PDA

View Full Version : Unranked: Vera Zvonareva

danieln1
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I didnt realize she fell this low in the rankings :eek:

Former #2 to.this?

Injuries played the biggest part on this I guess... Hopefully she can recover I like to pick her on Top Spin 4 :secret:

SilverSlam
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
:spit: Not really thread worthy. Like Petkovic and a few others she's just been injured all year. Looks healthy and says she's training hard and injury free now, so she'll return to the top 20/10 next year :yeah:

Stonerpova
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Zvonareva's come back from injury and gotten back to the top 10 like three times now. I don't see why she couldn't do it again.

RenaSlam.
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Order has been restored.

MercuriePL
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Well. To be a FAN FAVOURITE's pray was too much for her. I like her but next asswhooping from a New Tennis Queen is scheduled probably for Auckland...

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1843/radwatytul3.png

dsanders06
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Zvonareva's come back from injury and gotten back to the top 10 like three times now. I don't see why she couldn't do it again.

Because she's older and more burnt out :shrug:

Plus, this might just be my Sharapova-stan experience talking, but I'm not convinced that it's possible that a shoulder injury that was causing Vera so much grief for over a year could (or will ever) heal completely without surgery.

Sammo
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM
It's not like she's been trying

GoofyDuck
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I didnt realize she fell this low in the rankings :eek:

Former #2 to.this?

Injuries played the biggest part on this I guess... Hopefully she can recover I like to pick her on Top Spin 4 :secret:

You guess? I don't know what else.

iHeartTroyBolton
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hope to see her back at the top. Have loved her through tantrums and all.

Lucyxx
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I'm not saying T10, but judging from her comments in Russian on wtatour.ru she seems motivated all in all. Should be top 32 for USO. From there she can focus on bigger things.

edificio
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
She will come back. Maybe not to the top 5 but certainly the top 15.

Ana'sProcess
Dec 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM
One of the comeback girls I count on in 2013

A Ivanovic
N Petrova
P Kvitova
V Williams
C Wozniacki
S Kuznetsova
V Zvonareva

alex.2812
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM
She always came back stronger but it always took her a while. Expect her to struggle badly in hte first few months of her comeback.

Stevecw
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Free from injury next year hopefully she can get back to top 15....won't have many of this years pts of defend anyway which shud help a lot.

wildemu
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:03 PM
she will retire and become the next czar

The Dawntreader
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I kind of think she's done.

Vincey!
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I don't necessarily see her in the top 10 again but I think if she stays injury free she can easily come back in the top 15

StoneRose
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Zvonareva's come back from injury and gotten back to the top 10 like three times now. I don't see why she couldn't do it again.I hope so, she's a great player.

Manitou
Dec 5th, 2012, 12:10 AM
she will retire and become the next czar

Kick Putin down?

--

Pops Maellard
Dec 5th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Vera :tears:. Hope she rebounds in '13 :rocker2:.

pav
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I have sadly heard she is thinking of retiring and settling down with her most faithful and unbiased supporter-Renaslam:fiery:

nfl46
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Wow...

coolfish1103
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:18 AM

A Ivanovic
N Petrova
P Kvitova
V Williams
C Wozniacki
S Kuznetsova
V Zvonareva

Why does the first five girls need comebacks? Woz is already in the Top 10. Zvonareva can still get in Top 20 relatively easy if the injury goes away and her techs aren't gone (or movement does not fail).

The Witch-king
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:47 AM
That world #2 shit is more shocking to me

Beat
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM

A Ivanovic
N Petrova
P Kvitova
V Williams
C Wozniacki
S Kuznetsova
V Zvonareva

4 of your comeback girls for 2013 are currently in the top 20 :facepalm:

BepaMaria
Dec 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I really don't understand why people are gloating about this and criticizing her for having reaches world #2. If anything, Zvonareva's absence on the tour is a loss for tennis. As all of you have seen, 2012 was a boring year with Williams and Azarenka dominating all the tournaments. The tour needs Zvonareva as she adds a whole new dimension to tennis and along with Maria, can certainly challenge these two players and produce more competitive tennis. It is unfortunate that Zvonareva has been sidelined with injury, otherwise she would never drop this low. Order will be restored when she returns and wins the calendar slam next year.

dencod16
Dec 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
considering half her points are zero-pointers i see her in the top 15 at the very least by the end of next year. SHe only has to defend in what 6 tournaments, that is not that difficult for her...

dsanders06
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Free from injury next year hopefully she can get back to top 15....won't have many of this years pts of defend anyway which shud help a lot.

considering half her points are zero-pointers i see her in the top 15 at the very least by the end of next year. SHe only has to defend in what 6 tournaments, that is not that difficult for her...

*grinds teeth*

I am determined to nail this nonsensical "defending points" shit if it's the last thing I do on this forum :lol:

Roookie
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Expected.

GoofyDuck
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I really don't understand why people are gloating about this and criticizing her for having reaches world #2. If anything, Zvonareva's absence on the tour is a loss for tennis. As all of you have seen, 2012 was a boring year with Williams and Azarenka dominating all the tournaments. The tour needs Zvonareva as she adds a whole new dimension to tennis and along with Maria, can certainly challenge these two players and produce more competitive tennis. It is unfortunate that Zvonareva has been sidelined with injury, otherwise she would never drop this low. Order will be restored when she returns and wins the calendar slam next year.

Preach

coolfish1103
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I really don't understand why people are gloating about this and criticizing her for having reaches world #2. If anything, Zvonareva's absence on the tour is a loss for tennis. As all of you have seen, 2012 was a boring year with Williams and Azarenka dominating all the tournaments. The tour needs Zvonareva as she adds a whole new dimension to tennis and along with Maria, can certainly challenge these two players and produce more competitive tennis. It is unfortunate that Zvonareva has been sidelined with injury, otherwise she would never drop this low. Order will be restored when she returns and wins the calendar slam in doubles next year.

Fixed :oh:

BuTtErFrEnA
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:11 PM

cause she's a washed up dinosaur

SilverSlam
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM

I thought this post was perfect until the calendar slam bit :sobbing:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

backhandsmash
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Order will be restored when she returns and wins the calendar slam next year.

:worship::worship:

I would not have expected anything less from you.

Patrick345
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Because she's older and more burnt out :shrug:

Plus, this might just be my Sharapova-stan experience talking, but I'm not convinced that it's possible that a shoulder injury that was causing Vera so much grief for over a year could (or will ever) heal completely without surgery.

Unfortunately this. She has given that shoulder plenty of rest last year (only 20 matches) and still looked like shit whenever she stepped onto the court. Safina was also fine, when she rested and practiced, but then it took her all of six matches until she had to retire against Kirilenko at teh Australian Open again, took another three months off, and still nothing had changed. The question is, whether Zvonareva would consider surgery at her age or just walk away. Rafter walked away at a similar age, Haas came back.

C. Drone
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM

Thats the story of her whole career. How many lives does she have left?

danieln1
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM
:worship::worship:

I would not have expected anything less from you.

Best post of the thread by him :oh:

Ziva
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Bepa will bounce back and finally win a Slam !!!

Monzanator
Dec 6th, 2012, 11:02 PM
And people said Clijsters didn't vulture Slams when beating this mug in the finals :lol: Zvonareva has overachieved with her peak ranking even more than Wozniacki and that's quite something.

pav
Dec 6th, 2012, 11:08 PM
And people said Clijsters didn't vulture Slams when beating this mug in the finals :lol: Zvonareva has overachieved with her peak ranking even more than Wozniacki and that's quite something.
Do you really believe the pathetic shit you write?

Monzanator
Dec 6th, 2012, 11:13 PM
The funny thing is, I actually like Zvonareva more than most of other Russian players. And the pathetic shit would only apply when I'd have said that Zvonareva is better than Mandlikova because she was ranked higher at her peak :lol: Chill out, will you? ;)

Alizé Molik
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Zvonareva will be back. She has the motivation and is still working hard. Her game isn't like Sharapova or Safina where she is putting a lot of stress on her shoulder by hitting with heaps of pace. I'm expecting her to be top 30 again next year but as other people said it takes her a lot of time to come back. in 05/6/7 there were a lot of ups and downs before she started playing really well.

danieln1
Dec 7th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Next match exhibition against Ivanovic, let's see how it goes

But on the event banner she's listed WTA #9... :oh:

traralgon
Dec 25th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I miss her a lot, she is so talented.

Gaby Gasparyan
Dec 25th, 2012, 02:04 PM
One time I really enjoyed watching her play but, now these past few years I get uncomfortable when she goes into meltdown

I always feel like I never got to see the REAL Vera, sadly

heavyhorse
Dec 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Oh nah nah, ma/
Your time is done.

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
#148 now.

When is she back? and where is BepaMaria?:oh:

caroalltheway
Mar 10th, 2013, 05:38 AM
She done.

SilverSlam
Mar 10th, 2013, 08:07 AM
:spit: she had shoulder surgery. I cannot with you people.
She'll be back around Wimbledon or just after.

danieln1
Mar 10th, 2013, 03:32 PM
#148 now.

Then I will have to update the title :oh:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
someone should make a thread
Davenport #unranked :oh:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 10th, 2013, 03:40 PM
or Henin #retired and unranked# :oh:

Exordes
Mar 10th, 2013, 03:44 PM
#148 now.

http://abiertomonterrey.com/2013/en/jugadoras/jugadoras-confirmadas/
Monterrey 2013 Players list: Victoria Azarenka, Maria Kirilenko, Vera Zvonareva, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Marion Bartoli and Timea Babos.

If we can rely on that list, she should be back in early April 2013...

Pops Maellard
Mar 11th, 2013, 01:24 AM
http://abiertomonterrey.com/2013/en/jugadoras/jugadoras-confirmadas/
Monterrey 2013 Players list: Victoria Azarenka, Maria Kirilenko, Vera Zvonareva, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Marion Bartoli and Timea Babos.

If we can rely on that list, she should be back in early April 2013...
IIRC Maria was on a bunch of entry lists before withdrawing also. She won't be back that soon :spit:.

Anyway I hope she can get some good results when she returns. Obviously her days as #2 in the world are behind her but that doesn't mean she's totally over :).

colemohrlee
Mar 11th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Hope to see her back

danieln1
Mar 11th, 2013, 03:00 AM

Davenport with her three babies is not worth in this conversation :lol:

Wiggly
Mar 11th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Vera is most likely done.

The top players are much stronger than during her "peak" years and she won't get any wildcard as she couldn't draw any crowd when she as ranked #2 in the world. I don't see her playing qualies in Bastad to get her career back on track.

Brad[le]y.
Mar 11th, 2013, 03:05 AM

Davenport, 3 slams :shrug:

cowsonice
Mar 11th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Can't Vera get a PR?

I miss her so much. :sad:

Wiggly
Mar 28th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Vera is reportedly pursuing her studies while she recovers.
She doesn't expect this comeback this year.

Vladas Lasitskas ‏@VladasLasitskas 27 Mars
Vera Zvonareva: It could be one year of recovery / Вера Звонарева: "Реабилитация в моем случае занимает около года"
http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/29925/

Tough blow for her.
She's a smart woman so I don't see her getting back into the daily grind of the WTA if she finishes her degree.

jameshazza
Mar 28th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Smart decision for her not to play this year.
Maria really shouldn't have played anything in 09 IMO, maybe a couple at the end of the year. She came back without a serve and when it was still painful on her shoulder to play. Vera would be wise to have her game built back up before coming back, and it's no guarantee that she will be able to do that.

Wish her all the best.

wildemu
Mar 28th, 2013, 02:37 AM
she's done.

mauresmofan
Mar 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Best of luck with her studies - hopefully her injury heals and she can play and practise pain free when she hits the courts again. Miss those eyes!

GoofyDuck
Mar 28th, 2013, 09:54 AM
:sad:

studying sucks, I know it. Hope to see you on WTA tour next year... :awww:

lenas warriors
Mar 28th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Fingers crossed for Vera.

She may come back and have a great year with a fully rested body (shes done it before!)- or at least stop losing to Aga!

Mynarco
Mar 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM
She is smart - she's already doing things that benefit her after she retires.

dsanders06
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Smart decision for her not to play this year.
Maria really shouldn't have played anything in 09 IMO, maybe a couple at the end of the year. She came back without a serve and when it was still painful on her shoulder to play. Vera would be wise to have her game built back up before coming back, and it's no guarantee that she will be able to do that.

Wish her all the best.

This. From what I've read, the official advice for someone who's had shoulder surgery is to not even start practising regularly until a year after the surgery. I've definitely thought for a long time that Maria made her comeback to top form more difficult than it could've been by rushing back to a full schedule so (relatively) quickly.

I don't see Vera ever coming close to the Top 10 again, but who knows, if she really loves the sport then maybe she'd be content with something on the level of Venus's current results. Something like that might be possible if her recovery goes really well.

She is smart - she's already doing things that benefit her after she retires.

Also this - compared to most of the WTA girls, Vera definitely has a lot of options to pursue after tennis.

backhandsmash
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM
The commentator in the JJ match just mentioned July as the comeback-date. I think. Not sure.

Phenomareva
Mar 28th, 2013, 09:22 PM
The commentator in the JJ match just mentioned July as the comeback-date. I think. Not sure.

He did say that, yes. But just wait and see, she had surgery in February, it's end of March now. Too early I think to say when she comes back. And even if she comes back that early, don't expect much after a year absence in the beginning.

jameshazza
Mar 30th, 2013, 12:50 AM
He did say that, yes. But just wait and see, she had surgery in February, it's end of March now. Too early I think to say when she comes back. And even if she comes back that early, don't expect much after a year absence in the beginning.

That would be even sooner than Maria's questionable comeback date, I think it's safe to say this July comeback is false info. If it isn't then.....

danieln1
Mar 30th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Everytime I update this thread her ranking goes down :sobbing:

Laura_VeeFan
Mar 30th, 2013, 01:15 AM
:tape:

Wasn't she top 10 a year ago? :tape:

mckyle.
Mar 30th, 2013, 03:21 AM
:tape:

Wasn't she top 10 a year ago? :tape:

Why the :tape:? She's been injured.

goldenlox
Mar 30th, 2013, 03:30 AM
I heard July too, but it depends on her recovery

13-02-2013*

Hi my dear friends, fans and supporters!
I know it had been a long time since I last gave you an update on my return to competition but I was waiting for a moment to be certain about it. I would like to inform you that yesterday I underwent a surgery on my shoulder. As you know, I have been away from competition since Olympics and also had to miss a part of the beginning of the season last year. I took my time to rehab and have done everything that was possible to avoid a surgery but at this point it felt like it was the best solution. So now I will do everything that is possible to get back to competition again as soon as possible but it could still take few months to be able to compete at highest level. You, guys, my fans, are keeping me motivated to achieve a goal of getting back to 100% and become even better. I miss you a lot and hope to see you soon!

Hugs, Vera.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 30th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Everytime I update this thread her ranking goes down :sobbing:

Hardly rocket isn't it
You don't play it's gonna go down sane with if you are retired & don't remove yourself from ranks :cuckoo:

Some people are just thick as 2 planks

SilverSlam
Apr 1st, 2013, 08:58 AM
Well when she says I'll be back on the court in July I think she means practise court, she said she wanted to be playing again by Wimbledon, but I think a lot of people mistook that or playing on the tour, rather than just playing tennis at all.

Regardless can't wait for her to come back and prove sooo many of you wrong :)

caroalltheway
Apr 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
I want her to become relevant again, just so Bepamaria posts more.

dencod16
Apr 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
I believe she can be top 10 again, so was if Safina chose to comeback, they have games and consistency to be there. Vera is like a 80% Clijsters.
Well when she says I'll be back on the court in July I think she means practise court, she said she wanted to be playing again by Wimbledon, but I think a lot of people mistook that or playing on the tour, rather than just playing tennis at all.

Regardless can't wait for her to come back and prove sooo many of you wrong :)

The aim is comeback and play in July.

danieln1
Apr 1st, 2013, 01:08 PM
I want her to become relevant again, just so Bepamaria posts more.

Those "How many games will x player win in her loss against Zvonereva" were epic, especially the Muguruza one in Miami 2012 :haha:

I miss him :oh:

Rex59
Apr 1st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Nice website:

http://www.zvonareva.ru/main.php?lang=en

Shadowcat
Apr 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
:speakles: :speakles: :speakles:

My Vera :bigcry:

:hug:

danieln1
Nov 3rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
She didnt play this year :eek:

Ollie.
Nov 3rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Hoping she makes it back in Shenzhen. :)

goldenlox
Nov 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM
She didnt play this year :eek:Rushing back when her body isnt ready is not the answer.
Plus she loves education and she used this time for her post-graduate work.

BAD_MOUTH
Nov 3rd, 2013, 11:51 PM
Is she back?great,i miss those tears.

dencod16
Nov 4th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Is she back?great,i miss those tears.

She signed up for Shenzhen.

Sammo
Nov 4th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Well she hasn't played since the Olympics last year :shrug:

Farmscruff
Nov 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
MY all time fave. Hope she can make it back!

Pops Maellard
Nov 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM
How well her comeback will go is completely shrouded in mystery. Can't wait for her return :).

heavyhorse
Nov 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Hopefully her comeback will be a success.

duhcity
Nov 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Rushing back when her body isnt ready is not the answer.
Plus she loves education and she used this time for her post-graduate work.

Didn't she screw up a significant part of her year a few years ago after she played on an ankle injury?
Good thing she's learned