PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane 2013: The Re-Birth of PlexiPova GOAT.

Pages : [1] 2

MashaFan01
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Brisbane International (http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/)

Her chances in another clash with S. Williams and/or V. Azarenka?

Stonerpova
Nov 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
High :shrug:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
I want another clash with Vika early on, preferably before the final :angel:.

Shivank17
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
That won't happen, they'll be in opposite halves as top two seeds. Should happen after AO though when Arazenka's huge points come off

I think if she serves well and doesn't go around playing baseball all of a sudden she should beat Vika. And well can take a set off Rena.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

PimpMePova
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
I'm just wondering with the rankings that they have now should all three reach a semifinal of brisbane and/or AO who would face Serena in the semi-final? I think it would be Azarenka because in the USO Maria was No. 3 and she faced Azarenka right?

Shivank17
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Both Maria and Arazenka will have a 50% chance to face Rena.

The No.3 and No.4 are randomly placed in each half.

NashaMasha
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Both Maria and Arazenka will have a 50% chance to face Rena.

The No.3 and No.4 are randomly placed in each half.

Brisbane has strong field in 2013, it's not like a place in SF is guaranteed even for Serena

PimpMePova
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
I think that if the top 3 continue to play the way they did last year it's very likely to face off in the semis but all these are speculations so we never know

Shivank17
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
I was stating in general. ;) That person asked and/or AO too.

For all we know, Serena will probably tank Brisbane and lose to someone random there.

MashaFan01
Dec 13th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Here's the Brisbane Women's Singles List (http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/players/womens-singles-2013) so far - A very strong field for a Premier 700 event

BTW - the WTA has redone it's Homepage: WTA's Homepage (http://www.wtatennis.com/)

MashaFan01
Dec 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Link: Serena Williams suffers surgery again with toes woe (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/serena-williams-suffers-surgery-again--with-toes-woe-8426338.html)

If Serena pulls out from the Brisbane tournament - it should increase Masha's chances to win the Brisbane title - only 10 days to go now!!

dsanders06
Dec 21st, 2012, 12:11 AM
Serena is playing apparently. :shrug: Although, we all know that if she's not at 100% form, she'll tank in one of the early rounds to avoid losing to Maria or Azarenka. :lol:

Stonerpova
Dec 21st, 2012, 02:40 AM
Has Serena ever won an AO warmup? She usually plays a couple matches and then peaces. But who knows, I would have never thought she'd play Stanford through to the end last year and she did :shrug:

18majors
Dec 22nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Brisbane is only a week away. Go Maria!

Overhead vollies, steady serves and powerful forehands; this is a season of plenty for Maria.

MM_1257
Dec 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
I am not ready for a new season yet!!! :hysteric:

dsanders06
Dec 23rd, 2012, 03:09 AM
Has Serena ever won an AO warmup? She usually plays a couple matches and then peaces. But who knows, I would have never thought she'd play Stanford through to the end last year and she did :shrug:

She won Hopman Cup a couple of times :lol: But no, she's never won an official warm-up. As you say, when she played Sydney she'd usually just want a couple of matches to get her feet wet and then tank against an irrelevant like Dementieva. But she's not going to want to tank to Maria or Vika or anyone else she knows can actually beat her at a Slam (maybe Petra too?), so she's not going to tank to them and give them a confidence boost -- so she'll either tank in the early rounds of Brisbane or go all-out for a win if she plays one of those, imo.

--

And yes, even though I've been willing the offseason to end, I really CAN'T believe the new season is just a week away :o First Brisbane matches will be taking place literally this time next week, right?

Asanty
Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:56 AM
Can't believe, only one week left. Off season flied so fast. Can't wait for expo as well.

oneshot
Dec 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
I for one am struggling with tennis withdrawal. I just CAN'T WAIT for the new season. I think it'll just be even better than last year for some reason. There's so much at stake right now and especially between the big 3, they must all be uber motivated to face each other off and off-season work will definitely show that.

Regarding Brisbane, I don't think Serena will show up at all. So a Povarenka final to start the year off is all I could ask for :inlove:

Andy.
Dec 24th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I cannot wait for this tournament to start.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using VerticalSports.Com App

AniaSharapova
Dec 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Off season flies so fast this year! Maria has been very active during that time, so many exhos, facebook updates and events. Hope that she also put some good work to her training and her hard work will pay off during Australian season.
Brisbane is a great place to warm up before AO, Maria has to use this time the best as she can.

SilverSlam
Dec 27th, 2012, 03:58 AM
:cheer: :oh:

Sorry but Mashafan01's thread wasn't really about Brisbane.......... :oh:

Q draw will be done today.

heelsrule1988
Dec 27th, 2012, 04:28 AM
A new season is upon us! :D

But why do we care about when the qualifying draw comes out, anyway? :p

SilverSlam
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:15 AM
So we can see who she bagels in R1 :oh:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Silas
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Sharapova def. Kirilenko 60 60
Sharapova def. Radwanska 61 60

http://i52.tinypic.com/s5ivtl.gif
tas right
idk why but i really want maria to demolish those 2..

Regarding Azarenka, i wouldn't mind a high quality 3 setter http://operationgaga.com/public/style_emoticons/default/brush.gif

claypova
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Opening the Tokyo and Brisbane threads :lol:
I remember opening the Tokyo and Auckland thread, and she flopped in both :sobbing:

When's the MD coming out? I didn't realise that the tennis season was starting to soon :D

Silas
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Opening the Tokyo and Brisbane threads :lol:
I remember opening the Tokyo and Auckland thread, and she flopped in both :sobbing:

When's the MD coming out? I didn't realise that the tennis season was starting to soon :D

Jan 11 http://www.tennisforum.com/customavatars/avatar74461_2.gif

claypova
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Jan 11 http://www.tennisforum.com/customavatars/avatar74461_2.gif

Pretty sure that's not right since Brisbane starts on 30th of December :p

Silas
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Pretty sure that's not right since Brisbane starts on 30th of December :p

http://i.imgur.com/do4ym.gif im so stupid why was i talking about AO on Brisbane thread... Anyway, on their site, it says draws are out Dec 30

claypova
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/do4ym.gif im so stupid why was i talking about AO on Brisbane thread... Anyway, on their site, it says draws are out Dec 30

:lol::lol:

thanks! :bounce:

Stonerpova
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:43 AM
So so pumped :cheer:

Silas
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:45 AM
So is Maria wearing that yellow dress from the Nike Collection thread???
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwxys7gdMl1qii6tmo1_500.gif

SilverSlam
Dec 27th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I think she'll be wearing her exho clothes, or her new yellow tank and skirt. It's hard to know really, she hasn't really played a warmup event after a YEC.

Cosmic Voices
Dec 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM
What I like the yellow dress? :shrug:
anyway it'll be great to see her in a slam warmup, I just hope it doesn't actually do her harm in the main GS because we all know how great she did bar the final taking a direct acceptance into the AO without a pre-tournament :oh:

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Well done Silver! :cheer: Can't wait for the draw! I'm quite anxious for this 2013 season to start!

MashaFan01
Dec 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM
News from Brisbane: Sharapova due to arrive early in Brisbane (http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/2012/12/sharapova-due-to-arrive-early-in-brisbane)

TrollPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Silas, those gifs :sobbing:

I'm so excited for this tournament. She gets a BYE in the first round right?

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Yes, there's a BYE for the first 2 seeds, Maria and Victoria :)

MashaFan01
Dec 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
More News from Brisbane: Anxiously seeking Maria Sharapova (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/anxiously-seeking-maria-sharapova/story-fnbe6xeb-1226544283057)

And BTW - citing that my thread wasn't really about Brisbane is just lame!

Asanty
Dec 27th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry what is bye?:rolleyes:

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Sorry what is bye?:rolleyes:

Maria and Victoria don't have to play their first round matches. They are already in the second round ;)

Cosmic Voices
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Maria and Victoria don't have to play their first round matches. They are already in the second round ;)

i dont like when they get byes :sobbing:

GrandMartha
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
sorry to burst to bubble but i don't think she'll show up :o

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
i dont like when they get byes :sobbing:

I just wish her first opponent won't be Lisicki, Barthel, Safarova, Cibulkova or one of those players that generally suck, but that she'll play lights out tennis against Maria!

Asanty
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:10 PM

Well, it is interesting...what does it depend on? Their WTA rating? And how often does it happen?

Asanty
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:11 PM

Why?:confused:

18majors
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the OP, this is what we need.

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Well, it is interesting...what does it depend on? Their WTA rating? And how often does it happen?

The number of BYEs depends on how big the tournament is and they are normally given to the ranking of the players seeded in the tournament. Brisbane is a Premier, so it only has two BYEs.

Cosmic Voices
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I wonder what the field at Sydney will look like

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I wonder what the field at Sydney will look like

I think Petra and Caro are the top seeds :oh:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I genuinely think Petra is going to win Sydney and then reach the AO finals
and, not just because Vika + Rena are in the Brisbane field, but I wish Masha had played Sydney instead - but there is less rest time before the AO

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I genuinely think Petra is going to win Sydney and then reach the AO finals
and, not just because Vika + Rena are in the Brisbane field, but I wish Masha had played Sydney instead - but there is less rest time before the AO

That would be :hearts: Maria-Petra AO Final :drool:

I think Serena's winning both Brisbane and AO, which is fine, because she's an amazing player, but it gets boring after a while.

18majors
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Maria will arrive in Brisbane on Saturday, December 29. She will have at least 2 days of practices before her first match with most likely a top 30 player.

Asanty
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Which channel usually broadcasts Brisbane tournament?

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Which channel usually broadcasts Brisbane tournament?

Eurosport and WTA haven't renewed their relationship for 2013, so there won't be wta tennis on ES anymore. In Italy we have Supertennis, which will be showing WTA tennis, starting from the QF in Brisbane! I don't know what's happening in Russia, but I'm sure we'll find streams online for most of the matches! ;)

Asanty
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Eurosport and WTA haven't renewed their relationship for 2013, so there won't be wta tennis on ES anymore. In Italy we have Supertennis, which will be showing WTA tennis, starting from the QF in Brisbane! I don't know what's happening in Russia, but I'm sure we'll find streams online for most of the matches! ;)

Really? It means even no grand slams on ES? OMG:eek:

SilverSlam
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:55 PM
ES will show the grand slams plus Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid :o, and Beijing.

18majors
Dec 27th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Nice to see tennis scores flashing at flashscore!

Asanty
Dec 27th, 2012, 04:20 PM
ES will show the grand slams plus Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid :o, and Beijing.

Is it accurate!? Source?

Shivank17
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:10 PM
So excited! :cheer: Hope she doesn't flop like at the previous AO warm up event she played which did not happen.

Trih
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM
PlexiPova :rocker2: can't wait!

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:52 PM
So excited! :cheer: Hope she doesn't flop like at the previous AO warm up event she played which did not happen.

You mean getting straight-setted by granny Arn at Auckland in 2011 :sobbing: Those were dark times :help:

Kon.
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:57 PM

Mean. :o

Trih
Dec 27th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Mean. :o

We are terrible.... :lol:+:sobbing:
Lefty if you read here would you merge these threads so we don't leave MashaFan01's thread so emarginated? :angel:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 27th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Maria please win this :angel:. If she starts her new season with a loss in the final to Vika I'm gonna slap someone :sobbing:.

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 06:47 PM
BTW.. Maria's last HC was Cincy in 2011 :sobbing: She's lost AO, IW, Miami, Beijing and YEC finals, all on HC. She's good at dismissing the whole field, but always flops against the only opponent left :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure though that sooner or later she will find her range and finally win these finals :angel:. It's a good thing that she reaches them :yeah:.

dsanders06
Dec 27th, 2012, 07:23 PM
You mean getting straight-setted by granny Arn at Auckland in 2011 :sobbing: Those were dark times :help:

I propose a new forum rule. Whenever Maria next has a bad defeat, we should post the video of that match to remind us how good things are relatively speaking. :o

dsanders06
Dec 27th, 2012, 07:26 PM
My expectations for Maria this season are so ridiculously high :sobbing: I'm literally wanting her to win pretty much everything. I want it ALL.

And I still have 3 days left to wallow in my wishful thinking until she brings me back down to earth by playing a Sharapova Shitfest Special against Lepchenko or someone in her first match.

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
My expectations for Maria this season are so ridiculously high :sobbing: I'm literally wanting her to win pretty much everything. I want it ALL.

And I still have 3 days left to wallow in my wishful thinking until she brings me back down to earth by playing a Sharapova Shitfest Special against Lepchenko or someone in her first match.

:lol: I so expect that :sobbing:.

JoPova
Dec 27th, 2012, 07:43 PM

OMG, this is so going to happen! :sobbing:

MM_1257
Dec 27th, 2012, 08:38 PM
:hysteric: and I won't even have a tv station where to watch that. :sobbing:

Reptilia
Dec 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'm sooo excited for the tennis to start again :cheer: I'm off work till the 8th so I can watch :D

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Guys will we have a stream for her first match in Brisbane available?

Reptilia
Dec 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I don't see why we wouldn't? :confused:

heelsrule1988
Dec 27th, 2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/2012/12/sharapova-due-to-arrive-early-in-brisbane

:lol:

Craig.
Dec 27th, 2012, 10:55 PM

THIS :hysteric:

MashaFan01
Dec 27th, 2012, 11:15 PM

And how's your thread more about Brisbane than mine? - And is your thread really about Masha - seeing that you use an Azarenka avatar? - Just asking

Cosmic Voices
Dec 27th, 2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/2012/12/sharapova-due-to-arrive-early-in-brisbane

who commented on that article with 'Marry me Masha?" :lol:

Mexicola
Dec 28th, 2012, 01:36 AM

I do the same thing leading up to EVERY new season with Maria. I always dream of seeing a new and improved Maria come January that's going to captivate us. And I'm pumped and excited until the inevitible match where Errorpova shows up again. Then reality hits that Maria is still the same good, but flawed, player we all love.

My delusions of grandeur for Maria reached an all-time high after she won the French. Serena was slumping and Vika had cooled off considerably. So I thought, wow, maybe this is the time Maria finally takes over the WTA! But, no.....

Serena rose from the dead and laid waste to all. :sobbing:

Then the off-season comes and goes and the tension and excitement return and you start dreaming big again for Maria. You just can't help yourself. The 2013 highs will be glorious and the lows will be devastating. Let's just hope those highs outnumber 2012's. :unsure:

Silas
Dec 28th, 2012, 02:26 AM
And how's your thread more about Brisbane than mine? - And is your thread really about Masha - seeing that you use an Azarenka avatar? - Just asking

http://i44.tinypic.com/34ipk6p.gif
wat

Trih
Dec 28th, 2012, 02:32 AM
:hysteric: and I won't even have a tv station where to watch that. :sobbing:
Did you try to add SuperTennis to your tv like someone did on GM? I have no idea of how to do it but it should be broadcasted free anyway... I think!

THIS :hysteric:

OH GOD :hysteric: maybe it's because of this that I want the season to start but I'm still not feeling ready :hysteric:

Charlatan
Dec 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM

Sharapova is a cow on ice. Mooo

SilverSlam
Dec 28th, 2012, 06:10 AM

It's nothing personal, just your thread title was lame.

I am going to change my avatar but I'm busy having a life. I'll try and correct this ASAP because clearly I haven't spent enough time previously showing my love for Maria in the form of signatures as avi's. *sweet smile* don't come for me, I am NOT the one. I like you...for now.

Lachy
Dec 28th, 2012, 07:20 AM
More News from Brisbane: Anxiously seeking Maria Sharapova (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/anxiously-seeking-maria-sharapova/story-fnbe6xeb-1226544283057)

She arrives tomorrow :dance: Thanks :D

Rerun
Dec 28th, 2012, 08:08 AM
This is an off year! Are we superstitious?

Maria Croft
Dec 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I don't really care for the small tournaments, but I'm very excited for the new season to begin.

Cosmic Voices
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I can vouch for Silver, he's a major Masha stan :lol:

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
It's nothing personal, just your thread title was lame.

I am going to change my avatar but I'm busy having a life. I'll try and correct this ASAP because clearly I haven't spent enough time previously showing my love for Maria in the form of signatures as avi's. *sweet smile* don't come for me, I am NOT the one. I like you...for now.

:hysteric: :lol:

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM
This is an off year! Are we superstitious?

:hysteric: I'm not! But the stats don't lie! :tape:

SilverSlam
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:32 AM

I'm sorry :hysteric: I'll ask a mod to merge them :)

I did think you just meant her chances against the top 10 this year :hysteric:

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Serena, Caro and Petra have already arrived. When is Maria supposed to land in Brisbane? Hopefully she'll have enough time to rest after the long flight and adjust to the conditions on the courts.

Asanty
Dec 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Serena, Caro and Petra have already arrived. When is Maria supposed to land in Brisbane? Hopefully she'll have enough time to rest after the long flight and adjust to the conditions on the courts.

According to that article, she should arrive on Saturday.

SilverSlam
Dec 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Threads were merged MashaFan :cheer: *peaceful smile*

Asanty
Dec 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
According to that article, she should arrive on Saturday.

Here we go:)

Getting ready for Australia, can't wait to meet everyone in
Brisbane and Melbourne. I'll be launching Sugarpova in Melbourne on the 11th January at the Crown Riverwalk, Melbourne. See you there!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151154472252680&set=a.377880637679.165569.65920772679&type=1&relevant_count=1

Asanty
Dec 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Did anyone use Tennistv? http://www.tennistv.com/tournaments
I heard that the quality of their streams is really nice, is it true?

jameshazza
Dec 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
*subscribes*

Trih
Dec 28th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Threads were merged MashaFan :cheer: *peaceful smile*

Peace!

http://i.imgur.com/LluyG.gif

Silas
Dec 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I wish i could afford tennistv.com
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6533/dnnhpf.gif

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I just want the first matches to start :o I can' wait! Any news on the draw?

jameshazza
Dec 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Why is the draw not till Sunday. I need it in my life. Good thing is it will likely be Sat night here with the time difference though :drool:

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Why is the draw not till Sunday. I need it in my life. Good thing is it will likely be Sat night here with the time difference though :drool:

:hearts: Tomorrow night the draw then! I can't wait any longer! :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Who do u guys think she'll draw :drool:?

Craig.
Dec 28th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Fucking hell, can this tournament start already? :yawn:

dsanders06
Dec 28th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I thought the draw was tonight?

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I thought the draw was tonight?

That would make my day! :inlove:

Lachy
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah it's in like 3hrs I think

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
:cheer:.

denny5576
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Maria is already in Brisbane

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Maria is already in Brisbane

:cheer:, Source?

Reptilia
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM
:cheer:

Reptilia
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Do any of the aussies live in Brisbane? Go stalk her practice sessions plz!

Lachy
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Do any of the aussies live in Brisbane? Go stalk her practice sessions plz!

Gladly :p :rolls:

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:44 PM
YAS! :cheer: Can't wait!

Silas
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Maria is in Brisbane!!

DeucesAreWild
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Good Luck Maria! :yeah:

Andy.
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I'm so happy....she's arrived :crying2:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:57 PM
pics of her at the airport
http://s9.postimage.org/4fo13ao27/Screen_Shot_2012_12_28_at_5_55_12_PM.png

http://s9.postimage.org/eogi94c3z/image.jpg

Andy.
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:58 PM
So chic...such a star :inlove:

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:59 PM
So beautiful. Such a classy, elegant woman.

Reptilia
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:09 PM
watta fierce biatch

Silas
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:11 PM
she loves those glasses

SilverSlam
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:17 PM
So excited now :hysteric:

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I can't wait for the draw :cheer:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Isn't the draw tonight or what?

heelsrule1988
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Going on right now... this is the only way to keep up: https://twitter.com/BrisbaneTennis/

Silas
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Petra Kvitova v Carla Suarez Navarro

Sam Stosur to meet Sofia Arvidsson in first match of 2013

Serena Williams, 3rd seed, will play Varvara Lepchenko rd 1

Caroline Wozniacki draws a qualifier

Sabine Lisicki v Lucie Safarova rd 1

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Lisicki-Safarova 1r :spit:

heelsrule1988
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Now they're going to the men's draw... no announcement of Maria's opponent? :[

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:53 PM
That's because both Maria and Vika have a first round BYE, so we'll have to wait for the draw to see who will be Maria's opponents :)

Silas
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Now they're going to the men's draw... no announcement of Maria's opponent? :[

She receives a first round bye

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Lisicki-Safarova 1r :spit:

I just hope Maria won't have to play the winner of this first match encounter :sobbing:.

Vartan
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Can't wait for this tournament!

heelsrule1988
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:58 PM
She receives a first round bye
Wikipedia led me wrong... it showed a draw set up for 32.

JoPova
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I just hope Maria won't have to play the winner of this first match encounter :sobbing:.

This so much :sobbing:

Craig.
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:16 AM
That truly is a cakewalk though :spit:

JoPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:18 AM
We still don't know her first round opponent, who may very well be Lisicki or Safarova :sobbing:

dsanders06
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I am going to "cut a bitch" if Serena throws in some half-arsed effort here and lets Azarenka get a win over her before the Queen does :o

dsanders06
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Does Maria get Kerber or Errani in the QFs?

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:24 AM
My my, what a wonderful draw :oh:
nice to get some wins under her belt before the inevitable Vika/Rena final :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:32 AM
What a lovely draw :drool:.

NashaMasha
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM
any draw is tough in the beginning of the season. As for Vika , Serena might provide her a W/O as she usually does on warm-up tournaments

Andy.
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Pretty awesome draw with both of her main rivals being on the other side of the draw.

dsanders06
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Wait, do we actually have the full draw? :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Wait, do we actually have the full draw? :lol:

We know that Vika and Rena are on the other side of the draw, do we actually need to know the full draw :oh::spit:.

heelsrule1988
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Where are you guys seeing the whole draw? I'm looking all over for it with no luck.

Craig.
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Full draw: http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/womens-draw.pdf

Maria gets Gajdosova or Vinci R2.

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Realistically noone should trouble her until the SF (Petra or Kerber) which is fine with me - it'll mean a great first tournament showing and at least two wins under her belt.

I simply can't see her flopping to Vinci or Sara, not after Milan

but I could finally get a chance to see Vika vs Caro :cheer:

heelsrule1988
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Yep... Maria's got a nice draw. If she can get past Petra, then we might have a Vika/Serena meeting right off the bat in 2013.

claypova
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:06 AM
lovely draw :oh: Hope she wins this!

dsanders06
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Even as someone who usually hopes for semi-tough draws, I'm actually glad she got a cakewalk. Dunno why but I'm expecting her to be rusty, so a couple of matches to ease her way in is all to the good imo. I'm just glad she doesn't have to start her season against Safarova or Lisicki like poor Aza :o

Trih
Dec 29th, 2012, 03:56 AM
That truly is a cakewalk though :spit:

Indeed! :lol: Vika had the worst draw imo.
I didnt' "feel" the beginning of the season and wasn't excited until I saw the tweet and the draw, now I'M DYING FOR IT TO BEGIN, GIVE ME TENNIS NOW FFS! :mad:

Trih
Dec 29th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I just saw that Brisbane on SuperTennis is starting thursday morning at 2.30AM, I'll need to go with streamings until then. :o

Kon.
Dec 29th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Full draw: http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/womens-draw.pdf

Maria gets Gajdosova or Vinci R2.

(1)Victoria Azarenka (BLR) v BYE
Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)
Urszula Radwanska (POL) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Q v (8)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)

(3)Serena Williams (USA) v Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
Alize Cornet (FRA) v Q
Sloane Stephens (USA) v Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
Sofia Arvidsson (SWE) v (7)Samantha Stosur (AUS)

(6)Petra Kvitova (CZE) v Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)
(wc)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) v Q
Anna Tatishvili (GEO) v (4)Angelique Kerber (GER)

(5)Sara Errani (ITA) v Q
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)
Roberta Vinci (ITA) v (wc)Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS)
BYE v (2)Maria Sharapova (RUS)

What can I say, it's a nice draw for Maria. :lol:

denny5576
Dec 29th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Maria should be in the final. That's what I expect at least

Stonerpova
Dec 29th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Perfect draw for her first tourney of the season. Time to continue butchering your finals record Mash :cheer:

jameshazza
Dec 29th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Let's go Masha! :cheer:

Abuttons
Dec 29th, 2012, 06:42 AM
It's indeed a quite favorable draw, and I agree Maria should target to show up in the Final.

Craig.
Dec 29th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Perfect draw for her first tourney of the season. Time to continue butchering your finals record Mash :cheer:

Oh God :sobbing:

Maria Croft
Dec 29th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I don't really think it's a cakewalk.
Looks to me like every opponent could provide a challenge, just what Maria's looking for.

jameshazza
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
The finals record is NOT something I am looking forward too.

Chrissie-fan
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Pretty good draw. She should be able to get to the semis or better.

JoPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 09:28 AM
It's a good draw, but Vinci is not the best opponent to start your 2013. All those slices and variations may drive Maria crazy, if she isn't ready. Hoepfully it won't throw her rythm off. I'm expecting a SF showing here at least.

SilverSlam
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Why is everyone saying she'll face Vinci. I see Jarka being a GOAT and coming through Vinci and maybe even beating Maria. I just have this feeling it'll happen.

Fighterpova
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Very nice draw, I can't wait :cheer:

I expect her to be rusty, but she shouldn't have trouble against Vinci and Errani :shrug: I expect her to get to the Semis at least :cheer:

It's definitely a packed draw, early on in the year, we don't get to see this in ATP, but the good thing is that it will prepare her for AO I think.

We could have some nice matches like Vika/Woz, Serena/Sam, Serena/Vika, Masha/Kerber or Kvitova, etc. :cheer:

Fighterpova
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Why is everyone saying she'll face Vinci. I see Jarka being a GOAT and coming through Vinci and maybe even beating Maria. I just have this feeling it'll happen.

Vinci is a more solid and consistent player and Jarka is a BBB, but then again, she might pull off a good performance. As for her potential match vs Maria, I don't think she can be consistent enough to beat Maria tbh. In 2010 she took the set in which she played GOAT, but in the next two sets she made 50 UE. And if I remember correctly, they also played in 2009 Los Angeles and Maria only lost 4 games, so both of their matches were while Maria was in a slump. She should be okay now :yeah:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Pretty good draw. She should be able to get to the semis or better.

What are your thoughts on Caro's chances Chrissie-fan? :hysteric:

Kon.
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Are you drunk again?

JoPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Isn't this Gajdosova's first tournament in a while? Vinci is a tough match-up for her with all those slices and variations. I don't think she'll have the consistency to beat her.

SilverSlam
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I'm a jarka-stan let me have my hope :bigcry:

**mashafierce**
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM
It's a good preperational draw for the AO.Anyway draws just don't frighten me anymore since I know that Serena will always be there in the end final or semi final. Let's hope she has a great hardcourt season

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
new avi and sig to celebrate Brisbane [lets hope she doesn't fuck up] :hysteric:

Asanty
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
So her first match will be on Monday?

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
The only think that sucks is the time difference, it always kills me when they play in AO
on the main court they don't start play until 11:30am which is at least 12 in the UK :hysteric: and even then Masha could be third or fourth on court. I'll try and catch as many matches as possible - preferably her first to see her form - then probably her SF, most probably vs. Kerber or Petra + hopefully F match. I never really get to see any of Masha's early AO matches either and that's not because I'm not a dedicated stan, it's because I will literally die if I stay up every night until the early hours because of university :sobbing:

Chrissie-fan
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:41 PM
What are your thoughts on Caro's chances Chrissie-fan? :hysteric:
Vika in the QF, Serena in the SF and Maria in the final? Cupcake draw for the Woz I think. :shrug:

Seriously though: :banghead: :help: I just hope that she survives the first two rounds and then can give Vika a decent match.

JoPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:45 PM
The only think that sucks is the time difference, it always kills me when they play in AO
on the main court they don't start play until 11:30am which is at least 12 in the UK :hysteric: and even then Masha could be third or fourth on court. I'll try and catch as many matches as possible - preferably her first to see her form - then probably her SF, most probably vs. Kerber or Petra + hopefully F match. I never really get to see any of Masha's early AO matches either and that's not because I'm not a dedicated stan, it's because I will literally die if I stay up every night until the early hours because of university :sobbing:

This so much! I woke up at 5 for her SF vs Petra at the AO last year :sobbing:

Great sig/avi! 2013pova :inlove:

JoPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Vika in the QF, Serena in the SF and Maria in the final? Cupcake draw for the Woz I think. :shrug:

Seriously though: :banghead: :help: I just hope that she survives the first two rounds and then can give Vika a decent match.

If Caroline is on fire and Vika has a bad day, she has her chances to upset the #1 seed :oh:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:49 PM

I'm praying and hoping we get to see Vika vs Caro, I'll be really looking forward to it. It Caro can take her out it could really signal a strong season for her

and thanks Jo :oh:

JoPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I'm praying and hoping we get to see Vika vs Caro, I'll be really looking forward to it. It Caro can take her out it could really signal a strong season for her

and thanks Jo :oh:

Beating Vika could give her a tremendous amount of confidence for the AO!

Chrissie-fan
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Beating Vika could give her a tremendous amount of confidence for the AO!
If that wouldn't give her a lot of confidence, nothing will. A good start of the season could set the trend for the rest of her year. She did well in her last few events in 2012 (at least compared to what came before) and if she does well in Brisbane - let alone if she beats Azarenka or at least makes it a competitive match she may feel that she's back in business. If her adorable ass gets a whipping in the first or second round it's a bad omen for what's to come later on.

dsanders06
Dec 29th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Well, I don't see her beating Maria :lol: , but yeah I could see Gajdosova getting inspired by the crowd and having her one GOATly match of the year and beat Vinci.

If Caroline is on fire and Vika has a bad day, she has her chances to upset the #1 seed :oh:

Don't go giving false hope :lol:

NashaMasha
Dec 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Azarenka is not reaching the Final , just forget about her ....

At the same time Masha is just obliged to have a good start of the season, it's really important for her.... Her Stuttgart's win was a brilliant start of clay season. I'm looking forward to something like that in Brisbane....

Sharapovian
Dec 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Was going to say Vinci could cause some trouble if they meet, then looked at their H2H. Completely forgot about the IW match this year (which Maria won 6-2 6-1). Wouldn't be surprised if it's tougher this time round because it's her first match and she might be a bit rusty.

Whoever she plays, hopefully she'll get off to a good start.

Good draw, realistically she should reach at least the Semis. Davai :cheer:

TrollPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Really really love this draw. I want that Caro/Vika match so bad! Never thought I'd get to the point of rooting for Caroline, but her fall from grace was just so sad :sobbing:. She has the talent and mentality to get back to the Top 5 (I think) and a strong showing in Brisbane could be huge for her. As for Maria...barring a spectacular shitfest of Tokyo proportions, she should reach the Semis/Final. I would like her to play Hantuchova, Pavlyuchenkova and/or Kvitova this week!

Andy.
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Really really love this draw. I want that Caro/Vika match so bad! Never thought I'd get to the point of rooting for Caroline, but her fall from grace was just so sad :sobbing:. She has the talent and mentality to get back to the Top 5 (I think) and a strong showing in Brisbane could be huge for her. As for Maria...barring a spectacular shitfest of Tokyo proportions, she should reach the Semis/Final. I would like her to play Hantuchova, Pavlyuchenkova and/or Kvitova this week!

I know :hysteric: but I would love to see her beat Vika.

MashaAzarenka
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Sharapova will get to the final without dropping a set. I'm not sure she'll win the whole thing, but it'll be good preparation for Australia

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I hope Caro beats Vika
thats if she gets there

18majors
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Anxiously waiting for Maria's 1st match, which probably won't happen until Tuesday at the earliest. Wonder whether she will bring powerful serves/forehands and crafty overhead volleys into her match!

Cosmic Voices
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
have you seen the ATP draw for Brisbane :tape:
if Andy doesn't win this then he has serious problems

Kon.
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM

Damn, I hadn't even noticed them in the draw. Such irrelevance these days. :tears:

TrollPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Damn, I hadn't even noticed them in the draw. Such irrelevance these days. :tears:

I know :sobbing:. I remember when Pav was so close to beating Schiavone in that FO Quarter Final in 2011 :hysteric:. Oh well.

Reptilia
Dec 29th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I can't wait to watch some tennis :sobbing: I wish she didn't have the bye

Chrissie-fan
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I hope Caro beats Vika
thats if she gets there
...and if Vika gets there. Safarova is no pushover when she is on.

JoPova
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I know :sobbing:. I remember when Pav was so close to beating Schiavone in that FO Quarter Final in 2011 :hysteric:. Oh well.

I'm so glad she choked and Fran won :oh:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Vinci vs Jarmilla live now
http://www.ilive.to/view/43598/

in case you want to see how Masha's next opponent is playing :)

Reptilia
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM
God Gajdasova is so terrible nowadays :hysteric: Crazy to think she gave Maria such a big scare at the USO a few years back.

SilverSlam
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Waaahhh. SP for Vinci :sad:

YAS Jarka saved it with a winner :cheer:

Nooo SP again :sad:

:bigcry: Please win in 3 jarka :cheer:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Vee is also playing at the Hopman Cup
the new Perth stadium looks amazing, just like Hisense

Trih
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I don't know what to feel. I want Roberta to win because I like her and she's italian, but having to root against her in next round... would it be worse than seeing her go out now?

Craig.
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Vinci annoys the shit outta me for some reason :lol: Go Jarka.

TrollPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:33 AM
God, why am I watching Ula right now?1 Tamira...what the fuq are you doing?? :sobbing:

Trih
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:35 AM
I'm rooting for Ula too (because I find her hot :angel:) :lol: why can't I agree with any of you about the matches right now :hysteric:

TrollPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:37 AM
I'm rooting for Ula too (because I find her hot :angel:) :lol: why can't I agree with any of you about the matches right now :hysteric:

:lol: at least I want Roberta to win :)

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Ula is playing brilliantly

Trih
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Ula :cheer:
Roby :sobbing:

TrollPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Ula winning 2-6 6-0 6-2 :eek::worship::help::clap2::spit::lol:

Tamira :hug: Saving 4 match points :worship:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Who would you rather win between Vinci and Jarmilla for Masha to face?

Andy.
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Probs Vinci??? I really dont like Jarka and she could have one of her crazy in form days.

sweetadri06
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Probs Vinci??? I really dont like Jarka and she could have one of her crazy in form days.

that's very unlikely. lol:lol:

TrollPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Roberta, just because her shot variety would be a good test for Maria early on

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Well Jarka could take this, I'm not worried though either way :lol:

domon17th
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Probably Vinci cause that hideous thing Jarka is wearing needs to disappear from my screen

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Jarka breaks for 4-1 in the third, if she keeps it up it looks like she's Masha's first 2013 opponent

TrollPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah..Jarmila's outfit..:help:

But I like Jarka, though. Wanna root for her after her personal struggles :hug:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Confirmed:

Masha vs. Jarka rnd 2

domon17th
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:38 AM
OK actually legitimately happy for Jarka, just don't all GOAT ala USO 2010 against Masha please.

TrollPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Awww, so happy for Jarmila! She's really likeable. But please crush her, Maria

Vartan
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Maria looks so much better now :D

Andy.
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Awww, so happy for Jarmila! She's really likeable. But please crush her, Maria

Dont see it but hey we are all different :D

Hope Masha gives the crowd nothing to cheer about.

domon17th
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Is it CSN or is Petra's game looking pretty fine? But that belly though :o

Andy.
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:12 AM

I know...its just so :o

dsanders06
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:14 AM
God Gajdasova is so terrible nowadays :hysteric: Crazy to think she gave Maria such a big scare at the USO a few years back.

You do realise that this type of comment right before Maria plays her is BEGGING fate, right? :crying2:

Vinci annoys the shit outta me for some reason :lol: Go Jarka.

Right?!! :lol: I think it's the fact she acts and swaggers like she's actually good. Atleast Errani is humble and recognises she's lucky to be getting the results she is :lol:

Silas
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:30 AM

some delusional stans calling it abs

http://i.minus.com/iKQLxgmNmyHmz.gif

gurl bye

Stonerpova
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I swear to god if Pavs loses to Hradecka :facepalm:

Asanty
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:59 AM
:tape:Is it CSN or is Petra's game looking pretty fine? But that belly though :o

She must be drink a lot of beer in CZR:lol:

domon17th
Dec 30th, 2012, 04:01 AM
I swear to god if Pavs loses to Hradecka :facepalm:

Anndddd she didn't. Pavs vs potentially Petra sounds like a good trainwreck

Andy.
Dec 30th, 2012, 04:54 AM
I cannot stand it when Serena pulls the stupid cry baby face and puts her hands in the air....its windy get over it. It like she's 12 sometimes.

Stonerpova
Dec 30th, 2012, 05:02 AM

She's gonna have a big year. You heard it here first :lol:

Craig.
Dec 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Maria not playing till Tuesday :o

Asanty
Dec 30th, 2012, 06:56 AM
:Maria not playing till Tuesday :o
Why not? Is already there schedule for Monday?

Lachy
Dec 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Watched Masha practice today. She was hitting the ball well :dance: But Thomas wasn't there. :shrug:

Maria Croft
Dec 30th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I was really expecting Vinci, but I think Gajdasova will be better for a first match of the season.

JoPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I really wasn't expecting Vinci to lose! I'm quite shocked honestly! :facepalm: Gajdosova is my Maria's first opponent of 2013 then. Can't wait! :cheer:

Trih
Dec 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I really wasn't expecting Vinci to lose! I'm quite shocked honestly! :facepalm: Gajdosova is my Maria's first opponent of 2013 then. Can't wait! :cheer:

Same :facepalm:
As I was saying tonight, at least I won't be bothered by Maria playing her and feeling bad to have to root against her (specially after wishing her luck on twitter :hysteric:)

JoPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Maria would've beaten Roby for sure :oh: I don't know what to expect from this match with Gajdosova. Hopefully it'll be an easy win.

debby
Dec 30th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Cmon she will win easily :cheer: i call 6-3 6-2

C. Drone
Dec 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Great, just one thing Maria needed is some homecrowd fave serving out of her mind...

JoPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Great, just one thing Maria needed is some homecrowd fave serving out of her mind...

I agree with you on this! :lol: I hate when Maria has to play ballbashers who suck all year, but decide to play their only great match against her! :tape: I'm looking at you Lisicki (among the many others) :rolleyes:

Asanty
Dec 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I am sure it will be not hard match! But Tuesday!! I expected Monday...I am dying:mad:

oneshot
Dec 30th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hopefully Maria makes it nice and quick against that Li Na wannabe (seriously, what's with the samurai hair-do and the polo-skirt combo? bitch looked like a bully from some manga high-school). 61 61 would be acceptable.

Pops Maellard
Dec 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Vamos Maria! :yeah:

I'm a little worried if I'm honest. If Gajdosova is feeling all inspired and feeding off the home-crowd she could give Maria trouble :scratch:.

SilverSlam
Dec 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
YAS Jarka :oh: Still so happy. She wasn't just playing well, but didn't get too headcasey either. I'm happy because if Maria doesnt bring it, then Jarka will deservedly win. I'd rather Maria bring it, and win pretty, than win ugly like she did in Tokyo and Beijing last year.

Shivank17
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:00 PM

This. :o And Masha has had troubles with Jarka before. Don't like this for the first match of the season. :o

Sent from my HTC Desire V using VerticalSports.Com App

oneshot
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Yeah, 2010 Uselesspova who got slayed by Wozniacki in the 4th round of the same tournament...

Lachy
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Quite scared about this match-up. With Gajdosova you just never know :lol: If she starts slapping winners left and right I'll be pissed :hysteric:

Chrissie-fan
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Thank god for that belly, because how good would she be if she actually bothered to get fit?

Asanty
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Quite scared about this match-up. With Gajdosova you just never know :lol: If she starts slapping winners left and right I'll be pissed :hysteric:

Guys, Imagine if she would play with Lisicki, so calm down. :)

PimpMePova
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Really I don't get why everyone is so worried about this match :shrug: have some faith in Maria she is the number 2 in the world (ok maybe real number 3 :lol:) I can't imagine what's gonna happen if and when she plays the likes of Serena/Azarenka/Kvitova :tape:

TrollPova
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM
It must be the first tournament of the season since we're all worried about a match against Jarka :hysteric:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Its really funny how we're worrying about her match as the no.2 ranked players vs. a player coming back from injury.
A win over Vinci is irrelevant, she was really off in the first set and we all know Masha is a great front runner. She will not lose on Monday, and I will not eat my words. If it was Masha vs Lisicki/Saffy like Vika then maybe I could understand the apprehension :shrug:

jameshazza
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
It's because it's Maria and no matter how consistent she was last season or how consistent she will be in the season to come, errorpova will always haunt me.

I expect her to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one tough set, maybe it might go to three.