PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Herr 18s F: Ana Konjuh (14 y.o.) def. Barbara Haas 6-1 6-1

croat123
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
what a week for ana :eek: up to number 7 in the world at the age of 14!

Barktra
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Croat have amazing teens

Konjuh and Vekic. I feel Konjuh could be better she hits a heavier ball and is consistent

JarkaFish
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Called it.

;)

Hele.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Awesome! :eek: :hearts:

tennismaster8820
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Fantastic tournament for her!
Hopefully she can do well at Orange Bowl as well. :)
It will be so exciting to follow Ana next year.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
A Supernova on the rise. :hearts:

Halepsova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
It's just an Eddie Herr Cup. :o

moodin0931
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
:eek: Ana!! :cheer:

Haas :hug: still a great week for you too :awww:

Jose.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Ana, amazing talent since the U14 Tennis Europe circuits ;) One of the possible grand slam winners for next year :yeah:

Babsi :hug: Great week :D

jj74
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
1997 is a very good year with Konjuh, Bencic and Abanda

iPatty
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
1997 is a very good year with Konjuh, Bencic and Abanda

Ostapenko is up and down in juniors but she is doing quite well in the pros so far.

chingching
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
WD Ana :D
After she struggled tro get past Fridman Sutjiadi and got bagelled first rpound vs some American WC I thought that this trip would have been a waste. Obviously not. This surface seems to suite Eastern Europeans as they have the advantage of Clay which benefits their movement but it is also really fast, like a cross between IH and Clay which are normally their best surfaces :) And Haas has been in great form this week :)
GL at Orange Bowl :)
If someone else is going to steal Anett's crown, Ana is definitely my top choice :D
Ana is very good, but she';s the kind of girl who I don't see improving much further in the sense that she has stopped growing and she already has a game, so unless she can learn more skills, the transition to pros will be difficult :( I hope she makes it :D

Sombrerero loco
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
babsi :spit:

doomsday
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
:lol:

Dan_Doe
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
This surface seems to suite Eastern Europeans as they have the advantage of Clay which benefits their movement but it is also really fast, like a cross between IH and Clay which are normally their best surfaces :) And Haas has been in great form this week :)

And which Eastern European player are you talking about? Because no player from Eastern Europe qualified to the QF and only 2 of them got to the 3rd round :shrug:

iHeartTroyBolton
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Never hears of this girl, but an impressive achievement for sure!

Hele.
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:25 PM
This week this 14-year old girl won Orange Bowl beating on her way to the title number 1 and 2: Townsend and Siniakova! Amazing! :hearts:
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/articles/konjuh-knocks-out-townsend-to-reach-first-ever-grade-a-final.aspx

Halepsova
Dec 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Wait, she's 14? :eek: :bolt:

Jane Lane
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
She'll be 15 in a few weeks, yeah.

18majors
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
It'd be exciting if Ana breaks out like Maria did in 2002-2004 period.

chingching
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
And which Eastern European player are you talking about? Because no player from Eastern Europe qualified to the QF and only 2 of them got to the 3rd round :shrug:

Anett and Yulia, plus Donna last year. Victoria Kan in the past etc.
There weren't many Eastern Europeans in the Draw this year :)
And Siniakova made the finals :shrug:

Dan_Doe
Dec 11th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Anett and Yulia, plus Donna last year. Victoria Kan in the past etc.
There weren't many Eastern Europeans in the Draw this year :)
And Siniakova made the finals :shrug:

Pardon me, but Croatia and Czech Republic are not in Eastern Europe :spit:
Czech Republic is located between Germany, Poland and Austria, if that's in Eastern Europe :oh:
Croatia is right near Italy, neighbor to Hungary and Serbia to the East and even ~ 1000 kilometers west to the middle of Romania, and Romania is not an Eastern Europe country (Southeastern at best :D )

*hingis_forever*
Dec 11th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Pardon me, but Croatia and Czech Republic are not in Eastern Europe :spit:
Czech Republic is located between Germany, Poland and Austria, if that's in Eastern Europe :oh:
Croatia is right near Italy, neighbor to Hungary and Serbia to the East and even ~ 1000 kilometers west to the middle of Romania, and Romania is not an Eastern Europe country (Southeastern at best :D )
Romania is definitely eastern Europe. Croatia and Czech Republic, while being closer to central Europe, are still considered part of eastern Europe.

Dan_Doe
Dec 11th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Romania is definitely eastern Europe. Croatia and Czech Republic, while being closer to central Europe, are still considered part of eastern Europe.

Not according to wikipedia or to my personal knowledge :shrug: or to geography :oh: Seriously, maybe Romania is close to the East and you can call it an Eastern European country, but Czech Republic is exactly in the center of Europe, while Croatia is in the same axis, just some hundreds of kilometers to the south.

njnetswill
Dec 11th, 2012, 02:07 AM
In English, Western and Eastern Europe have political meanings as well as geographic meanings. For most people the terms are still tied to the Cold War-era separation of Europe.

Dan_Doe
Dec 11th, 2012, 02:13 AM
In English, Western and Eastern Europe have political meanings as well as geographic meanings. For most people the terms are still tied to the Cold War-era separation of Europe.

That's true, but my statements were solely geographical, not geopolitical :p

chingching
Dec 11th, 2012, 03:20 AM
I meant politically and geographically :)
Like these countries have a strong Indoor Hard and Clay Court tradition, therefore Green Clay is the best surface :)
Geographically and Politically are different:
E.G. Czech Republic is Geographically central and Politically East
Estonia is Geographically Easy but Politically Scandinavian :)
Also IMO, for tennis Central Europe and Eastern Europe are moulded into one :)

Halepsova
Dec 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Everyone but the Eastern Geographical European themselves consider Czech and Slovakia are Eastern European countries. :oh:
We do categorize your countries in political way. :shrug:

Dan_Doe
Dec 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I am a citizen of a former communist country, you gotta' understand me why do I take it only geographically :oh:

C. Drone
Dec 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM

A whole generation grew up since then, you would think ppl learnt something...