PDA

View Full Version : AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mistress of Evil
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:12 AM
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9563/62718755.png

Voodoo Magic

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md2zawW1xr1qe826to2_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md2zawW1xr1qe826to2_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md2zawW1xr1qe826to2_250.gif

Cow On Plexicushion Evolution

http://imageshack.us/a/img717/703/recapd.png

Cosmic Voices
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:13 AM
:oh:

Asanty
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM
At least not MashaFan:lol:

jameshazza
Jan 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
:cheer:

Let us pray the repeating Cosmic pattern, and Svetlio's winning thread streak prevails.

Cosmic Voices
Jan 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM

Let us pray the repeating Cosmic pattern, and Svetlio's winning thread streak prevails.

:oh:

domon17th
Jan 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Need to spread more reputation :sobbing:

Trih
Jan 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
:bounce:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jan 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM

Angelpova
Jan 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM
:bigclap:

NewShoulderPlz.
Jan 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
:cool:

Tennisvampire
Jan 1st, 2013, 02:42 PM
The title :sobbing:

18majors
Jan 1st, 2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks, Svetlio!

Maria Croft
Jan 1st, 2013, 04:37 PM
You've got to respect the endless 'telling' patterns people can find year after year :lol:

I do love the opening post though, very pretty.

dsanders06
Jan 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Gwaaan Svetlio, bring it home for us again :cheer:

dsanders06
Jan 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM
I'm actually wondering if there's a slight chance of her playing Sydney. I mean yes, she doesn't like playing the week before Slams, but Sydney does finish on Friday, so it would still give her 2 or 3 days to get settled in Melbourne before she starts :shrug: I know it sounds like I'm channelling my inner Fighterpova here and being uber-negative, but I just don't know personally if I like her going in to the AO completely cold, I can't help fear last year's AO was kind of an exception.... just a couple of matches pratice would do her the world of good imo.

With that said, it's probably all academic because Maria is such a stubborn bitch that she's not going to change the habit of a lifetime and actually play it :lol:

debby
Jan 1st, 2013, 05:03 PM
Yay !
*subscribes*

Mistress of Evil
Jan 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
I'm actually wondering if there's a slight chance of her playing Sydney. I mean yes, she doesn't like playing the week before Slams, but Sydney does finish on Friday, so it would still give her 2 or 3 days to get settled in Melbourne before she starts :shrug: I know it sounds like I'm channelling my inner Fighterpova here and being uber-negative, but I just don't know personally if I like her going in to the AO completely cold, I can't help fear last year's AO was kind of an exception.... just a couple of matches pratice would do her the world of good imo.

With that said, it's probably all academic because Maria is such a stubborn bitch that she's not going to change the habit of a lifetime and actually play it :lol:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbl28xiRhz1qb4a6z.gif

Fighterpova
Jan 1st, 2013, 05:22 PM
Yay, can't wait for the Aussie Open :cheer:

SO excited to see Masha in action :cheer:

Good luck girl :hearts:

Fighterpova
Jan 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
As for playing Sydney, I'm against it. She wouldn't take it seriously anyway and I'm not in for a tank or something.

I'm hoping she will be in good shape for the Aussie Open. I'm not too worried because she rarely plays warm ups for AO anyway (apart from exhibitions).

Fighterpova
Jan 1st, 2013, 05:34 PM
My Top 3 Masha dresses at the AO: (I know many of you will disagree though)

1. 2010
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Maria+Sharapova+2010+Australian+Open+Day+1+5S1oU_l 1SREl.jpg

The result was :help: but I loved the high fashion, curtain inspired dress (the cut and shape of it was great). It's definitely a unique outfit and I love when she wears deep blue :hearts: (I know a lot of people find this dress horrid), but to me, it looks fantastic!

2. 2011
http://tennis.topbuzz.com/tennis-pics/d/31223-1/Maria+Sharapova+looks+at+her+racket+at+the+2011+Au stralian+Open.JPG

I loved the bluish-gray and the bright orange contrast. It looked great against the beautiful courts in Melbourne and she rocked the outfit (though, another flop loss :lol:), but at least she looked fab.

3. 2007
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Maria+Sharapova+Australian+Open+2007+Day+8+HgZwFRS JBGhl.jpg

It was nice, simple, but still very unique. It fit her so well and was tight, her legs looked amazing in it :hearts: Plus, I loved the orchid drawings on her dress as well as the elegant bow at the back of her top(which can't be seen on this pic) and a white rose in her hair :worship:

Maria Croft
Jan 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM

She nearly didn't play the AO in 2006, and would probably have made the Finals if it hadn't been for those couple of crucially bad calls. So I don't think it will affect her that much if she's able to get healthy.

debby
Jan 1st, 2013, 06:54 PM
She nearly didn't play the AO in 2006, and would probably have made the Finals if it hadn't been for those couple of crucially bad calls. So I don't think it will affect her that much if she's able to get healthy.

Henin had shoulder problems too :oh:
Bottom line is that 2006 AO is.a travesty to the game and doesn't exist.

WowWow
Jan 1st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Thank you :kiss:

lefty24
Jan 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Can't wait!

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks Svetliana :hug:

Maria winning here would be :woohoo::sobbing:. Let's keep the pattern alive shall we Masha :cheer:.

jameshazza
Jan 1st, 2013, 09:36 PM
:tape:
I thought all receipts of that mesh monster were deleted. :sobbing:

Cosmic Voices
Jan 1st, 2013, 09:38 PM
I know this sounds really selfish, but I was actually hoping Masha played at least one match in Brisbane so I could update my sig/avi artwork to officially start the 2013 graphic whoring :lol:

until the AO and that sunset dress :oh:

PimpMePova
Jan 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
I know this sounds really selfish, but I was actually hoping Masha played at least one match in Brisbane so I could update my sig/avi artwork to officially start the 2013 graphic whoring :lol:

until the AO and that sunset dress :oh:

It isn't really I think we all wanted to see her play and I guess part of the whole overdramtic wave of posts was because of that pova deprivation (at least from me:lol:)

Kon.
Jan 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM
Evil Queen, thank you for making this thread. :hearts:

I'm not going to really enjoy the AO this year because I will be busy and I can't afford to sleep less etc like last year. :awww:
#tennisfanproblems

debby
Jan 1st, 2013, 10:09 PM
Evil Queen, thank you for making this thread. :hearts:

I'm not going to really enjoy the AO this year because I will be busy and I can't afford to sleep less etc like last year. :awww:
#tennisfanproblems

Awww no ! Will someone be able to livescore Maria's matches for you??

And what about night sessions ? Isn't it like at noon for you?

jameshazza
Jan 1st, 2013, 10:39 PM
I might be able to watch most of her matches depending what day she starts but I think I'll miss a couple anyway. The second week should be fine so she better make it there. :armed:

Charlatan
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:08 PM
http://www.mariasharapova.com/media/519112/australianopen0816.jpg

Get a Triumph of your 5th Slam, Queen :wavey:

And performances like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAb36h5Rbc)

debby
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:11 PM
Queen :hearts:

I have a request.... Could someone make me a 2008 AO Masha avatar? :angel: this will be the first time I will have a serious and 100% Mashabator avatar. :truestan:

18majors
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:13 PM
And performances like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAb36h5Rbc)[/QUOTE]

What a player, Maria!

jameshazza
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:20 PM
Asherah will not disappoint.

Andy.
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:40 PM
I finally worked out the Cosmic Pattern :facepalm:

Getting super drunk on New Years did nothing for my brain cell count :lol:

NiMaria
Jan 1st, 2013, 11:47 PM
I can't wait 13 more days :banghead:

Kon.
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Awww no ! Will someone be able to livescore Maria's matches for you??

And what about night sessions ? Isn't it like at noon for you?

Well, iirc by the time I get home from school the matches are usually almost finished. The thing is that I have a lot of studying so I can't repeat my last year's sleeping pattern. I'll watch as much as I can though.
It's time I got my priorities straight for once. :lol:

SilverSlam
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Queen :hearts:

I have a request.... Could someone make me a 2008 AO Masha avatar? :angel: this will be the first time I will have a serious and 100% Mashabator avatar. :truestan:

I'll make you a lot (and some for everyone while I'm at it I guess) and post them in the Maria Avatars thread a little later :)

SilverSlam
Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Okay I made a lot of avatars for you Debby and everyone else :lol:

Fighterpova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
I wish I could use avatars from TF, but none seem to work :sobbing:

SilverSlam
Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
....? you have to use the smaller ones? Or does it say too large filesize :speakles:

Fighterpova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
....? you have to use the smaller ones? Or does it say too large filesize :speakles:

When I tried using the smaller ones, it still said that the file is too large :facepalm:

Since I'm technically a 'child' , I can't have my own credit card, but when I get one , I'm getting that TF membership :oh:

SilverSlam
Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
wait you didnt try one of mine right :unsure: If so I'll fix that.

NashaMasha
Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:57 PM
At least not MashaFan:lol:

This:)

I think Masha will get Serena , Na Li and Petrova in her half

PimpMePova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
This:)

I think Masha will get Serena , Na Li and Petrova in her half

I really hope your prediction will be wrong :scared: and they meet only in the final

Maidenhair
Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
My Top 3 Masha dresses at the AO: (I know many of you will disagree though)

1. 2010
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Maria+Sharapova+2010+Australian+Open+Day+1+5S1oU_l 1SREl.jpg

The result was :help: but I loved the high fashion, curtain inspired dress (the cut and shape of it was great). It's definitely a unique outfit and I love when she wears deep blue :hearts: (I know a lot of people find this dress horrid), but to me, it looks fantastic!

2. 2011
http://tennis.topbuzz.com/tennis-pics/d/31223-1/Maria+Sharapova+looks+at+her+racket+at+the+2011+Au stralian+Open.JPG

I loved the bluish-gray and the bright orange contrast. It looked great against the beautiful courts in Melbourne and she rocked the outfit (though, another flop loss :lol:), but at least she looked fab.

3. 2007
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Maria+Sharapova+Australian+Open+2007+Day+8+HgZwFRS JBGhl.jpg

It was nice, simple, but still very unique. It fit her so well and was tight, her legs looked amazing in it :hearts: Plus, I loved the orchid drawings on her dress as well as the elegant bow at the back of her top(which can't be seen on this pic) and a white rose in her hair :worship:

I agree with your number one choice. Everyone hated the 'seaweed' dress, but I love the shape and colour! :)

Cosmic Voices
Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
I know we like to forget about AO 07 for obvious reasons :rolleyes: but I've literally only just noticed her racket decorated with gemstones/some sort of detailing :hearts:

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Maria+Sharapova+Australian+Open+2007+Day+8+L4tEHSt bUBFl.jpg

Maidenhair
Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
I know we like to forget about AO 07 for obvious reasons :rolleyes: but I've literally only just noticed her racket decorated with gemstones/some sort of detailing :hearts:

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Maria+Sharapova+Australian+Open+2007+Day+8+L4tEHSt bUBFl.jpg

I don't think that's true. The 'gemstones' are the O-ports on her racket, the light only makes it seem as if she decorated her racket. :)

effedcamel
Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM

Is it? All I see are the oversized grommets that Prince uses

Cosmic Voices
Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:28 PM
it most probably is :lol:

JoPova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
Can't wait! I hope AO 2013 will be similar to AO 08 for both men and women :oh:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
I just know that Maria will be all fired up starting from her first match at AO :angel:.

debby
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:16 PM

No.

JoPova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:16 PM
BTW Maria really needs to get a win over Vika in a GS. I'm not sure it'll happen at the AO, since the surface maximizes Vika's strength, but she needs to beat her somewhere!

debby
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
BTW Maria really needs to get a win over Vika in a GS. I'm not sure it'll happen at the AO, since the surface maximizes Vika's strength, but she needs to beat her somewhere!

Hopefully in Wimbledon.

JoPova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
No.

I know you're a big fan of Andy's :D I'd love to see him make the final, but that trophy is Novak's :p

Tennisvampire
Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM

+1 :oh:

Cosmic Voices
Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:38 PM
My signature is vibing 08Pova :cheer:
seriously if both Nole and Masha won the same slam I would die, nearly happened at the French :sobbing:

claypova
Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:56 PM
Ugh why do I see that seaweed dress in this thread :tears:

Anyway, goodluck Maria :bounce:

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/Maria/sharapova-a.gif

debby
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:03 PM
My signature is vibing 08Pova :cheer:
seriously if both Nole Andy and Masha won the same slam I would die, nearly happened at the French :sobbing:

fixed

amazing sig :cheer:

effedcamel
Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:04 AM

I'd like a repeat of 04 Wimbly winners or 06 USO winners for this AO :lick:

Angelpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Can't wait :cheer:

Stonerpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:48 AM
So excited :sobbing:

Svetlio :hearts:

Asanty
Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Will ES still broadcast AO after that whole WTA thing?

Mistress of Evil
Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
The OP has a little update. :secret:

Will ES still broadcast AO after that whole WTA thing?

Yes.

Trih
Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM

:rolls: you're the best

GrandMartha
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
:scared:

PimpMePova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:55 AM

Best thread ever!!! :bowdown: I hope you continue your winning streak!!! :hearts:

JoPova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
I'm wondering if Maria has started practising her serves now.. I don't want her to throw in a DF fest in the first rounds :hysteric:

jameshazza
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
I'm wondering if Maria has started practising her serves now.. I don't want her to throw in a DF fest in the first rounds :hysteric:

IMO her serve should be fine, she'll likely be doing major work on it in the next couple of weeks because she couldn't earlier with the injury, so it should be recently polished for Melbourne.

JoPova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
IMO her serve should be fine, she'll likely be doing major work on it in the next couple of weeks because she couldn't earlier with the injury, so it should be recently polished for Melbourne.

I'd really love to see some improvement on serve, in terms of variety and consistency! It would make her life on the court much easier :)

jameshazza
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
I'd really love to see some improvement on serve, in terms of variety and consistency! It would make her life on the court much easier :)

Yeah she really needs to develop an out wide serve on the Ad court. :o

SilverSlam
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
She looks so pressed in that 2012 photo :hysteric: great work ClayPova/lachy.

Asanty
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:43 AM

Yeah, i agree, now she is just in her pre Brisbane practice regime.

Lachy
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:53 AM

I saw her practising her serve in Brisbane :p She will be good!

By the way, LOVE the thread :hearts:

JoPova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM

Oh great! Thanks for the info! ;)

Trih
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM

:hug:

Cosmic Voices
Jan 3rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
the op change :haha:

Tennisvampire
Jan 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Best thread ever :worship: Now let all the cosmic patterns work in our favor :lol:

**mashafierce**
Jan 3rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
great thread ! I hope voodoo does the trick

Cosmic Voices
Jan 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Would you guys be pissed if Rena lost to Vika in the SF of Brisbane btw? There's just a big discussion going on in GM about the match up happening so early on in the year

Asanty
Jan 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Would you guys be pissed if Rena lost to Vika in the SF of Brisbane btw? There's just a big discussion going on in GM about the match up happening so early on in the year

Honestly I will route for Rena, can't stand Aza at all:fiery:

JoPova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM

I will! :lol: I prefer Serena to Vika by a long margin, and I'll be so pressed because Vika would get a win against a tanking Serena before Maria, who always meets Peak Serena :O

PimpMePova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Honestly I will route for Rena, can't stand Aza at all:fiery:

^This so much, Azarenka is the only player I actually dislike everybody else I either like or don't care about :lol: also I's be really pissed because if she wins it'd mean that Serena just tanked while she always activates SerenaGOAT when playing against Pova

debby
Jan 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM

Not at all :oh: in fact that would make me happy :p

madmax
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM

seconded:cool:

Trih
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:05 PM

I would be quite disappointed honestly. Where's the discussion on GM?

Chrissie-fan
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Not me. I just hope they will have a good match. I guess if Vika wins it will give the Masha bashers some new material to work with, but I don't regard GM highly enough to base my opinions or who I support on their BS. Even so, If forced to choose I prefer Serena, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if Vika won it. Not that it will make any difference, but since we're Maria fans I guess we better root for whoever either one of them ends up playing in the final so that Maria doesn't give up too much territory on the ranking list. It would be cool to see her top the list again at some point in 2013. :angel:

Fighterpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:22 PM
I have a feeling Vika will win :unsure:

But I really hope Serena activates herself for this one, I don't want to see her lose against Vika :sobbing:

I actually quite like Serena as a player and as a person and I always have, so I hope she wins Brisbane now :cheer:

Fighterpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:22 PM
By the way, does anyone know what time is their match? (Central European time)

Fighterpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Is it today or tomorrow? :lol:

heelsrule1988
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:24 PM

seconded:cool:
I wish we weren't in the minority.

Cosmic Voices
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
According to flashscore, the match will be on at 9am UK time tomorrow

Fighterpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
According to flashscore, the match will be on at 9am UK time tomorrow

10 am Serbian time then. There is no way I can get up that early :sobbing:

Fighterpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Btw, did any of you watch Serena vs Stephens?

Pretty awesome match :cheer:

Stonerpova
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Svetlio :worship:

I love the new OP.

Saw the first set before passing out. It was 5 am my time :lol:

Good stuff though.

Chrissie-fan
Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:32 PM

I agree. Sloane did even better than you would think from the scoreline.

Tennisvampire
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:52 PM

I would be pissed, but only because that would mean Vika got a win against Rena before Maria :lol: Ironically, I like Aza more than Rena by a long margin. How you alter my perspective Maria :sobbing: Plus, I'm pretty sure that if Vika beats Sarin here it would be because of Rena tanking, which of course she never does against Maria :o

NashaMasha
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
I would be pissed, but only because that would mean Vika got a win against Rena before Maria :lol: Ironically, I like Aza more than Rena by a long margin. How you alter my perspective Maria :sobbing: Plus, I'm pretty sure that if Vika beats Sarin here it would be because of Rena tanking, which of course she never does against Maria :o

i also think that if Serena comes across fierce resistance coming from Aza, she might tank this match just not to make unneccessary efforts before main event

of course Serena will play always "slam final" versus Masha, it's never in doubt....

But Aza is so mediocre that Serena might win it on autopilot

Chrissie-fan
Jan 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM
i also think that if Serena comes across fierce resistance coming from Aza, she might tank this match just not to make unneccessary efforts before main event
Quite the contrary. There's a thread at GM where they say that Vika is 'injured' and won't play. :lol:

Trih
Jan 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Just woke up to to see the match and I heard this. WTF. This tournament has been a disaster :sobbing:
Even if I don't like her anymore I hope Vika is alright and it's nothing serious for the AO... I'm bummed about not seeing them play, it was the real final :(

Tennisvampire
Jan 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Quite the contrary. There's a thread at GM where they say that Vika is 'injured' and won't play. :lol:

Well apparently, they were right :weirdo: I wanna believe Vika's injury is legit, but it's just too hard :hysteric:

Abuttons
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM
This is from BBC News.........I had not heard of anything like this before......

Victoria Azarenka blames bad pedicure for Brisbane withdrawal

World number one Victoria Azarenka has blamed a bad pedicure for forcing her out of her Brisbane International semi-final against American Serena Williams.
The Belarusian said she could not risk aggravating an infected big toe ahead of the defence of her Australian Open title, which starts on 14 January.
"It just got infected from a bad pedicure experience. I had somebody who gave me infection," said Azarenka, 23.
"The doctor said it happens a lot. [It's] never happened to me [before].
She added: "It's something that I am definitely going to prevent for the next time."

Fighterpova
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
:spit:

Iblis
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Just woke up to to see the match and I heard this. WTF. This tournament has been a disaster :sobbing:
Even if I don't like her anymore I hope Vika is alright and it's nothing serious for the AO... I'm bummed about not seeing them play, it was the real final :(

It was a real shame, due to the withdraw I've been forced to study the entire morning.

This is from BBC News.........I had not heard of anything like this before......

World number one Victoria Azarenka has blamed a bad pedicure for forcing her out of her Brisbane International semi-final against American Serena Williams.
The Belarusian said she could not risk aggravating an infected big toe ahead of the defence of her Australian Open title, which starts on 14 January.
"It just got infected from a bad pedicure experience. I had somebody who gave me infection," said Azarenka, 23.
She added: "It's something that I am definitely going to prevent for the next time."

I think she should find a better excuse next time, at least a more likely one. :)

JoPova
Jan 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ciao Iblis! :wavey: Welcome! :)

pedropt
Jan 4th, 2013, 12:30 PM
*subscribes*

Mistress of Evil
Jan 4th, 2013, 12:59 PM
She looks so pressed in that 2012 photo :hysteric: great work ClayPova/lachy.

Yet another person who has no idea what pressed means or looks like. She is genuinly heartbroken in that 2012 photo. If you want to see pressed Maria go look for Miami final pictures.

Asanty
Jan 4th, 2013, 01:12 PM
It was a real shame, due to the withdraw I've been forced to study the entire morning.

I think she should find a better excuse next time, at least a more likely one. :)

A bad pedicure experience? Oh, gosh I laughed:lol: The Brisbane curse is still working. Honestly I thought it would be rather Rena, anyway Masha got even more chanches now:)

Trih
Jan 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM

Benvenuto :D

**mashafierce**
Jan 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why Azarenka would withdraw if she actually wasnt injured.Was she that afraid of Serena? It just seems so childish. Maybe there's something else going on or she is indeed injured

Mexicola
Jan 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Wow, I don't know how Vika lives this one down. :lol: She's going to be the butt of jokes for years to come with this excuse. Bad pedicure? Even if it is close to the truth, couldn't she have been more vague about it publicly? Maybe say she has a toe infection and is being cautious before the Open. No need to go into great detail. "Bad pedicure" just sounds so ridiculous and the fact that the retirement happened on the day of a Serena matchup makes it look even more hilarious.

And I thought Vika had put her drama queen antics behind her.

Iblis
Jan 4th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Ciao Iblis! :wavey: Welcome! :)

Benvenuto :D

Grazie ragazzi. :)
Sono contento di vedere così tanti italiani in questo forum, almeno qualcuno capirà più facilmente il mio inglese maccheronico da due soldi.

I don't understand why Azarenka would withdraw if she actually wasnt injured.Was she that afraid of Serena? It just seems so childish. Maybe there's something else going on or she is indeed injured

Maybe she just preferred not to meet her so early in the season, who knows?

Abuttons
Jan 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Grazie ragazzi. :)
Sono contento di vedere così tanti italiani in questo forum, almeno qualcuno capirà più facilmente il mio inglese maccheronico da due soldi.

Ci sono anche io, pur se vivo in Svizzera....saluti a tutti!

Angelpova
Jan 4th, 2013, 03:39 PM

:facepalm: :hysteric:

Angelpova
Jan 4th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Another Italian ? Welcome Iblis :hatoff:

JoPova
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Everybody speaks in Italian! :hysteric: YAS!

@Angelpova Maria looks so sexy in your avatar :inlove:

jameshazza
Jan 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
LAWD, every time I sit down to study, I'm hallucinating fistpumps, winners, bitchstares and screamings of C'MON!!!

I don't think I can hold out, even the draw is another week away. :crying2:

JoPova
Jan 4th, 2013, 05:06 PM
LAWD, every time I sit down to study, I'm hallucinating fistpumps, winners, bitchstares and screamings of C'MON!!!

I don't think I can hold out, even the draw is another week away. :crying2:

I just gave up! I think I'll take all of my exams after the AO. It's too much to handle altogether :hysteric:

Trih
Jan 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I can't wait another week, not even Sydney will calm me down. :hysteric:

Angelpova
Jan 4th, 2013, 05:58 PM
@Angelpova Maria looks so sexy in your avatar :inlove:

She's so cute. A goddess :hearts: Original picture:

http://i.imgur.com/CuHyN.jpg

Iblis
Jan 4th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Another Italian ? Welcome Iblis :hatoff:

Thank you!

JoPova
Jan 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM

So perfect! :bowdown:

NiMaria
Jan 4th, 2013, 06:17 PM

She looks so beautiful in that picture.

Also the one in your sig :hearts:

Iblis
Jan 4th, 2013, 07:29 PM
She's simply beautiful, independently from any picture. :)

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 4th, 2013, 08:30 PM
So many new users :sobbing::worship::cheer:.

Hopefully all of you guys will stick around after AO :tape:.

Maria :cheer:, can't wait to see how she's gonna play her first match :angel:.

Fighterpova
Jan 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Welcome new members, I hope you will enjoy SS :cheer:

Fighterpova
Jan 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
So many new users :sobbing::worship::cheer:.

Maria :cheer:, can't wait to see how she's gonna play her first match :angel:.

Me too :bounce:

Angelpova
Jan 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Also the one in your sig :hearts:

It's even better in HQ :hearts:

http://i.imgur.com/UuMmH.jpg

Trih
Jan 4th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Which year is it from? :hearts:

Andy.
Jan 4th, 2013, 10:52 PM
2006 US Open pre tournament press conference.

jameshazza
Jan 4th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Welcome to all new posters, hope there's a lot of active ones this year. A lot of the most active posters today are only here for around a year. The fanbase continues to thrive. :inlove:

NiMaria
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:01 PM
It's even better in HQ :hearts:

http://i.imgur.com/UuMmH.jpg

HeadbandPova :worship:

Welcome to all new posters, hope there's a lot of active ones this year. A lot of the most active posters today are only here for around a year. The fanbase continues to thrive. :inlove:

I don't post too often but I have a feeling i'll be around here for awhile. Unless I get a life :lol:

Trih
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:19 PM
2006 US Open pre tournament press conference.

BAM! I feel such a fake fan :sad: :sobbing:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:56 AM
HeadbandPova :worship:

I don't post too often but I have a feeling i'll be around here for awhile. Unless I get a life :lol:

Sharapova is our life baby :hug:, Get used to it :oh:.

JoPova
Jan 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM
If Serena keeps this level up, I'm not sure if there'll be someone who can take a set against her. Robotic serving and bashed returns that always catch the line :help:

Iblis
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM

Why shouldn't we? :)

doomsday
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:24 PM
If Serena keeps this level up, I'm not sure if there'll be someone who can take a set against her. Robotic serving and bashed returns that always catch the line :help:

That's all we're asking, a battle :hysteric:

JoPova
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:30 PM
That's all we're asking, a battle :hysteric:

It gets boring after a while! there's a feeling that no other girl has a chance to win against Serena or even make it close, if she plays her best. In the men's tour the top 4 is dominant, but there are some upsets at times. The top 10 is generally competitive in their matches against Fed, Nole, Rafa and Andy. Serena just crushes everybody :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Getting a life is overrated. Nothing good comes from it. Believe me, you're much better of if you have a Sharapova than a life. ;)

Asanty
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:43 PM
It gets boring after a while! there's a feeling that no other girl has a chance to win against Serena or even make it close, if she plays her best. In the men's tour the top 4 is dominant, but there are some upsets at times. The top 10 is generally competitive in their matches against Fed, Nole, Rafa and Andy. Serena just crushes everybody :lol:

It should happen sooner or later, I bet this year either Masha or Aza will win her. At least Masha struggled somehow with her in Istambul and Aza won her at expho.

JoPova
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM
It should happen sooner or later, I bet this year either Masha or Aza will win her. At least Masha struggled somehow with her in Istambul and Aza won her at expho.

I don't think Vika or Maria will beat Serena soon, no matter the surface. The greates thing about Serena is that she can up her game and intensity whenever she needs it. So she's hardly ever losing matches against top players. It's almost like a robot :lol: Maria played really well in that Istanbul final, but it's very difficult for women to win matches if they can't break their opponents' serve :o

Asanty
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I don't think Vika or Maria will beat Serena soon, no matter the surface. The greates thing about Serena is that she can up her game and intensity whenever she needs it. So she's hardly ever losing matches against top players. It's almost like a robot :lol: Maria played really well in that Istanbul final, but it's very difficult for women to win matches if they can't break their opponents' serve :o

But on another hand, remember that Rena wasn't that impressive first half of the last year, maybe now the second half:oh: ?

JoPova
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
But on another hand, remember that Rena wasn't that impressive first half of the last year, maybe now the second half:oh: ?

She's bound to lose a couple of matches sooner or later :lol: But she's going to dominate 2013 for sure.

Asanty
Jan 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Damn, now I have realized how I badly want to see Maria at the court, 8 days to wait....it is a long ride:help:

Fighterpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/603e8357ac5eb5883e3ca0bfff6c300b/tumblr_mfeighzKbo1s0dshxo1_500.gif

And God forbid Serena loses to Azarenka :tape:

Fighterpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM
As for the Istanbul match, I know a lot of people will jump on me and all, but it wasn't that close. Yes, Maria made Serena work, but Serena wasn't near her best, yet Maria didn't have a single break point in the match. Nowhere in the match did things indicate Maria may win, so Imo, it was a pretty comfortable win for Serena, even though it was refreshing to see Maria win more than her usual range of 1-4 games vs Serena :lol:

JoPova
Jan 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
As for the Istanbul match, I know a lot of people will jump on me and all, but it wasn't that close. Yes, Maria made Serena work, but Serena wasn't near her best, yet Maria didn't have a single break point in the match. Nowhere in the match did things indicate Maria may win, so Imo, it was a pretty comfortable win for Serena, even though it was refreshing to see Maria win more than her usual range of 1-4 games vs Serena :lol:

Serena had one of her best serving performances of the year. Her ground game was solid. The only thing she could've done better was returning Maria's serve, but you are bound to make a few mistakes if you bash the return as hard as she does, which is actually a good tactic against Maria, since it puts pressure on her serve and she starts DFing, jut like it happened at the Olympics.

Fighterpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Serena had one of her best serving performances of the year. Her ground game was solid. The only thing she could've done better was returning Maria's serve, but you are bound to make a few mistakes if you bash the return as hard as she does, which is actually a good tactic against Maria, since it puts pressure on her serve and she starts DFing, jut like it happened at the Olympics.

Serving was good, groundies were very average, but the return was on. I remember she hit 13 return winners including the one on match point. Maria's serve was amazing in Istanbul.

doomsday
Jan 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM

I have zero belief it will happen except on red clay and I really mean it.
Maria's serve and even the second one on red clay are quite difficult to return, she is good during rallies takes the ball where she likes most of the time and the fact that Serena can't move on clay as well as she moves on HC will help. She will also have a look on Serena's serve since on clay it can't be as fast as it is on HC or grass.

But for the other surfaces I agree I don't expect anything anymore even when Serena's form seems dubious she ends up losing against scrubs and the opportunity is gone for Maria.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

shaktincredible
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Sharapova will win her 5th slam here!! *finger crossed*

and for the dress, personally my fave is her 2006 babydoll dress #cute and also her 2008 white dress because she won the tournament with that dress lol

Angelpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM

Yes, so boring :hysteric:

Angelpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Getting a life is overrated. Nothing good comes from it. Believe me, you're much better of if you have a Sharapova than a life. ;)

:worship:

Fighterpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
MARIA SHARAPOVA- AUSTRALIAN OPEN BEST OF :)

Maria came in as the 4th seed and still 17 after having a fantastic year in 2004 in which she won Wimbledon and the YEC, beating Serena in both finals. She had a tough road to the Semifinals playing three 3 set matches including her epic battle versus No.5 seed and US Open champion Kuznetsova in the Quarterfinals 4-6 6-2 6-2 (She also beat Li along the way, losing only 2 games).
CRChUC-QhJ4
Amazing high quality match between the Wimbledon and US Open champions. High quality, lots of drama and the famous EPIC match point starting at 12:00.

Then, in the Semifinals, Maria went up against Serena Williams who was struggling with form and injuries. Maria had a 6-2 5-4 lead and was serving for the match and also had 3 match points in the 3rd set, but failed to capitalize. Even though she lost, she gave Serena one of her toughest wins of her career, so it deserves a mention! Serena won 2-6 7-5 8-6.
664HFmSgE3c

Maria once again came to the Aussie Open as the 4th seed after a consistent 2005. She powered her way to the Semis without losing a set. In the 4th round she beat an in form Hantuchova 6-4 6-4 who eliminated the defending champion, Serena in the previous round and in the Quarterfinals, she had a hard fought 7-6 6-4 win over No.6 seed Nadia Petrova. She started her Semifinal strong, but wasn't able to close it out the right way and eventually lost to Henin 4-6 6-1 6-4.
Bhojk7qp6hI
GV3rO2fesJ8

For the 2nd time in her career, Maria was the 1st seed at a Grand Slam. At the very start of the tournament, Maria had huge trouble, playing outdoors at nearly 50 degrees Celsius(one of the hottest days in tennis history). Her opponent was Camille Pin and after a strong start, the heat affected Maria's game in the 2nd set. In the 3rd, she was able to pull it together and gain a 5-0 lead, but shortly, Pin came back in the match and was 2 points away from winning. Maria's mental toughness pulled her through as she was able to invest her very last atoms of energy and win 6-3 4-6 9-7 in one of the matches we will always remember. She had a rough road to the finals, but she won her next 6 matches in straight sets. She played Zvonareva in R4, winning 7-5 6-4 in a very high quality and dramatic 2 setter. She later beat Chakvetadze 7-6 7-5 and sent Kim into retirement in the Semifinals, beating her 6-4 6-2 with another awesome match point. In the final, she played Serena who had slipped down to No. 81 in the world. To everyone's shock, Serena won in 52 minutes 6-1 6-2 and gave one of the best performances of her life. As a result of reaching the final, maria returned to No.1
zVhEDdtIZt8
rDBhsl9w-XE
djusbXrYHPc

2008- *Australian Open Champion* :worship:
After a tough and injury filled 2007 season, Maria came back to Australia as the 5th seed. The Australian Open had received a makeover and the entire venue and courts were a very nice shade of blue for the first time in history and our Siberian Siren was the 1st woman to win it in this edition! She dominated her way to her 3rd Grand Slam title, losing only 32 games and winning each of her matches in straight sets. She had a very tough draw, but managed to beat 4 Top 10 players in a row, including 3 Top 5! Maria raced through her first 4 rounds, dismantling Davenport 6-1 6-2, bageling Vesnina and demolishing Dementieva 6-2 6-0 to set up another match with her long time rival, Justine Henin. Henin had won 10 titles in 2007 including 2 Slams and the YEC and was on a 32 match winning streak and had not lost a match since Wimbledon. Maria have Henin the toughest win of her 2007 at the YEC final, but this time she was determined to win. With one of the most brilliant performances of her life, Maria beat Henin 6-4 6-0 and left the tennis world in shock. To this day this remains Maria's 'magnum opus'. She wasn't planning on stopping there though as she was set to win. She beat No.3 Jankovic in the semis 6-3 6-1 games and No.4(and new No.2) Ana Ivanovic in the final 7-5 6-3.

iBLUK2PlUms
WUtSK19Wyxo
Y7yzOF0oib0
yR8HmQv5gJs
3eAb36h5Rbc
pZ7zz1_XXzU
VQLr_5t2Xis

After missing the 2009 edition due to shoulder injury, Maria returned to Melbourne as the 14th seed. Shockingly, she lost to Maria Kirilenko in the 1st round 7-6 3-6 6-4. She fought hard, but made over 70 UE which cost her the match.
gPhThF9J7Eo

Maria had a disappointing 2010 and we all remember the Asian Swing and the early AO preps. It looked like Maria had hit rock bottom, but a new year is new hope! She was ranked No.16, but was seeded 14th in the draw. After a solid win in the 1st round, she had a tough match against Razzano in the 2nd round, but found her game when she needed to. After that came a spectacular match versus Goerges, one of the best in the 2011 edition of the Aussie Open which Maria won 4-6 6-4 6-4. She then faced an inspired Andra Petkovic and once again, made far many errors and convincingly lost 6-2 6-3.
WTHw96GsGpY
Nt3Fqw210VQ

For the 3rd time in her career, Maria was seeded 4th at the Aussie Open. Despite a strong 2011 in which she came back to the Top 5 finally and reached a Grand Slam final, not many believed she would reach the final after her nasty ankle injury and lack of match play. She proved everyone wrong and showed what a great fighter she is. She stormed through the opening three rounds, losing only 5 games. She got revenge on Dulko for Wimby 2009 and beat soon to be Top 10- Kerber 6-1 6-2. Next up was her 4th round epic versus Lisicki who made Maria work hard. After the shocking elimination of Serena, Maria had a clear path to the Semis. She proved too strong versus Makarova, losing only 5 games. She went into the Semifinals as the complete underdog versus Kvitova. Kvitova had had a stellar year and was a few points away from reaching the No.1 ranking. Despite both not being at their best, they produced one of the most dramatic encounters of 2012 and Maria's will power pulled her through. In the final Maria was again inconsistent and lost to Azarenka 6-3 6-0, but all in all it was a very satisfying Australian Open!

Lo2nKdje0RU
u_F3fzyJNZ8
Wo20PdqNNsc
iE7a4m5C1JU
R9NkqASm_is
bKsoSMyyf0c

Best of luck to Maria Sharapova at the 2013 Australian Open and lets hope our Siberian Siren can give another epic performance in Melbourne :cheer:

Fighterpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hopefully some good reps come my way, I spent like 45 minutes on this :sobbing:

domon17th
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Love the review Fighterpova :worship: I can still remember the 07 and 08 editions so CLEARLY. Like Baby girl just fought through those draws yesterday. Sigh...

18majors
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Hopefully some good reps come my way, I spent like 45 minutes on this :sobbing:

Great job, Fighterpova, you're a great Maria fan!

Fighterpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks, I also did the recap for Maria's 2012 :cheer: I might do one for other Slams when the time comes, but there isn't seem to be enough HL's at the FO :tears:

NiMaria
Jan 5th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Nice compilation Fighterpova. Very informative of Maria's history at the AO.

Angelpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Are you fucking kidding me ?:oh:

5cmMpZekjD8

**mashafierce**
Jan 5th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Nice work Fighterpova!! It just hit me that we have been watching her game mature and I think this year she will reach the peak she's been building since late 2011. I just wish that a certain other tennis player hadn't also reached her peak and weren't nearly unbeatable.

RenaPova
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Go Maria! :cheer:

debby
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM
You guys

What Maria matches should I watch again to exactly know what her peak is? AO 2008 against Henin, AO 2005 against Serena ? what else ?

Cosmic Voices
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM
You guys

What Maria matches should I watch again to exactly know what her peak is? AO 2008 against Henin, AO 2005 against Serena ? what else ?

Stuttgart 2012 against Vika :oh:
Beijing 2012 against Doncurber

YEC vs Henin was also quality

just don't watch any matches from 2010, God help you :help:

debby
Jan 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Stuttgart 2012 against Vika :oh:
Beijing 2012 against Doncurber

YEC vs Henin was also quality

just don't watch any matches from 2010, God help you :help:

You are gonna laugh but...

I never watched this Stuttgart match. I was not home back then , not even following the livescores. :hysteric:

JamieOwen3
Jan 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Maria played so well. Her backhand down the line was phenomenal.

Trih
Jan 5th, 2013, 10:06 PM
You guys

You are gonna laugh but...

I never watched this Stuttgart match. I was not home back then , not even following the livescores. :hysteric:

vs Stosur in Stuttgart last year ;) Peak ClayPova :bowdown: (and I only saw the highlights of that :lol:)

dsanders06
Jan 5th, 2013, 10:43 PM
You guys

:spit: That wasn't even close to peak Maria. :lol:

dsanders06
Jan 5th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Seeding brackets are official, here's who Maria could theoretically draw in each round (if seedings hold):

1ST/2ND ROUND
Any non-seed (obviously) including Loomers Lisicki & Kuznetsova :unsure:

3RD ROUND
Venus, Hsieh, Cirstea, Shvedova, Stephens, Paszek, U.Radwanska, Barthel

4TH ROUND
Ivanovic, Kirilenko, Cibulkova, Vinci

QFs
Kerber, Li, Errani, Kvitova

SFs
Serena, Radwanska

dsanders06
Jan 5th, 2013, 10:56 PM
...and so, let's do Dream Draws :oh:

R1: Minella (I want Rustpova to get a cakewalk to start off with and I am not ashamed to admit it)
R2: Oudin
R3: Venus
R4: Cibulkova
QFs: Kerber
SFs: Serena :oh:
F: Azarenka

Mistress of Evil
Jan 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM
1st: Schiavone
2nd: Kuznetsova
3rd: Venus
4th: Ivanovic
QF: Kvitova/Li
SF: Serena
F: Azarenka

Please!

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 5th, 2013, 11:05 PM
I want the toughest draw possible for her :yeah:.

NiMaria
Jan 5th, 2013, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't mind a tough draw the first couple of rounds.

As much as I want it to happen though just don't see how she can beat both Vika and Rena in SF and F. Hopefully one of them loses before then:help:

doomsday
Jan 5th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I want the toughest draw possible for her :yeah:.

THIS. Kinda OZ08 :hearts:

Angelpova
Jan 5th, 2013, 11:30 PM
As much as I want it to happen though just don't see how she can beat both Vika and Rena in SF and F. Hopefully one of them loses before then :help:

Yes, at least one of them. I pray for that. :bowdown:

killerqueen
Jan 5th, 2013, 11:38 PM
God that SF with Kvitova last year was such an intense match. I woke up at 4am specifically for it and called in work sick later to rest! I remember literally struggling to not scream at the end!

Also completely unrelated, but or the very first time, I just saw some highlights vs Cadantu RG round 1 last year.. It was probably commented on lots at the time, but wtf was up with that girls variety of grunts.! :lol:

Tennisvampire
Jan 6th, 2013, 12:07 AM

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I would give Maria some chance on clay (not that blue shit ofc :lol:), but Serena is always peakRena whenever she plays Pova, so... I think that's the thing that annoys me the most when it comes to Serena. It irritates me so much that you basically CHOOSE to play the best against your biggest opponents, but can't find the motivation or whatever to not tank against worse players :rolleyes: Not to mention tanking deliberately to not lose to Maria :fiery: Plus, her irreparable acting skills :o And I would maybe give some chance to Vika on slower HCs like here, at the AO, especially since we've seen how Rena can play shitty against her (USO 2012 :hysteric:). Anyway, I think Vika will crack Rena before Maria (if the latter ever even achieves it :sobbing:) simply because she is feisty and I think more determined to beat her, plus like I said Serena showed her vulnerable side against Aza.

TrollPova
Jan 6th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Lord, watching Kvitova play now against Cibulkova is so depressing :help:. I think it's safe to say that we shouldn't fear a match against her at the AO like we did last year. Although their matches have all been really competitive so who knows. It's just so sad watching these promising players fail to maintain a high level :sobbing:

debby
Jan 6th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Lord, watching Kvitova play now against Cibulkova is so depressing :help:. I think it's safe to say that we shouldn't fear a match against her at the AO like we did last year. Although their matches have all been really competitive so who knows. It's just so sad watching these promising players fail to maintain a high level :sobbing:

Kvitova = Ivanovic 2.0 ?? :tape: ok that is reaching.

You guys how can you want Vika AND Serena in a row?! I want Maria to beat one of them but not the two of them because I don't believe she can do it, sadly.

Mexicola
Jan 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
The tougher the draw for Maria, the better. She's had enough time off and she needs matchups that get her attention and focus quickly. If she wants to be a factor and continue to be ranked in the top 3, she needs to take on and beat all comers. I don't want her avoiding anyone. And I want to see if that off-season work has paid off. Give me Lisicki or Svetlana in the first round. Serena is her same dominant self and Vika, when she did play, looked really good as well. So let's see what Maria is made of.

As for Kvitova, she's totally lost right now. I don't see the mental toughness, desire, and commitment to be the best in a demanding sport. I'm sure her people have tried to motivate her time and time again about her conditioning, but I see no improvement. That gut of hers isn't getting any smaller. It's totally up to her and right now she doesn't seem to be interested in being a great tennis player. There's still time for her to get serious, as we saw with Lindsay Davenport, but early results suggest 2013 won't be much different than 2012.

Maria Croft
Jan 6th, 2013, 08:27 AM
So, it looks like the first and third round could turn out to be really difficult depending on who she draws.
I don't really care that much about the draw to be honest, but I do hope she gets an easy first round, it's always best to get that first match of the season out of the way with a quick win.

domon17th
Jan 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Challenging draw but not insane would be great.

Chrissie-fan
Jan 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I hope her draw isn't too challenging in the first couple of rounds at least. She won't have any matches under her belt like everyone else and it's better that she can build up some confidence first before running into any tough players, although I suppose that virtually every player is dangerous when she's on and Maria is not.

Angelpova
Jan 6th, 2013, 09:30 PM
:cheer: :banana: 7 days to go :banana: :cheer:

http://i.imgur.com/Pussc.jpg

NiMaria
Jan 6th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I can't wait any longer...:help:

I hope she makes semis at least :bounce:

WowWow
Jan 6th, 2013, 11:58 PM

She continues to suck?
I haven't seen her play in a while.

jameshazza
Jan 6th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I don't mind a tough draw but I do want a cake for the first round or maybe even the second as well. Simply because she hasn't played in a while.

WowWow
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:09 AM
I don't mind a tough draw but I do want a cake for the first round or maybe even the second as well. Simple because she hasn't played in a while.

I agree. She needs to get some matches under her belt first.
It's been a while since she last played.

dsanders06
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Kvitova = Ivanovic 2.0 ?? :tape: ok that is reaching.

You guys how can you want Vika AND Serena in a row?! I want Maria to beat one of them but not the two of them because I don't believe she can do it, sadly.

Beating Azarenka and Serena would make it the most impressive run to a Slam title in terms of names beaten of anyone in recent years :worship:

jameshazza
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Maria beating Serena isn't likely at this stage although it's the start of a new season, anyway even if it did happen I would crawl up and die, actually leave the forum, if she beat Serena and then flopped to Vika in the Final.

IDK, I'm interested to see how Vika does here. As many have pointed out she's never claim close to defending any of her more important titles but she's just too consistent to lose to the lower ranked players. The only way she's losing is if a BBB has a rare on day or she just plays shit.

dsanders06
Jan 7th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Maria beating Serena isn't likely at this stage although it's the start of a new season, anyway even if it did happen I would crawl up and die, actually leave the forum, if she beat Serena and then flopped to Vika in the Final.

IDK, I'm interested to see how Vika does here. As many have pointed out she's never claim close to defending any of her more important titles but she's just too consistent to lose to the lower ranked players. The only way she's losing is if a BBB has a rare on day or she just plays shit.

This would be typical Maria :o

Honestly, personally I don't read too much into the Vika never defending a title stat....I mean she showed last year that she isn't really the type who gets affected by pressure, so to me that stat is just a coincidence I think. I really don't see her losing to anyone but Serena or Maria here; MAYBE an on-fire Li at a push.

jameshazza
Jan 7th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Yeah that's what I mean about the lower ranked players not getting past her for the foreseeable future. I could actually see Kerber taking her out though.Her deluded stans like to think she just plays shit against her despite the fact their last two matches are actually very high quality.

Vika is just a good match-up for Kerber. She's quicker than Vika by a long margin, plus Vika gives her the sort of ball she loves. Not anywhere near enough to overpower her like Maria/Serena but enough that she can use the pace given. Plus her killer shot FH DTL is the one a lefty needs to use against Vika. Just like a right hander needs to use the BH DTL.

Fighterpova
Jan 7th, 2013, 02:20 AM
When does the draw come out? I can barely wait another day :hysteric: So pumped up for AO :cheer:

Crux Squall
Jan 7th, 2013, 02:31 AM
When does the draw come out? I can barely wait another day :hysteric: So pumped up for AO :cheer:

Friday, 5 days to go

JoPova
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
5 days to the draw.. I can't wait! I need it! :cheer:

PimpMePova
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I really hope she doesn't draw Serena in her half :tape: I don't get why most of you would want Maria to face her in the semis :hysteric: I for once would like her to go through to the final....

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I dont want to see her get another beat down by Serena in a huge final and in prime time :hysteric:

JoPova
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I really hope she doesn't draw Serena in her half :tape: I don't get why most of you would want Maria to face her in the semis :hysteric: I for once would like her to go through to the final....

Because having back to back beatdowns in the AO F would be too much to handle :hysteric: :sobbing:

PimpMePova
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I don't know...at least if she made the final it'd mean she had better results than Azarenka :shrug: I've kind of made amends with the Serena beatdowns

Trih
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I honestly don't know what I want from the draw :hysteric: but maybe it's more possible for her to win vs Vika than vs Serena :help:

PimpMePova
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM
If she still can't beat Azarenka on HC I'll kill myself :hysteric: I'm ok with her losing to Serena but she better turn that H2H around this year with "extremely injured"

doomsday
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Because having back to back beatdowns in the AO F would be too much to handle :hysteric: :sobbing:

:lol: exactly.
Give me Serena in the semis I don't care, Maria will also play freely because last time I checked in finals :help: not only Serena plays her best tennis but Maria somehow plays her worst :lol:

PimpMePova
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:56 AM
:lol: exactly.
Give me Serena in the semis I don't care, Maria will also play freely because last time I checked in finals :help: not only Serena plays her best tennis but Maria somehow plays her worst :lol:

that is true :lol: I guess if you think that maria will have a chance to beat serena if they'd played in the SF I'm all for it. I just have lost any hope whatsoever at this point :sad:

doomsday
Jan 7th, 2013, 10:58 AM
that is true :lol: I guess if you think that maria will have a chance to beat serena if they'd played in the SF I'm all for it. I just have lost any hope whatsoever at this point :sad:

It's going to be tough for sure, but I believe she has more chances in semis than in final.

Asanty
Jan 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I want that she will play as great as she did in Istanbul, will beat Aza and reach at least QF-SF. Hope she won't meet Rena in early rounds.

Chrissie-fan
Jan 7th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Well, let's just hope that Vika and Serena are in the same half. That way if both make it to the semis one will get rid of the other and Maria will have to face just one of them.

Lachy
Jan 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Maria's winning the Australian Open guys. She got dis.

doomsday
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I want that she will play as great as she did in Istanbul, will beat Aza and reach at least QF-SF. Hope she won't meet Rena in early rounds.

Well, she can't play Serena before semis.

Fighterpova
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I honestly want Serena in Maria's half :shrug:

With Serena's form and Azarenka's HC abilities, chances are not high for Maria. I'd much rather have her lose in the SF than to see her lose another GS final :shrug:

claypova
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
really? Either way she still loses, so finals is better than semifinals. More points as well. I would've rather Maria be a runner-up at last year's USO than a semifinalist.

Fighterpova
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I know I sound negative, but given Serena's current form, if she's focused, anyone will struggle to win games :shrug:

Fighterpova
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Plus, even though 2012 was awesome for Maria and I believe/hope she will win a Slam in 2013 as well, I don't want her to have a 33% success in finals :shrug:

PimpMePova
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
really? Either way she still loses, so finals is better than semifinals. More points as well. I would've rather Maria be a runner-up at last year's USO than a semifinalist. that's also what I think but than again if doomsday's theory's true I wouldn't mind a Serena semi-final however I don't see her winning against Serena :shrug: I'd like to see her face Vika though that's not possible as they'll be on opposite sides as the number 1 and 2 seeds.
Also I'm pretty sure Serena will be in Azarenka's half as in all of the slams last year 1 and 3 were on one side and 2 and 4 on the other

Fighterpova
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Plus, am I the only one who wants a Maria vs Kerber/Li/Kvitova final even though it wont happen? :lol:

I think Maria playing any of those 3 would make a great and competitive final with a good outcome :oh:

PimpMePova
Jan 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM
^ I think every pova fan would want this kind of final :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Jan 7th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I honestly want Serena in Maria's half :shrug:

With Serena's form and Azarenka's HC abilities, chances are not high for Maria. I'd much rather have her lose in the SF than to see her lose another GS final :shrug:
The way I see it there will be at the most 2 players in the draw with a better chance than Maria while 125 of them have less of a chance. That's not that bad a position to be in. And I wouldn't take it for granted that all three will make it to the semis anyway. There's always the possibility that one of them will be taken out by the likes of a Li Na or Kerber, or even by a lower ranked player who plays the tournament of her life - there's usually one of those around. And even if all three make it to the semis Maria is not without a chance. She'd be the underdog I suppose, but that also means less pressure on her shoulders and more on those of the other two.

NashaMasha
Jan 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I'd like both Maria and Azarenka play Serena at AO, the more they play - the more chances one of them will beat Sarin.
I think the worst possible draw is Aza and Masha in one half and Serena/Aga in the other.... cakewalk for Serena like at USO , where she not playing well reached Final with washed up Vika

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
^Agree. I would love for Serena to face both Vika and Maria back-to-back the the Aussie.

Fighterpova
Jan 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Fun fact: Both Maria and Azarenka win on average 7.58 games versus Serena :lol: (though you would expect much less :spit:)

But anyway, it's funny how the GM experts claim Vika and Serena have an epic 'rivalry' while Maria is Serena's slave :lol:

NashaMasha
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Fun fact: Both Maria and Azarenka win on average 7.58 games versus Serena :lol: (though you would expect much less :spit:)

But anyway, it's funny how the GM experts claim Vika and Serena have an epic 'rivalry' while Maria is Serena's slave :lol:

experts on the GM still don't understand that Serena can play like crap vs mugs and step up vs players whom she consider to be dangerous opponents....
She demostrated it clearly in the match vs Pavs, than she told that she knows that Nastia is decent player who beat two top 10 playerы and she was focused to beat her. But in GM "experts" will continue mocking Masha (and Vika sometimes) for being less competitive with Serena than some mugs in first rounds

JoPova
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
^Agree. I would love for Serena to face both Vika and Maria back-to-back the the Aussie.

Last year at the Olympics they won 4 games combined :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Last year at the Olympics they won 4 games combined :hysteric:

I know :hysteric: And at Madrid they won a handful of games as well :sobbing:.

But I still want that to happen though :lol:.

AnnieIWillKnow
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:44 PM
^ I remember thinking before the Olympic final that I'd be content if Maria just won more games vs. Serena than Vika did :hysteric:

doomsday
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM
^ I remember thinking before the Olympic final that I'd be content if Maria just won more games vs. Serena than Vika did :hysteric:

:lol: Serena broke our souls.:lol:

JoPova
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:47 PM
At the Olympics nobody was predicting Maria to win. We were all wondering if there was a possibility of her taking a set, but most people were skeptical :hysteric:

In Madrid Serena was good, but both Maria and Vika were awful!

Trih
Jan 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I'd like both Maria and Azarenka play Serena at AO, the more they play - the more chances one of them will beat Sarin.
I think the worst possible draw is Aza and Masha in one half and Serena/Aga in the other.... cakewalk for Serena like at USO , where she not playing well reached Final with washed up Vika

I don't think it's even possible, I guess Maria and Azarenka will be seeded #1 and #2 so they could only meet in the final; the only thing to see is which half Serena will end up in.

Tennisvampire
Jan 7th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Ah, all these predictions that Maria will land in the final if she doesn't get to face Rena. I for one predict her losing to the Vulture, after all we need something to over shadow Miami :lol: I'm just kidding of course, but it just crossed my mind how that would be a fail of epic proportions even for some of Maria's standards :lol:

jameshazza
Jan 8th, 2013, 12:09 AM
I'm not getting any hopes up until I see her play. You just never know at the start of a new season. I really can't see her going out before the QFs though unless she meets a tough opponent on fire while dishing up one of her specials.

MashaFan01
Jan 8th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Jan 14 the Australian Open 2013 finally starts and all of us Masha fans of course have high hopes forher - Can she make it to the final? - Can she win another slam? - Can she stand up to Victoria Azarenka and most of all to Serena Williams? - These are probably the main questions - This year's Australian Open is a difficult one for Masha with not only Victoria Azarenka as a possible opponent - but more so with Serena Williams in the mix - W haven't seen Masha in action this year as of yet - We however know that if there is one player who can surprise - that will be Masha - We'll see where she stands after her first Australian Open match - Hopefully she'll show good form from the start

SWOT #25 Maria Sharapova (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2013-01-09/201301081357681631641.html)
Mary Joe Fernandez, former world No. 4 and tennis analyst:
“I thought Maria played really well at the end of last year … After losing to Vika again and again, she learned from those matches. She turned the tables on Azarenka at the Year-End Championships. Now I think that Maria feels that she can play Vika anytime. In that year-end final, she played her best against Serena, which has always been a bad match up for her. When she won the Australian Open in 2008 she didn’t drop a set. I expect we’ll see that from from her again this year.”

Tennisvampire
Jan 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Wanted to post something, it's a shame that this AO thread is less active in recent history than the new one :hearts:

Angelpova
Jan 8th, 2013, 11:28 PM
:cheer: :banana: 5 days to go :banana: :cheer:

Stonerpova
Jan 8th, 2013, 11:43 PM
MJF is such a stan :inlove:

NashaMasha
Jan 8th, 2013, 11:52 PM
MJF - welcome to Siberian Siren:cheer:

18majors
Jan 9th, 2013, 12:12 AM
We're due for a great Maria match soon, it has been more than 10 weeks since Maria played her 2012 YEC final. Hope Maria has completely recovered from her collar bone injuries and will play 2013 AO like it's 2008 all over again.

dsanders06
Jan 9th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Yes Mary Joe! :hearts:

Though I bet Serena now withdraws from Fed Cup out of spite.

Crux Squall
Jan 9th, 2013, 12:26 AM
i don't know what you think, but please we have offical AO thread.

TrollPova
Jan 9th, 2013, 01:16 AM
It would truly be remarkable if Maria were to repeat her 2007-08 Australian Open runs. I can't wait for her first match! Hope she opens the night session on Rod Laver :hearts:

Crux Squall
Jan 9th, 2013, 01:38 AM
:cheer: :banana: 5 days to go :banana: :cheer:

2 days to main draw :cheer:

Stonerpova
Jan 9th, 2013, 04:44 AM
It would truly be remarkable if Maria were to repeat her 2007-08 Australian Open runs. I can't wait for her first match! Hope she opens the night session on Rod Laver :hearts:

I would for real be all good in terms of career accomplishments. The Career Slam is obviously amazing, but I want her to have more than "just" one of each, and pulling off the RU/Champion double consecutively two different times would just be a testament to her desire and her resilience.

jameshazza
Jan 9th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Does anyone know if AO have the Wimbledon tradition where defending champion plays second day in the women's. I want to know what day she'll be playing. The second day would suit me better. :lol:

peipei
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:33 AM
cant wait for AO!!!!

claypova
Jan 9th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Does anyone know if AO have the Wimbledon tradition where defending champion plays second day in the women's. I want to know what day she'll be playing. The second day would suit me better. :lol:

I think the defending champion usually plays on the first day, so Maria will play on Day 2.

jameshazza
Jan 9th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Please let it be true. :sobbing:

Andy.
Jan 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I would for real be all good in terms of career accomplishments. The Career Slam is obviously amazing, but I want her to have more than "just" one of each, and pulling off the RU/Champion double consecutively two different times would just be a testament to her desire and her resilience.

Well she did win the same number of games in the runners up performances.....just saying ;)

peipei
Jan 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM
it would be funny if the runner-up this yr is Anna too...lol

TrollPova
Jan 9th, 2013, 01:18 PM
^ I think GM would drop dead if Ana made it to the finals of a Grand Slam again :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 9th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I'm so excited bout this tournament :cheer:.

It will either make my week or break it :sobbing:. As long as she reaches the QF I'm fine with it if she loses earlier I'll be spending the rest of the days of the tournament in my office thinking about how she could have gone further :haha:.

JoPova
Jan 9th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Can this tournament start already? :hysteric: We've seen every player on the court, except for Maria! :sobbing: It's been too long!

dsanders06
Jan 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I wish we'd had some sort of update on how she's getting on, like whether she's serving at full speed yet, etc. The pessimist in me is still terrified that a couple of days before the tournament she'll find out the injury is much more serious than she thought and she'll have to drop out :sobbing: