PDA

View Full Version : Indian Couple in Norway jailed

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
http://in.news.yahoo.com/indian-couple-in-norway-jailed-for-child-abuse-103256614.html

i don't think i have seen anything more retarded than this in the recent times.......norway govt jailed an indian couple for 18 months under "child abuse"......all the couple did was scold and beat their kids a little, which is quite normal in the sub continent......

the pathetic double standard here from the norway govt is that they refused a plea from the couple to sponsor their child's hyper activity disorder treatment citing that they are indians, not even PR and hence are not eligible for the norway govt help......

then how can the same morons jail non-norway citizens for an act which doesn't even involve their citizens?

shame on those fucking retarded double standard morons......and also shame on the indian govt for not helping the couple get out of the trouble......

Gilas.
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Here's a more detailed article. (http://www.theweekendleader.com/Headlines/170/indian-couple-jailed-in-norway-for-child-abuse,-family-shocked-.html)

Apparently the parents burned the boy with hot spoons and threatened to burn his tongue. I don't know if this is normal in your country so I will not comment on that. At the end of the day though, any expatriate should be aware of the existing laws if any country they are visiting. Certainly not the case here.

Gagsquet
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:03 PM
burning with hot spoons :eek: Crazy people. They should be glad there is not death penalty anymore out there.

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Here's a more detailed article. (http://www.theweekendleader.com/Headlines/170/indian-couple-jailed-in-norway-for-child-abuse,-family-shocked-.html)

Apparently the parents burned the boy with hot spoons and threatened to burn his tongue. I don't know if this is normal in your country so I will not comment on that. At the end of the day though, any expatriate should be aware of the existing laws if any country they are visiting. Certainly not the case here.

talk of things blown out of proportion......burning with spoons may seem a big issue only to chicken hearts, it's a normal threat given to indian kids(boys) when their misbehavior exceeds the limit......just ask anybody from india here......

anyway we are talking of the pathetic double standards and lame attention seeking act from the norway govt......who the hell are they to separate the kids from their parents......the kids are already homesick and worried of their parents......existing laws my arse......

ToopsTame
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM
LOL, you think burning with hot spoons is normal anywhere in the world?

Do you also seriously think that non-citizens don't have to follow the laws in a country?

Are you 12?

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
burning with hot spoons :eek: Crazy people. They should be glad there is not death penalty anymore out there.

stop overreacting when you know nothing......we don't know if that incident really happened and even if it happened, it's a thing which should be left for the indian government to deal with as there is no involvement of any norway citizens......

norway are in no position to jail them and threaten the family of separating the kids from them......

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
LOL, you think burning with hot spoons is normal anywhere in the world?

Do you also seriously think that non-citizens don't have to follow the laws in a country?

Are you 12?

can you read?

Gagsquet
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
stop overreacting when you know nothing......we don't know if that incident really happened and even if it happened

You assume we can't judge because we don't know what happened.
Hence, this thread is useless because we don't know if these parents are evil or not.

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
You assume we can't judge because we don't know what happened.
Hence, this thread is useless because we don't know if these parents are evil or not.

wrong......i am just conveying a message that it's a cultural issue and should be left for the respective country to deal with......they have no bloody business poking their nose in this.....

their intervention should never have happened and if they had any concern, they should report them to the indian govt and pack them back home, they have no fucking right to take it into their own hands and mess it up......

Sammo
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Dude WTF is wrong with you? It might be normal in India but not in good countries like Norway, you don't have to justify crazy stuff like burning kids with hot spoons because it's what you do in the country you were born in. In the country I was born in they do this

http://animal-lib.org.au/images/stories/news/2009/bull_burning_horns.jpg

And I think it's utterly disgusting, they can stick their 'traditions' up their f*cking ass

I think that justifying barbarities like beating women in Arabic countries or making people believe that they are miserable and pathetic because of being born as an 'Untouchable' is pathetic, traditions are only good when they aren't against human rights.

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
nothing's wrong with me......what's wrong is all this overreaction from chicken hearts knowing nothing about the backgrounds......the pathetic double standards are there to see anyway......

secondly, why don't you read properly? nobody is saying that burning with spoons is common in india, only the threats are common......

honestly if you believe an odd incident here and there of that kind with kids is as pathetic as some of the atrocities you mentioned in the post above, i can only laugh and leave it at that......

and lastly, you are in no position to say which country is good and which is bad......it's just an attention seeking act from norway and nothing else......they will pay for this......

wild.river
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
wrong......i am just conveying a message that it's a cultural issue and should be left for the respective country to deal with......they have no bloody business poking their nose in this.....

their intervention should never have happened and if they had any concern, they should report them to the indian govt and pack them back home, they have no fucking right to take it into their own hands and mess it up......

issues stop being cultural when the safety of a child is involved.

they have every right to take into their own hands if the crime happened in their country.

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
issues stop being cultural when the safety of a child is involved.

they have every right to take into their own hands if the crime happened in their country.

there are bloody nobody to decide whether the child is safe with them or with the parents......if they have such a huge pain in the arse because of this incident, they should have just brought it to the notice of indian government, pack them back home and leave it to india to decide......

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
all this reminds me of the same old fucking nonsensical cliche of the west "sympathizing" on the east......all these showboats will pay in the near future for their obsession for superiority......

stuck in recession, why not better take care of their own arses before bothering about others' arses......

edificio
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
http://in.news.yahoo.com/indian-couple-in-norway-jailed-for-child-abuse-103256614.html

i don't think i have seen anything more retarded than this in the recent times.......norway govt jailed an indian couple for 18 months under "child abuse"......all the couple did was scold and beat their kids a little, which is quite normal in the sub continent......

the pathetic double standard here from the norway govt is that they refused a plea from the couple to sponsor their child's hyper activity disorder treatment citing that they are indians, not even PR and hence are not eligible for the norway govt help......

then how can the same morons jail non-norway citizens for an act which doesn't even involve their citizens?

shame on those fucking retarded double standard morons......and also shame on the indian govt for not helping the couple get out of the trouble......

You see, there is your problem. You don't think "beating" your child "a little" is bad.

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:51 PM
You see, there is your problem. You don't think "beating" your child "a little" is bad.

correct......pampering the misbehaving child, allowing him to live separately when he's barely even 13 or 14 and proving to be a cause for his/her irregular and unsystematic life style is the right way to raise kids......

:yeah:

wild.river
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
there are bloody nobody to decide whether the child is safe with them or with the parents......if they have such a huge pain in the arse because of this incident, they should have just brought it to the notice of indian government, pack them back home and leave it to india to decide......

a child is a child is a child, whether indian or norwegian or chilean or ethiopian. if he has burn marks on his legs, they absolutely can decide that he isn't safe with his parents.

what part of punishment in the country of the crime is unclear to you? an 18 yr old canadian can't drink in the US because he happens to be of another country. and even if that weren't the case, we all know how the indian bureaucracy loves expediting official matters.

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
a child is a child is a child, whether indian or norwegian or chilean or ethiopian. if he has burn marks on his legs, they absolutely can decide that he isn't safe with his parents.

what part of punishment in the country of the crime is unclear to you? an 18 yr old canadian can't drink in the US because he happens to be of another country. and even if that weren't the case, we all know how the indian bureaucracy loves expediting official matters.

when did i deny that?

all i said was that they are ignorant dipshits when it comes to indian ways of raising kids and hence are in no position to take a decision......it's like a blind, one legged man refereeing a football match......

and who the fuck are they to take a call on non-citizens when no local citizen was harmed......they can clearly hand over the family to the indian govt (who are in a far better position to asses the situation) and let them handle it......

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 06:32 PM

the number of fucks i give about their laws = zero......because in this case no norweigan was harmed, so it should be left to the concerned govt......

no country should exhibit any kind of moronic judgment over non-citizens unless their people were harmed due to activities of non citizens.......

speaking of US laws, their laws are the last thing this world needs (just my opinion)......carrying guns in pockets and walking on streets.....yeah, such great law that one......ignoring such laws and overreacting over the so called "threats" of hot spoon burns...... :happy:

Williamsser
Dec 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM
speaking of US laws, their laws are the last thing this world needs (just my opinion)......carrying guns in pockets and walking on streets.....yeah, such great law that one......ignoring such laws and overreacting over the so called "threats" of hot spoon burns...... :happy:

Then why do millions of Indians want to emigrate to the US?

wild.river
Dec 4th, 2012, 07:04 PM

the number of fucks i give about their laws = zero......because in this case no norweigan was harmed, so it should be left to the concerned govt......

no country should exhibit any kind of moronic judgment over non-citizens unless their people were harmed due to activities of non citizens.......

if you feel you're above norwegian and american laws as an indian, stay the fuck out of norway and the US :wavey: you won't be missed.

cellophane
Dec 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Start Da Game :facepalm:

wild.river
Dec 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
the punishment was way too harsh by indian standards :shrug: but citizenship is irrelevant. if this was too harsh by norwegian standards as well, then it's a problem. otherwise, follow the law of the country you're in or don't go there! pretty simple.

Start da Game
Dec 4th, 2012, 07:46 PM
i answered with logic, you returned with stupidity......

wild.river
Dec 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM
i answered with logic, you returned with stupidity......

:weirdo: giving zero fucks about the laws of the country you're in is logical.
goodbye, half-wit :sobbing: my last post in this topic.

Kon.
Dec 4th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Who cares about India's cultural upbringing when a kid's health is in danger.

all i said was that they are ignorant dipshits when it comes to indian ways of raising kids and hence are in no position to take a decision......it's like a blind, one legged man refereeing a football match......
Like, why? Just because something is common in India it is also right?
A kid being harmed is a kid being harmed and it doesn't change according to their nationality or the country where it happened.

Gagsquet
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Start Da Fail positioning himself for next TWAT.

Soliloque
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:18 PM

Is this serious ?

Helen Lawson
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Burning a child with cigarettes is torture, the jail sentence was not long enough, the criminals are very lucky.

tennisbum79
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM

start_Da_Game omitted this very imortant part.

tennisbum79
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:40 PM

Thye should have stayed in the subcontinent where that sort of thing is normal.

You conveniently left out the most egroigious part in your summary. Burning the child.
I am skeptical that this kind of practice is normal in India.
The goverment might not enforce the law on offenders for whatever reason, but I doubt this is nornmal.
In fact, it should not be normal in any country.

Maybe some other poster, familiar with the "sub-continent" can more to the conversation.

tennisbum79
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:43 PM
if you feel you're above norwegian and american laws as an indian, stay the fuck out of norway and the US :wavey: you won't be missed.
I think Start_Da_Game is making this up.
Burning a child cannot be "normal" in any country.

Gagsquet
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:10 PM
In soviet India, Start da game burns your children.
a cigarette for a small mistake
Steam irons for big ones.

wild.river
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:48 PM

you're right.
my mom (indian) used to beat me and my siblings when our brattiness got out of hand :p though my dad (european) never did.
beating is pretty normal. burning definitely isn't :unsure:

Start da Game
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Who cares about India's cultural upbringing when a kid's health is in danger.

Like, why? Just because something is common in India it is also right?
A kid being harmed is a kid being harmed and it doesn't change according to their nationality or the country where it happened.

when did i disagree with that?

Start da Game
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:17 AM
you're right.
my mom (indian) used to beat me and my siblings when our brattiness got out of hand :p though my dad (european) never did.
beating is pretty normal. burning definitely isn't :unsure:

read again......i never said burning with spoons is normal, i said such threats are normal in india......agreed that the incident was a bit ott but it's not as drastic as underage high school sex at 12 or 13...... :yeah:

Vartan
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:22 AM
:rolleyes: really...

Start da Game
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:23 AM
the bottomline is that those morons are in no position to judge this incident because they are alien to indian upbringing and hence should leave this to the indian embassy......

now what part of that is so difficult to understand? how about stop overreacting and just read once what i am suggesting should happen, which is nothing but leave it to the better judges the indian govt......

Vartan
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:25 AM
No. How about follow the Norwegian laws or stay in India?

Start da Game
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Is this serious ?

yes, 100% serious......what's your problem?

Vartan
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:27 AM
In soviet India, Start da Game burns your children.
A cigarette for a small mistake, steam irons for big ones.

:lol:

Start da Game
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:33 AM
No. How about follow the Norwegian laws or stay in India?

smooching and fucking in public is a crime in indian law, if we followed the law just as strictly with foreign tourists, the jails in goa and few other destinations would be full with westerners......

laws must be for local citizens, not for temporary residents unless they cause damage to local citizens......

if they were at least PR, then you have a point.....it is their "family" affair which is none of those clowns' business......the same clowns rejected a plea for financial help......disgusting double standards and nothing else......

norway will pay heavily for all this......

Vartan
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:50 AM
The boy couldn't protect himself from his parents, that's why there are child protection laws in every developed country. Smooching doesn't hurt anyone, if you don't like it, you can simply walk away. Burning a child with a spoon hurts him and he can't simply walk away.

Start da Game
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:07 AM
^^ same shit, different poster......for the zillionth time, if they thought the boy was unsafe, their job is to hand them to people who know then better, NOT TAKE THE MATTER INTO THEIR HANDS being ignorant dipshits about foreign cultures......

fucking in public doesn't harm anyone? what if a 10 year old kid sees that and it spoils his brain?

Vartan
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:14 AM
:spit: I am done.

Start da Game
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:42 AM
yeah you are done because you have no answer like everyone else in this thread......

we can imagine how all the west would be fuming at us if it were a western couple jailed in india......whoever defend this moronic attention seeking garbage from norway are just shameless hypocrites......

Expat
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:35 AM
I was born in India and still have an Indian passport. If you can't follow another countries laws stay the fuck out. I have never heard of burning your child being normal in India , spanking is common in India though.

Indian media does not agree with Start da Game.
From the Hindustan Times

It may seem callous to many, but the Indian government has learnt from past mistakes and has refused to make the case of the alleged abuse of an Indian child at the hands of his parents in Norway an official matter. The Indian couple has been convicted by a Norwegian court of abusing their seven-year-old child who, it seems, suffers from attention deficiency and hyperactive disorder. The child had apparently complained to his school teachers that he had been scolded by his parents and threatened to be sent back to India. On further investigation the Norwegian authorities found that he had burn scars and had been hit several times with a belt.

Many have expressed the opinion that this is a question of the Norwegians not understanding Indian culture where parents are strict with their children. This is not a question of being strict, this is a case of child abuse. No culture accepts violence against a defenceless child and clearly the Norwegians have found enough evidence to convict the couple. In an earlier case, involving two children of the Bhattacharya couple, the Indian authorities took up the issue of the Norwegian child welfare service taking the children away from the parents on charges, among other things, of emotional disconnect. This became something of a cause célèbre in India with many experts wading in to accuse the Norwegians of racism and cultural intolerance. As in the case of the convicted couple, one of the Bhattacharya children, too, had severe psychological problems. It is downright foolish to imagine that the Norwegian authorities are targeting Indians in particular. Norway is home to many immigrant communities and the authorities there don't stand to gain anything by making unfounded allegations against Indian parents. However, it is quite clear that the laws regarding the care of children and child abuse are considerable stronger than in India and are strictly implemented. The parents in question are well educated and they cannot have been unaware of the laws of the country they are living in. Cultural differences cannot be an excuse to flout the law.

While it is true that the children will suffer some trauma from being separated from their parents, it would be untenable to let them remain vulnerable to abuse. The Indian government has offered help to the parents in the current case and that is the appropriate thing to do. To escalate this into a diplomatic incident does not serve the interests of anyone. Where the government can perhaps extend help also is to ensure that the child gets the necessary treatment and counseling he needs in India where he is at present with his grandparents. Emotionalism should not get in the way of doing what is best for the child who has already been traumatised

The Witch-king
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:39 AM

So a crime can only be committed if you're a citizen of the country it's a crime in, huh?

If they want to get away with abusing their children they should go to a country where it's allowed.

Ashi
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Abuse is abuse. It has to be punishable. Child abuse moreso. I believe you should abide by the rules of the country you live in.
That's not to say India doesn't have strict laws against child abuse. But I feel the system is apathetic and not all that proactive. People tend to believe that parenting is personal and may not always look for signs of child abuse in and around them. But if you are caught & convicted parents could face up to life imprisonment.

I concure with Expat, spanking is common. If parents were jailed for merely this, all our parents would land up in jail. :lol:

Patrick345
Dec 5th, 2012, 07:22 AM

Others hack off hands for stealing and stone women to death for adultery. You think Iranians should have the right to do that everywhere in the world? Tonight Live in Central Park. It is not the Rolling Stones, it is the Throwing Stones. :facepalm:

Beat
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:52 AM
troll thread. please close.

Mattographer
Dec 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM
What a fail thread :spit:

Start da Game, go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)