GO Maureen Drake:)
make us proud:D

also good luck to Pelltier and Webb
and hopefully Nejedly in qualies
hope to see you guys getting to 2nd round
and pull some upsets k....:)

justinDisco
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Do Canada proud Maureen!!!! I want to see you do what you did in '99 at the OZ open!!!

Scotso
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:25 PM
:bounce: Marie-Eve :bounce:

Randy H
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:09 AM
hope Maureen can have a nice result in the maindraw, hopefully a decent draw to gain some points :)

Vanny and Marie-Eve have both been to final rd. qualies here before, hopefully they can go one step further this time ;)

and go Jana and Sonya, Sonya should get in with her injury protected ranking, and hopefully Jana can make the cut-off aswell. Both have been to the 3rd round before so they know how to win in Melbourne :)

barabanschikova_fan
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Marie-Eve is QUÉBÉCOISE! And you will understand that? Ask to any french speaker here and he will tell you that he is québécois before than canadian.

tennisIlove09
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:54 AM
GO JANA!!
GO MARIE-EVE!!
GO VANESSA!!
GO SONYA!!!

I don't care if Marie-Eve is from Quebec...she is CANADIAN ;)

Randy H
Dec 9th, 2002, 01:07 PM
when it says Marie-Eve Pelletier (QUE) instead of (CAN) on the rankings, or when she decides to stop accepting wildcards into the CANADIAN Open every year because she feels she is not Canadian, then I will stop labelling her as that. You are not Marie-Eve, and you don't know how she feels :)

barabanschikova_fan
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:49 PM
hmmm sorry i know Marie-eve, she lives in front of my dad house.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:28 PM
allez canada!

Randy H
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:10 AM
if you knew how to read you would have noticed i neer said anything about you not knowing her :)

i said you don't know how she feels - but wait, i guess you have many stories of you and marie-eve's long political discussions about how she feels about being called canadian or otherwise, right??

obviously if she didn't want to be known as canadian, she wouldn't play fed cup as a canadian, and she wouldn't accept wildcards to the canadian open, as one of the canadian recipients. :)

Hawk
Dec 14th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Let's go all Canadian girls! :D

Ryan
Dec 14th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Go Maureen, Jana, Sonya, Marie-Eve and Vanessa! Good luck to all the CANADIAN girls! :D:p

Maybe Maureen can take a set off another top player this time. ;)

Havok
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:52 AM
GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moderator edit

barabanschikova_fan
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:37 PM
you see..that's why we want to leave, any more questions? In Canada there is always a place for others minorities from around the world but when a a québécois want something they don't even listen. For those who can read french, read the text after my message.

By the way, have you heard of the québécoise who swim for the canada swimming team (by the way she don't have the choice like marie-eve) ? Only because she jumped on the podium with a small québec flag the coach suggested to put her out of the team because it was not good for the team... but this is okay if a canadian jump on the podium with a saskatchewan flag .... what a country...

barabanschikova_fan
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:44 PM
i forgot, if you have read newspaper during the last roger AT&T cup, you should know that Marie-Eve and Tennis Canada relation is very very bad!

Randy H
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Everyone has a choice. If Marie-Eve doesn't want to represent Canada, no one is forcing her to. If her relations with Tennis Canada are so bad, I guess she should be especially grateful for all the wildcards they have given her to the Canadian Open the last few years now.

Anyway, you are welcome to your own warped opinion, but if you are not Canadian as you say, then stop entering into our threads and posting negative things here. If you have nothing nice to say, you have no reason to be in this thread to begin with so find something better to do with your time.

Scotso
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Marie-Eve is Canadian :D Get over it.

barabanschikova_fan
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:05 PM
hmmm the webmaster of the board is a canadian or what? Where are my last 2 posts? Afraid of the reality?

player2
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:31 AM
I had the pleasure of watching Vanessa Webb play
many of her matches at Duke University. What
a neat gal! She was an absolute delight to watch.
Her style, too, was unique--lefty kick serve
and can really play net. I have followed her efforts
on the pro tour with great interest. I always wish
her well and Canadians, in particular, should be
very proud of this young lady. A real credit to the
game and to her country.