball perfectly and appears to be unbeatable. As she admitted in her post-match interview, she needs to build her confidence which can only come through matchplay. She lost the match against Caro because she was not used to hitting in pressure situations, her footwork collapsed, and she was out of position to hit anything. While mixed doubles won't present the same pressure situations as singles, it is a step forward.

Good Old Sabine
Jan 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM
When is the mixed match played?

KatjaS
Jan 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM
She isn't on the schedule for friday, so saturday.

Lisickinator
Jan 18th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Her mixed doubles match will be the first match on a show court tomorrow. :)

Mike81
Jan 18th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Against Aussies Jarmila Gajdosova and Matt Ebden. Interesting, Bine and Jarka playing against eachother for the first time, even if in mixed doubles.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Are they still speaking to each other? Sabs doesn't mention Jarka much these days.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Nice that Sabs is remembering her fiend Angie:

Sabine Lisicki ‏@sabinelisicki

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Angie!!! �� ���� @AngeliqueKerber

:D

Ziva
Jan 18th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Nice typo :lol:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Nice that Sabs is remembering her fiend Angie:

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Angie!!! �� ���� @AngeliqueKerber

:D

:devil::devil:

Mike81
Jan 19th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Oh well all too soon we say goodbye to Bine from Australia :sad: 6-7, 3-6 loss in mixed doubles with Fred Nielsen to Jarka/Matt Ebden. Nice to see Binee on court again having fun and smiling :hug: I don't think her partner looked like a doubles champion with the way he played. Not to worry, more important thing now is to train, she needs to overcome that loss to Woz! :facepalm:

Bino
Jan 19th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Good bye Bine from Australia and welcome in Pattaya/Thailand.

Beaumont
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:12 AM
She will probably drop below 50 after the AO, so this is the biggest test of her career, even more so when she got injured because she was very young then and she had a genuine excuse for sliding down the rankings, whereas now she has slid down mainly due to terrible form.

It's a sad site to see her self belief being so low

KatjaS
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Sabine Lisicki
We lost our mixed today. I felt like I was playing good. Something to build on and keep working :-)

Seems upbeat.

rucolo
Jan 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=476362

Funny to read the Thread :lol:

Ziva
Jan 20th, 2013, 03:47 PM
not really :bigcry:

Ziva
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Are they still speaking to each other? Sabs doesn't mention Jarka much these days.

it seems like they do:

Jarmila Gajdosova ‏@Jarka_Tennis

Had great time at dinner with my friend @sabinelisicki at the rockpool restaurant in crown casino!now time to go home and rest :)

@Jarka_Tennis are you sure you got the name right this time?!?! Haha just kidding. Sleep well!

Jarmila Gajdosova ‏@Jarka_Tennis

@sabinelisicki had to retype it twice :) good night and have safe trip tomorrow!!!:)

TREER123
Jan 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Its a shame Sabine doesnt get herself a pro coach, we all know she has a slam in her, and would easily be a top 10 player with the right people around her.
I fear she will live with thinking what might have been, if it doesn't happen soon

Bino
Jan 21st, 2013, 08:35 PM
Its a shame Sabine doesnt get herself a pro coach, we all know she has a slam in her, and would easily be a top 10 player with the right people around her.
I fear she will live with thinking what might have been, if it doesn't happen soon
She is still coached by her father at the moment?

KatjaS
Jan 21st, 2013, 08:49 PM
Edit: See the Spring thread.

CillyUltra
Jan 25th, 2013, 10:21 PM

http://s19.postimage.org/fm411nn5v/image.jpg
http://s19.postimage.org/99ovrtk3n/image.jpg

That's Apple Emoji emoticons. ;)

Ziva
Jan 25th, 2013, 10:25 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/fm411nn5v/image.jpg
http://s19.postimage.org/99ovrtk3n/image.jpg

That's Apple Emoji emoticons. ;)

No i was refering to Ian's typo fiend Angie;)

Bino
Jan 25th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Goldig :)