PDA

View Full Version : Road to Melbourne 2013

Lisickinator
Dec 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM
1st week in Brisbane (http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/players/womens-singles-2013)
2nd week qualies in Sydney (http://www.apiainternational.com.au/womens-qualifying-singles-2013)

She's second on the ALT list in Sydney. So there's still a little chance getting directly into the main draw.

11 days to go:cheer:

I don't think we need a 3 years old thread.

TimeyWimey
Dec 21st, 2012, 02:22 AM
Don't Get Injured!!!

Saraya!
Dec 21st, 2012, 08:04 AM
Don't Get Injured!!!

Hope this as well but
the drama queen allways found an injury.

Mike81
Dec 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Going by her twitter updates looks like she's coming here early again this year.

thommus
Dec 23rd, 2012, 03:55 AM
Isn't it absurd to head from Florida via Berlin to Brisbane?

Mike81
Dec 23rd, 2012, 04:55 AM
It's nice that she can spend some time in her own country at xmas before the start of another tough, long season.

Saraya!
Dec 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM

Allways the same..she will get a flu and will be ill again...:rolleyes:

Ziva
Dec 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM

She trained in Florida, and came home to train some more and celebrate christmas with her family and friends.

Julia, Kerber and pretty much everyone traveled home for christmas, so what ? :p

KatjaS
Dec 23rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Well for her it's an extra 9000 km traveled within a week while Germany is pretty much en route between Portugal and New Zealand, but given how much time tennis players spend on the road emotionally it's probably worth it.

thommus
Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Well for her it's an extra 9000 km traveled within a week while Germany is pretty much en route between Portugal and New Zealand, but given how much time tennis players spend on the road emotionally it's probably worth it.

This! She should take her boyfriend with her if he's the reason for her detour. The more money they now invest for flying 20000km more than necessary ova cold and wet germany they better put in a ticket for him. ;)
Berlin always made her gain weight and losing form. And I haven't heard her talk about any sport session last days but hanging out in coffee shops. Not expecting much for Bris and Sydney. Unfortunately she never learns from her faults. :help:

Genau @Saraya000000 ! Das sehe ich auch kommen.Letztes Jahr hat sie sich professioneller vorbereitet.

Jimmie48
Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Pretty much all players I follow on Twitter have spent Christmas at home, Vika being an exception as she's in Doha. Why does Sabine get heat for doing what everybody else does? Cut it out..

KatjaS
Dec 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
for flying 20000km more than necessary ova cold and wet germany

9000 km. ;)

Tampa - Brisbane is 14589 km

Tampa - Berlin - Brisbane is 23645 km

Ziva
Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Pretty much all players I follow on Twitter have spent Christmas at home, Vika being an exception as she's in Doha. Why does Sabine get heat for doing what everybody else does? Cut it out..

Aber echt, das ist doch das normalste überhaupt, das man die Feiertage mit Familie und Freunden verbringt.
Die Frau ist doch kein Roboter.:help:

guichard
Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
1st week in Brisbane (http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/players/womens-singles-2013)
2nd week qualies in Sydney (http://www.apiainternational.com.au/womens-qualifying-singles-2013)

She's second on the ALT list in Sydney. So there's still a little chance getting directly into the main draw.

11 days to go:cheer:

I don't think we need a 3 years old thread.
Yup very good chance she will get in directly in Sydney as I don't think they will use the 2 top 20 WC

thommus
Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
9000 km. ;)

Tampa - Brisbane is 14589 km

Tampa - Berlin - Brisbane is 23645 km

Sorry, my calculater vomited out: Tampa-Brisbane 90000
Tampa via Berlin Brisbane 24000

:p

She's not a robot but risks for whatever reason not to be geared up like last year. But I don't care her any more and with this kind of attitude, she will fall down the rankings next like some here predicted. When you are a professional tennis player and need a lover you should take him with you not run after him around the world. Flight to Brisbane will coast a lot of energy w/o training and about 2 days (time on plane plus time difference/ jetlag incl.)

And don't forget @Ziva, she had a big fitness deficit to the other girls ahead of her and spent more time in Berlin where tennis practise conditions (her words) are fucking bad! She will cry again after losing first rounds in Oz ... :lol:

KatjaS
Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Pretty sure she wants to spend christmas with her family (parents..) and that's why she is in Berlin, not because of her insatiable sex drive...

thommus
Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:44 PM

Angie Kerber finished her practise session not before today and drives home for christmas. However, there are plenty of other cute fishes in the sea. I picked Wozniacki and Azarenka for next season and will watch Lisicki doing well in London if she's lucky and healthy :lol:
Pretty sure she wants to spend christmas with her family (parents..) Sorry, but hey are always around her.

Jimmie48
Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
What attitude exactly? Do you know how much she trained while being in Berlin? No...

We`re talking about 9 hours more or less on the plane, that's hardly something that will make or break her season.

Ziva
Dec 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Sorry, my calculater vomited out: Tampa-Brisbane 90000
Tampa via Berlin Brisbane 24000

:p

She's not a robot but risks for whatever reason not to be geared up like last year. But I don't care her any more and with this kind of attitude, she will fall down the rankings next like some here predicted. When you are a professional tennis player and need a lover you should take him with you not run after him around the world. Flight to Brisbane will coast a lot of energy w/o training and about 2 days (time on plane plus time difference/ jetlag incl.)

And don't forget @Ziva, she had a big fitness deficit to the other girls ahead of her and spent more time in Berlin where tennis practise conditions (her words) are fucking bad! She will cry again after losing first rounds in Oz ... :lol:

She had a deficit, because she lost all the time, she looked very fit on the last pics.
:lol: About the Lover comments, they all have boyfriends, but they have obviously their own life, career or whatever to take care of ;)

Though i would be pleased to fly around the globe with my rich girlfriend watching her play tennis, doesn't mean the actuall Tennis BF/GF's would like that.

What exactly was better last year, she traveled a few days earlier to train with Stosur, good decision.

But what happened in Auckland ?
She got injured and i bet because she did way too much training right before the season started.
Think about it.

I'm sure she isn't just sitting around when in Berlin.

Man braucht auch eine gewisse Ausgeglichenheit mental, besonders sie !

Da alle deutschen Top Mädels zurzeit in D sind ist die ganze Diskussion total bescheuert.

maturedgirl
Dec 23rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hahaha Da hat wohl wieder einer der Verehrer die Nerven verloren. Eigentlich wollte ich nur allen Sabinefans frohe Weihnachtstage wünschen und die Hoffnung posten, dass sie gut ausgeruht und voller physischer und psyschischer Kraft nach Australien startet, um uns dort zu überraschen!

In diesem Sinne, alle schön cool bleiben und gönnt doch der Kleenen ihren Spaß. :p Oft wird sie die nächsten Wochen und Monate nicht die Gelegenheit haben mit ihren engsten Freunden Spaß zu haben, da heißt es dann wieder mit den "Zicken" abzuhängen und darum beneide ich sie echt nicht. Und Eis is auch weg. ;)

Merry xmas and Go sunshinesabine :rocker:

Mike81
Dec 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
I think her decision is fine to come down here via Berlin rather straight from Florida but only time will tell. I don't know if she went to Berlin for family,friends (or bf?) Bine is a mysterious girl who never reveals much, but we will see how it affects her tennis, hopefully it doesn't. She needs to prime herself for a big showing for the AO and she'll have my support in Sydney, if she can make it to the main draw I'll have to watch her :cool:

CillyUltra
Dec 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
This! She should take her boyfriend with her if he's the reason for her detour. The more money they now invest for flying 20000km more than necessary ova cold and wet germany they better put in a ticket for him. ;)

He's studying in Berlin and is returning from an injury layoff 2013, idiot.

CillyUltra
Dec 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
She has probably grown up with Russian Orthodox Christmas traditions, which means for her Christmas is on Jan 6th/7th.

I don't know if she went to Berlin for family,friends (or bf?)

She wants to celebrate a German/Polish Christmas Eve which is one of most important events of the year for a vast majority of Germans/Poles. Maybe the Lisickis are going to celebrate with relatives/ friends in Berlin.

tennisfreak13
Dec 23rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Off to Singapore…

Saraya!
Dec 23rd, 2012, 11:14 PM
Off to Singapore…

Ja, las ich auch auf FB...:wavey:

Ziva
Dec 23rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Was will sie in Singapore ?

Saraya!
Dec 23rd, 2012, 11:26 PM

Spielt da einen Schaukampf.

KatjaS
Dec 23rd, 2012, 11:48 PM
If she's really playing an exhibition in Singapore the whole "was flying to berlin smart" discussion was pointless.

maturedgirl
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:01 AM

Es gibt keine direktflüge berlin-sydney/brisbane, aber ganz günstige flüge von berlin nach singapore mit umsteigen und weiter nach australien. Dann isse dienstag zum Frühstück bei den kängurus :lol:

aber die diskussion war eh unsinnig...

Ziva
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:19 AM
ja wie jetzt, spielt sie nen Schaukampf oder steigt sie um :confused:

Jimmie48
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Ich glaube Saraya will hier Verwirrung stiften, ich kann nichts über irgendeine Exhibition (mit oder ohne Sabine) in Singapur finden. Letztes Jahr gab es eine um Weihnachten rum aber die war dieses Jahr schon im November.

Dürfte also nur ein Zwischenstop sein.

Schnffy
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:02 AM
that is a bit odd...xmas eve will be over when she arrives down under...:scratch:

maturedgirl
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:16 AM
ja wie jetzt, spielt sie nen Schaukampf oder steigt sie um :confused:

sie steigt um!:)

Ich glaube Saraya will hier Verwirrung stiften hübsch gesagt :lol:

that is a bit odd...xmas eve will be over when she arrives down under... ja und? Wo isn da ein Problem? Sie kann noch 50-80 mal weihnachten feiern wenn sie ihre tenniskarriere beendet hat.

misty1
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:29 AM
why is she getting crap from supposed fans for spending christmas at home?

she cant possibly have a worst season than last year..well i guess she could but lets be optimistic

Jimmie48
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:31 AM
why is she getting crap from supposed fans for spending christmas at home?

she cant possibly have a worst season than last year..well i guess she could but lets be optimistic

It's not really her fans criticizing her for it, some people in here have openly admitted their disdain for her, yet feel the need to maintain a presence in here for some reason.

maturedgirl
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I'm sleepless ... is it for xmas celeb or am I already in oz time zone :rolleyes:

Well, let the aussie/nz games get started :lol:

Geekking
Dec 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Looking forward to see her new season. I hope she had fun with her friends and family in Berlin.
Now overcome with jetlag and start practice with fresh mind Sabine :)

Mike81
Dec 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Facebook Update :cool:

"Off to Singapore…..then Aussie. Excited about the new season.."

CillyUltra
Dec 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
She could have flown on Dec 25th like 2 years ago, but once again this illustrates her huge dedication to this sport. Fully understandable that she wanted to meet some of her friends before she'll be away probably until April.

Schnffy
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM
ja und? Wo isn da ein Problem? Sie kann noch 50-80 mal weihnachten feiern wenn sie ihre tenniskarriere beendet hat.

I have read that you have a daughter, how can you deny that:

@AngeliqueKerber:
Christmas is the best time of the year !!!

? :o

merry christmas to everyone! :)

Ziva
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Moment mal, erst wird gemeckert das sie so spät erst abreist und dann das sie nicht zu hause ist an den Feiertagen. :lol:

Trinkt nicht so viel und lasst sie machen was sie will an und um Weihnachten, es ist doch noch kein Ball gespielt bisher.

Geekking
Dec 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I have read that you have a daughter, how can you deny that:

@AngeliqueKerber:
Christmas is the best time of the year !!!

? :o

merry christmas to everyone! :)

Angiee :tape: :lol:

Sabine is on plane flight #EK 432 Emirates Airlines I guess :cool:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=283958129&airlineCode=EK&flightNumber=432

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAE432

http://www.flightradar24.com/#!/2012-12-24/02:28/UAE432

The plane is Boeing B 777-31H which is really comfortable

http://www.airteamimages.com/pics/142/142637_800.jpg

Mike will you go and welcome her in airport :P
If she was on the plane to Turkey right now, I would be ready for that :lol:
Have a nice week in Sydney while watching Sabine ;)

Mike81
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Angiee :tape: :lol:

Btw,
Sabine is on plane flight #EK 432 Emirates Airlines I guess :cool:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=283958129&airlineCode=EK&flightNumber=432

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAE432

http://www.flightradar24.com/#!/2012-12-24/02:28/UAE432

The plane is Boeing B 777-31H which is really comfortable

http://www.airteamimages.com/pics/142/142637_800.jpg

Mike will you go and welcome her in airport :)If she was coming to Turkey I would have do that :/

I would like to although I don't know if I'll be able to do that but I will watch her match if she makes it to the main draw in Sydney. Unfortunately I won't be in Sydney all the time due to work, so I need some luck with Sabine's schedule suiting mine.

Mike81
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
It's not really her fans criticizing her for it, some people in here have openly admitted their disdain for her, yet feel the need to maintain a presence in here for some reason.

In my opinion we shouldn't let anti Sabine people in here!

Ziva
Dec 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Tracking flights guys !?

Slightly crossing the line there again ;)

KatjaS
Dec 24th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Tracking flights guys !?

They got the wrong flight anyway. :lol:

Saraya!
Dec 24th, 2012, 03:19 PM
They got the wrong flight anyway. :lol:

:facepalm:

Ian Aberdon
Dec 24th, 2012, 03:25 PM
:lol:

Geekking
Dec 24th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Tracking flights guys !?

Flightradar's radar information is wrong. You can check the right radar information from FlightAware :)

Jimmie48
Dec 24th, 2012, 04:58 PM
And once again the creep-meter goes through the roof..... really guys?

Ziva
Dec 24th, 2012, 05:19 PM
indeed

Mike81
Dec 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Personally, I only want to track Bine's progress in Sydney and the time she'll be playing so I can watch her. I've not yet watched my favourite player live.

maturedgirl
Dec 25th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Flightradar's radar information is wrong. You can check the right radar information from FlightAware :)

Hell YA!!!

You know, you are the most sicko creature on this panel and thats hard to achieve ... completely weird!:cuckoo:

No wonder she doesn't post her wherabouts except on plane where she is secure from worst grade stalking ...:facepalm:

And once again the creep-meter goes through the roof..... really guys? LOL

JohnMcP
Dec 26th, 2012, 04:24 AM
In all fairness to Geekking, weren't we all trying to prove she wasn't playing an exhibition match in Singapore? :shrug: Not sure how all of the details of her flight are relevant, but just looking for any sane explanation.:lol:

Geekking
Dec 26th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hell YA!!!

You know, you are the most sicko creature on this panel and thats hard to achieve ... completely weird!:cuckoo:

No wonder she doesn't post her wherabouts except on plane where she is secure from worst grade stalking ...:facepalm:

LOL

Thank you for your nice compliments kid http://img.donanimhaber.com/upfiles/smiley/santa2.gif but I shared that information because I'm interested with aircrafts and just wanted to know fans here that she is traveling with a nice and comfortable plane and she won't be wayworn. Fans were talking about her travel distance, handicaps of her long flight and judging her choice...
I think you are sick or trying to throw mud on me.. Stop provoking this forum. If you have problem or feel uncomfortable with my comments just send a pm.
I also feel sorry if other fans understood the same way you did..

Mike81
Dec 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm sure Bine had a nice flight and she's fine. Let's not make a big drama about everything :cool:

Bine's latest facebook update

"I want ______________ 's (name athlete) skill for Christmas."

My answer on her page

Hi lovely lady, I'm working on my serve in my tennis game. Just an amateur but I like to try and serve like you, especially when you serve 4 bombs in a row against Li Na at Wimbledon in 2011 to stay in the match :) So Sabine Lisicki skill would be my answer.

KatjaS
Dec 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I shared that information because I'm interested with aircrafts and just wanted to know fans here that she is traveling with a nice and comfortable plane and she won't be wayworn. Fans were talking about her travel distance, handicaps of her long flight and judging her choice...

The problem with excessive travel isn't that her seat is uncomfortable, it's both jet lag and getting the flu/other viral illnesses.

Posting about the aircraft isn't a problem, it's posting the specific flight while she is still on it that gives out a stalker vibe. And the seat picture she posted was Qantas Business class seat, I know that because I had the same kind of seat when I flew to Australia last year. Emirates seats always look tacky.

maturedgirl
Dec 26th, 2012, 07:26 PM
In all fairness to Geekking, weren't we all trying to prove she wasn't playing an exhibition match in Singapore?

Honestly: NO!
somebody'd talked about before and singapore is on the way to ozziland..so what!

flyingmachine
Dec 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM
:devil: Here we go.

Lisickinator
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM
first round versus Lucie Safarova

Ziva
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Safarova :help:

mk27
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Better than Williams or Kerber :shrug:

Carsten
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I dont think its that bad ;) You never know what to expect from Sararova, but she won't let Sabine make all the errors. Cound have been worse.

misty1
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:23 AM
shit:mad:

Carsten
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:31 AM
I dont think its that bad ;) You never know what to expect from Sararova, but she won't let Sabine make all the errors. Cound have been worse.

okay now it's bad, 2nd round vs. Azarenka :tape:

Jimmie48
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Vika would be her R2 opponent so most likely the end of the road. Still, she played decent against her in Beijing so it's not too bad. I much rather have her lose to Vika than to Kerber.

Edit: I just saw, Vika has a BYE in R1. Facing Sabine without any prior matches is actually rather tough so she could make something happen here.

Michael!
Dec 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM
well, it was clear that Sabine (an an unseeded player) would have a hard time in Brisbane but it was her own decision to play here...
Safarova in 1st round is not easy for sure but as Carsten said, u never know what to expect when u play Safarova, could go over 3 sets easily, some good points, awful errors from both, we´ll see.
Would be really important to get a win here obviously and another match against Azarenka but Sabine is still the underdog here obviously, good luck :p

crazillo
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Safarova-Lisicki could be a shitfest but whoever wins has the golden opportunity to play against a top player when they are not match-tough.

guichard
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:58 AM
well, it was clear that Sabine (an an unseeded player) would have a hard time in Brisbane but it was her own decision to play here...
Safarova in 1st round is not easy for sure but as Carsten said, u never know what to expect when u play Safarova, could go over 3 sets easily, some good points, awful errors from both, we´ll see.
Would be really important to get a win here obviously and another match against Azarenka but Sabine is still the underdog here obviously, good luck :p

This and she is playing Sydney next where it will be the same.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free

Geekking
Dec 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
No doubt she will win

JohnMcP
Dec 29th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Psychologically this will be good for Sabine. She will be the underdog so she won't have to worry about being "one and done" against players she should easily beat (as plagued her throughout last year).

Mike81
Dec 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hopefully she can perform in Australia, it's been a few years since she played lead up tournaments here. I am counting on her getting to the main draw in Sydney so I can go see her with my luck she'll break my heart again but let's just look at the next match, it's been a while since she even won a match and no match is straightforward for her now.

Lisickinator
Dec 30th, 2012, 07:04 AM
first round on center court tomorrow at 11.30 am (2.30 am CET) :)

Ian Aberdon
Dec 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Good luck Sabs. I just hope she has been working on her game & not just the same old training routines. I note Jarka won, & there's a couple of comments about her changing back to a Wilson racquet as a better fit for her game. As Sabs is predominantly a power hitter (& I'd like to think a better player than Jarka although you do wonder in the last 12mths) I wonder in retrospect if switching away from Wilson was a good move, as we start the new season.

Ziva
Dec 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
first round on center court tomorrow at 11.30 am (2.30 am CET) :)

Center court and underdog, i guess she will like that ;)

Mike81
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I may miss the start, but will be hurrying back from work hoping this match will be on tv! The match is tough but looks quite winnable for Bine if she plays well but then again so did alot last season and we know what happened. I also hope she's done some serious thinking about her game, I'm sure she has and I'm always believing in her but she needs to repay the faith. Let's be positive though for the new season, I've really missed cheering for my special girl :hug:. Good Luck Bine :cheer: :hug:

mk27
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:12 AM
She won 62 64 against Safarova

That was a really good performance, IMO the best performance outside from grass since summer 2011

Carsten
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:14 AM
Really a great match, she seems definitely in good shape pysically and confident, nothing like the player from end of last season :)

Schnffy
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:16 AM
bine :kiss: :banana: :woohoo: :yippee:...great first win of the season...she was very pleased after the match :yeah:

Ziva
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:17 AM
Very good performance, showed her fighting spirit, going for every point, great groundstrokes.

To be fair Safarova wasn't very good, especially on serve, but she was playing solid from the baseline.

And hell Sabine is looking so good, soooo fit.

Mike81
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:22 AM
I'm really happy to see Sabine playing alot better than she has for a while and getting a good win, missed that winning feeling and good confident serving and strokes. She ran down some balls she wouldn't have last season and showed she can turn it on with the serving, 3 straight aces at one stage :cool:

Needs to find some regular form and then she can still climb those rankings in time. Nothing to lose v Vika in the next round. I raced home from work to be back in time to watch my fave girl, looking really fit, beautiful New season, new attitude, let's hope so, I love this woman and she gives me the great happiness to see her smile and charm the crowd in the interview :cheer:

Jimmie48
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:23 AM
I think the draw is a blessing in disguise. Her newfound confidence will be put to the test tomorrow. If she can play like that against Vika (regardless of the match outcome) then I'm confident it's a real change.

maturedgirl
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:25 AM
Important win and a joy to watch! Good stats and improved defensive game due to better fitness. NYsE party can start :rocker:

Good Nite!:angel:

CillyUltra
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:40 AM
Great to see that Sabine delivered what I expected based on her burning ambition. :yeah:

misty1
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:41 AM
she played so well!

i missed her:hysteric:

if she can play like this against vika..who knows

Sabinator.
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:50 AM
Really, really solid :cheer: And she's so fit :inlove:

Ian Aberdon
Dec 31st, 2012, 06:50 AM
An encouraging start - if she gives Vika a game, I'll be happy with her start to the season. :yeah:

Geekking
Dec 31st, 2012, 08:04 AM
Great way to start to the new season with nice stats. Congrats Sabine! :dance:

Beaumont
Dec 31st, 2012, 08:20 AM
Well done Sabine

She's a momentum player, so getting off to a great start is just what she needs.
Didn't see the match though, so no idea if Safarova played badly, or Sabine was looking good

Schnffy
Dec 31st, 2012, 08:32 AM
@sabinelisicki
Won 1st match of the new season 62 64. Very happy with the win! It was fun being on the court thx for coming out and supporting!!!

:)

Mike81
Dec 31st, 2012, 09:58 AM
Boom Boom Bine is back in a big way! Only 1 win but the signs are there for a much improved season.

Michael!
Dec 31st, 2012, 10:16 AM
Important win for Sabine, really nice!
Couldn´t watch it but great to hear that Sabine got fitter again, good serving as well it seems, that´s a good start! :)
No pressure against Azarenka, hope that she can show a good match, a bit closer than it was in China hopefully.

maurysicki
Dec 31st, 2012, 01:21 PM
It 'a shame that I could not follow the match but ... how nice! :hearts: I just start my PC and I've read of victory. I am very happy for Sabine! It 'a good start to the season. :cheer::cheer:

CillyUltra
Dec 31st, 2012, 02:22 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/jghnbqhab/sabinenewyeartweet.jpg

Good Old Sabine
Dec 31st, 2012, 06:23 PM
What a great victory over Safarova. Hopefully she puts in a similar performance against Vika and moves on to the next round

Tecumseh
Dec 31st, 2012, 06:40 PM
I saw her match on tennistv and have to say that this was indeed a very strong performance by Sabine. It looks like she has raised her fitness level significantly during the offseason. So i am really curious about her next match against Azarenka. I think she can at least make it a match.

Dorien.
Dec 31st, 2012, 07:21 PM
What a great start of the season :)

maturedgirl
Jan 1st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Azarenka is just another level of consistency and won't give her that number of errors though nothing than a Vika victory would be more than a surprise. Hope like others for a good match and that she will take some confidence along to the sydney qualy.

A shame she'd placed in this quarter of the Brissy draw!:devil:

Ziva
Jan 1st, 2013, 09:20 PM
We will see, anything can happen.

I just hope Sabine's performance won't drop from what we've seen in the first match like we saw so often from her.

No pressure at least.

Beaumont
Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Very happy it'a a night session match, this means I can watch it live on British Eurosport

C'mon Sabine!!

Geekking
Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
Come on come on can't wait :)

Geekking
Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
http://imgim.com/lisicki.jpg
:hearts:

Beaumont
Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Even though she lost, that's the best I've seen her play since Wimbledon

She has definitely lost some weight, her legs and stomach looks more toned and her movement was much better

mk27
Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
After this loss, it's clear that she will be unseeded in Melbourne

Michael!
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Sabine can be satisfied with the result!
She played aggressive and attacked Azarenka´s weak 2nd serve, that is how u have to play.
But she often was not patient enough, brainless ballbashing often and just too many errors, that´s just not enough then if you play the world no1!
Her own serve also wasn´t as effective as it should be but Azarenka is one of the best returners also but there is still some work to do there for Sabine,
but good signs here in Brisbane, good matches, hope she can show some good tennis in Sydney as well. :)

Ziva
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
She should really have played Auckland....

How are the chances that she will get into the MD of Sydney ?

Beaumont
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Her own serve also wasn´t as effective as it should be

This is one of Sabine's mysteries. She gets broken far too easily for someone with such a big serve

Sabinator.
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
But don't forget Azarenka is one of the best returners, if not the best returner in women's game.

Michael!
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM

I actually would prefer to see her in qualies!
She just needs a few more matches and has to work on her consistency, so better to play a few lower ranked players first..but that only works if she qualifies obviously, an early defeat in Q would be worst case :tape:

Ziva
Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah i thought that too before i saw her play, but she played very well against a top 20 player and solid against the number one.

We don't know yet how she will perfprm when she has to play a lower ranked player, which isn't her best matchup as we know.

maturedgirl
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Will this headcase kid ever learn to play the usual points between her bullets ? :lol:

Seriously, if she kicks herself tonight, I can understand! But however, 2 Sabine matches in three days live and coloured ... when do I got this pleasure recently?:hearts:

I really didn't expect her to win it but also never thought she would play so many so really awsome winners ;) And the good news: Her next two opponents won't be top 5 players :p

Btw: The dadcoach talk was hilarious!!!:happy:Sabine at her Best! Lovely! When you've seen it you know why daddy is still her coach ;)
bleated when dadcoach told her to put a bit more spin in it: I'm just doing but shall I brake my wrists or what?! LOL

She's such a wildhorse :lol:
Allin all was a joy to watch for me and I'm happy I took some night sleep to watch it!

Ziva
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Btw: The dadcoach talk was hilarious!!!:happy:Sabine at her Best! Lovely! When you've seen it you know why daddy is still her coach ;)

Was hat er denn gesagt ? :)

guichard
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM

Very good . Unless Sydney organizer convinces Serena/Sharapova/Azarenka to take a top 20 WC

maturedgirl
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:33 PM
Was hat er denn gesagt ? :)

Sie war in totaler Panik und meinte zu ihm: Ich bin total hektisch. Sag mir wie ich das änder! Er nur: spiel mit etwas mehr spin und mehr Bälle rein, nimm tempo raus variier mehr(before the shots) Und ihr bester Satz voll in Rage: Mach ich doch, aber soll ich mir die Handgelenke brechen oder was? :lol:

Und er ganz ruhig weiter am reden, sie unterbricht ihn... ja ich weiß und der return? Der war super, zum Teil perfekt, mach einfach weiter so, nur spiel mehr Bälle rein bevor du den winner suchst > ist alles ganz eng, nur wenige Bälle entschieden...blabla...aber ich fand war gutes coaching und kurzzeitig, nachdem sie mal wieder 0:2 zurücklag, hat sie es ja auch umgesetzt...

maturedgirl
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Very good . Unless Sydney organizer convinces Serena/Sharapova/Azarenka to take a top 20 WC

Oh no, she really should play qualies obwohl.... :rolleyes:

Schnffy
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
@sabinelisicki
Had a very good match but lost in tight sets. Going to take a lot out of this match! Looking forward to my next tournaments!!

Thanks for all your support out there tonight! It was soo much fun to play in Brissy!

bine satisfied... :)

Schnffy
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM

she wants to compete with the big girls ;)

Schnffy
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
bleated when dadcoach told her to put a bit more spin in it: I'm just doing but shall I brake my wrists or what?! LOL

her dad is just her coach on court...they seperate private and professional life...

dadcoach also sounds like deadcoach... :tape:

misty1
Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
well i hate that she lost but im glad it was close

Mike81
Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
It's disappointing, well not surprising. She plays so well at times but then can't hold her big serve. Vika punishes those weak moments and that's the difference between the No 1 and exciting but erratic talents like Bine.

I hope she qualifies for Sydney so I can watch her, atleast the hopes of a winning season more like 2011 is on the cards.

Beaumont
Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
I hope she qualifies for Sydney so I can watch her

Are you still in contact with Sabine, Mike?

Hopefully you can post some nice Sydney photos of her!

Mike81
Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Are you still in contact with Sabine, Mike?

Hopefully you can post some nice Sydney photos of her!

Unfortunately I'm not. Sabine these days clearly isn't interested in fan contact on twitter so no luck for me or anyone else lately. Only in 2010/2011 did she reply to my tweets, it's been a while.

I intend to go and watch her play in Sydney if she qualifies, probably I will take photos. Needless to say before some smart alec says it, no I would not be going to 'stalk' her there and she doesn't need bodyguards :rolleyes: One fan says he has 'alerted' people about me :facepalm: The closest I'd expect to come to her would be if I was in the front row of the crowd and that is all.

crazillo
Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
When Sabine posts on twitter after a loss, she has to be in a good mood.
Interesting that her dad is telling her to play some safe shots. She should listen to him and play more percentage tennis sometimes. :p
He did well to calm her down though.

Ziva
Jan 2nd, 2013, 02:30 PM
Sie war in totaler Panik und meinte zu ihm: Ich bin total hektisch. Sag mir wie ich das änder! Er nur: spiel mit etwas mehr spin und mehr Bälle rein, nimm tempo raus variier mehr(before the shots) Und ihr bester Satz voll in Rage: Mach ich doch, aber soll ich mir die Handgelenke brechen oder was? :lol:

Und er ganz ruhig weiter am reden, sie unterbricht ihn... ja ich weiß und der return? Der war super, zum Teil perfekt, mach einfach weiter so, nur spiel mehr Bälle rein bevor du den winner suchst > ist alles ganz eng, nur wenige Bälle entschieden...blabla...aber ich fand war gutes coaching und kurzzeitig, nachdem sie mal wieder 0:2 zurücklag, hat sie es ja auch umgesetzt...
Na das hört sich doch gut an, ganz anders als letzte Saison wo sie nur so da saß immer wie ein Häufchen Elend.

Was das alles mit dem Peschke sollte frage ich mich trotzdem immernoch...

tennisfreak13
Jan 2nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Sie hat ja eigentlich sogar selber gesagt und gewusst was falsch läuft. Aber das dann umzusetzen ist dann wohl nicht so einfach wenn man immer drauf haut.

Dorien.
Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:56 PM
I wasn't able to watch but from what I read here, it was and ok match. Well I'm happy she could do this against the number one.

maturedgirl
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Sie hat ja eigentlich sogar selber gesagt und gewusst was falsch läuft. Aber das dann umzusetzen ist dann wohl nicht so einfach wenn man immer drauf haut.

So isse halt und das macht auch die Stärke ihres Spiels aus. So und nicht anders hat sie ihre Erfolge errungen und wenn der erste Aufschlag zu 60+% kommen würde, dann kann sie damit auch jede schlagen außer Serena, wenn die fit is.Und wer das nicht aushält oder mag der muss sich die Sicherheitsspieler anschauen :p

Jedem seins. Aber is ja wohl vielsagend, wenn der amerikanische Kommentator in ihrem ersten Match sich fast überschlug vor Begeisterung, dass endlich eine vom Spieltyp Lisicki wieder zurück ist! Aber wem sag ich das! :lol:

Und zu dir Ziva: Ich finde nicht dass sich das gut anhört, eher, dass wir uns damit abfinden sollten dass sie ein Wildpferd ist und Wildpferde werden nie gute Dressurpferde....war das jetzt zu kompliziert? Egal, meinetwgen kann sie verlieren sie oft sie will, aber sie soll nie das "Draufhauen" lassen. ;)

Ziva
Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Am Ende lag die Quote sogar bei 60% glaube ich.;)
Klar wird sie nie einstellige UE Werte erreichen, genausowenig wie Wozniacki spektakuläre Winner schlagen kann.
Das ist halt ihr Spielstil und zwar schon immer. Trotzdem kann man bzw. muss man in gewissen situationen auch umschalten können und mal etwas passiver spielen. Das kann man schon lernen.

Heute hat sie das sogar einige Male toll gemacht mit den kurzen Bällen mit viel Spin, da hat Azarenka auch nicht mit gerechnet.
Wenn es so einfach wäre das die Damen das genau so umsetzen könnten wie der coach das sagt, na das wäre aber was :lol:

Bodensee
Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Habe mir den ersten Satz vom Spiel angeschaut. Man muss klar sagen, dass Lisicki ihr Spiel wieder auf ein besseres Level angehoben hat. Von der Technik her fand ich die Aufschläge und Grundschläge besser als bei Azarenka. Das Problem ist halt weiterhin, dass ihr Spiel nicht stabil genug ist. Im Gegensatz zu Azarenka hat sie Probleme 10 offensive Grundschläge ohne Fehler zu spielen.

maturedgirl
Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Apia Intl Sydney ‏@SydneyTennis
She's entered in qualies tmrw. #SydneyTennis http://bit.ly/TxijtZ RT @kimmya06 is @sabinelisicki playing in this year's Apia International?

qualies in Sydney after all ;)

JohnMcP
Jan 3rd, 2013, 03:11 AM

I think things worked out for the better in Brisbane. She was able to beat a top 20 player (granted, who did not play not a top 20) and play competitively against #1. She got more playing in than most of the seeds and seemed to end in good spirits -- she smiled after the match and sent a happy tweet. Most importantly, and unlike Auckland last year, she did not get injured. :D

The match against Azarenka shows that she still has much to work on -- improve her first serve percentage and hit with a little more spin/margin. Had all those balls that clipped the top of the net gone over by a few inches, it might have cost her a few winners, but she would have put enough constant pressure on Vika to get inside her head. As it was, Vika was satisfied just playing the percentages and getting the ball back waiting for Sabine to make an error. Hopefully, Sabine will get plenty of matchplay in at the qualies and into the main draw at Sydney.

guichard
Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Yeah Sabine in Sydney quallies. First round Cabeza then probably 2nd round Oudin , 3rd Larsson/Parmentier http://www.apiainternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/QS.pdf

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Who is this spanish player with that beautiful name ? ;)

http://www.apiainternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/OP.pdf

Mike81
Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
The important thing for me is will she still be in the tournament by Monday? because I'm out of Sydney, Fri-Sun. On this form she should beat those kind of players, if she doesn't once again I will cancel plans to go to the tennis, just like last year when she was injured. Not interested in going if Sabine's not playing, wouldn't be surprised if she gets knocked out because that would be typical of my luck.

Geekking
Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Nice draw for q Sydney. Enjoy your week Mike...

Mike81
Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:16 AM
If she's really changed her form she could go very well but you never know with Bine.

KatjaS
Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Looks doable. 3 nice wins should give her further confidence.

Lisickinator
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Who is this spanish player with that beautiful name ? ;)

estrella - star
cabeza - head
candela - candle

Ziva
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
So qualies it is is then.
Let's hope she can also do it against scrubs this year.

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
estrella - star
cabeza - head
candela - candle

Okayi..... aber das war es eigentlich nicht was ich wissen wollte, trotzdem, danke für den Spanischunterricht :lol:

Aber was solls, alle drei nächsten Matches muss sie gewinnen! :)

Let's hope she can also do it against scrubs this year. http://www.smiley-paradies.de/smileys/gefuehle/gefuehle_0130.gif

Mike81
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394802_4437289805075_1174859528_n.jpg

Hello Sabine!! :hearts::kiss::worship:

My lovely girl is nearby :)

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394802_4437289805075_1174859528_n.jpg

Hello Sabine!! :hearts::kiss::worship:

My lovely girl is nearby :)

Yes she is, this one time of the year she's near by and you won't support her thru qualies!?!?! Unbelievable ....:shrug:

Mike81
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Yes she is, this one time of the year she's near by and you won't support her thru qualies!?!?! Unbelievable ....:shrug:

You think I'm happy I have to work and will be out of town at this time? I love her very much and I wish I could be there! I know it's popular on these forums to give me a hard time but this is a situation I cannot help :sad: It's like you either try to rub it in or guilt me, I don't know why, nobody loves the girl more!. Sabine will have to qualify and make it through to Mon/Tues when I am back in Sydney, possibly I can see her on Sun night if she'd be playing then.

P.S. I'd just to go to cheer for her and take some nice photos, not to 'stalk her'. How ridiculous some fans are thinking this about me and always the same ones. I love her and admire her but I know the limits.

mk27
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Sydney Qualifying

(1)Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)
Paula Ormaechea (ARG) v Melanie Oudin (USA)
Karolina Pliskova (CZE) v Alexandra Panova (RUS)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v (7)Pauline Parmentier (FRA)

First 2 rounds are really must-wins.

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Sydney Qualifying

(1)Sabine Lisicki (GER)
(7)Pauline Parmentier (FRA)

Pauline (if she wins her first 2 matches) too! :)

Ziva
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:06 AM

Also sowas, unter der Woche arbeiten die Menschen halt :help:
Du nicht ?

Ziva
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Sydney Qualifying

There are no must wins anymore, we learned that the hard way last year. ;)

Mike81
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
I don't understand German well but If I guess the post is again critical of me then I think my guess is right.

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
There are no must wins anymore, we learned that the hard way last year. ;)

Doch, wenn sie gesund ist schon! Dann sollten für sie dieselben Ansprüche gelten wie für alle deutschen Spielerinnen! Und, hey, wenn sie da so rangehen würde, nach dem Motto: schaun ma mal.... dann kann sie gleich aufhören! ;)

Genauso wie Larsson für Görges ein Must Win war sinds für Sabine die qualigirls! Must win heißt nicht, dass sie nicht verlieren kann, wenn sie sich ein Bein bricht, nen Sonnenstich hat oder einen Asthmaanfall (nur so Beispiele, bitte nich kommentieren;)) oder so :p

Some more (self) confidence guys :p

Beaumont
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
I don't understand German well but If I guess the post is again critical of me then I think my guess is right.

I don't think it was Mike. Ziva was saying, midweek you can't just stop working to watch someone play tennis

Ziva
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM

no Mike i said people do have a job and can't just go see Tennis whenever they want :)

Ziva
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Doch, wenn sie gesund ist schon! Dann sollten für sie dieselben Ansprüche gelten wie für alle deutschen Spielerinnen! Und, hey, wenn sie da so rangehen würde, nach dem Motto: schaun ma mal.... dann kann sie gleich aufhören! ;)

Genauso wie Larsson für Görges ein Must Win war sinds für Sabine die qualigirls! Must win heißt nicht, dass sie nicht verlieren kann, wenn sie sich ein Bein bricht, nen Sonnenstich hat oder einen Asthmaanfall (nur so Beispiele, bitte nich kommentieren;)) oder so :p

Some more (self) confidence guys :p

Na dann hoffen wir mal das Beste :)

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
no Mike i said people do have a job and can't just go see Tennis whenever they want :)

I thought there's the possibility to take holidays even in australia and as much and all the time Mike is online I didn't think about that :lol: (I mean a job)

I only wonder coz he is her No1 fan and I know some people less enthusiastic who take some days free only to watch tennis, even go by train thru germany to do so (not me!) ;)

Mike81
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
I thought theres the possibility to take holidays even in australia and as much and all the time Mike is online I didn't think about that :lol: (I mean a job)

I only wonder coz he is her No1 fan and I know some people less passioned who take some days free only to watch tennis, even go by train thru germany to do so (not me!) ;)

Of course I wish I could see her! but I'm tied up the next few days and can't get the time off. My job has unusual hours and is not Mon-Fri- my boss took holidays so I'm not able to unfortunately.. So I just need to be optimistic that she'll qualify and then she'll draw a big name opponent and I'll cheer for her on centre court :cool:

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
I think I'm such a naughty person ... would even skip work if she once played a match in Berlin :lol:

and I'm not as focused on her like you ... or simply in another way :lol:

Well, lets just hope she gets these three victories in qualy and you can watch and support her live from stages :)
fingers crossed!

crazillo
Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Unusual hours? Not Mon-Fri? :lol:

I am just too nasty. :D

Mike81
Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I can't skip these work days or I would be fired. Just leave it at that. Of course I will go to Bine's matches when I am able. I'll nervously look out for the qualifying scores on my phone.

Banditoo
Jan 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
I think I've started liking Sabine again :lol:

Michael!
Jan 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
good draw for Sabine, nice chance to show us that she became more consistent in 2013 :cool:
shouldn´t have bigger problems to qualify here but we´ll see :unsure:

rucolo
Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:27 PM

This will show us how good Sabine`s form really is. Also interesting for Fed Cup. She is the favourite in every match. It would be very embarrassing to not qualify for Sydney main draw with this weak field. In Brisbane Sabine was the underdog against higher ranked Safarova and Azarenka, could play without pressure. Sabine loves being the underdog, always plays her best tennis in this situation. Now we will see if Sabine has learned something.

Dorien.
Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
She should qualify :rocker:

Geekking
Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:49 PM

Order Of Play

KatjaS
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:12 PM
There are no streams for qualies anyway.

maturedgirl
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Sabine loves being the underdog, always plays her best tennis in this situation. Now we will see if Sabine has learned something.

:spit::happy:

Du klingst wie ein pensionierter Oberlehrer!Hilarious! Ja, sie hat in 5 Wochen in Florida wieder das Tennisspielen gelernt :lol:

Geht doch nicht darum, ob sie was gelernt hat, sondern ob sie Consistency in ihr Spiel bekommt. Auch wenns für dich und alle Freunde des Sicherheitstennis unlogisch klingt, aber diese Qualy wird alles andere als einfach für sie, beziehungsweise ihren kopf, die Einstellung, denn der is auf andere Gegerinnen programmiert. Trotzdem bin ich optimistisch dass sie sich irgendwie da durchbeißt. Und wer weiß, bei ihr muss/darf man mit allem rechnen, einem 6:2 6:4 oder nem knappen Dreisatzsieg rollercoaster like, aber nichtsdestotrotz gehe ich davon aus dass sie das MD erreicht!:devil:
So oder so .....

Und FC sollen die anderen Ladies mal ohne sie machen! Kerber meint doch eh sie ist die beste deutsche Spielerin, kann sie ja dann beweisen!

Ziva
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
Und FC sollen die anderen Ladies mal ohne sie machen! Kerber meint doch eh sie ist die beste deutsche Spielerin, kann sie ja dann beweisen!

Das Hoffe ich inständig !!

Die Quali wird sicher nicht leicht, das ist sie für keinen, da kann immer was schief gehen, schade das man nichts sehen kann :(

mk27
Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Fed Cup wird Lisicki schon spielen, warum hat sie wohl in Doha nicht gemeldet. :angel:

guichard
Jan 4th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Sabine #Lisicki has withdrawn from qualifying singles due to viral illness. Alt. Natassja Burnett of Italy replaces her https://twitter.com/SydneyTennis/status/287038970691469312

Lisickinator
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:05 AM
:yawn: Why are you doin' this to us?

And she probably won't visit the Sydney harbour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsM7n9PHmzw :weirdo:

fhcpig
Jan 4th, 2013, 05:21 AM
When Sabine was ill,not injured,her performance:
2011 Beijing withdrawed in 2nd round (gluten allergy/food poisoning)
2011 Linz lost in 1st round
2011 luxemberg withdrawed

2012 Paris withdrawed (viral illness)
2012 Doha lost in 1st round
2012 Dubai lost in 2nd round
2012 Indian Wells lost in 1st round
------------------------------------
She always need a long time to recover.

Ziva
Jan 4th, 2013, 08:34 AM
This is a joke, WTF Bine

Good bye Top 50 it is then, form will start at zero again, like always :o

Beaumont
Jan 4th, 2013, 08:52 AM
A viral illness?
As in a slight cold perhaps?

Only Sabine could pick up such a thing in Australia's summer!

Last year, I saw Djokovic blowing his nose at sit downs due to having a cold, Federer was the same in a match. I've also seen Serena blowing her nose due to a cold

I'm afraid Sabine is going to have to play through these little illnesses if she wants to get where she wants to be

Ian Aberdon
Jan 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Speechless :speakles:

lolada_4
Jan 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM
She will play in AO?

crazillo
Jan 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Sabine :sad: Hope she is fit for Melbourne.

Michael!
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Lol, 2nd tournament of the year and already has to withdraw again, always the same :hysteric:
well, still much time before Melbourne starts, I have no doubts that she will be able to play but with Sabine u always have to expect the worst, hope that this virus won´t kill her good shape from Brisbane totally :unsure:
Anyway, Sabine will be unseeded in Melbourne, she needs luck with the draw for sure, we´ll see..

Jimmie48
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM
This is not good. Playing through qualies would have been her chance to prove the upwards form we`ve seen is legit. Now she has to jump into the deep end at the AO, not sure I like her chances there.

Ziva
Jan 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
This is just shit and on top of it it's even worse than last year.
If you take a look at her 2012 Start, she played well, got injured after 3 Matches. But at least was Ranked very High. First Match AO and pretty much the complete AO she played not very well. Got to 4th round somehow.

This year she played well, but gets sick after just two matches and can't afford it.
Plus unseeded at AO, which means she would need to play her best from day one, which she isn't good at.

I have no hopes for some wins in the next Tournaments.

Lisickinator
Jan 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Pretty unexpected for her as well cause she tweeted at 22:47 the day before when she will play.

Hope this illness disappeares as fast as it came. :hug:

Tuckii
Jan 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
She is such a fail! :(

Mike81
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
More disappointment for Bine and more disappointment for me. She's so fragile... oh well again I will save my money and not go to the tournament, better things to do that sit in the hot sun watching tennis when I have AC at home.

Obviously I feel hurt by not being able to see her AGAIN but it's not her fault and can't be helped. Speedy recovery. She still managed a 4th round placing in Aus Open last year while missing my local tourney. At first I felt annoyed with Bine for missing it as if she couldn't possibly be that sick to again withdraw and angry that she's again missing the one tourney where I could drive to go seen her, but since I've calmed down. We need to support her, not blame her. Usually the posters on here seem mad with Bine for getting sick or injured, how do you think she must feel? she needs :hug: now not criticism like 'she is such a fail'. Bine is an emotional girl and fans must stick by her.

Even Vika fans know about frustration with her withdrawing from Brisbane, there's nothing fans can do about it. We just have to accept it. Get well soon Bine :hug: I love her even though I don't know when I'll ever be able to watch her live :sad:

Beaumont
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:15 AM
It's been confirmed (as expected) that Sabine will be unseeded

Fingers crossed for a good draw
It will just be Sabine's luck that she pulls out Serena!

KatjaS
Jan 7th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Given that she is apparently already practicing she might have just wanted to skip Sydney to prepare for the AOs.

Ziva
Jan 7th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I see, a very quick Virus it was :tape:

Drückeritis, kommt und geht schnell :o

lovethetennis
Jan 7th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Something was telling me she would be fine for the AO ;) Good luck Sabine :)

KatjaS
Jan 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM

I actually prefer a bit of schedule swagger to notorious "I have to play everything!". If she feels well and think she can go far at the AO then it's a good call to skip Sydney.

Ziva
Jan 7th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Well, i think we agree that she has enough pull outs for a Tennislifetime already.

I don't like the mentality of faked injuries or sicknesses which seems to be the standard on the tour these days. Yeah i know they have to, but still...

Since it's unusual hot in Australia she may have decided to skip Sydney because of that, could be a smart move in the end aslong as her AO Draw and result don't turn out to be a catastrophe.

CillyUltra
Jan 7th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Always funny how Sabine drives her fans mad. :lol:

I don't think that it was a fake illness as Sabine obviously was in Sydney and already announced her match. ("Hope to see you out there") She probably wanted to take no risk regarding her AO start and I think it's a good sign that she takes care of her body more than in the past when she wanted to play no matter what at times. The good thing is now that she has more time for adjusting and practicing in Melbourne.

CillyUltra
Jan 8th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Since it's unusual hot in Australia she may have decided to skip Sydney because of that, could be a smart move in the end aslong as her AO Draw and result don't turn out to be a catastrophe.

Nah, Sabine is used to hot temperatures.

Mike81
Jan 8th, 2013, 12:55 AM
It's over 40 degrees celsius here today although it wasn't nearly so extreme the past few days and temps can go extreme in Melbourne too. I'd like to think she wouldn't have skipped for that reason. To be honest I was disappointed with her when I found out she wasn't playing again, it seems Sydney is not very important to her and as I'm a big fan who lives here I felt hurt (still do a bit). Although it is hard to be mad at such a sweet and beautiful girl like Bine :kiss: and when I slept on it I realised I shouldn't blame her for being sick. But I really need to see some results in Melbourne now!

JohnMcP
Jan 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I don't think that it was a fake illness as Sabine obviously was in Sydney and already announced her match. ("Hope to see you out there") She probably wanted to take no risk regarding her AO start and I think it's a good sign that she takes care of her body more than in the past when she wanted to play no matter what at times. The good thing is now that she has more time for adjusting and practicing in Melbourne.

I think it shows a major change from 2012 when she tried to play through so many injuries/illnesses. Better at this point (especially since it's not a grand slam) to play it safe and minimize any illness. I think she was sick all through the month of last February because she tried to play sick during FedCup. I have personal experience with trying to play through viruses and turning them into bacterial infections which are hard to get rid of.

Ziva
Jan 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM

It wasn't a Virus, because that doesn't make sense at all, not even a cold would ;)
Whatever it was or whatever was going on, it came right before the match and was gone pretty quick since she is already in training again.

Nah, Sabine is used to hot temperatures.

Sure but it always affects your condition and drains energy, especially at 40+°C .

rucolo
Jan 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
She is such a fail! :(

Let`s hope Sabine will be 100 % for Aus Open and Fed Cup :sad:

Well, i think we agree that she has enough pull outs for a Tennislifetime already.

Stimmt, und Sabine ist wirklich außergewöhnlich oft krank :o

everythingtaboo
Jan 10th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Only a few days to go now! Fingers crossed for a good draw. I'll be in Melbourne up until the QF so hopefully, like last year, I can see at least a few Sabine matches. Auf geht's, girl.

maturedgirl
Jan 10th, 2013, 10:01 AM

So true!
Germans are not known for their composure :spit:
Conspiracy theories about a virus that was tweeted to go around in Brissy are hilirious. What if she just didn't want to risk anything before the AO !?:p

Good to see her happy on and off court in Melbourne/ she only needs a suitable draw now :)

Ziva
Jan 10th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Conspiracy theories about a virus that was tweeted to go around in Brissy are hilirious. What if she just didn't want to risk anything before the AO !?:p

Conspiracy theories ? haven't seen that.:lol:

Of course she didn't want to risk anything and there was no Virus.
Her pull out was just poorly timed .

Judging from the Happy Bine pics, she seems to be ready for some Action. :bounce:

maturedgirl
Jan 10th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Conspiracy theories ? haven't seen that.:lol:

Where do you have your eyes guy ? :p