PDA

View Full Version : The Fall Cometh: Victoria Azarenka

Pages : [1] 2

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:03 AM
Haha I know most of you will disagree, but me thinks princess vika will drop out of top 5 next season and possibly top 10. :devil:

Please bump this thread when it happens........... thank you

Shivank17
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Think she'll lose her No.1 spot considering she has so many points to defend early on, but out of Top 5? Don't think so. not next year for sure, IMO.

Drake1980
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:21 AM
:unsure:

coolfish1103
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Losing Top 5 is possible if

1. She keeps on drawing Serena Williams
2. Kerber and Li Na manages to do their best and beat her up
3. Kvitova back on the scene

Top 10 is unrealistic unless

1. Players like Barthel actually closes their game on her
2. Her fitness fails, injuries
3. We have another Errani running around somewhere

NashaMasha
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:28 AM
Haha I know most of you will disagree, but me thinks princess vika will drop out of top 5 next season and possibly top 10. :devil:

if top 10 was like in 5 years ago , you would be right, but now Serena/Sharapova/Azarenka are something like 150 - 10 vs the rest of the tour, there is a huge gap between #1-3 and #4 -#10 , even if Azarenka will be constantly beaten by Serena and Sharapova , she will still be reaching Semis almost on all tournaments (except probably clay)

sweetadri06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:31 AM
She would have to completely lose her mind in order to dropout of the top 10. She is too consistent for that. Can she lose the number one spot? Yes.

JarkaFish
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Of course a Jankovic fanatic can't comprehend the possibility of a World No. 1 that doesn't completely lose her mind.

Stonerpova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Of course a Jankovic fanatic can't comprehend the possibility of a World No. 1 that doesn't completely lose her mind.

Touche :lol:

In all seriousness barring injury and/or psychotic meltdown she'll be at the very worst #4 at the end of next year. She's way too consistent.

b2b
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
:facepalm: the peak this and that barely gone.

my bad. stay away from TF in off season.:angel:

Kuzzy24
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Only if she gets injured and misses the first part of the season

Natural Joe
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:26 AM

:lol:

Now I wonder if anyone has the guts to open the same thread about Serena. That could potentially be the peak (oh how I hate this word) thread of TF off-season. :devil:

The 2nd Law
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
lol no

Royals.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:49 AM
I doubt she'll drop out of the Top 5. She may possibly lose the #1 ranking though as she has a LOAD of points to defend early next year.

Ana'sProcess
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
I don't think she will drop out of top 5, she is not a headcase, but not sure if she is gonna be so powerfull like she was this season. Maybe will be at #3 or #4 at the end of the year.

andyjason
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
I think after AO, Azarenka will lose her No.1 Spot.

Kon.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
She'll be at least top 3 for the entire year I say.

andyjason
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
She'll be at least top 3 for the entire year I say.

She has so many points to defend.

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM

Making a last minute entry to the 2012 fail thread competition I see...

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
^ Just trying to compete with your legacy.....but obviously I can never get close

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM

low blow.....:rolleyes:

I am also a Sharapova fan so I can comprehend the possibility of a World no.1 winning on all surfaces :)

Saraya!
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
I really hope she fall.

SilverSlam
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Lol well i actually agree that she won't have the same amazing success she had this year. It's going to be tough for her to win 26ish matches again as well as defending her maiden slam. We'll have to see how she handles the pressure :shrug: I hope she manages to stay top 3 though, anything less and then yes, the fall will have cometh for her strawy wig.

Kon.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM

Yeah, I know.
I don't think she'll defend all of them and I think she'll lose her #1 at least for a part of the year.
Yet I don't expect her to flop and even if her level drops compared to this year I think that, especially considering her consistency, it will be enough to keep her in the top 3.
Anything can happen but right now I can't imagine 3 players ranked higher than her.
It will be hard to repeat a year like this one but I expect her to have a successful 2013.

Otlichno
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
If so, my prayers at night would not have been in vain.

bandabou
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Fall?! :spit: It's gonna be very tough for her to remain no.1, but right now only Serena and Maria on clay are the player Vika has to worry about, so...:shrug:

MLF
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
She's such a consistent, solid player these days that it's still going to be too much for most of the tour so I'm sure she'll stay top 5 for the season barring injuries or lack of motivation.

Cindy and Kate
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
No way such a strong, fit, consistent and competitive player is going to be beneath the top 3. She enjoys being at the top and, unlike Kvitova, I don´t think she is going to be afraid of the pressure of defending so many points after such a great season . There´s a such huge gap between her and Serena and all the rest.

backhandsmash
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM

The best players usually do. What's your point?

marineblue
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think she'll be able to hold on to her ranking until the end of AO series. I think she'll manage to keep herself in top 5. However, only now she'll feel the pressure of trying to stay at the top. I imagine Serena would not mind seeing herself at no.1 at one last time in her career so she'll have some tough competition.

lenas warriors
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Fail. JJ out the top 40 come the clay:nerner:

Kasey
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Chasing dsanders with that kind of trolling?:o
Lame attempt this time, you're an embarrassement.

C. Drone
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Red letter day every time she drops a place. :drool:

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Red letter day every time she drops a place. :drool:

Don't you spread your filth while having that avatar...

Jose.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
No :o

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Chasing dsanders with that kind of trolling?:o
Lame attempt this time, you're an embarrassement.

haha im not trolling hon, it's called logic :kiss:
vika has alot of points to defend, it is going to be very difficult to sustain the level that she had this year
she has a weight of expectations which may also affect her
add that to the possibility of playing players in form like Serena, Sharapova, Kvitova, Li Na, Sam Stosur, even Wozniacki.......i think dropping out of the top 5 is quite reasonable

Why does everyone have to be so mean? I am such a nice poster....... y'll are just insecure :devil:

C. Drone
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
Don't you spread your filth while having that avatar...

You are right, he is actually nice person unlike your avie. :oh:

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Pressure dosen't bother her much, she has shown that after winning the AO. Instead of slumping she went into a very strong run. She did the same after the Olmpyics which could have caused another disruption of her year..but didn't.

She obviously isn't affected by this much and unless she's getting injured there's no way she's dropping out of the Top 3 next year.

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
You are right, he is actually nice person unlike your avie. :oh:

He's also smart which means he would disapprove of your insane ramblings :oh:

Exordes
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Think she'll lose her No.1 spot considering she has so many points to defend early on, but out of Top 5? Don't think so. not next year for sure, IMO.

Maria Sharapova has also lots of points to defend in the early part of the year 2013. She was a runner-up in Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami in 2012. When Vika is no.1 seeded in those early tournaments, doesn´t it mean in theory that semifinalists would be Vika (1) vs. Aga (4) and Maria (2) vs Serena (3)?

Basically to stay No.1 in January 2013 Vika needs to win Serena Williams in AO Final. It was already close in US Open. She probably needs to play something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLQoVphE6Cg

What comes to the other top 10 or top 20 players, Vika should beat them quite safely. For instance Lucie Safarova made me a bigger impression than Petra Kvitova when the Czechs played against the Serbian sisters in Fed Cup finals.

dsanders06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM

Will people EVER stop with this "points to defend" nonsense?! :happy: It means absolutely NOTHING in real terms. Everyone starts the year with 0 points contributing to their year-end ranking.

dsanders06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
In answer to the OP: Nah. Most of the players who have had such epic downfalls in recent years were uber-defensive players who's matches were never in their hands, and so all it took was for players just to figure out how to play the right/smart way to play them, they didn't even need to play at a high level. Whereas, although Vika does predicate her game on defence (especially against top players), she still has a strong offensive element to her game unlike Jankovic/Wozniacki, and so it's not enough for players just to 'figure her out', they still need to execute at a very high level to beat her.

I don't think Vika will do quite as well as she did this year, and I suspect she won't win a slam in 2013, but I still expect her to be extremely consistent in reaching the last rounds of all tournaments and generally only losing to Serena, Sharapova or Kvitova.

Chrissie-fan
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
vika has alot of points to defend, it is going to be very difficult to sustain the level that she had this year
add that to the possibility of playing players in form like Serena, Sharapova, Kvitova, Li Na, Sam Stosur, even Wozniacki.......i think dropping out of the top 5 is quite reasonable
Sharapova, Serena, Radwanska....they all have "lots of points to defend." Why single out Azarenka? Anything is possible of course, but if she were the type that couldn't deal with raised expectations I think it already would have shown after her AO win. It's likely that she won't have the start of the season that she had in 2013. It would be pretty remarkable if she managed to do something similar two years in a row, but I see no signs of an imminent demise.

Beat
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
that this thread was started by someone called JJ all the way is quite ironic, isn't it?

Sammo
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM
I think she will win one more AO and then will never win a Slam again

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:46 PM
that this thread was started by someone called JJ all the way is quite ironic, isn't it?

I don't get what my alliance to JJ has to do with my thread....... I also like Sharapova, so make your point... or "Beat" it

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
I don't get what my alliance to JJ has to do with my thread....... I also like Sharapova, so make your point... or "Beat" it

Why am I not surprised?

SilverSlam
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgxkoDZ9r1r1fcy4o4_250.gif

You're pushing past that line between sanity and being checked into a mental hospital lately.

StoneRose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Of course a Jankovic fanatic can't comprehend the possibility of a World No. 1 that doesn't completely lose her mind.This :lol:.

Will people EVER stop with this "points to defend" nonsense?! :happy: It means absolutely NOTHING in real terms. Everyone starts the year with 0 points contributing to their year-end ranking.And this. She may start out a bit slower than last year but there's room for some improvement on clay for example. She'll take AO or USO and end up #1 or #2 also depending on Serena's performance this year.

Natural Joe
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM

Why does everyone have to be so mean? I am such a nice poster....... y'll are just insecure :devil:

Fair enough, at least you gave reasons for how that would be possible. But even if all those mentioned players would surpass Vika in the ranking she would be ranked between 5-10. So please explain how it is reasonable that she will drop out of top 10, as you've mentioned in the OP ("but me thinks princess vika will drop out of top 5 next season and possibly top 10.").

Which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but okay, thanks for letting us know.

Sammo
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgxkoDZ9r1r1fcy4o4_250.gif

You're pushing past that line between sanity and being checked into a mental hospital lately.

Why? Everyone here thought it would be just a matter of time before Wozniacki won a Slam, and now is getting more and more dubious :lol: It was just a wild prediction based on nothing

brickhousesupporter
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Fall?! :spit: It's gonna be very tough for her to remain no.1, but right now only Serena and Maria on clay are the player Vika has to worry about, so...:shrug:
Not true, I still feel Petra can beat her. They just haven't played last year.

StoneRose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Not true, I still feel Petra can beat her. They just haven't played last year.Maybe in the future but if they had played last year H2H would have been fixed. No way Petra could have beaten her even once given the form she was in.

Trih
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
This could be nominated for the future best fail thread of 2013.

coolfish1103
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM

I am sure clay is not the only surface Azarenka needs to worry about.

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sharapova, Serena, Radwanska....they all have "lots of points to defend." Why single out Azarenka? Anything is possible of course, but if she were the type that couldn't deal with raised expectations I think it already would have shown after her AO win. It's likely that she won't have the start of the season that she had in 2013. It would be pretty remarkable if she managed to do something similar two years in a row, but I see no signs of an imminent demise.

The reason I singled out Azarenka is because she is "new" to this stage meaning that this was her first yr achieving world no.1 and grandslam......from recent history, recent winners like Kvitova, Stosur, Li Na, Schiavoni have all had let downs, not to mention the no.1s like JJ, Safina and Wozniacki. I think its fair to think that Vika will also have a big let down. Serena and Sharapova have been at this stage before so it is less likely that they would experience a fall although injury can affect anyone. And I am not even talking about Radwanska cuz i think she is also going to fall worse than Azarenka.

I do think Caro will be back in the top 5 :hearts: so I hope you dont hate me too much.......

Fair enough, at least you gave reasons for how that would be possible. But even if all those mentioned players would surpass Vika in the ranking she would be ranked between 5-10. So please explain how it is reasonable that she will drop out of top 10, as you've mentioned in the OP ("but me thinks princess vika will drop out of top 5 next season and p
ossibly top 10.").
First off, thanks for at least considering my argument unlike most of the posters here ;)
I do think most likely she will still be in the top 10. If she loses hold in the beginning of the year, it will be hard to sustain the level that she had this year and a mental let down could see her out of top 10. It is a possibility.......

NashaMasha
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Maybe in the future but if they had played last year H2H would have been fixed. No way Petra could have beaten her even once given the form she was in.

Petra in her AO and Stuttgart/RG would have high chances to beat Azarenka

brickhousesupporter
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Maybe in the future but if they had played last year H2H would have been fixed. No way Petra could have beaten her even once given the form she was in.
I must have missed this amazing form. She struggled to be Kim who twisted her ankle against Na. Lets looks at who she beat during that great streak.......Radwanska, Sharapova, a hobbled Clijsters and Na. Everyone else she was expected to beat. She was extremely lucky with how the first part of her year turned out and kudos to her for taking advantage of it. Lets see if luck and form hold true for 2013. I too don't see her dropping out of the top 5, but I also don't see her being dominant also.

andyjason
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
The reason I singled out Azarenka is because she is "new" to this stage meaning that this was her first yr achieving world no.1 and grandslam......from recent history, recent winners like Kvitova, Stosur, Li Na, Schiavoni have all had let downs, not to mention the no.1s like JJ, Safina and Wozniacki. I think its fair to think that Vika will also have a big let down. Serena and Sharapova have been at this stage before so it is less likely that they would experience a fall although injury can affect anyone. And I am not even talking about Radwanska cuz i think she is also going to fall worse than Azarenka.

I do think Caro will be back in the top 5 :hearts: so I hope you dont hate me too much.......

First off, thanks for at least considering my argument unlike most of the posters here ;)
I do think most likely she will still be in the top 10. If she loses hold in the beginning of the year, it will be hard to sustain the level that she had this year and a mental let down could see her out of top 10. It is a possibility.......

Caro will have to thank god if she can stay in the top15:oh:

Saraya!
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Caro will have to thank god if she can stay in the top15:oh:

What? Back to the Top!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissie-fan
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM

I don't hate you at all. ;)

danieln1
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
If Kvitova and Wozniacki come back to play their best tennis, Azarenka won´t have a chance against them, as we can see her poor record against them when they were playing good tennis.

JarkaFish
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
If Kvitova and Wozniacki come back to play their best tennis, Azarenka won´t have a chance against them, as we can see her poor record against them when they were playing good tennis.

LOL

Azarenka in her current form would make Wozniacki look like a legit idiot on the court, expect similar scorelines as to when she faces Aga.

backhandsmash
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
I don't hate you at all. ;)

No doubt it will be a difficult task to get back to top 5. There is some pretty damn good opposition in that elite 5. But we'll see.

andyjason
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
In the first half of the year, she already has Sydney 470 to defend, but I heard that she will skip Syndey.
AO 2000, if she, let's say, finish in QF,she will lose 1500, even in SF, she will still lose 1100.
She has Doha 900 points, IW 1000 points,
Madrid 700,Stuttgart 320 and others.
It's a challenge for her.

danieln1
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
LOL

Azarenka in her current form would make Wozniacki look like a legit idiot on the court, expect similar scorelines as to when she faces Aga.

No, Azarenka can win, but it won´t be one sided... She doesn´t have enough power to blast Woz off the court, it will be competitive.

Alejandrawrrr
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM

I like both, but in fairness Petra was in some ways lucky to avoid Vika this year. In 2011 she owned her, but only because IIRC they consistently met on grass, indoors and slippery Madrid... That's all on Petra's terms. At Wimbledon this year Petra probably would have beaten her if Christ didn't take them both out, but OTOH she was quite lucky to be taken out before meeting Vika at AO(by the same player Vika demolished in the next round,) or USO, where the conditions would have made it less easy for Petra to hit winners left right and center like she could in their fast surface meetings of 2011 :shrug: I do at least agree that until Vika develops her serve into a weapon she will ALWAYS be the slight underdog against Petra if they meet at Wimbledon and YEC. But on medium-slow HCs which make up more than half of the WTA events, Vika is definitely favored to beat Petra, if she can even make it to the QF-SFs where they would be due to face off in.

Natural Joe
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM

No, Azarenka can win, but it won´t be one sided... She doesn´t have enough power to blast Woz off the court, it will be competitive.

:weirdo:

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM

You do realize that neither of them even played Vika since she reached her (so far) peak form, right? In her early 2012 form I don't see her losing to them at all.

backhandsmash
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
You do realize that neither of them even played Vika since she reached her (so far) peak form, right? In her early 2012 form I don't see her losing to them at all.

I hope every tournament they are drawn against each other. But something always balls it up. Not that I see Woz as the favourite at this point, but I would like to see them play at some point.

Alejandrawrrr
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
In the first half of the year, she already has Sydney 470 to defend, but I heard that she will skip Syndey.
AO 2000, if she, let's say, finish in QF,she will lose 1500, even in SF, she will still lose 1100.
She has Doha 900 points, IW 1000 points,
Madrid 700,Stuttgart 320 and others.
It's a challenge for her.

Maybe in terms of the early season, but in the grand scheme of things and her YEAR END ranking, she can pick up big points on HCs during the USO lead up where she has basically nothing to defend. Based on 2011-2012 form Vika's probably the second best hardcourter on tour after Serena, and I have doubts Serena will take the USO lead up as seriously as 2011/many non-slam events in 2012 now that she's been returned to the top. I can also see Vika doing well enough at Miami to negate any losses in IW, and just generally evening out pretty well all things considered. I don't think she will do as well as she did in 2012 either, but I see a top 3 finish at least.

heavyhorse
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
She'll drop down to 2 or 3.

Chrissie-fan
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
No doubt it will be a difficult task to get back to top 5. There is some pretty damn good opposition in that elite 5. But we'll see.
VERY difficult. Top eight is what I hope for, top five would be amazing.

Raiden
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:47 PM
I'll put money that JJ will get out of the top 50 before Vika gets out of the top 5

bandabou
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM

Well, Petra's get to meet her fist, no?! :shrug:
Gonna be interesting to see what new, if any, form Petra bring to the table next year.

bandabou
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
I am sure clay is not the only surface Azarenka needs to worry about.

Serena on every surface..and Maria I think on clay mostly.

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Serena on every surface..and Maria I think on clay mostly.

Yes, those are the only two matchups where Vika isn't in control of her own faith.

Saraya!
Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Gonna be interesting to see what new, if any, form Petra bring to the table next year.

Peak Wozniacki is the better play than Azarenka.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Oh Lawd Baby Jesus with all the trolls in this thread.

Vika will lose her number one ranking, most likely to Serena who plays her best in Melbourne. That said, she won't fall out of the top 3 unless she gets really injured and misses a large chunk of the season or Petra gets her shit together. And even if that latter takes place, she's still top 4.

And no one is winning any slams next year if Serena stays on form. Period.

dsanders06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
:haha: How can supposed tennis fans still seriously believe Azarenka would struggle with Wozniacki? Since when has Azarenka "not had enough power to blow great movers off the court"? She went 9-0 combined against Radwanska and Kerber this year. :lol: In fact, every single loss that Aza suffered this year was when she was overpowered. If you don't best her in the power stakes (and I'm assuming noone believes Woz does that), you don't beat her, simple as that. She's just too consistent to give away the scale of errors that Wozniacki relies on getting from her opponent (and no, two competitive 3-setters they played when Aza was more error-prone than she is now, and when Woz was at her zenith, don't prove anything).

Kvitova is a different matter. I do think Azarenka is unlucky to have not met Kvitova this year because she would've beaten her anywhere but grass.......but, if Kvitova does get her shit together in 2013 as expected, I think she's still pretty much a nightmare match-up for Vika. After all, their YEC meeting in 2011 was on what would probably be Vika's surface of choice in this match-up, a slow hardcourt, and Petra edged her out :shrug: Though admittedly Vika probably wasn't *quite* as good in that match as she was for most of 2012. We'll see.

sweetadri06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
The Vika-petra match-up is pretty clear, we all know what happens once Petra gets on a roll. No one except Serena can stop her atleast on grass and indoors. On outdoor hardcourts/medium-pace, it's a different story. Petra needs almost perfect conditions in order to play her game, if not she does not have the patience or athletic ability to stay with Azarenka. If she loses about 20 pounds and strengthens her core than maybe we can talk.

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
The Vika-petra match-up is pretty clear, we all know what happens once Petra gets on a roll. No one except Serena can stop her atleast on grass and indoors. On outdoor hardcourts/medium-pace, it's a different story. Petra needs almost perfect conditions in order to play her game, if not she does not have the patience or athletic ability to stay with Azarenka. If she loses about 20 pounds and strengthens her core than maybe we can talk.

That myth needs to die. Sharapova on indoors already did stop Kvitova and can certainly do it again, the generation suck would be useless though I agree on that.

pedropt
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
In all seriousness barring injury and/or psychotic meltdown she'll be at the very worst #4 at the end of next year. She's way too consistent.

Yup.

ZeroSumGame
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM
I think Azarenka will perform 50/50 ...she needs to stay fit and motivated, but there's the pressure of being #1 by tryna stay on top could result in meltdowns where she pushes herself beyond = physical & mental burn out. She's too good of a player to drop outta top 10, there aren't enough girls outthere atm who are better or equal to her other than Serena, Maria, & Petra!

Her 1st challenge is to DEFEND HER AUSSIE OPEN title ....You're not a true champion until you defend ...Ivanovic, Schiavone, Petra, Li Na all failed to defend their slam titles, actually went into funk after failing to defend ....the last players to defend their slam titles were Serena Wimby 2010 & Clijsters USO2010. Can Azarenka do it??:rolleyes:

JarkaFish
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
I think Azarenka will perform 50/50 ...she needs to stay fit and motivated, but there's the pressure of being #1 by tryna stay on top could result in meltdowns where she pushes herself beyond = physical & mental burn out. She's too good of a player to drop outta top 10, there aren't enough girls outthere atm who are better or equal to her other than Serena, Maria, & Petra!

Her 1st challenge is to DEFEND HER AUSSIE OPEN title ....You're not a true champion until you defend ...Ivanovic, Schiavone, Petra, Li Na all failed to defend their slam titles, actually went into funk after failing to defend ....the last players to defend their slam titles were Serena Wimby 2010 & Clijsters USO2010. Can Azarenka do it??:rolleyes:

But neither Clijsters or Serena defended their first slam title.

égalité
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah the huge fall she's going to take to #2 in the world. :spit: What a tragedy.

Kerbicz
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM

Now I wonder if anyone has the guts to open the same thread about Serena.

Serena is more likely to fall out of top 10 than Vika.

DeucesAreWild
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Wishful Thinking! :lol:

JarkaFish
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m89f8nHqH51qd2uyr.gif

Exordes
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM

In 2012 Petra Kvitova´s last 10 matches from US Open to Fed Cup finals brought her 5 wins (Hercog, Cornet, Parmentier, Hantuchova & Jankovic) and 5 losses (Bartoli, Martic, Suarez Navarro, A. Radwanska & Ivanovic). Not very promising for her.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Good things never happen. The Falsetto Nightingale sold itself to the Satan which insures it that it will devour many innocent souls for years to come.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Azarenka fans are so sensitive :spit:

Barring injury, she won't fall, it's an obvious troll thread :lol:

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
y.;22541444']Azarenka fans are so sensitive :spit:

Yeah, we actually have souls.. ;)

Brad[le]y.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
:spit:

It has nothing to do with having a soul. People make fun of Jeja and Aga all the time and I don't go crazy :lol:

StoneRose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
In 2012 Petra Kvitova´s last 10 matches from US Open to Fed Cup finals brought her 5 wins (Hercog, Cornet, Parmentier, Hantuchova & Jankovic) and 5 losses (Bartoli, Martic, Suarez Navarro, A. Radwanska & Ivanovic). Not very promising for her.This, right now the difference between Vika and Petra is huge. Petra will need to do an enormous amount of work on her physical and mental state before she can get even close again. I'll believe Petra can still beat Vika when i see it, not a second before. Maybe Petra will get the odd win over Vika on grass or that weird stuff they lay down in Madrid in the future but that'll be about it.

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
y.;22541444']Azarenka fans are so sensitive :spit:

Barring injury, she won't fall, it's an obvious troll thread :lol:

this is not a troll thread sweetie........i really think Vika will be out of top 5 in 2013

i still love you though my fellow jeca fan
I wish i could make a thread saying jeca will be back in the top 10 but that would happen only in a world where bartoli is thin, anci doesnt ajde, and vika can play on clay.........

Stonerpova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM

No need to get so upset. You'll have a new fave by March anyways ;)

backhandsmash
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
this is not a troll thread sweetie........i really think Vika will be out of top 5 in 2013

I wish i could make a thread saying jeca will be back in the top 10 but that would happen only in a world where bartoli is thin, anci doesnt ajde, and vika can play on clay.........

These voices
I hear them
And when they talk I follow

C. Drone
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
:tears:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:59 PM

I wish i could make a thread saying jeca will be back in the top 10 but that would happen only in a world where bartoli is thin, anci doesnt ajde, and vika can play on clay.........It's okay, Jeja will double-bagel Justine's baby next year and indirectly score her first win over Henin :cheer:

No need to get so upset. You'll have a new fave by March anyways ;)It had to be said [/Corswandt]

I swear it evens takes more time for Rihanna to come out with a new album than it does for him to change his fave.

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM

I know you really want me to join the dark side but it ain't happening, sorry :)

JJ all the way
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
^ haha ur saying ur not already on the dark side?! LOL check ur avi

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
I know you really want me to join the dark side but it ain't happening, sorry :)

You're not strong enough to join the dark side anyway. When I see how tense you become just because 2 or 3 people dare to attack Vika, I just can't imagine what it's gonna be if you support Sharapova. We might lose you for good :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Simugna Help
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:26 PM

:haha:

backhandsmash
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Shake it!

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
:haha:

Wow, TV stations must love you. So entertained by endless repeats :)

Simugna Help
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
It's your constant fave-swapping that doesn't allow for this joke to get old. And I watch only tennis on TV and they don't emit classic matches there.

Stonerpova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Wow, TV stations must love you. So entertained by endless repeats :)

I watch Friends reruns like it's my job, and just like that joke they will never get old :lol:

Jimmie48
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Okay, I guess you have universal bad taste then ;)

Petronius
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
This, right now the difference between Vika and Petra is huge. Petra will need to do an enormous amount of work on her physical and mental state before she can get even close again. I'll believe Petra can still beat Vika when i see it, not a second before. Maybe Petra will get the odd win over Vika on grass or that weird stuff they lay down in Madrid in the future but that'll be about it.

Not really, try to look a bit beyond the ranking points.

In three of those five recent losses, Petra was sick or after a serious illness.

She lost almost 1,500 ranking points just by withdrawing from YEC.

She didn't receive any single ranking point for her Fed Cup wins over Lisicki, Georges, Schiavone, Errani and Jankovic - all TOP 20 material.

She had to withdraw from Dubai and Doha (Achilles problems) and missed out on lots of points.

The girl caught a stomach bug in Indian Wells (and consequently withdrew from doubles) and has had long-term asthma issues in the humid Miami.

She was not allowed to defend Linz.

Etc.

And as someone correctly pointed out, even with Petra's problems and Vika's improvement, at least at Melbourne, Stuttgart, Roland Garros and Wimbledon, the chances would be about 50/50.

So next time they meet (I hope they meet as early as in Melbourne) Vika can obviously win, but a 'HUGE' gap? No way.

Jane Lane
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM

Vika will lose her number one ranking, most likely to Serena who plays her best in Melbourne. That said, she won't fall out of the top 3 unless she gets really injured and misses a large chunk of the season or Petra gets her shit together. And even if that latter takes place, she's still top 4.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1n4h6bkTO1qaza50.jpg

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM

Even at Roland Garros.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

JarkaFish
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:51 PM
Even at Roland Garros.

No one on the tour knows how to play on clay anymore, so yeah she could totally win there.

Beat
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:53 PM
Why? Everyone here thought it would be just a matter of time before Wozniacki won a Slam

what?? i really only remember a time when "everyone here" said she was never going to win a slam.

StoneRose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
no one is winning any slams next year if Serena stays on form. Period.That's very unlikely though. Even if Serena had 50% to win each of them the chance of her winning all four would be 1/16. Then a lot of other things can happen to make this overall chance even smaller. If she stays on form she'll win 2 i think so there will be other slam winners. Vika will probably take one of the HC ones. Maybe Maria gets clay again if Serena doesn't take it.

Adrian.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM

This :haha:

ZeroSumGame
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM

:lol: Looks like Serena's main goal the next 2-3 yrs is scoop big titles while making a mockery of the ranking system ...It would really be fugly & disrespectful for e.g. #10 ranked Serena beating #1 & #2 players with regularity (often posting embarrassing scores).

Seriously it will be sad :sad:

Craig.
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:00 AM

No, thanks :tape:

StoneRose
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:06 AM
Not really, try to look a bit beyond the ranking points.

In three of those five recent losses, Petra was sick or after a serious illness.

She lost almost 1,500 ranking points just by withdrawing from YEC.

She didn't receive any single ranking point for her Fed Cup wins over Lisicki, Georges, Schiavone, Errani and Jankovic - all TOP 20 material.

She had to withdraw from Dubai and Doha (Achilles problems) and missed out on lots of points.

The girl caught a stomach bug in Indian Wells (and consequently withdrew from doubles) and has had long-term asthma issues in the humid Miami.

She was not allowed to defend Linz.

Etc.

And as someone correctly pointed out, even with Petra's problems and Vika's improvement, at least at Melbourne, Stuttgart, Roland Garros and Wimbledon, the chances would be about 50/50.

So next time they meet (I hope they meet as early as in Melbourne) Vika can obviously win, but a 'HUGE' gap? No way.Those illnesses and injuries won't go away if she doesn't work on her physical state. And to do that she may have to work on her mental state first.

She lost 1500 points only if she would otherwise have won this year at YECwhich was obviously never going to happen :lol:. Vika's > 5000 points ahead of her and didn't even reach final there, noway that there were 1500 points at stake between them at YEC.

I respect Errani and Schiavone (she's too old now), the rest of that Fed cup list is a joke right now.

Dubai Doha, outdoor HC not her best surface. What lot of points are you talking about :confused:. If she doesn't get fitter she'll be injured again next year. Same in IW, Miami.

Linz, yes that's a lot of points there.

The gap IS huge right now. Vika will probably improve so it's only getting harder.

producer88
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
I believe she will be in the Top 3 at the end of year.

My prediction Top 3 for 2013:
1)Serena
2)Vika
3)Kvitova or Sharapova

StoneRose
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:12 AM
I believe she will be in the Top 3 at the end of year.

My prediction Top 3 for 2013:
1)Serena
2)Vika
3)Kvitova or SharapovaIf Serena plays enough tournaments and doesn't lose interest or gets injured part of the year that's my guess as well. Maria will probably be #3.

MB.
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:14 AM
Losing top 5? No way.

producer88
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:17 AM
If Serena plays enough tournaments and doesn't lose interest or gets injured part of the year that's my guess as well. Maria will probably be #3.

Yeap I feel like if Serena stays focus & healthy, she will most likely win 3/4 GS (I predict she will win RG next year), and will only lose 4 matches again.

Charlatan
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:23 AM
Vika will remain as # 1

y.;22541713']It had to be said [/Corswandt]

I swear it evens takes more time for Rihanna to come out with a new album than it does for him to change his fave.

:hysteric:

I miss Corswandt's posts, btw :awww:

JarkaFish
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Brisbane could be telling, pretty stacked field, only top tenner not there is Agatha.

Craig.
Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:05 AM
Vika will remain as # 1

:hysteric:

I miss Corswandt's posts, btw :awww:

Yeah seriously, where the hell is he?!

andyjason
Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:18 AM

Sharapova can't either

yoke
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:38 AM
OP is an embarrassment for creating such a stupid thread; he should be banned from this site forever.

JJ all the way
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:48 AM
^ Big balls for a newbie

Stonerpova
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:53 AM
^ Big balls for a newbie

There are no newbies on this site. Only duplicate accounts :lol:

JarkaFish
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:55 AM

:wavey:

Charlatan
Dec 3rd, 2012, 04:59 AM
^ Big balls for a newbie

Right? :lol: He is obvious as fuck

Hantuchova

/thread

"/thread" :spit:

yoke
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:26 AM
^ Big balls for a newbie
I know.

Temperenka
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:26 AM
She will probably lose #1 early in the year (it will largely depend on Serena's AO performance).. but any prediction she will fall out of the top 5 is far-fetched and any prediction she will fall out of the top 10 is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Go, Vika! Prove the haters wrong.

Stonerpova
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:37 AM
She will probably lose #1 early in the year (it will largely depend on Serena's AO performance).. but any prediction she will fall out of the top 5 is far-fetched and any prediction she will fall out of the top 10 is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Go, Vika! Prove the haters wrong.

While I don't share your enthusiasm, I agree :lol:

yoke
Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:07 AM

Well, it goes like this for every site. A "newbie" posts and you get mocked and accused of being a duplicate. I'm not mad; I just have to live with it for now. I'm new here but I have a lot of experience with other forums.

Start da Game
Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:18 AM
the fail cometh: jj all the way

Petronius
Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
The gap IS huge right now. Vika will probably improve so it's only getting harder.

If it makes you feel good. So we should expect Vika to beat Petra 6-2, 6-1 next time they meet, given the HUGE gap.

I wouldn't be surprised if Petra makes it 5-2 next time they meet so we agree to disagree :hug:

faboozadoo15
Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
No way is Azarenka going anywhere. :lol:

Cindy and Kate
Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
If it makes you feel good. So we should expect Vika to beat Petra 6-2, 6-1 next time they meet, given the HUGE gap.

I wouldn't be surprised if Petra makes it 5-2 next time they meet so we agree to disagree :hug:

I think Petra is the more talented of the two, and her Istambul 2011 performance is the best tennis i have ever seen a woman play with the possible exception of peak Seles, but in 2012 Azarenka has been by far the better one, with Petra looking abysmal at times. I don´t think Petra would have beaten her at all if they had met. It remains to be seen if Petra gets her form back next year(loose weight and get faster on court mainly ) but if she does, it could be a very interesting season.

doomsday
Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
What is it with you and Serena not bring able to win FO?? If Serena stays fit she WILL win FO 2013. She's most hungriest for FO imo. Masha better watch her back next year.

You seem to think Masha is new "Clay Queen". That bitch will not be defending that title next year.

We'll see about that and the only bitch in here seems to be you.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
lol no way this will happen soon

yoke
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:48 AM
lol no way this will happen soon

Exactly. OP only created this to make himself look like a smartass and also to get this thread to as many posts possible.

Craig.
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM
What is it with you and Serena not bring able to win FO?? If Serena stays fit she WILL win FO 2013. She's most hungriest for FO imo. Masha better watch her back next year.

You seem to think Masha is new "Clay Queen". That bitch will not be defending that title next year.

:rolls: And you are?

Achernar
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:22 AM
We'll see about that and the only bitch in here seems to be you.

:rolls: And you are?

So, I'm not the only one to be offended by the constant use of the word bitch?

I was beginning to think that I was oversensitive.

Lucyxx
Dec 4th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Fall? :lol:

Vika is still near the top of her game!

This guy obviously doesn't realize the quality grinder Serena is and wore down Vika @ Istanbul.

She'll be a top 2 seed at the AO and probably have another stellar year in 2013. Good on all surfaces.

Sure her BF might have had a little stumble, but Vika's carefree attitude will propel her to even more wins as she pushes forward an excellence in achievement that's never been beheld by a Belarusian (accent on the one S) tennis talent!

Stevecw
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Love to see it happen, but it won't :( She will still be top 3 at worst all year. Hopefully without winning another slam.

Smitten
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Too true. This joke will be an ordinary top 5 player next year.

She was only able to win at the beginning of '12 because Petra flopped, Borz slumped, and Serena was injured. Playing well, the entire top 10 has no problems disposing of benign hitters like Azarenka.

I hope she enjoyed her run while it lasted.

iHeartTroyBolton
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Too true. This joke will be an ordinary top 5 player next year.

She was only able to win at the beginning of '12 because Petra flopped, Borz slumped, and Serena was injured. Playing well, the entire top 10 has no problems disposing of benign hitters like Azarenka.

I hope she enjoyed her run while it lasted.

Ordinary top 5 player?

That sounds a bit ridiculous in itself.

Barring injury, I can't see her falling out of the top 3/4.

Jimmie48
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I see you`re new so you can't know, Smitten is TFs village idiot so please don't respond to him like he's a reasonable human being. You`re wasting your time...

Brad[le]y.
Dec 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I see you`re new so you can't know, Smitten is TFs village idiot so please don't respond to him like he's a reasonable human being. You`re wasting your time...

All this coming from you :spit:

Smitten
Dec 5th, 2012, 12:12 AM
y.;22549435']All this coming from you :spit:

That thing bandwagoning Azarenka cause she became #1 and won her fluke slam.

Azarenka has no staying power and will be put back to the ordinary player she is.

JarkaFish
Jan 19th, 2013, 02:17 AM
:unsure:

Manitou
Jan 19th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Not yet, not yet...

---

Vartan
Jan 19th, 2013, 02:56 AM
:sad:

dencod16
Jan 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I see her possibly lowest at 4. I really don't see the top 4 dropping out anytime soon.

PMBH
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Based on her performances in the first three rounds, Azarenka is definitely far from her 2012 level. She'll probably be surpassed by Serena, Maria and Aga before long.

Cookiecrusher
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM
No way she's going to fall badly. Just look at the lower echelons of the Top 10...Azarenka is still miles ahead of them.

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I was surprised how poorly Wozniacki handled dropping from #1.
Ivanovic, Jankovic, Wozniacki all took big falls. Safina had back problems, so we'll never know how she would have handled it.

I think it will be a test of her mental toughness, if she's not #1 and not holding a major.
A lot can go wrong after early success. The true greats keep cycling back to the top. Vika might be a great. Lets give her time. Hasnt lost #1 yet, or dropped at all so far.

Young 8
Jan 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I was surprised how poorly Wozniacki handled dropping from #1.
Ivanovic, Jankovic, Wozniacki all took big falls. Safina had back problems, so we'll never know how she would have handled it.

I think it will be a test of her mental toughness, if she's not #1 and not holding a major.
A lot can go wrong after early success. The true greats keep cycling back to the top. Vika might be a great. Lets give her time. Hasnt lost #1 yet, or dropped at all so far.

LOL, Jankovic & Wozniacki took big falls because they were never that good to begin with.

They had to play 100 tournaments/year to keep the n.1 ranking and they burned out pretty quickly

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
LOL, Jankovic & Wozniacki took big falls because they were never that good to begin with.

They had to play 100 tournaments/year to keep the n.1 ranking and they burned out pretty quicklyJankovic was a good player late 2006-2008. If she was that good the last 2 years, I think she would be right near the top. I would like to see 2008 Jankovic in the last 3 FO's. I think she would have been a strong contender
But its a mental game, and probably easier to get wins and move up the rankings than stay there.
Wozniacki is still 22, 3 years older than Stephens. Vika is young too. Its how they handle the mental part.

Monzanator
Jan 19th, 2013, 09:38 AM
If Serena beats Azarenka in SF and wins the whole event will she take #1? :scratch:

doomsday
Jan 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM
If Serena beats Azarenka in SF and wins the whole event will she take #1? :scratch:

Of course, even if Serena loses in SF she is still gonna be ahead of Vika ( wether Vika wins the tournament or not)

Serena won't be N1 if she loses in the semis though and that Maria wins the title.

Samsuin
Jan 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Don't think so. She will remain under the top three and even win a GS this year.

Raiden
Jan 19th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Is there any player that has no "the fall cometh" thread?

Cuz I wanna open one myself (since opening such threads seems to have no relation facts on the ground)

Ana'sProcess
Jan 19th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Don't judge this based on one tough match. It is very likely she will definitely not be as strong as she was last season, but I don't think she will become fall cometh, at least not during this season. She will remain in top 5, maybe will drop out from top 3 but that's that.

BillFromRichmond
Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:55 AM

Bumping this to remind you that Vika is still around, still #1 and Serena is outa here. :haha:

No Serena slam. She's lost three times in her last 5 Slams. :wavey:

Vika is still the queen.

Vartan
Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:10 AM
**** lost 3 times in her last 4 slams :wavey:

BillFromRichmond
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM

Cat got your tongue????

Vika wins the Australian Open and IS STILL #1 IN THE WORLD!!

Jose.
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:18 PM
FAIL :rolls:

Jimmie48
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Come on Smitten, tell us again how she will never win another slam :)

gbenga
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
She won't always be this lucky so this thread prediction may still come true.

GOATdin0931
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM

oh yeah i guess
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:44 PM
She won't always be this lucky so this thread prediction may still come true.

Yes, you've made your opinion pretty clear at least 10 times in the results thread.

Matt01
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Smitten :awww:

gbenga
Jan 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Yes, you've made your opinion pretty clear at least 10 times in the results thread.

Don't be mad. I am not a fan boy so I have a tendency to see beyond the result. :wavey:

sweetpeas
Jan 26th, 2013, 03:09 PM
No no no!

pov
Jan 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM

Vika is still the queen.
:facepalm: This is as stupid as the OP. It is unlikely that Azarenka will achieve as much as Williams has. Plus do you really think that had Williams not been injured that it's likely that Azarenka would have been in the final?

Right now - Williams owns all the WTA. Azarenka owns all the WTA except for Williams.

oh yeah i guess
Jan 26th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Smitten :awww:

He thought he was so spot on with his 'Azarenka won't win a slam in 2013' prediction. :worship:

Don't be mad. I am not a fan boy so I have a tendency to see beyond the result. :wavey:

Why should I be mad? A player I've supported for many years has won her second slam. :)

dsanders06
Jan 26th, 2013, 03:27 PM
:rolls: at people thinking Smitten was being serious.

oh yeah i guess
Jan 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM
TF has destroyed my ability to tell the difference on occasions. :sobbing:

ozza
Jan 26th, 2013, 03:36 PM

There were clearly some people in here who were dead serious though. I mean drop out of top 10, you were either trolling or completely deluded if you believed that. It's not like you even have to do much to stay in top 10 ffs.
A lot of people don't like Vika here, but that doesn't mean you completely fail to think objectively. Your original post was one that showed some thought behind it, so I'm not actually singling out your post, but some of the others :help:.

Tennisation
Jan 26th, 2013, 08:44 PM

LUVMIRZA
Jan 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM
most knew that Smitten is delusional and have mental issues:shrug:

VIKANADAL01
Jan 26th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I Will Say The Rising Queen

Brad[le]y.
Jan 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM

This :lol: It's hilarious watching people shit their pants over a professional internet troll :spit:

Mynarco
Jan 27th, 2013, 01:34 AM
LMAO Smitten :tears:

Start da Game
Jan 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM
the fail cometh: jj all the way

this.....

GOyoungUSA
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
it's coming.

you can't play as absolue garbage as she has been for months now and get away with it.

form catches up with you eventually:D

delusional aza fanatics laugh at me when I call her out? where are they now? i speak the truth and only the truth.

say goodbye to azarenka at the top of the game.

Adrian.
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
:spit:

gbenga
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:43 PM
One loss and the fall cometh? :confused:

AndreConrad
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM
it's coming.

you can't play as absolue garbage as she has been for months now and get away with it.

delusional aza fanatics laugh at me when I call her out? where are they now? i speak the truth and only the truth.

How do you know the truth? I am not going to say that I am sure you are wrong as I am not sure if you will not win few million in a lottery.

homogenius
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM
it's coming.

she will end the year at #2.not too bad for a fall cometh

GOyoungUSA
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
One loss and the fall cometh? :confused:has to start somewhere:) although it probably started in Carlsbad really

she will end the year at #2.not too bad for a fall cometh

well the fall cometh next year. this year she was able to use her confidence and aura from last year to bullshit we way through matches.

she has a good amount of points to defend next year at the start. QF @ Brisbane W @ AO W @ Doha. I wouldn't be surprised to see her flop at all 3 events

Jimmie48
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM

Seriously dude, you are in need of some mental help.

SoBizarre
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
You are all just being envious, because your faves can only be tennis players, unlike Victoria who possesses acting range superior to that of Meryl Streep, and can quit tennis any time to become a movie star:

http://i.imgur.com/4crLhRe.jpg

:drink:

Jimmie48
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Always funny to see that a large portion of the most desperate Vika haters seem to be from Poland. I wonder why that is...no wait, I don't :)

ozza
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:12 PM
she has a good amount of points to defend next year at the start. QF @ Brisbane W @ AO W @ Doha. I wouldn't be surprised to see her flop at all 3 events

She then has next to nothing defend between after Doha and Rome. So it cancels itself out quickly.

Skinz
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:13 PM
It is hardly a fall when you lose a match when you are sick! see how she is when she is well before we condemn her :p

Iblis
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
although it probably started in Carlsbad really
Won Cincinnati/Final Us Open, oh my God Vika what are you doing, retire before it's too late!

Manitou
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Whhhhat??!!!
Wtf are you talking about? She lost one match! Is she supposed to keep 100% winning streak all the time?

--

Matt01
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Won Cincinnati/Final Us Open, oh my God Vika what are you doing, retire before it's too late!

Those were all flukes, I know it ;)

Manitou
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
To be honest, as Aga's fan I am disappointed with Vika's loss. I was hoping for a final Vika - Aga. Aga needs a win against Vika very badly. To reverse this whole bad fortune.
Yes, if Aga won aganst Vika then I would brag! :) But not now! :)

--

Serenita
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Always funny to see that a large portion of the most desperate Vika haters seem to be from Poland. I wonder why that is...no wait, I don't :)
Thus this mean the majority of Germans are band-wagoners? Just asking.:)

Simugna Help
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:50 PM

LMAO

Manitou
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Haha, never thought about it, but as look at it now it's true! That's exactly what they are! :lol:

--

GOyoungUSA
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
To be honest, as Aga's fan I am disappointed with Vika's loss. I was hoping for a final Vika - Aga. Aga needs a win against Vika very badly. To reverse this whole bad fortune.
Yes, if Aga won aganst Vika then I would brag! :) But not now! :)

--

Aga can definitely beat Vika currently. she should hope to play her in Beijing or YEC. this will be the best time for her to score a win.

GrandMartha
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:03 PM

well said! :worship: :worship: :worship:

tennisbum79
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Was premature then and is till premature

dsanders06
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
For the first time I'm actually starting to wonder. She has competed VERY well against Serena this year, but outside of her matches against her, her play has ranged between average (by her general 2012 standards) and plain bad, even when she's been getting good results.

Pawcio765
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Why was this thread even bumped? :lol:

Girl is doing good, just had a bad day at the office and her opponent was able to take advantage of it.
Nothing new in Tennis World....

Cindy and Kate
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:07 PM
A week ago she was the girl to dominate and share all Slams next year with Serena; she's sick and loses one match and now it's the beginning of the end ? :lol:

crescentmoon
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM
A week ago she was the girl to dominate and share all Slams next year with Serena; she's sick and loses one match and now it's the beginning of the end ? :lol:

LOL, your only as good as your last win, on TF.

dsanders06
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM

Well, it's surely no surprise that TF is fickle as anything :lol:

I do think, taking her whole season as a whole, there's some worrying signs for her though. Barring her matches against Serena, I think even a lot of her fans would concede her game is going in the wrong direction compared to 2012, even if the results are similar. She's bullshitted her way through quite a few matches this year on the basis of her residual confidence from her past couple of great years, as well as her reputation weighing on the minds of her opponent if they got close to a win. But that alone probably won't last forever.

I think she's going to need to make real improvements to her game over the offseason to keep up this standard of results - I definitely think she's talented enough and capable of making those improvements, but I'm not sure her level of play this year will be good enough.

Simugna Help
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Aga can definitely beat Vika currently. she should hope to play her in Beijing or YEC. this will be the best time for her to score a win.

I'm sceptical, particularly in Beijing, when Aga will be toast if she gets to semis given her 3-weeks-in-a-row schedule.

As opposed to the great dsanders06 who stays by his BS opinions even after they blow up in his face time and time again :worship:

Cindy and Kate
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:30 PM

I do think, taking her whole season as a whole, there's some worrying signs for her though. Barring her matches against Serena, I think even a lot of her fans would concede her game is going in the wrong direction compared to 2012, even if the results are similar. She's bullshitted her way through quite a few matches this year on the basis of her residual confidence from her past couple of great years, as well as her reputation weighing on the minds of her opponent if they got close to a win. But that alone probably won't last forever.

I think she's going to need to make real improvements to her game over the offseason to keep up this standard of results - I definitely think she's talented enough and capable of making those improvements, but I'm not sure her level of play this year will be good enough.

This has been a very weird season for Azarenka. After winning the AO and beating Serena in Doha she got injured, and then, after making a very decent clay season she got injured again, and had nevertheless a great HC american season, but I think those injuries have taken their toll this season, one happening very quickly after the other; it's not always easy to get back to your best after injuries. Her movement and fitness are definitively worse, her defensive game too, and obviously the serve is a blatant weakness in her game. She doesn't look as commanding as last season, and though she can still bullshit her way through most of the field, it will be harder and harder for her to do it in her current form, as she will probably start to lose her confidence and mental edge little by little. I agree: she needs to improve her fitness and several aspects of her game in the off season.

NeKo
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: Funniest thread on this board. She lost a match and now she is a falling cometh. Hilarious. Is this for real?

GOyoungUSA
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM

very well said.:)

although I'm not sure her fans would concede her game is going down the drain, they seem absolutely insistent in believing shes actually playing well.:lol:

Olórin
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:20 PM
As opposed to the great dsanders06 who stays by his BS opinions even after they blow up in his face time and time again :worship:

LMAO :happy:

If there's one person who has engaged in greater bullshit than this thread, it is him.

jay holter
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure about it.

I think you'd have to be blind to not see her game isn't where it should be for some time now, but the fact that she's still quite successful and dominant in spite of that, if anything, makes me feel confident that she'll keep being in her top position for a lot more time to come.

ViceUltramontain
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
You guys never learn :oh: Can't wait for her to win that third AO to shut that nonsense.

Londoner
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Vika will be back. Trust Londoner.

ozza
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:05 PM

All this stems down to one thing. Her increasingly poor serve. The only reason her matches have been closer is because the number of service games she's been winning has decreased massively, she's still posting the same numbers on return. She's actually winning more return games than in 2012, which indicates things aren't as bad as people think. There's no reason for your return game stats to go up, but your serve stats to go down, other than your serve is getting worse, which is obvious to anyone who watches her regularly, you don't even need stats to tell you that.

Then you get people overlooking into it. People automatically associate a match with a lot of breaks of serve as a poor quality match. Azarenka's matches normally look messy because she's serving a high number of double faults etc.. But this is why she isn't steamrolling as many players anymore. It stops matches that would have been 6-2, 6-2 and turns them into 7-6, 6-4, or maybe even a set dropped.

Azarenka's numbers on serve have been very poor recently. She is winning the lowest number of 2nd serve points of anyone in the top 10, that is a bad stat when you are world number 2. Her first serve ranks 5th, but I imagine if you took out the beginning of the year would rank around 8th. This makes her matches more hard work.

You'd hope she should be able to fix this in the off season, but we will see next year.

Panther24
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM
She is not be the first top player to have an early round exit at a big tournament. It has happened to every one at some point...

Not to mention, she was visibly ill/sick during her match.

Wishing her a speedy recovery. Hopefully she won't miss Beijing (as she's the defending champion), but if it's needed then just rest up and come back stronger at Istanbul.

spartanfan
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Hasn't she also struggled against Sharapova this year too?

garwe
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Hasn't she also struggled against Sharapova this year too?

FO semi final only time they played.

Vika lost to Serena 2 times. Then Makarova, Stosur, Sharapova, Venus once.

Fall Cometh?

SerenaSlam
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Bs

Matt01
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure about it.

I think you'd have to be blind to not see her game isn't where it should be for some time now, but the fact that she's still quite successful and dominant in spite of that, if anything, makes me feel confident that she'll keep being in her top position for a lot more time to come.

Considering all the illnesses and retirements she had, lots of them at/during big tournaments, I think her year 2013 with 3 big titles including 2 wins against Serena has been fine. (And she could still win a bit more)
With less injuries her next year could be even better :)

spartanfan
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
FO semi final only time they played.

Vika lost to Serena 2 times. Then Makarova, Stosur, Sharapova, Venus once.

Fall Cometh?
No. She's probably had the second best season of any player this year.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Vika's game and fitness seem to cycle. She's had patches in the past where her serve is crap, she has a lot of little injuries, or her fitness in general is under par. And then she'll got through a phase where she plays very well, her health is good and she's actually playing with a serve that isn't amazing but is well placed with decent pace. Hopefully she can have a decent fall after this loss and illness and build some confidence going into next year.

If she can get her serve under more control again she'll start steam rolling again. Her coach really needs to work on what her serve naturally has instead of tweeking the motion in hopes of making it more than what it is and it just backfiring into the craptastic thing it is now.

JCTennisFan
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:44 PM
All this stems down to one thing. Her increasingly poor serve.

Which makes me wonder if she is having low back issues.

It would appear, at least to me, that during the USO she was having difficulty extending her upper body towards the ball during serving.

From a game perspective Azarenka has not too much to worry about long term..... I think the issue is more can her body hold together for another 6+ years?

miffedmax
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Well, then I guess it's a good thing I have such a good back up.

http://thumbnails105.imagebam.com/27436/3bb3fd274357809.jpg

It's not too late to jump on the band wagon.

JJ all the way
Sep 24th, 2013, 10:25 PM
LOL i was hoping this thread would not be bumped and people would forget about it #shithappens

ozza
Sep 24th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Which makes me wonder if she is having low back issues.

It would appear, at least to me, that during the USO she was having difficulty extending her upper body towards the ball during serving.

From a game perspective Azarenka has not too much to worry about long term..... I think the issue is more can her body hold together for another 6+ years?

There have been rumours of this all US hard court summer. There was rumours she was getting physio for a back injury at US Open. I don't know if it is this though. These problems go as far back as the clay season tbh. The thing is her serve was average to begin with, now it's just plain bad. Over the US hard court season, she has held 64.5% of service games, only Errani averages lower than that in the top 10.

The thing is she doesn't even need a great serve, an average serve would suffice in making the majority of these matches far easier.

With regards to her body holding together. She needs to play a light schedule, that much seems clear. She should probably only schedule 14-15 tournaments next year.

Standard
Sep 24th, 2013, 11:18 PM
No. She's probably had the second best season of any player this year.

I don't think it's even a question of Vika's season being the second best season. It IS the second best season for a player this year.

With regards to her serve, I don't think it's getting increasingly worse. For me, the level is on a plateau, with very small bumps on it for occasional consistent serving. It's the same case for Dementieva. They just don't have the right technique. I guess she really just has to work on that the most but without it affecting the rest of her game - which is HARD to do. She's not doing badly with this current one so it's not a totally big issue. When she NEEDS to improve it, that's when she needs to do a lot more about it. For now, it's not like she's having too many problems.

Cajka
Sep 24th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Bumping this to remind you that Vika is still around, still #1 and Serena is outa here. :haha:

Vika is still the queen.

:hug:

jay holter
Sep 25th, 2013, 12:30 AM
LOL i was hoping this thread would not be bumped and people would forget about it #shithappens

That's what happens whenever you make a hater thread mate, you end up looking like a fool. Lesson learned I hope.

coolfish1103
Sep 25th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I'm not too sure why people are saying her service went bad. Her services were never that great to begin with so there's really no basis of saying it went bad. It's really that her return game has gone way better than the past while health isn't as much id an issue so she is getting those wins the past 2-3 seasons.

I'm leaning towards her service game getting figured out so it will be difficult for her to save her service game without improving her serve. WTA is known for breaking serves with few exceptions. Nothing new.

homogenius
Sep 25th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Vika's serve used to be very consistent;It never was a weapon but she used to have a high first serve percentage (on purpose)at a pace decent enough to at least start a rally;It seems she has been working to make it more of a weapon this year and the result is less consistency.I think she'll fix it eventually.

JJ all the way
Sep 25th, 2013, 01:48 AM
That's what happens whenever you make a hater thread mate, you end up looking like a fool. Lesson learned I hope.

first off, it wasnt hater thread, i dont do that I am classy! it was a genuine prediction because i thought her yr last year was a fluke. Yes she has proven me wrong but i dont regret anything! maybe you should learn a lesson and not be so judgemental and leave that "above thy" attitude aside.......;)

JCTennisFan
Sep 25th, 2013, 01:50 AM
There have been rumours of this all US hard court summer. There was rumours she was getting physio for a back injury at US Open. I don't know if it is this though. These problems go as far back as the clay season tbh. The thing is her serve was average to begin with, now it's just plain bad. Over the US hard court season, she has held 64.5% of service games, only Errani averages lower than that in the top 10.

The thing is she doesn't even need a great serve, an average serve would suffice in making the majority of these matches far easier.

With regards to her body holding together. She needs to play a light schedule, that much seems clear. She should probably only schedule 14-15 tournaments next year.

I'd say the rumours were true then.

She wasn't hitting the ball at the apex and letting it drop which in turn made many of her first serves go long. I know this all too well because I do the same thing :fiery: .

And to the posters saying she has been trying to make her serve more into a weapon..... her 1st serve was often times in the 90s during the USO..... I don't think that opinion fits properly into what was actually happening.

Her return game is so good that she has been able to keep things together for the most part..... but that won't last forever. Relying on breaking your opponent constantly is not the preferred tactic for anyone, even if their return is excellent....

ozza
Sep 25th, 2013, 06:52 AM
I'm not too sure why people are saying her service went bad. Her services were never that great to begin with so there's really no basis of saying it went bad. It's really that her return game has gone way better than the past while health isn't as much id an issue so she is getting those wins the past 2-3 seasons.

I'm leaning towards her service game getting figured out so it will be difficult for her to save her service game without improving her serve. WTA is known for breaking serves with few exceptions. Nothing new.

Yes there is basis. Her % of service games held is down on the year from last year, yet her % of return games won is up. Her % of service games won the last few months is about 10% lower than the 18 months prior. These are obvious to anyone who has watched her over this period. Most noticeably as already pointed out, her first serve % has decreased by around 8% over the recent period. Just double faults alone have gone up huge. She is currently averaging just under 2 double faults per match more than her average for the 18 months prior. That isn't your serve "being figured out" (when has this ever happened incidentally?), that's just serving worse.

Simugna Help
Sep 25th, 2013, 07:01 AM
That isn't your serve "being figured out" (when has this ever happened incidentally?).
This is the first time in history. Victoria Azarenka, the trend setter. :hearts:

M@chete
Sep 28th, 2013, 11:02 PM

You don't know? But you hated your nowadays "Vika" as a former Caro-Fan a year or so ago. Are you from poland?

Or after Carolina are you rather a stateless bandwagoner thinking like:

"The Fall Cometh OFFFF? WHAAAAT? AGAIN? NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

dsanders06
Sep 28th, 2013, 11:12 PM
All this stems down to one thing. Her increasingly poor serve. The only reason her matches have been closer is because the number of service games she's been winning has decreased massively, she's still posting the same numbers on return. She's actually winning more return games than in 2012, which indicates things aren't as bad as people think. There's no reason for your return game stats to go up, but your serve stats to go down, other than your serve is getting worse, which is obvious to anyone who watches her regularly, you don't even need stats to tell you that.

Then you get people overlooking into it. People automatically associate a match with a lot of breaks of serve as a poor quality match. Azarenka's matches normally look messy because she's serving a high number of double faults etc.. But this is why she isn't steamrolling as many players anymore. It stops matches that would have been 6-2, 6-2 and turns them into 7-6, 6-4, or maybe even a set dropped.

Azarenka's numbers on serve have been very poor recently. She is winning the lowest number of 2nd serve points of anyone in the top 10, that is a bad stat when you are world number 2. Her first serve ranks 5th, but I imagine if you took out the beginning of the year would rank around 8th. This makes her matches more hard work.

You'd hope she should be able to fix this in the off season, but we will see next year.

Her serve is certainly a big part of it, but I don't think it's the only factor. I think her footwork, which was arguably the best on the WTA in 2012 (even if she was never the most explosively quick in terms of footspeed), has declined quite a bit this year. Actually, I would say footwork is a big part of why she's found it so much tougher to hold onto her serve this year -- even though she was always prone to throwing in lame serves, she was excellent in 2012 at defending her serve, by being very quick to recover after serving and managing to scoop most of the great returns that her opponents were hitting back into play. This year, there's been quite a lot of matches where she's looked kind of flat-footed when dealing with only moderately good returns that her opponents are hitting.

Hartson
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Vika is really slumping

Lucyxx
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Thing is any top 20-50 player would love to have this kind of slump.

Vika had a couple of losses to streaky players. I trust in her for Istanbul.

Foxy
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Vika is going to have to spend the time and perfect her serve. It's no getting around that. She's a good player but her serve is horrible. I hope she perfects her serve because it would be a shame for her to get to the top of women's tennis and not better her serve.

SerenaSlam
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Thing is any top 20-50 player would love to have this kind of slump.

Vika had a couple of losses to streaky players. I trust in her for Istanbul.

I think you are jumping the gun. As much as I want her to have a good result she has been off since the summer hard courts. And IMO the "fight" she kept giving us during that time span is finally catching up with her. It's the same game same fight but she is not making it over that last hurdle like she was when playing like this all summer and during the US open. It's time for some off court, get ready for 2014 focus

GoofyDuck
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/UeSoXPq.gif

LightWarrior
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Losing back-to-back USO finals that she could have won has taken its toll. It's mental. Tennis is 80% mental. She can work her serve motion as much as she wants but if she has no confidence it will make no difference right now.