PDA

View Full Version : Music Lovers: Which do you like watching more Music Docos or concerts?

Invisible Fan
Dec 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM
When an artist/band reaches a certain level they have concerts shown on tv/Dvds and documentaries made about them. Off the top of my head I can recall seeing Docos and concerts from Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, 2pac, Nelly Furtado and The Rolling Stones (and probably countless other 60s bands).

Personally I like watching the music docos. Call me weird but I get more out of a well made doco with people discusssing the music and artists personal lives than watching concerts :o

Which do you prefer?

saint2
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Concerts. Instead of documentaries, I prefer to read books. I love to read and I try to read every possible book about my favourite band/musician. I've read like 6 ACDC books, 5 KISS, 4 Guns N Roses, 4 Aerosmith, 4 Van Halen...etc

Super Dave
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I get more out of a well made doco with people discusssing the music and artists personal lives than watching concerts :o

This. I like to see the day-to-day, behind the scenes stuff.

Invisible Fan
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I was a bit worried I'd be the only one voting documentaries :)

Super Dave
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I was a bit worried I'd be the only one voting documentaries :)

Concerts are pretty boring for me to watch on TV.

Invisible Fan
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I also prefer watching music videos and music biopics come to think of it

deadparrot
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I love the Classic Albums documentary series so I voted for Music Docos. Concerts should be seen live in person, not on DVD.

Vartan
Dec 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Concerts for sure.

Barktra
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I love the doco before the concert :oh: so both equally

KarlyM*
Dec 13th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I like both, but I prefer concerts. To me, well made documentaries are great after a musician's career has reached a certain length or enough time has passed since a musician's album/tour. You need the historical view after time has passed to appreciate the subject. ;) It seems like everyone who has been famous for 5 minutes has a documentary, which is ridiculous. :lol: To me, concerts are good anytime - whether it's live or on DVD 50 years later. I've never complained about seeing too many concerts from a musician. Concerts are what musicians are all about - performing their craft for people and putting on a show. ;)