PDA

View Full Version : Stretch marks? Okay or Ney?

JJ all the way
Dec 13th, 2012, 10:59 PM
My best friend recently broke if off with his hot significant other because they had "alot of stretch marks around the abdomen area."

What if you are dating someone with a nice body overall but they have alot of stretch marks? Is that a turn off for you?

Dani12
Dec 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Depends how much I liked them personality wise.

Mikey.
Dec 14th, 2012, 10:21 AM
My best friend recently broke if off with his hot significant other because they had "alot of stretch marks around the abdomen area."

What if you are dating someone with a nice body overall but they have alot of stretch marks? Is that a turn off for you?

That's awful if it's the sole reason. :tears: How shallow.

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Stretchmarks are not pretty but if it's how the OP described then...you need some new friends JJ All The Way :tears:.

stromatolite
Dec 14th, 2012, 12:40 PM
It's not as simple as okay or ney.

It's a bit odd that you don't question the fact that your friend apparently chose his significant other because she was hot, but seem to be shocked that he dropped her because of the stretch marks.

I can't see any big difference between starting a relationship based on appearance and ending a relationship based on the same criterion. Neither is inherently wrong: as long as people are honest about their motives and intentions, they are free to base their mating behaviour on whatever criterion they see fit. It's not surprising that appearance plays a pretty big role in that, after all, we're biologically programmed to be attracted to people who we think look hot.

That said, it's probably not a very good thing to be only interested in how hot your partner looks, it makes for kind of shallow (and probably short) relationships. But that applies just as much to starting as to finishing a relationship. If your friend chose his GF in the first place because he liked her personality, he might not have been so quick to ditch her when he noticed the stretchmarks.

Super Dave
Dec 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Stretch marks from having a kid or from being previously fat?

Eh, either way, pretty superficial.

Cajka
Dec 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Or from growing? :shrug: My bf was never fat or pregnant, but he has barely visible stretch marks on his back.

Super Dave
Dec 14th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Or from growing? :shrug: My bf was never fat or pregnant, but he has barely visible stretch marks on his back.

I haven't heard of that...did he have a big growth spurt at some point?

Cajka
Dec 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I haven't heard of that...did he have a big growth spurt at some point?

yes. Also, girls get stretch marks during puberty. I don't know if there's any girl who doesn't have a bit of stretch marks. So, for those guys who find stretch marks on women repulsive, good luck finding those who don't have any!

Steven.
Dec 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
if its a lot it might be a bit unsightly but that only happens cos u were really big and drop weight really fast

wild.river
Dec 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM
yes. Also, girls get stretch marks during puberty. I don't know if there's any girl who doesn't have a bit of stretch marks. So, for those guys who find stretch marks on women repulsive, good luck finding those who don't have any!

correct. i have stretch marks from puberty, not from having a baby or gaining weight.

miffedmax
Dec 14th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Well, if the stretch marks came with like four or five kids, I can kind of understand. :p

Beat
Dec 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
what kind of "best friend" is it that you have there? :bolt:

JJ all the way
Dec 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Stretchmarks are not pretty but if it's how the OP described then...you need some new friends JJ All The Way :tears:.
I need new friends ..... want to be my new friend?

It's not as simple as okay or ney.

It's a bit odd that you don't question the fact that your friend apparently chose his significant other because she was hot, but seem to be shocked that he dropped her because of the stretch marks.

I can't see any big difference between starting a relationship based on appearance and ending a relationship based on the same criterion. Neither is inherently wrong: as long as people are honest about their motives and intentions, they are free to base their mating behaviour on whatever criterion they see fit. It's not surprising that appearance plays a pretty big role in that, after all, we're biologically programmed to be attracted to people who we think look hot.

That said, it's probably not a very good thing to be only interested in how hot your partner looks, it makes for kind of shallow (and probably short) relationships. But that applies just as much to starting as to finishing a relationship. If your friend chose his GF in the first place because he liked her personality, he might not have been so quick to ditch her when he noticed the stretchmarks.
Never thought of it like that, good point.

He was interested in her initially because she is a beautiful girl and has a pretty nice personality. I think her body scars were alot because she used to be fat and lost alot of weight. For him, he was disappointed that her body did not match her face......

Eh, either way, pretty superficial. she was overweight and lost alot of weight

Well, if the stretch marks came with like four or five kids, I can kind of understand. :p
Nope, weight loss. I think his reason for breaking up with her besides that he was disappointed in her body compared to her face was that it showed that she is not conscious about her body and health. I think thats kind of BS reasoning.......

and it sucks cuz i think she is so cute but i cant date her because she is his "ex"

what kind of "best friend" is it that you have there? :bolt:

Haha we were friends since we were kids, its those kind of relationships based on time rather than fundamental similarities. haha but we are close, I am like his consciousness cuz he has none lol. and he makes a good wing man hahaha

Mistress of Evil
Dec 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM

There is other ways of getting them. A friend of mine was super skinny, then he decided to become a muscular animal and in the process of bulking up he did get loads of them especially across the arms. The skin could not cope with the rapid change in his case.

Personally, I have the weirdest patch of stretch marks in the center of my back. :sobbing: and some on my butt which are a reminder of being a fat bitch back in middle school. :crying2:

Steven.
Dec 14th, 2012, 08:42 PM
There is other ways of getting them. A friend of mine was super skinny, then he decided to become a muscular animal and in the process of bulking up he did get loads of them especially across the arms. The skin could not cope with the rapid change in his case.

Personally, I have the weirdest patch of stretch marks in the center of my back. :sobbing: and some on my butt which are a reminder of being a fat bitch back in middle school. :crying2:

:hug:

stretch marks fade over time tho don't they?

I have a couple of stretch marks in my inner thigh but they arent a big deal plus its not like theyre visible so its all good. actually i haven't even bothered checking it out in so long but looking at them now i can't even see them so i guess they do fade overtime?

borrowedheaven
Dec 14th, 2012, 10:31 PM

Exact same places :lol: But I have never had any overweight or anything. It's just from growing and they're fading.

Anyway, your friend seems pretty shallow.

Cajka
Dec 14th, 2012, 10:49 PM
:hug:
stretch marks fade over time tho don't they?

They fade, but they don't disappear, they look like tiny scars, tanning makes them more noticeable (because those marks won't tan), but I think that tanning spray helps to cover those parts.

Rocketta
Dec 15th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I've yet to meet someone who has a choice in stretch marks??? :confused:

I've seen plenty of skinny people with them and no they were not formally large. That's like dropping a girlfriend because you find out she has cellulite which almost all women have or will get.

Also, your friend sounds a little nuts in that seems to me the majority of time spent with said woman is when she is clothed and even during sex if she's wearing a teddy or something why is he so focused on one part of her body.

Sounds like someone who avoids dressing in gyms to be reminded of his own flaws..... :o :o :o

Rocketta
Dec 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Oh and on black people stretch marks really don't fade from anything I've seen. It's a product of living life, hopefully your friend will spend his life as an extremely rich man or he's going quite surprised when he keeps running into stretch marks. :tape: