Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
InB4DaLoq

Kuzzy24
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Maria would blow Vika off the court.
Maria would destroy Azarenka's serve.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Call me when Azarenka outplays Serena in a slam final and bagels Henin on a 30+ match win streak.

Natural Joe
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=455901

young_gunner913
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
We'll never see Peak vs Peak but we have Current vs Current and right now, Current Vika kicks the fucking shit out of Martha whenever she pleases.

HRHoliviasmith
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
We'll never see Peak vs Peak but we have Current vs Current and right now, Current Vika kicks the fucking shit out of Martha whenever she pleases.

I see no lies!!! :worship: Princess Vika is the future, the heir to the throne!

Stonerpova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
I see no lies!!! :worship: Vika is the future, the heir to the throne!

If that's true may God have mercy on women's tennis.

Exordes
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
The best is yet to come: http://tv.eurosport.com/tennis/us-open-5/2012/tv-videos_vid247657.shtml

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
We've done this before.
Maria would break her 2 arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

bandabou
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
:lol: Is this asked again?

Volcana
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:40 PM
Sharapova. Because she is clearly NOT as good as she six years ago, and she's still competitive with Azarenka now.

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:41 PM
This is kind of impossible to discuss given the peak is a thing of the past for one player and something that's yet to come for the other.

HRHoliviasmith
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:49 PM
If that's true may God have mercy on women's tennis.

blasphemy! :o :ras:

jacobruiz
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:58 PM
The last time they played each other was at the Tour Championships at Istanbul, which as we all know resulted in a 6-4, 6-2 beat down of Vika by Maria.:drool:

To be continued in 2013....;)

sweetadri06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
These two will probably keep swapping wins for the rest of their careers.

vixter
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Peak Sharapova easily.

StoneRose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:10 PM
On all surfaces but clay Vika obviously. If Vika's on there's just no way Maria would move and anticipate well enough.

Royals.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:14 PM
This is kind of impossible to discuss given the peak is a thing of the past for one player and something that's yet to come for the other.

Agreed.

Vartan
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Maria in 2.

Nicolás89
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:28 PM
It has happened all year and guess who won the majority of matches. :oh:

Gentleman
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
Mmmmm

I would say 60-40 in Maria's favour...

AnnieIWillKnow
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:48 PM

Current vs. Current isn't the topic of the thread though... and "whenever she pleases"? Like their most recent encounter at the YEC then?

danieln1
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:12 AM
Another one?

This is getting ridiculous.

NashaMasha
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:21 AM
Sharapova. Because she is clearly NOT as good as she six years ago, and she's still competitive with Azarenka now.

this :)

Jimmie48
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:24 AM
So what tells us that now-Vika is peak-Vika? Nothing...

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:26 AM
Nothing against Vika but I'd wager that 2008 AO Maria would beat any version of Vika in two sets :angel:.

AndreConrad
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:46 AM
I think this one is really close

Jeffery
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
I have no doubt. Peak Maria would beat her easily. :shrug:

jameshazza
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:38 AM
There already is a much more comprehensive thread from this year on this topic.

Anyways, Maria in 2.

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM

But peak vs peak is being discussed here so :shrug:.

Peak Maria would destroy peak Vika. :drool:.

SilverSlam
Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
y.;22542080']Call me when Azarenka outplays Serena in a slam final and bagels Henin on a 30+ match win streak.

YAS this comment gave me so much life :worship:

ahoura
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Who is Vika ?
obviously Maria Is Better

Sam L
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
Maria, Queen of the Rus. Yes, that's right before the Mongol Invasions, meaning of all Rus.

Christinawww
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
if 2012 Vika is peak Vika, and peak Maria is 2008 Maria (or whatever period she was best in) I'll go with Maria. But who knows, Vika might be serving bombs next year (unlikely, but it's the future, so no one knows) and be super aggressive and hit winners everywhere. Or Maria finds a way to be better. Let's wait till they are a bit older than 23 and 25 to ask this question

Joelina
Dec 8th, 2012, 01:47 PM

this

even 17 year old Maria would have beaten Vika easily

Jimmie48
Dec 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Again, we don't even know what peak Vika actually is... Sharapova's peak is obviously behind her (as her own stans admit) while Vika's hasn't even been there.

So Sharapova being still competitive with her now means nothing. Especially as the term competitive could be argued, she has received some hefty beatdowns by Vika this year.

Serenita
Dec 8th, 2012, 02:37 PM
This:lol:
Vika would drag her ass thru the mud.:lol:

Exordes
Dec 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I don´t think Maria has much potential left to improve her game, but Vika does.

"A No.1 Who Wants to Stay on Top": http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/22/sports/tennis/22iht-srwtazarenka22.html?pagewanted=all

“She’s a great athlete, and she truly believes she should be No. 1,” Davenport added. “And as much as the other ones tried to give that attitude off, it just wasn’t very natural.”
Azarenka is defined by her ferocious low-to-the-court groundstrokes, her fast-twitch returns and, of course, her shrieks, which might be old news but still have fans of all ages imitating her in the stands and in front of the screen during matches.
At 23, Azarenka still has the time and ambition to make other improvements: in transition in the forecourt and, above all, with her serve. At 6 feet, or about 182 centimeters, tall and with her elastic ability to generate intimidating pace with other strokes, it would appear she could do more with it. For Sumyk, the good news is that Azarenka has much room to improve and she is already No. 1 and a Grand Slam singles champion. “I always like to let my racket talk and not really talk myself and to show who’s the best player or who deserves to be the best player in our game,” Azarenka said. “It’s not by discussing it in the interviews. I think it’s important to show it on the court, and that’s what I will try to do.”

NashaMasha
Dec 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I don´t think Maria has much potential left to improve her game, but Vika does.

player whose main weapon is movement + consistency can't improve significantly... She is already making just a few UE and is moving better than her main rivals , but it doesn't work when she is just outhitted, overpowered and forced to pushing...

Jimmie48
Dec 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM
player whose main weapon is movement + consistency can't improve significantly...

Coach of the year disagrees :oh:

doomsday
Dec 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Coach of the year disagrees :oh:

So what ? We'll just have to wait and see. Vika's movement will deteriorate with time just like it happened with many players like her she will have to win matches quickly, add big weapons to her game and not using that grinding style over the years.
Beside that grinding style seems useless when big hitters are on, she can't do much and can be easily hit off the court.

Queen_Vee_92
Dec 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM
We have had a thread on this, with much the same mixture of some thoughtful some inflammatory comments.

Anyhow. Vika is 23, 2012 has been her peak season thus far but in terms of pure level isn't as good as 06/early 08 Martha. However she has improved each season, and until she goes backwards then we're still to presume her peak could be in the next couple of years and we haven't seen the best of her.

A lot of me feels sorry for Maria, because there are so many things that are better about her game now than 4 or 5 years ago, movement, point construction etc that if only she hadn't got the shoulder issue and a shadow of her former serve then her peak could have been around now, she's still only 25 after all, at least another 2 or 3 years of "young" tennis left in her. As it is, i think she'll never get back to that 08 level because she just doesn't trust her all round game the same as she used to.

As it stands current Vika has a small edge over current Maria, and they'll split victories about 70/30 in Vikas favour presuming they play mostly on hard.

Peak vs Peak is Maria quite comfortably at this stage, and in my opinion i don't think we'll ever see a better Vika than this year, but it's still unknown.

dsanders06
Dec 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Again, we don't even know what peak Vika actually is... Sharapova's peak is obviously behind her (as her own stans admit) while Vika's hasn't even been there.

So Sharapova being still competitive with her now means nothing. Especially as the term competitive could be argued, she has received some hefty beatdowns by Vika this year.

Who? Quite a lot of us think Maria's peak could potentially be in the next 1 or 2 years :wavey:

If you look at Maria's upwards trajectory since the surgery, it's probably been even more dramatic than Vika's (Maria's game had bigger improvements in 2012 compared to 2011 than Vika's did, I would say). So there's really no evidence atall that Vika is going to constantly improve from hereon while Maria is going to slide. Don't forget Azarenka is only 2 years younger than Maria, although admittedly it's easy to forget that seeing as Maria started playing spectacularly at a far earlier age than Vika did.

Kon.
Dec 8th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Maria, quite clearly.
There's a chance Vika could show something even better in the future though, something I personally doubt but it's more likely it's her peak that we haven't seen yet rather than Maria's. :shrug:

jameshazza
Dec 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Who? Quite a lot of us think Maria's peak could potentially be in the next 1 or 2 years :wavey:

If you look at Maria's upwards trajectory since the surgery, it's probably been even more dramatic than Vika's (Maria's game had bigger improvements in 2012 compared to 2011 than Vika's did, I would say). So there's really no evidence atall that Vika is going to constantly improve from hereon while Maria is going to slide. Don't forget Azarenka is only 2 years younger than Maria, although admittedly it's easy to forget that seeing as Maria started playing spectacularly at a far earlier age than Vika did.

This to all.
Maria currently isn't as good as she was in parts of 2006 and 2008 but there's no reason for us to feel that she's not going to get back to that level or exceed it in the next couple of years. :shrug:

Stonerpova
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM

Preach it gurl :worship:

Jimmie48
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I like how this has become a self-assuring therapy session for Sharapova stans to comfort each other :oh:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I like how this has become a self-assuring therapy session for Sharapova stans to comfort each other :oh:

Grow up :lol:

First of all you can't even predict the future, how do you know who has hit their peak and who hasn't? Maria showed that she can beat Extremely Injured on a hard court as she proved in their last match of the year. Shouldn't it be worrying that someone who hasn't hit their peak yet is getting routined by someone who is passed it? :lol: Second of all, there is a lot of things Maria can improve on; just because you hate her doesn't mean she can't play tennis ;)

Vartan
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:42 PM
:lol: I like how 4 is 4 times more than 1.

Jimmie48
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
y.;22564486']Grow up :lol:

First of all you can't even predict the future, how do you know who has hit their peak and who hasn't?

Just a few weeks ago there was pretty much unanimous consent among her fans that pre-surgery Sharapova was sooo much better and how she will never get there again etc. Weird how nobody wants to remember that right now :rolleyes:

I'm not worried about the YEC match at all as Vika was obviously low on energy all week and was just looking for the season to be over with. Bejing a few weeks back shows us where they stand on HC...and it's a world apart.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I'm going to go another route on this. I'm willing to say Peak Pova/Vika based on their best shots at their peaks. So it's Pova's serve versus Vika's return. Then it's a lot closer than many would think, but I'd still give the edge to Peak Pova.

That said, I'm personally excited that tennis has a rivalry again. Vika and Maria compliment each other well and Maria is well on her way to becoming the Grand Dame of the women's game.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Just a few weeks ago there was pretty much unanimous consent among her fans that pre-surgery Sharapova was sooo much better and how she will never get there again etc. Weird how nobody wants to remember that right now :rolleyes:

I'm not worried about the YEC match at all as Vika was obviously low on energy all week and was just looking for the season to be over with. Bejing a few weeks back shows us where they stand on HC...and it's a world apart.

Well she was better than she is now, but that doesn't mean she can't get back there and improve.

And :spit: at your bottom statement, what a lame excuse, she shouldn't have wasted her energy in Linz then. You can't just pick a match where your fave won and say that she's better. Maria was absolute garbage in Beijing final. :lol: Maria changed her gameplan drastically in those two matches. In Beijing, she was trying to brainlessly hit through Extremely Injured whereas in their YEC match she constructed points much better and used the width of the court beautifully.

Jimmie48
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
y.;22564564']

And :spit: at your bottom statement, what a lame excuse, she shouldn't have wasted her energy in Linz then. You can't just pick a match where your fave won and say that she's better. Maria was absolute garbage in Beijing final. :lol: Maria changed her gameplan drastically in those two matches. In Beijing, she was trying to brainlessly hit through Extremely Injured whereas in their YEC match she constructed points much better and used the width of the court beautifully.

It's not a lame excuse as Vika's game clearly suffering from the same symptoms against Kerber and Na as well. Was that somehow Sharapova's doing as well?

In hindsight I love how this match has given her fans false confidence as far as this matchup is concerned. Unfortunately I don't think Sharapova herself is dumb enough to believe that she somehow "figured Vika out", one can always hope though :)

Kon.
Dec 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM

Pre-surgery Sharapova was indeed so much better but when was there ever a consent she can't improve from where she's now? :unsure:

And just as you say Beijing shows where they both stand on HC I could say YEC does and we'd both be wrong. :shrug: Vika was far from her best in their Istanbul match but so was Maria in Beijing.

Jimmie48
Dec 8th, 2012, 08:04 PM
And just as you say Beijing shows where they both stand on HC I could say YEC does and we'd both be wrong. :shrug: Vika was far from her best in their Istanbul match but so was Maria in Beijing.

The difference is that there are three other HC matches to back up Vika's Beijing performance while the YEC match was an isolated win for Sharapova.

Kon.
Dec 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
The difference is that there are three other HC matches to back up Vika's Beijing performance while the YEC match was an isolated win for Sharapova.

And that's why I believe current Vika is clearly better than current Maria on HC. But why is it that specific match that shows where they stand while Maria has played a lot better than that on HCs this year? :shrug: My point is that the difference between them is much less than a world apart as you seem to believe.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 8th, 2012, 08:16 PM
It's not a lame excuse as Vika's game clearly suffering from the same symptoms against Kerber and Na as well. Was that somehow Sharapova's doing as well?

In hindsight I love how this match has given her fans false confidence as far as this matchup is concerned. Unfortunately I don't think Sharapova herself is dumb enough to believe that she somehow "figured Vika out", one can always hope though :)

Why does Maria have you so pressed? :lol:

Sombrerero loco
Dec 8th, 2012, 08:25 PM
peak vika^^

dsanders06
Dec 8th, 2012, 09:07 PM

Again, quotes or it didn't happen. We had a discussion in her subforum a few weeks ago how her peak level of play could still potentially be ahead of her. "Potentially" being the key word -- none of us are claiming we know for sure what will happen, and it could be that what you predict turns out to be true. But there's nothing guaranteed that Vika will improve more than Maria in the future, just as it turns out it wasn't guaranteed that Wozniacki's peak was ahead of her despite your hysterical insistences one bandwagon ago.

Deestruction
Dec 9th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Imo Peak Maria was very dangerous, especially in 2006, ill never forget that. That US open 2006 form was ruthless.

Dominic
Dec 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM

Too much pot again Matty :sobbing:

Shafanovic.
Dec 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM
:lol: I like how 4 is 4 times more than 1.

Me too

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/0/01/AproovalClap.gif

Break My Rapture
Dec 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Again, quotes or it didn't happen. We had a discussion in her subforum a few weeks ago how her peak level of play could still potentially be ahead of her. "Potentially" being the key word -- none of us are claiming we know for sure what will happen, and it could be that what you predict turns out to be true. But there's nothing guaranteed that Vika will improve more than Maria in the future, just as it turns out it wasn't guaranteed that Wozniacki's peak was ahead of her despite your hysterical insistences one bandwagon ago.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
http://i.minus.com/iAKohWarFZV32.gif

Craig.
Dec 9th, 2012, 03:09 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

DYING :hysteric:

SymphonyX
Dec 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Peak Maria doesn't exist in this age and time. You will never see Peak Martha vs Peak Vika ever.

Peak Martha at 2006 US Open would wipe the floor of any of the Peak Vikas we've seen so far though. Hard to do "peak vs peak" when both players aren't even anywhere near close to retiring.

Steven.
Dec 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

omfg take me out of the oven bocs i am so fucking done

Fighterpova
Dec 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Definitely peak Maria. If 2006 USO Maria played 2012 Vika Maria would win in 2 easy sets. She beat Henin in straights and double bageled Mauresmo and they are a class above Azarenka tennis wise :shrug:

Temperenka
Dec 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Their careers will probably end with Vika having an edge in the H2H. Numbers will speak for themselves.

Monzanator
Dec 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Their careers will probably end with Vika having an edge in the H2H. Numbers will speak for themselves.

Will they? Garcia Vidagany is better than Clijsters according to your logic. Preach! :worship:

Exordes
Dec 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Will they? Garcia Vidagany is better than Clijsters according to your logic. Preach! :worship:

How about the other numbers? For instance weeks at No.1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WTA_number_1_ranked_players

Vika (age 23): 45 weeks at No.1 ( as of December 31, 2012) and counting...

Maria (age 25): 21 weeks at No.1; her longest time has been 7 weeks in a row in January-March 2007.

Steven.
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM
and by that logic, wozniacki's peak > azarenka's peak and venus' peak is the 2nd weakest of all former no. 1s right?

got it.

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:21 PM

How about the other numbers? For instance weeks at No.1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WTA_number_1_ranked_players

Vika (age 23): 45 weeks at No.1 ( as of December 31, 2012) and counting...

Maria (age 25): 21 weeks at No.1; her longest time has been 7 weeks in a row in January-March 2007.

and by that logic, wozniacki's peak > azarenka's peak and venus' peak is the 2nd weakest of all former no. 1s right?

got it.

:crying2: The ownage on these replies http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_lwg55nw1pS1qzjix8.gif

Natural Joe
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I agree, the comparison with weeks at number one really isn't particularly helpful when it comes to peak vs peak and neither is the H2H imo. That said, I don't see how the H2H between Vidagany and Clijsters can prove a point here since the H2H between Vika and Masha is based on many more matches and therefore much more significant in general (still not necessarily in a peak vs peak discussion, so please don't get me wrong here).

I just don't see the point of discussing the peak of a player who is only 23 years old and still has room for improvement in her game. As I have read in this thread, also Maria fans think it's possible that her peak is still ahead of her, so again, what's the point of this thread (or any similar thread with other players, for that matter)? Unless of course you think it's interesting to discuss and compare the highest standard of play we have seen from either player thus far but in that case I think "peak" is a very misleading term.

Exordes
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM

got it.

I didn´t say that weeks at No.1 should be used as the only criteria when we compare players to each other. On the other hand those top 5 players who lead those statistics are: Steffi Graff (377 wks), Martina Navratilova (332 wks), Chris Evert (260 wks), Martina Hingis (209 wks) and Monica Seles (178 wks). Surely it tells something about their careers if head-to-head statistics are not enough? For some players their peak might be same as their highest WTA ranking like No. 20 or winning a big tournament once.

Monzanator
Dec 9th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I agree, the comparison with weeks at number one really isn't particularly helpful when it comes to peak vs peak and neither is the H2H imo. That said, I don't see how the H2H between Vidagany and Clijsters can prove a point here since the H2H between Vika and Masha is based on many more matches and therefore much more significant in general (still not necessarily in a peak vs peak discussion, so please don't get me wrong here).

I just don't see the point of discussing the peak of a player who is only 23 years old and still has room for improvement in her game. As I have read in this thread, also Maria fans think it's possible that her peak is still ahead of her, so again, what's the point of this thread (or any similar thread with other players, for that matter)? Unless of course you think it's interesting to discuss and compare the highest standard of play we have seen from either player thus far but in that case I think "peak" is a very misleading term.

Garcia and Clijsters have only had one match but "1" is also a number no matter how you'd like to see that. Temperenka clearly said that "Numbers will speak for themselves" hence there's no difference whether players had 30 matches or just the one. Garcia won that match and is therefore a better player than Clijsters according to Temperenka's logic. Maths and statistics are very simple to embrace and there isn't any room for speculations and other "buts" and "ifs".

and btw, Sharapova's peak was 2005-06. She's not winning another major (let alone any title) on fast surfaces and with it, you can't say the peak is still ahead of her by any means. We've never seen Peak Sharapova vs Peak Azarenka and never will despite the age proximity.

Natural Joe
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Garcia and Clijsters have only had one match but "1" is also a number no matter how you'd like to see that. Temperenka clearly said that "Numbers will speak for themselves" hence there's no difference whether players had 30 matches or just the one. Garcia won that match and is therefore a better player than Clijsters according to Temperenka's logic. Maths and statistics are very simple to embrace and there isn't any room for speculations and other "buts" and "ifs".

OK, point taken.

and btw, Sharapova's peak was 2005-06. She's not winning another major (let alone any title) on fast surfaces and with it, you can't say the peak is still ahead of her by any means. We've never seen Peak Sharapova vs Peak Azarenka and never will despite the age proximity.

That's pretty much the point Jimmie48 made earlier in this thread when he said that Maria's fans think she will never get to her pre-surgery form again. However, dsanders06 replied to him that there was a discussion on Maria's subforum about "how her peak level of play could still potentially be ahead of her". This shows that there are fans who think that we might not have seen Maria's peak yet - potentially of course. At the same time, we might have potentially seen Vika's peak already or she could potentially become an even better player. The thing is, we simply can't see into the future and that's the reason why threads like this one don't make any sense to me.

Vincey!
Dec 9th, 2012, 08:22 PM

Well that's why Vika lost to Sharapova in their last match I guess ;)

Peak Sharapova would destroyed Vika's serve and overpower her and give her nothing to attack she'd probably win in 2 easy sets 6-3 6-2.

blistering
Dec 9th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Sharapova is steadily coming back to her pre-surgery form, and DRASTICALLY improving her movement and athleticism along the way. She just needs to put all the pieces together.

Regarding the thread, Sharapova is one of the biggest hitters in history, and only Peak Henin, Peak Serena and Peak Venus would be able to beat her. Azarenka will definitely improve in the upcoming seasons but she just doesn't have the devastating power Maria does. So Sharapova takes it in 2 sets. 75 64 or something; let's not forget, Azarenka matches-up very well with Maria and knows exactly how to play her. Wouldn't be a walk in the park.

Nicolás89
Dec 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Definitely peak Maria. If 2006 USO Maria played 2012 Vika Maria would win in 2 easy sets. She beat Henin in straights and double bageled Mauresmo and they are a class above Azarenka tennis wise :shrug:

Peak Maria struggled against Peak Golovin during that tournament though. :spit:

madmax
Dec 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
the only reason why Vuvurenka leads the H2H against Maria is because for some reason Maria always chooses to play like crap against her (apart from those rare instances this year in Stuttgart and Istanbul). AO final was especially a head scratching performance from her - making brainless errors and inexplicably going flat after taking an early lead in the first set. Tat was truly an embarrassing display of sheer stupidity:facepalm: Either way, peak Maria is just not making silly errors and doublefaulting on key points like she's been doing since that surgery in 08, so Vika's chances become very slim in this matchup on any surface. I'd love to see 08 AO version of Pova vs this years Vuvurenka and see how many games Maria concedes though...:devil:

Vartan
Dec 9th, 2012, 10:44 PM
:crying2: The ownage on these replies http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_lwg55nw1pS1qzjix8.gif

Get owned :sobbing:

blistering
Dec 9th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Azarenka was very impressive in her 1st slam final after a nervy start but Maria should've won that title. She was still retooling her game. It was exciting to see the vast improvements in that tournament compared to the final stretch of 2011 (Cincinatti included, god knows how she won that). But she completely froze on the occasion. She'd be holding two slams now had she brought the level she showed against Makarova, Kerber or Kvitova in the 1st set.

faboozadoo15
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:09 PM
You don't think Sharapova will ever win another title on a quick surface? Ever? Don't be ridiculous.

Are the only fast courts on grass these days? Because Sharapova made the Olympic final this year and the Wimbledon final last year-- 2 of her last 3 grass events.

bandabou
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM
You don't think Sharapova will ever win another title on a quick surface? Ever? Don't be ridiculous.

Are the only fast courts on grass these days? Because Sharapova made the Olympic final this year and the Wimbledon final last year-- 2 of her last 3 grass events.

And in one she got totally humiliated and in the other she never really made it competitive.

Vincey!
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM

haha yes, that's what I thought too. The only player that did better than Sharapova on grass in the last couple years is Serena.

Nicolás89
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:22 PM
the only reason why Vuvurenka leads the H2H against Maria is because for some reason Maria always chooses to play like crap against her

I cannot. :sobbing:

bandabou
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:48 PM
haha yes, that's what I thought too. The only player that did better than Sharapova on grass in the last couple years is Serena.
Hmm...forgetting Petra? 1 win is better than 2 final.

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Hmm...forgetting Petra? 1 win is better than 2 final.

Well she has a title and 2 QFs. You might consider her ahead of Sharapova in term on Grass court result but I wouldn't be so sure. Anyway, 3rd best player on grass court at the very least is far from bad and you can't really say she will never win a title on fast court again. That's why I said that anyway. If you wanna argue on what is better, 2 finals or 1 title, it's up to you but it's not the point lol.

dsanders06
Dec 10th, 2012, 12:34 AM

This, for the most part. Please keep posting; unobnoxious Vikastans are becoming an increasingly rare breed round here :o (or maybe the number of Jimmie's posts are misleading me into that impression).

What I want to know is, why are people acting like Vika leading the head-to-head against Maria by the end of their careers is a foregone conclusion? Vika only leads her 7-5 atm :lol:

PREACH! :worship:

This whole "Maria can't win off clay" is just yet another example of TF overreacting and drawing conclusions from just one season's results :lol: The only surface where the fundamentals of Maria's game have significantly deteriorated is grass (though, as you point out, even there she is still a top 5-calibre player), and that's more because of how low the bounce is rather than the court speed. Excluding grass, there aren't many quick surfaces left anyway, but of those that are, Cincinnati has some of the quickest hardcourts on the WTA and in her last two appearances there, she won it once and made the final the other time.

In all honesty, I don't see her winning Wimbledon again because the surface just doesn't allow her to play her very best tennis -- but I still definitely see her with chances to win both the US and Australian Opens (and I'm still confident that the AO will be her most successful Slam, ahead of RG).

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:00 AM
What I want to know is, why are people acting like Vika leading the head-to-head against Maria by the end of their careers is a foregone conclusion? Vika only leads her 7-5 atm :lol:

Because Vika has already blown past her by now, is two years younger and still has her peak to come while Sharapova's is a thing of the past.

Nicolás89
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:05 AM
This whole "Maria can't win off clay" is just yet another example of TF overreacting and drawing conclusions from just one season's results :lol:

:spit: Weren't you on Petra's bandwagon some months ago?! :lol:

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Because Vika has already blown past her by now, is two years younger and still has her peak to come while Sharapova's is a thing of the past.

1. Sharapova won their last meeting, rather comprehensively actually.
2. Two years doesn't mean a lot. It would if Maria's body was starting to betray her, but she's as fit and as quick as she's ever been.
3. This year Sharapova got to #1, won a slam, made another slam final, medalled at the Olympics, and lost before the quarterfinal stage of a tournament exactly one time. "Thing of the past" my ass.

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:09 AM
3. This year Sharapova got to #1, won a slam, made another slam final, medalled at the Olympics, and lost before the quarterfinal stage of a tournament exactly one time. "Thing of the past" my ass.

And still Vika did more. More weeks at #1, more titles, won the H2H very clearly. And please stop mention the YEC match, it's really silly. Everybody with half a brain knows why it ended the way it did, Vika looked half-dead on court all week..it had absolutely nothing to do with Sharapova...she just took advantage of the situation to sneak a win.

Craig.
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Oh right, poor Vika was Extremely Injured :tears:

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Nobody claims that she was injured, she was just at the end of her season and visibly low on energy. She didn't move well, nearly lost to Kerber, played pretty bad against Na as well..it simply wasn't her week.

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:14 AM
And still Vika did more. More weeks at #1, more titles, won the H2H very clearly. And please stop mention the YEC match, it's really silly. Everybody with half a brain knows why it ended the way it did, Vika looked half-dead on court all week..it had absolutely nothing to do with Sharapova...she just took advantage of the situation to sneak a win.

Azarenka obviously had the better year, but that doesn't make Sharapova a thing of the past :lol:

And I must have seen a different YEC match than you did. Azarenka was half a step slow, sure, but that just shows how much fitter Maria is. And Sharapova played excellent tennis. Moved great, served well (except she was a bit predictable on the ad side), and she was consistent enough to hit through Azarenka's defenses. They both had an epic marathon in the RR stage and one of them regrouped far better than the other. It is weird though because Azarenka being two years younger is supposed to give her some big advantage :scratch:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:14 AM

Give me a break :lol:

the reason why Extremely Injured looked half dead out there because Maria wasn't making the 40+ UEs she usually makes against her; thus she was unable to utilize her turbo grinding game to outlast her.

madmax
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Nobody claims that she was injured, she was just at the end of her season and visibly low on energy. She didn't move well, nearly lost to Kerber, played pretty bad against Na as well..it simply wasn't her week.

you do understand the same excuses can be said about Maria's losses too, right?:lol: Actually Maria's game is much more prone to breaking down due to how risky it is, yet you don't see any of her fans making excuses when she gifts win to your current fave:wavey:

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Okay, I give up. You guys want to set yourself up for disappointment...fine by me. I wonder how many beatdowns by Vika it takes for you to make peace with the fact that she has simply exceeded Sharapova. :rolleyes:

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:19 AM

Vika didn't look half death all week, her only loss came to Serena :shrug: She also only got "injured" in the middle of the 2nd set so the job was already done by Sharapova. Vika is still well behind of Sharapova in term of achievements. Wait until Vika will have won all 4 GS + the YEC and have a +5 ratio over Sharapova before letting your big mouth going wild. Many players have had one good year and then burn down into flames quite rapidly, an Ivanovic comes in mind quickly. If there's one fan that is set for disappointment it's most likely to be you cuz Sharapova has proven being able to come back and fight her way through pretty much everything.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Okay, I give up. You guys want to set yourself up for disappointment...fine by me. I wonder how many beatdowns by Vika it takes for you to make peace with the fact that she has simply exceeded Sharapova. :rolleyes:

It's not Maria's fault Extremely Injured was greedy for money and wasted her energy in Linz.

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:23 AM
y.;22569922']It's not Maria's fault Extremely Injured was greedy for money and wasted her energy in Linz.

Sharapova stans accusing other players of being greedy....I've seen everything :haha:

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Sharapova stans accusing other players of being greedy....I've seen everything :haha:

So Sharapova's not only a has-been but is greedy, too?

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Sharapova doesn't mind withdrawing from tournament cuz she's injured or unwell or cuz she'll get a fine or a 0 pointer...same thing can't be said about Azarenka and that is a fact.

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:27 AM
So Sharapova's not only a has-been but is greedy, too?

You`re seriously asking that question? I wonder if the player who's pushing cheap and unhealthy candy to make a quick buck is greedy.... :help:

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:31 AM
You`re seriously asking that question? I wonder if the player who's pushing cheap and unhealthy candy to make a quick buck is greedy.... :help:
loll you're really desperate to bash her if you're going with her side project. She's not hurting anyone with that business, she does whatever she wants off court, at least she's marketable enough to have a brand of her own. She doesn't need PR to make her somewhat looking professional or likable.

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I wasn't the one who brought up greed. Fact is, Sharapova is by far the greediest of all current players, aside from porn she's pretty much doing absolutely everything she can to make a dime. I wasn't the one who brought this up but this is the one area where Sharapova stans really have to sit down...there's no bigger money-whore on tour.

Truth time: Do you guys really like this stuff and support it or do you secretly cringe as well? If it's the first then you have to be the most gullible sheeple ever :D

Brad[le]y.
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I wasn't the one who brought up greed. Fact is, Sharapova is by far the greediest of all current players, aside from porn she's pretty much doing absolutely everything she can to make a dime. I wasn't the one who brought this up but this is the one area where Sharapova stans really have to sit down...there's no bigger money-whore on tour.

Truth time: Do you guys really like this stuff and support it or do you secretly cringe as well? If it's the first then you have to be the most gullible sheeple ever :D

:spit:

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:42 AM

man you're hilarious, every big name in sports have sponsors and endorsement. Some have more than others but it's not cuz they are after them but because they receive tons load of offer. If you're a top athletes and you have no campaign or you're not endorsing any product you have some question to ask yourself. Sharapova is not putting her health on the line for money or for points. That's the biggest creed, to do something that might hurt you, how desperately trying to bash are you right now!? Vika has ran herself out of gas and has openly admitted playing tournaments while being injured or tired only to not get a 0 pointer or to pay a fine. That's greedy at some big level if you're willing to potentially seriously injured yourself. Especially if that same girl said she was so tired of injuries that she thought about retiring less than a year or so ago. How disrespectful is it to the fans and your fellow players as well. Don't you even consider Sharapova greedy if you're an Azarenka fan.

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:45 AM
man you're hilarious, every big name in sports have sponsors and endorsement. Some have more than others but it's not cuz they are after them but because they receive tons load of offer. If you're a top athletes and you have no campaign or you're not endorsing any product you have some question to ask yourself. Sharapova is not putting her health on the line for money or for points. That's the biggest creed, to do something that might hurt you, how desperately trying to bash are you right now!? Vika has ran herself out of gas and has openly admitted playing tournaments while being injured or tired only to not get a 0 pointer or to pay a fine. That's greedy at some big level if you're willing to potentially seriously injured yourself. Especially if that same girl said she was so tired of injuries that she thought about retiring less than a year or so ago. How disrespectful is it to the fans and your fellow players as well. Don't you even consider Sharapova greedy if you're an Azarenka fan.

I see. Using your athlete image to push unhealthy candy = doing your job. Actually showing up at tour events and trying to play instead of just staying home = greedy. Makes total sense :facepalm:

And by the way, there are a ton of athletes out there who turn down offers and don't attach their name to every single thing just because it pays. Don't act like this is normal behavior because it isn't..she's doing it excessively.

Root
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Jimmie gurl whatever happened to you being 'sunshined 24/7'? Or was it just a phase? You pseudostanning and defending Miss Extremely Injured is not as fun. :[

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:53 AM
I see. Using your athlete image to push unhealthy candy = doing your job. Actually showing up at tour events and trying to play instead of just staying home = greedy. Makes total sense :facepalm:

And by the way, there are a ton of athletes out there who turn down offers and don't attach their name to every single thing just because it pays. Don't act like this is normal behavior because it isn't..she's doing it excessively.

LOL she's not promoting her candy for children to eat that all day. Everyone deserves a treat and that's what she's saying by selling those candies. I'm sure you hate her so much that you don't pay attention to what she's saying. You should know that if she was after money, she wouldn't be selling candies cuz I'm pretty sure there are many more products that make 10 times the money she receive from her sugarpova. Do you really think she says yes to every offers that she has? lmao you must be new to this. She actually refused more offer than she accepted.

Also Sharapova doesn't only withdraw, if she's on site she does everything asked, in Montreal when she withdrew she stayed on the site for a few days and did all the interview required. I don't think that giving a W/O in a second round or retiring midway through the 1 set of a 1st round is what a fan or a tournament wants. It's showing poor respect to your opponents and to the crowd who paid to see at least 1 hour of good quality tennis.

GO ask your old favorite number 1 Wozniacki about her bras

Steven.
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:55 AM

Okay it takes a lot to piss me off like seriousl but you've pretty much done just that and I don't give a flying fuck if you're trolling or not; actually dear god I hope you are because I cannot fathom how much of an ignoramus one can be

Everyone with half a brain knows that a year doesn't make a career. Everyone with half a brain knows this match up is on Maria's racquet. And bitch we all know your beloved faves track record when it comes to being tired and being extremely injured when she's losing. Also might I remind you that nobody gives a shit if Serena has less weeks at no. 1 than Hingis, nobody gives a shit that Venus has less weeks at no. 1 than Wozniaki/Davenport/Mauresmo, similar nobody gives a shit if Maria had less weeks at no. 1 than Vika.

And btw I love that "the thing of the past" won as many slams as Peak Vika.

You know what's really cute btw, for all this hype about PEAK Vika, the fact that if Clijsters had never gotten injured at this years AO Vika would still be slamless. I mean seriously, taking 3 sets to beat a hampered Clijsters lol okay I wonder if Vika would even reach a slam final if she played between 2000-2008 let alone win 3 slams

Run along now.

Vartan
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:02 AM

Her candy is far from being cheap. :shrug:

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:11 AM

Please never stop posting. It's comedy gold.

If she was hungry for money Sugarpova's not the way to go. She invested her own money in it, was involved in the creative process, and the whole thing took a few years to put together. And it's no guaranteed success. I see it as a side project, as a way for her to put some of the boatloads of money she already has to use. With a majority of the brands that do endorse her (Nike and Cole Haan come to mind) she has either her own line or is involved in the creation of the products she's to endorse. Why be that involved if all you're out for is the pay up?

Plus, if it was all about the money do you really think she'd still be playing now? She's made it clear that even though she's clearly a smart businesswoman, her tennis career comes first to her. If she was some money-seeking mongrel it wouldn't be that way.

And what she does with her spare time is really none of my business, and I couldn't care less. It's nice to see that she's doing some good as far as the Chernobyl relief is concerned, but other than that I have no opinion whatsoever. I haven't tried Sugarpova, and I won't go out of my way to buy it because I'm a fan of her tennis more than anything else.

Nicolás89
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Her candy is far from being cheap. :shrug:

Selling it at a high proce is even more greedy. :lol:

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:33 AM

Yes, and putting her own money in that project is also a really greedy move...:rolleyes:

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:41 AM

It's only available in select shops in select countries (if I'm not mistaken). You'd think a greedy individual would want it to be available to the masses :lol:

Charlatan
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Even Sarin stans don't refer Martha as a thing of the past :hysteric:

Jimmie is amazingly amusing :worship:

Dominic
Dec 10th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Is that Jimmie guy for real? Like anyone here wouldn't associate their name to candy to make millions of dollars :lol:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/Skyblue101/ScreenShot2012-12-09at105107PM.png

Start da Game
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:07 AM
this thread is a joke......one fluke match(2004 wimbledon final) does not account for anybody's peak......azarenka actually registered two wins over sharapova in slams in sharapova's slam winning year......

vika stood between sharapova and what would have been the best season of her career winning 2 slams......

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Brad[le]y :sobbing:

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:12 AM
this thread is a joke......one fluke match(2004 wimbledon final) does not account for anybody's peak......azarenka actually registered two wins over sharapova in slams in sharapova's slam winning year......

vika stood between sharapova and what would have been the best season of her career winning 2 slams......

I don't think anyone consider sharapova's peak her wimbledon 2004 :shrug:. Nobody is denying that Vika played better than Sharapova THIS YEAR but a year doesn't make a career and if THIS is Vika's peak (which I don't really think so, hope not) I'm sorry but the Sharapova who won the AO in 2008 or Sharapova who won the USO in 2006 would trash her.

bandabou
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Well she has a title and 2 QFs. You might consider her ahead of Sharapova in term on Grass court result but I wouldn't be so sure. Anyway, 3rd best player on grass court at the very least is far from bad and you can't really say she will never win a title on fast court again. That's why I said that anyway. If you wanna argue on what is better, 2 finals or 1 title, it's up to you but it's not the point lol.

It is..if you're arguing that she had the second best results on grass after Serena, no?! :shrug:

Doesn't matter either way, so nah..it's cool. :lol:

doomsday
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I don't think anyone consider sharapova's peak her wimbledon 2004 :shrug:. Nobody is denying that Vika played better than Sharapova THIS YEAR but a year doesn't make a career and if THIS is Vika's peak (which I don't really think so, hope not) I'm sorry but the Sharapova who won the AO in 2006 or Sharapova who won the USO in 2008 would trash her.

It's was the other way around but yeah definitely agree about everything.

Chrissie-fan
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:31 AM
It's (at least in my case) not a matter of supporting or cringing. Let's just say that I find it amusing. It's not as though she's selling hand guns, it's just candy - who cares? But perhaps she will one day get into the Maria bananas or orangepova business for compensation. :)

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:29 PM
y.;22570516']http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc470/Skyblue101/ScreenShot2012-12-09at105107PM.png

Dear god... I know you have no life but did you seriously crawl through my posts all the way to April (!!!) to find something that could be viewed as vaguely incriminating? :haha: :facepalm:

Jesus...I feel sorry for you now :) You actually helped me make an important point as most of you trolls usually blame me that I`m a fan of Vika because of her success.. which as this posting proves is no true at all as she won her slam and was #1 for three months at this point :)

I've never claimed to have always been Vika's biggest fan, I've always liked her and defended her but It wasn't until this year that I really warmed up to her on a personal level and personal affection is the only reason I root for players. So I will never root for your charisma-free PR robot, even though you secretly want me to :)

By the way, I don't want to ruin the suspense for you as I'm sure you`re crawling through another 11 months of my postings as we speak :lol: but once you get to January you'll find plenty of my postings defending her in the whole shrieking debate vs. Radwanska. Not that you will be dragging those up because they don't fit your narrative :)

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
It is..if you're arguing that she had the second best results on grass after Serena, no?! :shrug:

Doesn't matter either way, so nah..it's cool. :lol:

as I said I wasn't arguing the spot she was on grass but just stating that she was one of the best on grass. Now is she before or after Kvitova is not really important and is an arguable decision. 2nd or 3rd best on the surface make you one of a contestant for fast court title, that's what I was saying.

bandabou
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
as I said I wasn't arguing the spot she was on grass but just stating that she was one of the best on grass. Now is she before or after Kvitova is not really important and is an arguable decision. 2nd or 3rd best on the surface make you one of a contestant for fast court title, that's what I was saying.

That's something different. Your first statement was that ONLY Serena had better results than Masha on grass, so I corrected you just slightly. It's not debatable..2 finals lost in lopsided fashion < 1 title.

Just my two cents, :wavey:

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
That's something different. Your first statement was that ONLY Serena had better results than Masha on grass, so I corrected you just slightly. It's not debatable..2 finals lost in lopsided fashion < 1 title.

Just my two cents, : wavey:

well 2 finals is better than 1 title, it shows more consistency on the surface. You can't forget that Maria also has a title there, it's not like if she's never won it. If you wanna go into that debate it's up to you but that was not the point.

bandabou
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
well 2 finals is better than 1 title, it shows more consistency on the surface. You can't forget that Maria also has a title there, it's not like if she's never won it. If you wanna go into that debate it's up to you but that was not the point.

A title 8 years ago? You sure wanna bring that up? :unsure:
Right now..at least two players who probably beat Maria on grass when they play their best: Serena and Petra.

But Maria's a contender for sure.

Jane Lane
Dec 10th, 2012, 03:07 PM
http://9thcivic.com/gallery/albums/post/Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif

Good shit, y'all.

unobnoxious Vikastans are becoming an increasingly rare breed round here :o (or maybe the number of Jimmie's posts are misleading me into that impression).

Oh, it's the latter.

NashaMasha
Dec 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Right now..at least two players who probably beat Maria on grass when they play their best: Serena and Petra.

when you bring Serena's red clay titles from the time Before Christ it's ok with you. When it turns to Masha who not only won Wimbledon later than Serena RG but managed to get as close to the title as get in Final recently (+final at Olympics at the same Venue) - that's irrelevant for you ....

Double standards

only Serena is a an obstacle for Masha on grass, but for whom isn't she an unovercomebale obstacle? ,As for Petra, Masha can play with her and chances on grass are at least 50/50 now...

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM

It's not like she's done nothing on grass since winning Wimbledon. A final and two semis since is nothing to scoff at :shrug:

when you bring Serena's red clay titles from the time Before Christ it's ok with you. When it turns to Masha who not only won Wimbledon later than Serena RG but managed to get as close to the title as get in Final recently (+final at Olympics at the same Venue) - that's irrelevant for you ....

Double standards

only Serena is a an obstacle for Masha on grass, but for whom isn't she an unovercomebale obstacle? ,As for Petra, Masha can play with her and chances on grass are at least 50/50 now...

:hysteric:

bandabou
Dec 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM

Double standards

I only stated that Maria hasn't had the second best results on grass. All I stated.

As for closer to winning a Wimbledon, Serena's a firmer grip on Wimbledon than anybody has on RG, soo...:shrug:

StoneRose
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM

Double standards

only Serena is a an obstacle for Masha on grass, but for whom isn't she an unovercomebale obstacle? ,As for Petra, Masha can play with her and chances on grass are at least 50/50 now...Where did you get that idea? She lost to Lisicki last year :confused:. In form Petra and Vika (and apparently Lisicki :lol:) may both be too much for her on this surface, maybe we'll know more after this year's Wimbledon.

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Where did you get that idea? She lost to Lisicki last year :confused:. In form Petra and Vika (and apparently Lisicki :lol:) may both be too much for her on this surface, maybe we'll know more after this year's Wimbledon.

I really want to see Azarenka and Sharapova play on grass, mostly because I have no idea who has the edge. Azarenka's ability to redirect pace will be an asset, as will her underrated net ability, but Maria has a bigger, more reliable serve and more overall firepower. Hopefully they play at Wimbledon next season.

StoneRose
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I really want to see Azarenka and Sharapova play on grass, mostly because I have no idea who has the edge. Azarenka's ability to redirect pace will be an asset, as will her underrated net ability, but Maria has a bigger, more reliable serve and more overall firepower. Hopefully they play at Wimbledon next season.It's an interesting matchup, not so easy to call.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Dear god... I know you have no life but did you seriously crawl through my posts all the way to April (!!!) to find something that could be viewed as vaguely incriminating? :haha: :facepalm:

Jesus...I feel sorry for you now :) You actually helped me make an important point as most of you trolls usually blame me that I`m a fan of Vika because of her success.. which as this posting proves is no true at all as she won her slam and was #1 for three months at this point :)

I've never claimed to have always been Vika's biggest fan, I've always liked her and defended her but It wasn't until this year that I really warmed up to her on a personal level and personal affection is the only reason I root for players. So I will never root for your charisma-free PR robot, even though you secretly want me to :)

By the way, I don't want to ruin the suspense for you as I'm sure you`re crawling through another 11 months of my postings as we speak :lol: but once you get to January you'll find plenty of my postings defending her in the whole shrieking debate vs. Radwanska. Not that you will be dragging those up because they don't fit your narrative :)

Honey I just happened to remember that post and thought it was funny how you have become her fan just because of her success and seemed to have abandoned Karolina. And if you knew anything about that 'debate,' you would know that it had nothing to do with her shriek :lol:

Also I'm not even that big of her fan, I just think you saying she has no personality, is a bitch, and I think I remember you calling her a whore etc. is totally irrational.

Jimmie48
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:39 PM
y.;22572156']Honey I just happened to remember that post ..

Right, you just so happened to remember a random post I made 8 months ago... :lol: :lol:

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Right, you just so happened to remember a random post I made 8 months ago... :lol: :lol:

In his defense you were praising a match between two players you apparently didn't like all that much, and that is a rarity around here :lol:

Dominic
Dec 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM

Double standards

:lol: IKR

Vincey!
Dec 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I only stated that Maria hasn't had the second best results on grass. All I stated.

As for closer to winning a Wimbledon, Serena's a firmer grip on Wimbledon than anybody has on RG, soo...:shrug:

Well you still have not giving me or anyone a proof that Petra has had better result than Maria on Grass. Maria has 1 title 2 finals (1 being Olympics) couple of SFs. Petra has 1 title and 2 QFs (one being Olympics). Sorry but Those reasults are more inclined to put Maria ahead. Even if you consider only the last couple years, Maria has 2 finals and 1 4th rd while Petra has 1 title and 2 QFs. Which put them even in the total of matches won on grass in the last 2 years. If you wanna find out who has the edge you'd have to look at older results which give a clear edge to Maria with 2 SFs and 1 Title :shrug:. If that doesn't convince you, it'd be easy to say that Kvitova's win at wimbledon was kind of a fluke cuz she failed to back that result this year in not only Grass court tournaments (remember she got 2 chances to do well this year) but any other tournaments losing in SF to Sharapova in her best 2 slams this year.

LUVMIRZA
Dec 10th, 2012, 10:34 PM
http://9thcivic.com/gallery/albums/post/Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif

Good shit, y'all.

Oh, it's the latter.

This:spit: And dsanders calling Vika fans obnoxious is the joke of the year:lol:

LUVMIRZA
Dec 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Maria gets all the lame wins in this H2H:lol:

Shafanovic.
Dec 11th, 2012, 01:49 AM

Double standards

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/5/59/Quinn_Crying.gif

nfl46
Dec 11th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Maria.

But not sure if we've seen peak Vika yet.

Layabout
Dec 11th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Vika's game is better than Maria's game in every aspect bar the serve, peak Vika wins.

Vartan
Dec 11th, 2012, 02:31 AM
:lol: but the serve.

The Witch-king
Dec 11th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I had no idea there was a difference between Vika and Maria fans
They're all just cyrillic usernames and broken english to me :lol:

bandabou
Dec 11th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Well you still have not giving me or anyone a proof that Petra has had better result than Maria on Grass. Maria has 1 title 2 finals (1 being Olympics) couple of SFs. Petra has 1 title and 2 QFs (one being Olympics). Sorry but Those reasults are more inclined to put Maria ahead. Even if you consider only the last couple years, Maria has 2 finals and 1 4th rd while Petra has 1 title and 2 QFs. Which put them even in the total of matches won on grass in the last 2 years. If you wanna find out who has the edge you'd have to look at older results which give a clear edge to Maria with 2 SFs and 1 Title :shrug:. If that doesn't convince you, it'd be easy to say that Kvitova's win at wimbledon was kind of a fluke cuz she failed to back that result this year in not only Grass court tournaments (remember she got 2 chances to do well this year) but any other tournaments losing in SF to Sharapova in her best 2 slams this year.

Maria's the better player right now..but on grass? I think Petra vs Masha h2h, Petra wins..Maria's posted some consistent results, but I think everybody is in agreement that Petra on grass is more fearsome than Masha.

Lachy
Dec 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Maria's the better player right now..but on grass? I think Petra vs Masha h2h, Petra wins..Maria's posted some consistent results, but I think everybody is in agreement that Petra on grass is more fearsome than Masha.

Currently? or at her PEAK?

bandabou
Dec 11th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Currently? or at her PEAK?

Currently..and I think at her peak Petra will go down as the better grasscourter of the generation after Serena/Venus.

doomsday
Dec 11th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I agree. At their peaks, Petra would handily beat Martha on grass and indoors.

Yeah right :lol:
Maria from YEC 06/07 would rip Petra apart you've got be trolling.

Layabout
Dec 11th, 2012, 10:26 AM

Seriously? Highly doubt that, when in 'peak' form Petra hits way more winners off the ground than Maria

bandabou
Dec 11th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Indoors?! I wouldn't say rip apart, but she could make a match of it..on grass? No hope.

doomsday
Dec 11th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Seriously? Highly doubt that, when in 'peak' form Petra hits way more winners off the ground than Maria

It would simply be a different story against Peak Pova I think we've seen this enough times this year and Maria is nowhere near her peak.

doomsday
Dec 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Indoors?! I wouldn't say rip apart, but she could make a match of it..on grass? No hope.

On indoors I'm firmly convinced that Maria's peak is too good for anyone other than Peak Serena, Henin and Venus.
On grass yes Maria from 2004 would make a match of it but this one, not so sure I agree.

jameshazza
Dec 11th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I think the Maria that showed up this year at OG could definitely take on this year's Petra at both Wimbledon and OG. Current Petra was far from the form she was in in '10/'11.
I would probably give Petra of '10/'11 the edge on grass although this year at OG was the first time in a while Maria didn't play clay court tennis on a grass court, so I would like to see a match where Maria is playing proper grass court tennis vs Kvitova playing her best on the surface.

I would definitely give the edge to Maria indoors. No question.

NashaMasha
Dec 11th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Where did you get that idea? She lost to Lisicki last year :confused:. In form Petra and Vika (and apparently Lisicki :lol:) may both be too much for her on this surface, maybe we'll know more after this year's Wimbledon.

She already revenged vs Lisicki at Olympics, the only reason why she lost at Wimbledon was her clay season-oriented training she just didn't managed to adjust her game to grass surface quick

As for Petra , she isn't anywhere close to her 2011's form and doing too much errors through the whole 2012 season and there are no preconditions that it's going to change in 2013, what is more Masha now knows how to play with her , because at Wimbledon 2011 her tactics vs Petra was the worst possible , now she knows what is in Petra's comfort zone and what isn't

Hogsted is a clever coach , he managed to figure out right tactics vs most dangerous players apart from Serena , i mean Petra and Li

PS: Sharapova from 2005 would have beaten Petra in any form, Petra is not Venus , she is neither faster nor more athletic than peak Pova and even her serve in 2011 is nowhere close to peak Masha's serve (both 1st and 2nd)

HRHoliviasmith
Dec 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I had no idea there was a difference between Vika and Maria fans
They're all just cyrillic usernames and broken english to me :lol:

:lol: :lol::lol:

You will not shade Vika fans! :fiery:

bandabou
Dec 11th, 2012, 03:41 PM
On indoors I'm firmly convinced that Maria's peak is too good for anyone other than Peak Serena, Henin and Venus.
On grass yes Maria from 2004 would make a match of it but this one, not so sure I agree.

Would be a good match...and Masha wins probably. Can see it happen.

Dominic
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Vika's game is better than Maria's game in every aspect bar the serve, peak Vika wins.

Have you ever seen them play? Peak Maria does everything better than peak Vika except net play and defense.

Monzanator
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM

Why do you bother with any secret cringes of Sharapova fans? :shrug: Obviously you're so obsessed with Sharapova you can't even ignore her fans let alone the player itself. But you're not the first not the last poster here who pretends he doesn't give a damn about this greedy bitch, yet posts in almost every single thread about her :lol: And it's because of people like you, die-hard haters, who fuel the attention around this money whore and make her such a stand out figure among bunch of other player whom nobody really cares about for a change. Only the most important players in any sport can create such a stir and apart from Serena and Wozniacki nobody even gets close to the attention Sharapova gets. Whether it's justified makes no difference.

The answer to that is very simple. Most of the WTA players come from a wealthy background, they don't need to earn as much and can afford to lay back the money milking. Sharapova is rich as hell now but if someone told Yuri when he was fleeing towards Syberia that his daughter would become the most paid female athlete in 20 years time nobody would believe you. You don't understand poverty - in relative terms - if you hadn't tasted it. And you'll never want to go back once you've started making the real money. And that is why Sharapova is doing it IMO. To get rid of the wretched past of Siberian forests. Too much drama? Life is full of it. It's a similar case with WS, just replace Siberia with Negro prejudice.

HRHoliviasmith
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Why do you bother with any secret cringes of Sharapova fans? :shrug: Obviously you're so obsessed with Sharapova you can't even ignore her fans let alone the player itself. But you're not the first not the last poster here who pretends he doesn't give a damn about this greedy bitch, yet posts in almost every single thread about her :lol: And it's because of people like you, die-hard haters, who fuel the attention around this money whore and make her such a stand out figure among bunch of other player whom nobody really cares about for a change. Only the most important players in any sport can create such a stir and apart from Serena and Wozniacki nobody even gets close to the attention Sharapova gets. Whether it's justified makes no difference.

The answer to that is very simple. Most of the WTA players come from a wealthy background, they don't need to earn as much and can afford to lay back the money milking. Sharapova is rich as hell now but if someone told Yuri when he was fleeing towards Syberia that his daughter would become the most paid female athlete in 20 years time nobody would believe you. You don't understand poverty - in relative terms - if you hadn't tasted it. And you'll never want to go back once you've started making the real money. And that is why Sharapova is doing it IMO. To get rid of the wretched past of Siberian forests. Too much drama? Life is full of it. It's a similar case with WS, just replace Siberia with Negro prejudice.

Negro...? educated people still use this as a description? in the 21st century? :unsure: i'm just asking.

Monzanator
Dec 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Negro...? educated people still use this as a description? in the 21st century? :unsure: i'm just asking.

The word hasn't been outlawed, you know. And since I live in a country where the black people are vast minority and all expatriants from all over the world i have no idea what's the correct word to describe a black person without being called a racist. Hell, I've been called many different things and even if I said about Serena as being a black person that would still prove me being a racist :wavey:

Monzanator
Dec 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM

Which means you should be concentrating on Azarenka but you just can't seem to let go of Sharapova anyway? I really wonder why? Do you enjoy Sharapova losses more than Azarenka wins (against other players). I suspect you do and that's all I need to know :lol: Spare me the answer though.

Zero. I fully accept the fact Azarenka has blown by, humiliated and destroyed Sharapova and will go down as the most one-sided rivalry ever seen in WTA. Almost a shame Serena still rides her streak but you'll find a proper excuse for that as well. It's a real pleasure talking to you and I wonder what other reasons to bash Sharapova you can find? We've gone through surfaces, rivals, money, greed and even a bag of candies here and I just wonder what comes next? :worship:

Jimmie48
Dec 11th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Which means you should be concentrating on Azarenka but you just can't seem to let go of Sharapova anyway? I really wonder why? Do you enjoy Sharapova losses more than Azarenka wins (against other players). I suspect you do and that's all I need to know :lol: Spare me the answer though.

I can honestly say that I have never watched a full set let alone a match that did involve Sharapova but none of my faves. I didn't watch her RG final, I didn't even watch her finals against Serena this year because I simply don't give a shit.

And believe me, I would love to ignore her but it's pretty much impossible because her obnoxious stans are everywhere, crowding up the topics that deal with my favorite players (the Vika/Bubka thread is a good example).

Dominic
Dec 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I can honestly say that I have never watched a full set let alone a match that did involve Sharapova but none of my faves. I didn't watch her RG final, I didn't even watch her finals against Serena this year because I simply don't give a shit.

You don't give a shit but all you can talk about is her :lol:

doomsday
Dec 11th, 2012, 09:57 PM
You don't give a shit but all you can talk about is her :lol:

Even in a useless thread like snickers vs Sugarpova you can find him trolling and baiting :lol:

Sugarpova on the other I expect to taste like the cheapest kind of candy you can buy, they`ve probably but all kinds of cheap crap in there to maximize her profit margin :lol:

Jimmie48
Dec 11th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Even in a useless thread like snickers vs Sugarpova you can find him trolling and baiting :lol:

I know I mentioned obnoxious stans but that dosen't necessarily mean that I was calling you... I see how you got confused though.

Leo St
Dec 11th, 2012, 10:11 PM
It would simply be a different story against Peak Pova I think we've seen this enough times this year and Maria is nowhere near her peak.

wait..

doomsday
Dec 11th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I know I mentioned obnoxious stans but that dosen't necessarily mean that I was calling you... I see how you got confused though.

:lol: that was funny.

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM

Guesswork. Tell me, what about Azarenka's tennis could possibly get better than it did this year? :shrug:

You're talking about one who won one slam this year (just like Azarenka), is only #2 behind Azarenka and only had a 2% less in overall winning percentage for the year.

You acknowledge that Maria's not at her peak, and she is still only marginally behind peak Azarenka. In some way you're actually complimenting Maria there :oh:.

StoneRose
Dec 12th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Guesswork. Tell me, what about Azarenka's tennis could possibly get better than it did this year? :shrug:

You're talking about one who won one slam this year (just like Azarenka), is only #2 behind Azarenka and only had a 2% less in overall winning percentage for the year.

You acknowledge that Maria's not at her peak, and she is still only marginally behind peak Azarenka. In some way you're actually complimenting Maria there :oh:.No he didn't say that, he thinks Vika is not peak right now, peak still to come (Serve can obviously be improved to mention one thing). No problem for me complimenting Maria, she did well this year. However it's doubtful if she will ever reach peak again, if not she'll run into multiple problems from here on. Apart from Serena, Vika HC will be too much if she doesn't reach that elusive peak. Other players are improving too.

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 12th, 2012, 01:55 AM
No he didn't say that, he thinks Vika is not peak right now, peak still to come (Serve can obviously be improved to mention one thing). No problem for me complimenting Maria, she did well this year. However it's doubtful if she will ever reach peak again, if not she'll run into multiple problems from here on. Apart from Serena, Vika HC will be too much if she doesn't reach that elusive peak. Other players are improving too.
When I said 'peak Azarenka' there I meant we can only go on the present and at the moment 2012 is peak Azarenka ;)

LH2HBH
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Vika has her number now but would never beat 2004-2006 Maria that had a teenage body and moved well despite her height and served consistently well, hitting aces and 2nd serve winners and played fearlessly.

As a Maria fan, I am happy to see her in the Top 3 but really she is still not like this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=664HFmSgE3c

I've even showed a match where she loses to SW - but plays so well.

Vincey!
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:22 AM
You mean their H2H on grass? Where they played only 1 time? Where Petra played at a level she never reached again? Yes I mean you're right if Petra would ever play like that again and Maria still be playing out of confidence, Petra may be able to beat her again. That's a lot of "if"s tho. If we go solely by both players stats and even overall H2H Maria is the better player, even on grass. Maria has loss 3 sets in 5 matches (not counting the retirement) against Petra...I don't see much of a debate here. The only thing that makes you think that Petra has a chance is the one time they played on grass Petra won, but you need to understand that one tournament doesn't make the general habit of a player, it was also the only win over Maria that Petra has.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:34 AM
You mean their H2H on grass? Where they played only 1 time? Where Petra played at a level she never reached again? Yes I mean you're right if Petra would ever play like that again and Maria still be playing out of confidence, Petra may be able to beat her again. That's a lot of "if"s tho. If we go solely by both players stats and even overall H2H Maria is the better player, even on grass. Maria has loss 3 sets in 5 matches (not counting the retirement) against Petra...I don't see much of a debate here. The only thing that makes you think that Petra has a chance is the one time they played on grass Petra won, but you need to understand that one tournament doesn't make the general habit of a player, it was also the only win over Maria that Petra has.

How so, she didn't reach it? She gave Serena a better match than Maria did this year and it can be argued that it is MARIA that didn't reach the level she reached last year.yeah she reached the Olympics finals, but who did she beat, that she wasn't supposed to beat? :shrug:

On grass, right now..Petra's more scary ( because if she catches fire, it's goodnight..) than Maria, because Maria is what she is..

doomsday
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
How so, she didn't reach it? She gave Serena a better match than Maria did this year and it can be argued that it is MARIA that didn't reach the level she reached last year.yeah she reached the Olympics finals, but who did she beat, that she wasn't supposed to beat? :shrug:

It doesn't mean anything. Maria beat Kirilenko 2 and 3 while Kirilenko defeated Kvitova please :help:
And Lisicki had beaten Maria just 2 weeks before OG so, and we saw that it wasn't that easy since Lisicki was really playing well and very confident.

On grass, right now..Petra's more scary ( because if she catches fire, it's goodnight..) than Maria, because Maria is what she is..

No she isn't, not when you see her losing to the likes of Kirilenko.
It's way too easy to use "if" and it can work with every player not only Kvitova you know.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:03 AM
It doesn't mean anything. Maria beat Kirilenko 2 and 3 while Kirilenko defeated Kvitova please :help:
And Lisicki had beaten Maria just 2 weeks before OG so, and we saw that it wasn't that easy since Lisicki was really playing well and very confident.

No she isn't, not when you see her losing to the likes of Kirilenko.

Maria lost to Kirilenko sometime at the Oz open too, no? As defending champ, no less.
Stuff like that happen..but I guess we'll see how it goes. Petra needs to get her act together, otherwise..:lol:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Maria lost to Kirilenko sometime at the Oz open too, no? As defending champ, no less.
Stuff like that happen..but I guess we'll see how it goes. Petra needs to get her act together, otherwise..:lol:

Maria was the defending champ of the '09 AO, which she didn't play. Not that it's important to the point you were making though :lol:

doomsday
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM

:facepalm: So what ? This has nothing to do with it :lol: we're not talking about Maria's level back in 2010 but right now btw I'm pretty sure that she wasn't THE defending champ, your fave was.

Yeah stuff like this happen but when you're trying to put Kvitova's level very high when we know that she lost to Kirilenko on grass, that's not gonna work.
Beside I think we're all aware that Lisicki is a bigger threat on grass than Kirilenko will ever be.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
:facepalm: So what ? This has nothing to do with it :lol: we're not talking about Maria's level back in 2010 but right now btw I'm pretty sure that she wasn't THE defending champ, your fave was.

No, just saying..oh was it in '10?! :lol: Okay..point still stands.

Yeah stuff like this happen but when you're trying to put Kvitova's level very high when we know that she lost to Kirilenko on grass, that's not gonna work.
Beside I think we're all aware that Lisicki is a bigger threat on grass than Kirilenko will ever be.

And the Petra who lost to Kirilenko is peak Petra?! :shrug: Maria's the only one whose losses when she's slumping shouldn't held against?! :lol: Ah the Mashatards.

Lisicki might be a greater threat than Kirilenko for MASHA..it's about match-ups.

doomsday
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Lisicki might be a greater threat than Kirilenko for MASHA..it's about match-ups.

Which cancels the point you were trying to make earlier when you said that Kvitova gave a tougher match to Serena than Maria did.
Like you said it's all about match-up and so far Maria ain't an easy one for Kvitova, already 0-3 down this season and 1-4 overall.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Which cancels the point you were trying to make earlier when you said that Kvitova gave a tougher match to Serena than Maria did.
Like you said it's all about match-up and so far Maria ain't an easy one for Kvitova, already 0-3 down this season and 1-4 overall.

Yep...good wins, oz open and rg. Now onto the grass. ;)

madmax
Dec 12th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Yep...good wins, oz open and rg. Now onto the grass. ;)

are you still clinging onto that fluke Wimby win for KvittyGOAT?:lol: Bish please, Maria owns that erratic ass whenever she plays at least decent tennis. The likes of Kirilenko and Radwanska have much better chances of beating Maria than this slow ballbasher with erratic game...Maria NEVER had trouble with the likes of Kvitty in her career:wavey:

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 12:46 PM
are you still clinging onto that fluke Wimby win for KvittyGOAT?:lol: Bish please, Maria owns that erratic ass whenever she plays at least decent tennis. The likes of Kirilenko and Radwanska have much better chances of beating Maria than this slow ballbasher with erratic game...Maria NEVER had trouble with the likes of Kvitty in her career:wavey:

Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?! :shrug:
Not saying Petra's the better player, but that on particular surface GRASS, she might be better..

MS17
Dec 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?! :shrug:
Not saying Petra's the better player, but that on particular surface GRASS, she might be better..

this is just wrong !!
:help:

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 01:31 PM
this is just wrong !!
:help:

:lol: but still true...

MS17
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
^what truth :lol:!! its a problem really if you believe of this :rolleyes:

from your point serena's roland garros is a fluke too bcuz she has only one title there and you and me know this is not true so your point isnt correct !!!

back on topic ..
Maria's peak is stonger than what we've seen from Vika so far ..
So Maria ofc ..

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:07 PM
^what truth :lol:!! its a problem really if you believe of this :rolleyes:

from your point serena's roland garros is a fluke too bcuz she has only one title there and you and me know this is not true so your point isnt correct !!!

back on topic ..
Maria's peak is stonger than what we've seen from Vika so far ..
So Maria ofc ..

:lol: what r u talking about? I only said that it's true that they both have one Wimbledon..:shrug:

Madmax was the one talking about flukes.:shrug:

MS17
Dec 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
:lol: what r u talking about? I only said that it's true that they both have one Wimbledon..:shrug:

Madmax was the one talking about flukes.:shrug:

no !
you said this 'Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?! '

so you are the one who start the comparison between them as a fluke bcuz they have only one title there :o !

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 03:04 PM
no !
you said this 'Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?! '

so you are the one who start the comparison between them as a fluke bcuz they have only one title there :o !

So how r u gonna label a 21 player who's just starting her career as a fluke when she already has as many titles at the venue as a player who's 25 years old and has been around longer? :shrug:

And the Serena comparison at RG..well, since Serena won the other three majors at least FOUR times each ( only Graf, Court, Wills Moody have done this), soo..:lol:

Vincey!
Dec 12th, 2012, 04:15 PM

On grass, right now..Petra's more scary ( because if she catches fire, it's goodnight..) than Maria, because Maria is what she is.. Maria beat Peer, Robson, Lisicki, Clijsters, Kirilenko, to get to the olympics final....Kvitova beat Glatch, Keothavong, Vinci, Wickmayer, pironkova and Azarenka to beat Sharapova in the final of Wimbledon....in terms of quality opponent both had pretty similar players beaten. Saying that Kvitova gave a better match to Serena than Sharapova is so irrelevant lol. Ivanovic had a better scoreline against Kirilenko this year than Kvitova...does that mean Ivanovic is better than Kvitova?? I mean that might explain her loss to Kirilenko in the Olympics...but wait Sharapova beat Kirilenko at those exact olympics therefore with your logic doesn't this make Sharapova an automatic better player on grass than Kvitova??

Oh well considering Petra had 2 chances to prove herself again after her triumph at the All England Club I'd say (for now) she hasn't proven that she can get back to that level and be such a threat again even on grass. She only made the QFs both times and one was losing to Kirilenko?? While in the next two years that Sharapova played at the All Englend Club she reached the SFs and lost to the eventual champions each years. Since then Sharapova has also made 2 finals. Maria's run at Wimbledon cannot be considered a fluke, while Kvitova's run is still to be determined.

NashaMasha
Dec 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM
So how r u gonna label a 21 player who's just starting her career as a fluke when she already has as many titles at the venue as a player who's 25 years old and has been around longer?

you are a walking epic fail from one thread to another .

1) Kvitova is 22 and she is 22 even longer than Masha is 25
2)W, F, 2SF are still better results than W,SF, QF

And the Serena comparison at RG..well, since Serena won the other three majors at least FOUR times each ( only Graf, Court, Wills Moody have done this), soo.

Graf won all 4 at least 4 times each! 3 majors four times -impressive , but as that much as Graf's record (Court and Graf won 3 majors at least 5 times each +4 time

Both Serena and Federer should try to add one more RG title to join elite group of Evert, Navratilova, Court , Laver,Emerson - players who won all 4 at least twice

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Maria beat Peer, Robson, Lisicki, Clijsters, Kirilenko, to get to the olympics final....Kvitova beat Glatch, Keothavong, Vinci, Wickmayer, pironkova and Azarenka to beat Sharapova in the final of Wimbledon....in terms of quality opponent both had pretty similar players beaten. Saying that Kvitova gave a better match to Serena than Sharapova is so irrelevant lol. Ivanovic had a better scoreline against Kirilenko this year than Kvitova...does that mean Ivanovic is better than Kvitova?? I mean that might explain her loss to Kirilenko in the Olympics...but wait Sharapova beat Kirilenko at those exact olympics therefore with your logic doesn't this make Sharapova an automatic better player on grass than Kvitova??

Only major champ on the list, Clijsters..and contrast that to Pironkova ( just took Vee out), Sharapova a former champ. But okay..:lol:

Sharapova has a better resume right now on grass, that's true.

Oh well considering Petra had 2 chances to prove herself again after her triumph at the All England Club I'd say (for now) she hasn't proven that she can get back to that level and be such a threat again even on grass. She only made the QFs both times and one was losing to Kirilenko?? While in the next two years that Sharapova played at the All Englend Club she reached the SFs and lost to the eventual champions each years. Since then Sharapova has also made 2 finals. Maria's run at Wimbledon cannot be considered a fluke, while Kvitova's run is still to be determined.

For Petra to build her resume, yep..she's gonna need more time.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
you are a walking epic fail from one thread to another .

1) Kvitova is 22 and she is 22 even longer than Masha is 25
2)W, F, 2SF are still better results than W,SF, QF

she's longer than Masha is 25?! Maria's still been around in tennis longer, no?! :shrug:

Sure qua resume Maria's ahead. I only am saying that to me Petra vs Masha on grass, I think Petra has the bigger weapons..but that means peak Petra obviously.

NashaMasha
Dec 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM
she's longer than Masha is 25?! Maria's still been around in tennis longer, no?! :shrug:

Sure qua resume Maria's ahead. I only am saying that to me Petra vs Masha on grass, I think Petra has the bigger weapons..but that means peak Petra obviously.

Maris can't do anything with the fact that she was competitive vs the best players since teenager age.

As for peak vs peak , Petra will have more chances, but not because her peak is higher , but because for Masha it's harder to improve her game to the level of her best years and for Petra it's still possible

Vincey!
Dec 12th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Only major champ on the list, Clijsters..and contrast that to Pironkova ( just took Vee out), Sharapova a former champ. But okay..:lol:

Sharapova has a better resume right now on grass, that's true.

For Petra to build her resume, yep..she's gonna need more time.

LOL seriously? You're comparing Clijsters to Pironkova now?
Yes Petra needs to build up her resume, but if we'd compare only Sharapova's defending champ year at Wimbledon to Kvitova's sharapova has proven herself more consistent already. I get that Kvitova was really hyped after Wimbledon last year, but she's yet to back it up with any kind of results and if I would have to pick one player who seems to be able to be on a good way to have a really dominant H2H against kvitova, I'd pick Sharapova. Already 4-2 (4-1 if you don't count the ret.) and their matches were getting easier and easier. Oh and BTW Kvitova is 22 not 21 like you said...

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM
LOL seriously? You're comparing Clijsters to Pironkova now?
Yes Petra needs to build up her resume, but if we'd compare only Sharapova's defending champ year at Wimbledon to Kvitova's sharapova has proven herself more consistent already. I get that Kvitova was really hyped after Wimbledon last year, but she's yet to back it up with any kind of results and if I would have to pick one player who seems to be able to be on a good way to have a really dominant H2H against kvitova, I'd pick Sharapova. Already 4-2 (4-1 if you don't count the ret.) and their matches were getting easier and easier. Oh and BTW Kvitova is 22 not 21 like you said...

4-1..and how many of those are on grass? We're talking about GRASS. Petra vs Maria on grass. Just like Rafa vs Roger..Rafa leads the h2h too, but a match indoors...you'd still pick Roger over Nadal, no?! :shrug: On other surfaces Maria wins no problem..but this isn't even set in stone. Just my feeling, based on what I saw from Petra in '11, but obviously she hasn't backed it up since.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Maris can't do anything with the fact that she was competitive vs the best players since teenager age.

As for peak vs peak , Petra will have more chances, but not because her peak is higher , but because for Masha it's harder to improve her game to the level of her best years and for Petra it's still possible

The myth of Maria's peak is basically based on three/four tournaments...'04 wimby, '06 u.s. open, '07 yec, '08 oz open.

Just two weeks at a time..her peak never lasted much longer. So that's why I think a comparison of '11 Wimby Petra vs Masha CAN be done.

doomsday
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:33 PM
The myth of Maria's peak is basically based on three/four tournaments...'04 wimby, '06 u.s. open, '07 yec, '08 oz open.

Absolutely not :lol: are you serious ? When we're referring to Maria's peak it's between 04 and 08 and whether you believe it or not she was really playing well in many tournaments reaching the QF at least at any tournament especially in 05/06.
The events that you're mentioning are events where Maria reached her ultimate peak though and you forgot many more like YEC 2006 for example.

Just two weeks at a time..her peak never lasted much longer. So that's why I think a comparison of '11 Wimby Petra vs Masha CAN be done.

Again wrong. She really had amazing streaks back in 2006 and 2008.

Vincey!
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
4-1..and how many of those are on grass? We're talking about GRASS. Petra vs Maria on grass. Just like Rafa vs Roger..Rafa leads the h2h too, but a match indoors...you'd still pick Roger over Nadal, no?! :shrug: On other surfaces Maria wins no problem..but this isn't even set in stone. Just my feeling, based on what I saw from Petra in '11, but obviously she hasn't backed it up since.
They played ONE time on grass, only one time! It's ridiculous to pretend Kvitova would automatically beat Maria again if they were to play on grass again solely based on ONE single match where Petra was playing really well and Sharapova was looking for her confidence. I'd always pick Federer over Nadal on every surfaces except Clay even if Rafa is leading on their H2H. That match up on other surface than Clay is on Federer's racquet not on Nadal's. Same thing goes for Maria agaisnt Petra.

LOL you know nothing about Sharapova's career. She peaked at much more tournaments than those. I personally don't even consider her performance during the Wimbledon 2004 her peak. Anyway that being said, Sharapova has at least proved that she can reproduce her "peak" form a few times during her career so far. Kvitova "peaked" during only 2 tournaments within the same 6 months. :shrug: We have no idea if Petra will ever reach that level again, at least Sharapova has proven being able to get back to a level close to her best. Which to me gives Sharapova a clear edge over Kvitova. She's one of the player who has the best H2H against her as well with Serena.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Absolutely not :lol: are you serious ? When we're referring to Maria's peak it's between 04 and 08 and whether you believe it or not she was really playing well in many tournaments reaching the QF at least at any tournament especially in 05/06.
The events that you're mentioning are events where Maria reached her ultimate peak though and you forgot many more like YEC 2006 for example.

I think maybe because even at her peak there was somebody else better than her most of the time, that's why I tend to link it to the tournaments she DID end up being the best.

Again wrong. She really had amazing streaks back in 2006 and 2008.

see above.

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:17 PM
They played ONE time on grass, only one time! It's ridiculous to pretend Kvitova would automatically beat Maria again if they were to play on grass again solely based on ONE single match where Petra was playing really well and Sharapova was looking for her confidence. I'd always pick Federer over Nadal on every surfaces except Clay even if Rafa is leading on their H2H. That match up on other surface than Clay is on Federer's racquet not on Nadal's. Same thing goes for Maria agaisnt Petra.

every match against Petra is on MARIA'S racquet?! :unsure:

LOL you know nothing about Sharapova's career. She peaked at much more tournaments than those. I personally don't even consider her performance during the Wimbledon 2004 her peak. Anyway that being said, Sharapova has at least proved that she can reproduce her "peak" form a few times during her career so far. Kvitova "peaked" during only 2 tournaments within the same 6 months. :shrug: We have no idea if Petra will ever reach that level again, at least Sharapova has proven being able to get back to a level close to her best. Which to me gives Sharapova a clear edge over Kvitova. She's one of the player who has the best H2H against her as well with Serena.

In that regard you're right. The onus is on Petra now to prove that she wasn't a flash in the pan.

Charlatan
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
see above.

see below

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2cdjwoz.jpg

And you're right..the thread is about Serena, so what are the Mashatards doing here?! :lol:

so what exactly are you willyTard doing here?

bandabou
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
see below

Discussin..I didn't derail the thread by talking about people who didn't belong it, no?! :shrug:

Monzanator
Dec 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM

And believe me, I would love to ignore her but it's pretty much impossible because her obnoxious stans are everywhere, crowding up the topics that deal with my favorite players (the Vika/Bubka thread is a good example).

I recommend reading Don Kichot for some eye-opening. Sharapova's obnoxious stans will always crawl from every junkhole you can possibly imagine. You're fighting a war that you can't win unfortunately :hug: Some people have realized that before though and ceased their involvement in Sharapova bashing threads. Either you have a thick skin or I feel sorry for you. And the best part is, Azarenka's real-life scores against Sharapova won't change this stance one bit, just see how many pages each Serena va Maria threads get despite the 8 year streak :lol:

So how r u gonna label a 21 player who's just starting her career as a fluke when she already has as many titles at the venue as a player who's 25 years old and has been around longer? :shrug:

And the Serena comparison at RG..well, since Serena won the other three majors at least FOUR times each ( only Graf, Court, Wills Moody have done this), soo..:lol:

Sharapova's entire career has been one gigantic fluke, what else is there to discuss? :shrug: I thought we've established this long before WTA even heard of Kvitova :D

blistering
Dec 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Maria has been getting better every single year since she's come back. I expect her to keep the momentum going. Serena will be hell to her til the very last day of their professional careers, but it is pretty obvious that nothing has pumped her up more than having a true rival like she has in Azarenka. It's great for her motivation, as well as for women's tennis in general.

Petra will eventually beat Maria again and she'll never be a walk in the park, but Maria enjoys playing against her, had a clear mental hold throughout 2012 and will keep it as such. I think both of them are very much aware of how crucial that AO semi was, not only in their future encounters but for their entire seasons as Kvitova would've definitely won the AO and become #1 had she beaten Maria.

doomsday
Dec 13th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Discussin..I didn't derail the thread by talking about people who didn't belong it, no?! :shrug:

I agree, discussing a lil too much for a non fave fan :lol: but no sign of derailing.
Go play your cop elsewhere sickfalsetto :lol:

TheLegendof
Dec 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM
see below

So clever :rolleyes:

Bandabou has been talking about Maria and other players only in relation to her. If you only want mashatards commenting on your crappy threads, get thee to your forum and do us all a favor.

Dominic
Dec 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I agree, in a way, bandadou's opinion is ridiculously biased but he's not being a troll IMO

Cosmic Voices
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Bye.

Define
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Well, that was unexpected.

iWill
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:34 PM
http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater-gif.gif

malarkist
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:42 PM
another maria thread started by a renatard. is it off season already???

atominside
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:46 PM
:lol:

dsanders06
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:49 PM
:rolls:

atominside
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:51 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=455901

^done just after vika's 2012 aus open win. /thread

Vartan
Jun 17th, 2014, 11:51 PM

Sammo
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Sharapova in 2, all surfaces. We're basically talking about 2008 Pova for the AO, 2012 Pova for RG, 2004-06 Pova for Wimbledon and 2006 Pova for the US open, she would smite peak Azarenka playing like that.

TrollPova
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Original.

DanLovesWTA
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Both are equal! Is impossible to decide!

Cajka
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:25 AM
What a timing. Maria has just won the slam, while Vika is pretty rusty. We've done this before. Peak Maria is a better player, but peak Vika should still be a nightmare match up for her on hardcourts and grass.

goldenlox
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:29 AM
This is the first real test for Vika. Coming back after an injury.
Lets see how she handles this summer & fall, and next January
When you talk peak, the best of Maria, like beating Henin 64 60 & Dementieva 62 60, in a row, was pretty high level. But she can win majors when she's nowhere close to that.

cehowardrx7
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:31 AM
What a timing. Maria has just won the slam, while Vika is pretty rusty. We've done this before. Peak Maria is a better player, but peak Vika should still be a nightmare match up for her on hardcourts and grass.

Spare Me.. Maria just fell into a slam..

When they play again, I am taking all bets, I got Vika.. No matter what the surface... ;)
:angel:

malarkist
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:33 AM

When they play again, I am taking all bets, I got Vika.. No matter what the surface... ;)

if you're so sure about it, why make this thread? and what are you so bitter about?

TrollPova
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:42 AM

When you lose do you promise to purge the bitterness from your orifices?

Cajka
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:47 AM

I thought this was peak vs. peak, not about their next match. And what's your question anyway? WWW or who's the better player at their peak? The answer is not necessarily the same IMO. There's a match up that favors Vika, but the overall peak level favors Masha.

Sarindipity
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:55 AM
another maria thread started by a renatard. is it off season already???

if you're so sure about it, why make this thread? and what are you so bitter about?

You might want to take a look at the OP's avatar to avoid looking like a fool.

Cajka
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:57 AM

threads merged

This (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=44633097&postcount=217) was the first post before the mods intervened.

Sarindipity
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:59 AM
threads merged

Ah, well that explains a lot. I thought the thread was bumped. I retract my former comments.

Smitten
Jun 18th, 2014, 12:59 AM
There's no reason to pick Azarenka.

Lucemferre
Jun 18th, 2014, 01:13 AM
This is the first real test for Vika. Coming back after an injury.
Lets see how she handles this summer & fall, and next January
When you talk peak, the best of Maria, like beating Henin 64 60 & Dementieva 62 60, in a row, was pretty high level. But she can win majors when she's nowhere close to that.

One major. She won one slam without playing her best.

Shifty-Eyed Dog
Jun 18th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Vika is the more talented player, it's obvious. She just needs to adapt to clay.

iWill
Jun 18th, 2014, 01:20 AM

:lol:

UDACHi
Jun 18th, 2014, 01:30 AM

:yeah:

TrollPova
Jun 18th, 2014, 01:37 AM

:tears:

malarkist
Jun 18th, 2014, 02:31 AM

i was seriously gonna waste time to reply to this but i fell asleep. :lol:

Kris Letang
Jun 18th, 2014, 02:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CwuE8Dd.png

;)

HRHoliviasmith
Jun 18th, 2014, 02:46 AM

;)

Gorgeous pic! :yeah:

misterkevab
Jun 18th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Peak Maria, on all surfaces. :)

Kiki4Ever
Jun 18th, 2014, 02:58 AM

;)

Look at the bridesmaid lurking in the background, so much runner-up hardware at the biggest events :sobbing:

hornetsnest
Jun 18th, 2014, 03:02 AM
It depends what you mean. A match with them both playing their absolute best they are capable of the players they are today Azarenka would win, except on clay. A match with them both playing their all time absolute best then Maria would win.

hornetsnest
Jun 18th, 2014, 03:03 AM
y.;22542080']Call me when Azarenka outplays Serena in a slam final and bagels Henin on a 30+ match win streak.

Maybe you have a short memory but Henin was utter shit in all of early 2008. She also lost 6-2, 6-0 to Serena, lost to Schiavone, and lost to Safina. She even lost a set to a player ranked outside the top 100. Azarenka would have beaten that Henin no problem as well, maybe with a bagel set too. There is a reason Henin retired, and it wasnt because she was playing good tennis.

misterkevab
Jun 18th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Maybe you have a short memory but Henin was utter shit in all of early 2008. She also lost 6-2, 6-0 to Serena, lost to Schiavone, and lost to Safina. She even lost a set to a player ranked outside the top 100. Azarenka would have beaten that Henin no problem as well, maybe with a bagel set too. There is a reason Henin retired, and it wasnt because she was playing good tennis.

The AO 2008 QF match between Sharapova and Henin was a competitive one. Maria absolutely played flawless tennis. Azarenka is quite lucky she didn't play Henin on her career.

Smitten
Jun 18th, 2014, 03:46 AM

Justine wasn't complete shit.

Sharapova dropped so many winners on Justine in just 16 games. Azarenka does not have the ability to replicate a performance like that.

She doesn't have enough firepower for someone with the defensive nuances and footspeed of Henin. She's a joke.