Хлоэ
Dec 25th, 2012, 02:54 PM
i know Piya :rolleyes: :p

Petkorazzi
Dec 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Me but it's very broken :p

Sammo
Dec 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Da da da :) Da, da da. Whatever. Is it very tough to learn?

Хлоэ
Dec 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Me but it's very broken :p

it's was ok as far as i remember :lol: :p

Da da da :) Da, da da. Whatever. Is it very tough to learn?

yeah, it's quite tough :angel:

gulzhan
Dec 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Me :wavey:

I have an impression TF has much more Russian speaking posters than MTF.

Хлоэ
Dec 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM
and they all are silent :sad: :p
ты откуда?

Crazy Canuck
Dec 25th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I live in Russia, and speak awful Russian. It's much easier to learn than Japanese or Korean were. I suck because I'm lazy.

Anyway, I'd humour you but don't have a Russian keyboard.

Хлоэ
Dec 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
where in Russia do you live? do you study here or what? :)

Crazy Canuck
Dec 26th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I manage a language school in Moscow. And see, I could type that in Russian for you if I had a Russian keyboard. Just imagine that I wrote it in Russian.

SilverPersian
Dec 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Gahvaryoo pah rooskee :D
Gdyeh tooahlyet?

Yeah. That's all I can remember right now :lol: I learnt the alphabet and a few key phrases/words several years ago when I went on holidays; it's mostly gone now :sobbing:

McPie
Dec 26th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Me :wavey:

I have an impression TF has much more Russian speaking posters than MTF.

Zhanna is back :p

Cineast
Dec 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM

Can't you use the control panel to set what keyboard layout your system uses? In Windows-based systems, at least, you can toggle among various keyboards. I, for example, have a US keyboard but can easily toggle it to Russian:

Нет, в этом форуме нет ни одного человека, который владеет русским языком. :) (Note to self: next time, double-check which case владеть takes. :) )

I've also got a toggle for a keyboard layout that makes all the Central European characters easy to type, so I can type names like Ana Ivanović, Agnieszka Radwańska, or Lucie Šafářová properly. :wavey:

There's also the problem of making certain you've got a reasonably phonetic layout for Russian, or else learn the Soviet-era keyboard layout. :(

NashaMasha
Dec 26th, 2012, 08:02 PM
всем привет!!! я вот точно и говорю, и пишу на русском ))))

I live in Russia, and speak awful Russian. It's much easier to learn than Japanese or Korean were. I suck because I'm lazy.

http://winrus.com/keyboard.htm

Попробуй на виртуальной

Joana
Dec 26th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Ya chto-to ponimayu, no ne govoryu.

It looks horrible written in Latin script, but I can't be bothered with Russian keyboard.

NyCPsU
Dec 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Kak dela?

gulzhan
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:17 AM
and they all are silent :sad: :p
ты откуда?

Я из Алматы :wavey: but I was born in Chelyabinsk Region and studied in Yekaterinburg, moved to Kazakstan just before the Soviet Union was dissolved. Worked in Moscow in 1993-94 but didn't like it to live there :o

gulzhan
Dec 27th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Zhanna is back :p

Nope ;) Меня зовут Гульжан. Who is Zhanna? I have not met her here. TF poster from Kazakstan? I only saw Dana on MTF.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 27th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Ya chto-to ponimayu, no ne govoryu.

It looks horrible written in Latin script, but I can't be bothered with Russian keyboard.
It does look foul in Latin script, but it was understandable. Go you!

Crazy Canuck
Dec 27th, 2012, 04:30 AM
всем привет!!! я вот точно и говорю, и пишу на русском ))))

http://winrus.com/keyboard.htm

Попробуй на виртуальной
спасибо

bulava
Dec 27th, 2012, 08:11 AM
just wondering :angel:
I'm not a Russian, but I'm quite good in terms of speaking/reading. Russian is important for my business requirements, and been there 5 times since 2000s. One of the most thrilling memories I cherish was at Zhukovsky Air Base (if you happen to know where is that). Myself being a private pilot out of hobby (Cessnas), experienced with a great thrill by flying a Russian bird. It's a great fun if one could afford it.

PS: President Putin was in India a few days ago.

Sam L
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I would like to learn to read and write Russian. I don't know about speaking and listening because that requires spending a considerable amount of time in Russia or Russian speaking communities and I just don't see it happening. I'm just being realistic. The only way is if I'm sleeping with a Russian man.

I already know the Cyrillic alphabet. It was surprising how easy it was once you know the Greek (Attic) alphabet.

KournikovaFan91
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I'm considering taking an elective in beginner Russian next semester. Is it difficult to learn as a second language? it's my last semester as an undergraduate and I found beginner Spanish pretty easy 2 years back so considering taking another language module.

Sam L
Dec 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I'm considering taking an elective in beginner Russian next semester. Is it difficult to learn as a second language? it's my last semester as an undergraduate and I found beginner Spanish pretty easy 2 years back so considering taking another language module.
Well its difficulty probably depends on your native language and what other languages you already know. But just taking Spanish as an example, Russian would be considerably more difficult because it's highly inflected.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Well its difficulty probably depends on your native language and what other languages you already know. But just taking Spanish as an example, Russian would be considerably more difficult because it's highly inflected.
Indeed. For example, my native language is English and I grew up studying French in school. As a result, I find Spanish considerably easier to learn than Russian (on paper, that is - obviously it's currently easier to learn Russian, since I live there). However, I find Russian considerably easier than either Korean or Japanese were.

Important note: I'm not overly effective in any of these languages. Including English.

KournikovaFan91
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking, in high school I took French which probably helped when I then took Spanish.

kwilliams
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:35 PM
High School!? In Dublin?

Royals.
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Not me....

This guy i knew started flirting with me in Russian it sounded so weird! :help:

KournikovaFan91
Dec 29th, 2012, 03:57 PM
High School!? In Dublin?

I like to let everyone know what I mean :p when I lived in NZ the Canadians, Americans, and some Kiwis didn't get the secondary school thing so I say high school when speaking with international groups to avoid the confusion and the "is that the same as high school?" Question.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 29th, 2012, 05:56 PM
You knew Canadians that didn't know what "secondary school" was? We definitely use that in Ontario (as well as "high school"; both are acceptable, though HS is more likely to be used in speech, whereas SS is used in official names of schools). Maybe other parts of Canada are broken.

I'm not doubting you - just surprised.

KournikovaFan91
Dec 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah one from Vancouver asked if SS was the same as HS

It was mostly Americans who asked though.

Vartan
Dec 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
If secondary school is the same as high school, then why use secondary school?

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fyeahamerica-montage.jpg

Хлоэ
Dec 31st, 2012, 08:25 AM
С Наступающим Новым Годом!!! :yippee:

ys
Dec 31st, 2012, 09:25 AM
You knew Canadians that didn't know what "secondary school" was? We definitely use that in Ontario (as well as "high school"; both are acceptable, though HS is more likely to be used in speech, whereas SS is used in official names of schools). Maybe other parts of Canada are broken.

I'm not doubting you - just surprised.

Still in Moscow, my friend?

Fantasy Hero
Dec 31st, 2012, 10:15 AM
я говорю по русский но не хорошо :sobbing:

GeorgianFan
Jan 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM
snovim godom ;)

Crazy Canuck
Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:47 AM
Still in Moscow, my friend?
Yes, but only until August. Then it's adios Russia for me!

Crazy Canuck
Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:47 AM
я говорю по русский но не хорошо :sobbing:
I say this at least once a week. Sometimes I move the не хорошо to right after the я or говорю ; not sure it makes much of a difference.

Sam L
Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Indeed. For example, my native language is English and I grew up studying French in school. As a result, I find Spanish considerably easier to learn than Russian (on paper, that is - obviously it's currently easier to learn Russian, since I live there). However, I find Russian considerably easier than either Korean or Japanese were.

Important note: I'm not overly effective in any of these languages. Including English.

You are too modest. ;) Yeah, I can't remember how long you were in Asia but I wouldn't even bother with Korean and Japanese. My rule is to stick to learning Indo-European languages even though my native language is not IE. :sobbing:

Хлоэ
Feb 7th, 2014, 02:36 PM
хочется убежать в лес и кричать, кричать, кричать, кричать, кричать пока не умру

GeorgianFan
Feb 7th, 2014, 04:07 PM
^^^ pochemu???? :p

Хлоэ
Feb 7th, 2014, 04:32 PM
я могу перечислять причины лет сто :р