PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever killed some innocent lives/animals,like a butterfly or a rat ?

Lin Lin
Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
I have some horrible memories when I was a kid I killed some beautiful butterflies,and put them into a book,and see how they became something like a bookmark.:sad::sad:

I feel so sad,I hope they can forgive me:sad::sad:

I will never do that again and hurt any life again.:sad::sad:

Beat
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
awwww, lin lin :hug:

we had to kill a mouse in our house recently. i thought it was fairer than spreading poison. but i did feel quite sick afterwards.

bulava
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Common, who doesn't? Please don't tell me that Veggies don't do it (myself one).

Recently there was death anniversary of Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose. He proved that Plants too have life by inventing Crescograph. He was an unsung hero of Microwaves/Radio.

Point is: there is NO ONE on this planet who didn't kill some form of life :tape:

Super Dave
Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
I ran over a squirrel once with my car accidentally...

I go out of my way to kill bugs, but not butterflies. Mostly flies, bees, spiders, mosquitoes, centipedes, hornets, wasps...

saint2
Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Propably yes (some slimes or bugs maybe, while accidentally stomping at them) but I don't know.

Tripp
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Well, if you ask me a butterfly is just a cockroach with a pretty dress.

I don't kill living beings, but I'd kill pidgeons any day. Buenos Aires is full of them and they're pretty much like rats with wings.

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Mosquitoes, cockroaches :shrug:

Nicolás89
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
The mosquitoe community hate me. :help:

saint2
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Mosquitoes, cockroaches :shrug:

They aren't innocent :lol::lol:

Super Dave
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
I see dead deer on the highway every single morning. More locally - opossums, raccoons, squirrels, and an occasional cat or dog :awww:

miffedmax
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
If the motherfuckers want to live in my house, they can pay rent.

I peacefully co-exist with spiders, the lizards on the porch and the possum under the house, because they eat vermin.

And the mighty Simo (my cat) is a killing machine of unwanted life.

Expat
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
do mosquitoes count?

borrowedheaven
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
I've never killed anything other than flies or mosquitoes, bot only when they refuse to get out of my room. I normally spend like an hour trying to achieve that.
I'm way more sympathetic with animals than with humans really. Every time is see a dead bird I burry it.

Dominic
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
Insects and spiders yeah and I try to convince myself that it's ok cause they're evil and wanna sting us :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
killed over 20 rats in a month in my garden just because one of my neighbor has a sort of farm with chickens and turkeys so they're attracted from their food :rolleyes:

Flavia P.
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
I kill insects if they're in the house and flying around and annoying. Outside of that, I punched a bee when I was like 13 and killed it. That's it. I actually go out of my way to avoid killing insects, butterflies, etc. when I'm outside.

Vartan
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Yes :sobbing:

Helen Lawson
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Insects.

Annie.
Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
rats, mice, lizards, roaches, etc.

EDIT: and some baby birds :o:o

Wert.
Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
do mosquitoes count?

If they do, I'm a serial killer :sobbing:

Vartan
Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:45 PM
If they do*.

Wert.
Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:58 PM
If they do*.

Yes, I knew that. Thanks.

*JR*
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:22 AM
"There are more animals living in the scum on a man's teeth than there are men in a whole kingdom."

--- Dutch biologist Anton van Leeuwenhoek, circa 1674

===============================================

Lin Lin
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:55 AM
What?:unsure:

Vartan
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Don't want to disappoint you, but germs are not animals.

Cajka
Dec 4th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I'm scared of mice, not to mention rats. :sobbing: When I was a kid, my grandpa was making mousetraps with a nut and a glass, so he would release them after catching them. I can kill a fly or mosquito, but I'm too scared of cockroaches, there's no way I would come close to them.

McPie
Dec 4th, 2012, 02:41 AM
too many times :p they wanna stole my lasagna :lol:

kwilliams
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I was responsible for acts of mosquito-genocide in Korea. There were nights were I'd kill between 20 and 35. Once I was up for an hour between about 3:30 and 4:30 and I killed over a dozen in that time. I'd sleep with the fan blowing directly on me, which would keep them from landing on me and biting me but not from buzzing by my ears, which often woke me up! Sorry, but I like my sleep! I got really good at killing them too. I could clap them right out of the air.

Now, I'm back in a land free of mosquitoes! It took me a long time to convince my bf that we don't have cockroaches in Ireland. He had to admit it begrudgingly! We've got lots of other annoying things but nothing that the average person feels absolutely compelled to kill. I throw spiders out my bedroom window. I just assume they'll survive a two story fall into grass. They're so robust!

Once when I was younger, a spider ran into a nook and I gased it out with a can of deodorant. It didn't kill it but it was writhing around. I put it out of it's misery. I've always felt so bad about that so I hardly ever kill them anymore. My bf tries to make me do it though. He hates spiders.

Javi.
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Lots of insects like mosquitos. They are annoying and harmful so I don't feel bad at all.

Mikey.
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Other than insects, no. But recently a rainbow lorikeet (a really cool Australian bird, google them) flew into the side of my car while I was driving and it died. :crying2: I felt so awful afterward.

*JR*
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Not 2B sarcastic, but anyone who eats meat arguably has in a "collective sense", by helping create a market for their flesh. Wearing fur coats, goose down parkas, etc also. Arguably, wearing leather belts and shoes is not, as leather is a byproduct of the cattle industry, and there aren't good alternatives that I know of. And yes, I know: most farm animals are only born to begin with 2B slaughtered later. (Or exploited for milk, eggs, etc).

Say Hey Kid
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:32 AM
When I was a kid me and friends encountered a very huge snake and threw big rocks at it until it was severely wounded. Then we took a blowtorch and burned it to death.

I was around 11, 12 or 13.

I still feel really bad about doing that.

Today, I do not engage in that behavior, and like animals. However, a few months ago I woke up with a big red lump on my penis head. Before that, I neglected to kill the few spiders i saw around the house. Now, I will kill any insect on site.

I'll never kill an animal again. That said, I do eat meat. Hunting and eating wild animals living naturally until their demise is much moral than eating farm animals who have been hormoned up, caged their whole life, then tortured to death.

I should take up hunting, but I don't think I have the balls to kill an animal now of days.

Yet, I eat them though. What a coward I am.

Vartan
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:36 AM
:p insects are animals.

Barrie_Dude
Dec 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Other then bugs, rats and mice I have shot the odd rattlesnake, and shot at a cyote or two.

lee station
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:12 AM
i extinguished entire cultures

Steven.
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I ran over a squirrel once with my car accidentally...

I go out of my way to kill bugs, but not butterflies. Mostly flies, bees, spiders, mosquitoes, centipedes, hornets, wasps...

:spit: am i the only one who goes out of my way to avoid shit like spiders (i'm pretty much arachnophobic) and bugs?

i freaked out hardcore the other day because i thought a cockeroach was crawling on my friend's leg but it turns out it was just a christmas beetle :hysteric:

killed over 20 rats in a month in my garden just because one of my neighbor has a sort of farm with chickens and turkeys so they're attracted from their food :rolleyes:

ewwwwwwwww. u all act as if killing rats is normal, i mean i've hardly seen any in my life time tbh

Super Dave
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
When I was a kid me and friends encountered a very huge snake and threw big rocks at it until it was severely wounded. Then we took a blowtorch and burned it to death.

I was around 11, 12 or 13.

I still feel really bad about doing that.

Oh! I forgot I killed 3 snakes that were around my house when I first moved in. They were garter snakes, but I only did it because they were abnormally HUGE. At least 3 feet long with a big diameter. And I had small kids at the time and I didn't want them coming across them and freaking the snake out so it would bite them. I took a hard rake and pulled them out of my bushes and chopped them up with the spikes of the rake (not all at the same time).

I've seen plenty of smaller (normal) ones since then, but I leave them alone. The ones I killed were freaks.

Super Dave
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
ewwwwwwwww. u all act as if killing rats is normal, i mean i've hardly seen any in my life time tbh

There was a mouse in my kid's boot that I brought in from the garage and it started running around my laundry room. I took a broom and slap-shot it out the door into the garage, but I didn't want to kill it in the house...I let it go away.

Steven.
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
i'll one-up you on that.

one time i was sleeping and felt something brush on my face so i turn on the lights and i searched my whole bed and there was nothing there, okay cool so i go back to bed. the next morning i wake up and as i was doing my bed a motherfucking mouse leaps out of it and i screamed like fuck. i never actually ended up seeing it again, i just assumed it escaped somewhere.

this was like 3 years ago. and needless to say i was certain that i contracted some sort of disease and was gonna die but that was just paranoia kicking in.

and that was my one and only encounter with a mouse.

stromatolite
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I grew up on a farm and sometimes shot and trapped rabbits, birds, etc. Although I was too chicken to do it myself I also usually fetched a parent or older brother to kill any snakes I saw around the place.

It was fairly normal in that environment and it didn't bother me at the time, but I look back on it all with distinctly mixed feelings. I doubt that I could do it now, although I'm not sure whether that's because I've developed a conscience or just gone soft.

Flies and mosquitoes that bug me are fair game I think.

Super Dave
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I actually have an electric flyswatter that affords instant death to a flying insect with a visible blue flash. You can swat them out of the air instead of waiting for them to land. It's like a mini tennis racquet. Don't accidentally touch the bands, though, or you'll taste the metal fillings in your mouth :o

Lin Lin
Dec 6th, 2012, 12:52 AM
OMG,some killings here sound really cruel:sad:

:speakles:

moby
Dec 6th, 2012, 05:36 AM
No, they were not innocent.

Lin Lin
Dec 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Why?Did they attack you?:eek:

bulava
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:06 PM
OMG,some killings here sound really cruel:sad:
:speakles:
Well, many people here use this Weapon Of Mass Destruction :lol: (Nah, not Chinese make!)

http://img1.tradeget.com/balajielectronics%5CQG6452B51eco_recharge_bat.jpg

Thankfully it's not required in my home.

PS: see how Tennis is responsible for all mass killings :p

Super Dave
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I actually have an electric flyswatter that affords instant death to a flying insect with a visible blue flash. You can swat them out of the air instead of waiting for them to land. It's like a mini tennis racquet. Don't accidentally touch the bands, though, or you'll taste the metal fillings in your mouth :o

Well, many people here use this Weapon Of Mass Destruction :lol: (Nah, not Chinese make!)

Similar to what I have, though on mine there is no plastic on the inside where the "strings" are :lol: I can't believe I bought it at Target. The thing's dangerous :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Dec 6th, 2012, 04:12 PM

i have it too :lol:

Sammo
Dec 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Nooooooooooo I've never crushed a bug :rolleyes: Only a monster could do such a thing

charmedRic
Dec 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM

:rolls:

Super Dave
Dec 6th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Oh, we also have moles in our yard from time to time that live underground and burrow beneath the surface. And when there are tunnels bumped up in the grass / dirt I poke a hole in the roof of the tunnel and drop poison pellets in. So, the next time they travel through an existing tunnel, hopefully they stop for their last supper. I've undoubtedly killed quite a few of those destructive pests.

My last house had a crawlspace for storage underneath it and I put mouse poison pellets around there; I found 3 dead mice during that time.

So I've killed quite a few things!

Many birds have committed suicide by flying into the windows of my house, too, but that's not my fault.

charmedRic
Dec 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I've never struck a deer, thankfully, *knocks on wood*, but once I scared one when I honked at it (it was standing in the middle of the road) and it jumped down a rather step ravine ... so unless it was half-cat, I'm thinking Bambi broke a leg or two. :shrug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I just squashed a stink bug :oh:

charmedRic
Dec 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I just squashed a stink bug :oh:

ugh! I hate those!

delicatecutter
Dec 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
This thread has scarred me. :sad:

Super Dave
Dec 7th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I was nice to the cute little chipmunks that burrowed under my pool liner and created a sinkhole.

I got a live trap and baited it with apples. When I caught them I drove them out to a field about five miles away and released them. Altogether I caught around 20 before I stopped.

They caused about $200 in needed repairs.

*JR*
Dec 7th, 2012, 03:18 AM
EaN7xuAIjXI