PDA

View Full Version : ‘Stand your ground’ cited in shooting of whiny Little Caesars Pizza customer

JN
Dec 21st, 2012, 11:14 PM
‘Stand your ground’ cited in shooting of whiny Little Caesars Pizza customer

By David Edwards | Tuesday, December 18, 2012 16:10 EST

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/michaeljock_pizzashooter_1.jpg

A Florida man is using the state’s “stand your ground” law as a defense after he shot a customer who was complaining about slow service at a St. Petersburg Little Caesars Pizza restaurant.

Randall White, 49, was in line waiting for his pizza on Sunday when he began complaining that he wasn’t being served fast enough. According to the Tampa Bay Times (http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/man-shot-at-st-pete-pizza-joint-had-been-complaining-about-slow-service/1266589), 52-year-old Michael Jock was also in line and scolded White for whining.

The two began arguing and it eventually “became a shoving match,” police spokesperson Mike Puetz said.

After White allegedly raised his fist, Jock pulled out a .38 Taurus Ultralight Special Revolver and fired a shot into the man’s torso. A second shot also hit White in the torso. One round became lodged in the restaurant wall.

When police arrived, Jock told them that the shooting had been justified under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, which says that gun owners do not have a “duty to retreat.”

“He felt he was in his rights,” Puetz explained. “He brought it up specifically and cited it to the officer.”

Jock, who had a concealed-carry permit, told police that White had an object in his hand, but later abandoned that story under police questioning.

“We determined it did not reach a level where deadly force was required,” Puetz said.

Jock was arrested by St. Petersburg Police and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and shooting at, within or into a building. He was released by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office after posting $20,000 bond.

White later told the Tampa Bay Times that he felt lucky just to be alive.
“There are arguments every day, but how many people pull out a gun?” he observed. “He was in my face and I pushed him. His life was not being threatened.”

White admitted that he had been agitated when he started complaining that his thin-crust vegetable pizza had taken more than the 10 minutes the restaurant promised.

“Twenty minutes later, I’m like, ‘Where’s my pizza?’” White recalled, adding that he still had a bullet fragment in his back but he “got lucky.”

“To me, that stand your ground rule … people are twisting it. He’s twisting it. I walked in to get a pizza and I got shot … I’m hoping the law prevails. We’ll see.”

The Raw Story (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/18/stand-your-ground-cited-in-shooting-of-whiny-little-caesars-pizza-customer/)

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/bugs-bunny-remove-FL.gif

hablo
Dec 21st, 2012, 11:32 PM
:scared:

Chris 84
Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:03 AM
Jock was arrested by St. Petersburg Police and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and shooting at, within or into a building.

whatever happened to good old attempted murder?

Valanga
Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
Wtf :o

tennisbum79
Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:24 AM
It is always Florida
How can the sunshine state have so many cranky, angry and impatient middle age men?

JN
Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
Jock was arrested by St. Petersburg Police and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and shooting at, within or into a building.

whatever happened to good old attempted murder?

It's Florida. :weirdo:

Melange
Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:52 AM
They are using it as excuse to shoot someone who is annoying them. This is better than reality tv. :haha:

KarlyM*
Dec 22nd, 2012, 01:05 AM
:facepalm:

tennisbum79
Dec 22nd, 2012, 01:24 AM
They are using it as excuse to shoot someone who is annoying them. This is better than reality tv. :haha:
This is cearly giving carte blanche to people with anger issues.

I would not be surprised if this guy has been involved in road rage or other altercations with total strangers

miffedmax
Dec 22nd, 2012, 01:41 AM
Interesting. I was just reading an article on a study that claimed that the overwhelming number of "self-defense" claims by gun owners are similar to this one--i.e. they escalated a fight by pulling a weapon and using it.

jrollaneres25
Dec 22nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
:sad:

$uricate
Dec 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
The fact he ordered a thin-crust vegetable pizza is the real crime here.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/bugs-bunny-remove-FL.gif

This.

delicatecutter
Dec 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
It seems like a lot of folks just want an excuse to go around and shoot people. Troubling.

kwilliams
Dec 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Madness. I agree. It's so alarming that he felt the need to shoot the guy.

Super Dave
Dec 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Worst pizza in the US.

cellophane
Dec 22nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Guns again :facepalm:

Melange
Dec 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Worst pizza in the US.

:facepalm:

JN
Dec 23rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
The fact he ordered a thin-crust vegetable pizza is the real crime here.

The fact it was a Little Caesar's pizza is even worse, but of course that's not the point.

*JR*
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:25 AM
The fact it was a Little Caesar's pizza is even worse....

Herman agrees. :devil:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/matthewfuntime/FunBlog Imagery/HermanCainGodfathersPizza.jpg

Alizé Molik
Dec 23rd, 2012, 03:40 AM
That's why you don't have laws like that. The level of awareness and understanding of general law is low to non-existant for most of the population. When the crimes are minor it doesn't really matter but when you have a law like stand your ground that people can and will readily misinterpret for their own purpose that is unbeliveably dangerous. Cannot believe that he has not been charged with attempted murder?

plantman
Dec 23rd, 2012, 04:30 AM
Highly unlikely that Michael Jock will scold anyone again for whining! :tape:

Melange
Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Got to be careful not to ask for extra anchovies next time. They might shoot you