PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Sharapova-Serena 'battle'.

MakarovaFan
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Watching the epic '92 RG Final between Graf and Seles, who were by far the biggest attractions on the tour that time, just reminded me of how huge their clashes were and it made me think of today's game and the scale of the matchups between our current biggest attractions .........
Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams
2004 YEC F: The first 'big' showdown between the new starlet of the game and the current head honcho. Serena got injured mid match resulting in her being unable to hit a proper serve, yet to compensate she began hitting missles of every ground stroke(some of those shots were scary) which led to a 4-0 lead in the final set. Maria then won 6 straight to capture the match and title: 46 62 64 Sharapova

2005 Australian Open SF: early on it was begining to look like Maria would indeed be replacing Serena as the new it girl and Maria had also clearly gotten into Serena's head. Serena, being the fighter she is, gutsed out a tight 75 second set but it was Maria who drew blood first in the final set. Maria held 3 match points at 54, but Serena eventually prevailed in a true war. 26 75 86 Williams

2008 Charleston QF: Going in it was Peak Pova(who unknown to anyone including herself was playing with a severly injured shoulder) against a rejuvinated Serena who had just captured Miami(and finally beaten her recent nemesis Henin). Maria held a couple set points but couldn't convert and Serena stole the set 75. Set 2 saw Maria once again rush up to a 52 lead and holding set point only for Serena to again save them, but this time Maria eventually held her off and won it 64. Final set saw Serena brush aside and mentally done Maria. 75 46 61 Williams

2010 Wimbledon RD16: This Wimbledon saw the emergence of Serve bot Serena and the semi comeback to form of Maria. Despite it being a tense of tight match, neither gave up much in the first set which lead to a TB. Maria got the jump and held 2 set points at 64, but Serena reversed it and won 119. Second set saw an early break for Serena and that's all she wrote. Despite not being the best quality, it was a very huge match and Maria was the only person to even hold set points on Serena the entire event. 76(119) 64 Williams

This is not a thread for hate.There aren't too many big matchups in today's game and it's from those it's even harder to find ones that have had classic/epic showdowns. Serena-Vika would probably be next.

Kasey
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Geez, it's been sooooo effin' long since I watched a Serena-the Shrieking Razor encounter that I would call a "battle", I guess it was like 7 years ago or sth:oh:

sweetadri06
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM
2005 Ao

Natural Joe
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:35 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/10psqv9.gif

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
2005 AO definitely. That was quite a battle. A career defining match for Maria:sobbing:.

moodin0931
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM
2005 AO! :rocker2:

MakarovaFan
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:42 PM
Geez, it's been sooooo effin' long since I watched a Serena-the Shrieking Razor encounter that I would call a "battle", I guess it was like 7 years ago or sth:oh:
Geez first post in :rolleyes:. Guess you can't read.

hBence
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM
2005 AO definitely. That was quite a battle. A career defining match for Maria:sobbing:.
:oh:

Papi
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:54 PM
Definitely AO SF 05 - I had to turn off the TV and go to sleep when Serena was down match point in the 3rd. And well, you know what happened next...

doomsday
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM

:sobbing:

LightWarrior
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:04 PM
2005 Australian Open SF without a doubt. A good-quality thriller and their last real competitive match.

CanIGetAWhat
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
This match:

http://www.sharapova.ru/gallery/content/2005/Australian_open/70.jpg

The 2005 AO SF. :worship:

Craig.
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
The TF tardwars between their fanbases.

Olórin
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:08 PM
:sobbing:

Oz 2005 says hi :wavey:

casholic
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Their biggest and bloodiest battle has yet to come: the battle of Grigor
http://twitpic.com/bi72dh

Helen Lawson
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM
The whole 2005 Australian Open dwarfs the Pyramids.

Kasey
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Geez first post in :rolleyes:. Guess you can't read.

:lol:

Guess you just can't take things lightly.
Loose your buttocks.

yoke
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM
2012 Olympics.

One-sided battles exist.

TSequoia01
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Definitely AO 05, was so tired of Carillo constantly saying how much greater Maria was than Serena, even after Serena won would not shutup about it.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Watching Maria battle to preserve her dignity at the AO or Olympics finals trumps these choices. :rolls:

Of the four listed it's gotta be 2005 AO SF, that was a classic. I wish this poll was public so we could see who voted otherwise(mainly 2004 YEC F which was a mediocre match that ended on very bad terms :lol:) just for the kikis. I'm sure like in the Peak Venus vs. Peak Pova thread their names all contain "Masha" "Shara" or "Pova" :haha:

@danieln1
Dec 1st, 2012, 08:21 PM
Obviously the Australian Open SF

Saving those match points :drool:

ZeroSumGame
Dec 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Gotta be AO 2005 :worship: Serena got to a slow start, both played outstanding, Maria with the MPs & Serena roars back with grit & mental tanacity :fiery:

:lol: @ the Masha/Grigor pic ...Masha looking disinterested, I bet Grigor's young age is his own achilles heel when it comes to hanging out with the top women in the WTA

He got a date from Serena & Serena takes him seriously as a good friend, but will Masha?? :):)

bandabou
Dec 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM
'05 oz open SF..was great match. The forehand return winner on the second mp..:worship:

Fighterpova
Dec 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Well people can hate Maria all they want and ridicule her for not being able to challenge Serena. but Serena is such an immense force and such an incredible tennis player that is better in everything than every other player on the WTA, it's never a shame when Maria loses to her. Plus, Serena almost always brings her A game in matches vs Maria and when that happens there's really nothing Maria or any other girl can do.

I'm glad Maria has been able to challenge Serena from time to time and hopefully she will be able to again. She will obviously never beat Serena again, but I hope she can at least come out fearless and try her best :cheer:

Fighterpova
Dec 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM
Out of the mentioned matches, the AO SF in 2005 tops the list. Amazing match that showed what a fighter Serena is. Unfortunately for Maria, it is the match that completely turned around her 'rivalry' with Serena.

Povin
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:43 AM
Just watched YEC 2004 match... Serena looked miserable in the third set. Those DFs and a la Errani serves!... It was a HUGE slap on her, now I see why she plays Maria so fiercely :fiery::fiery::fiery:

Stonerpova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:53 AM
Charleston 08. It was their highest quality match IMO.

dsanders06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:55 AM
Watching Maria battle to preserve her dignity at the AO or Olympics finals trumps these choices. :rolls:

Of the four listed it's gotta be 2005 AO SF, that was a classic. I wish this poll was public so we could see who voted otherwise(mainly 2004 YEC F which was a mediocre match that ended on very bad terms :lol:) just for the kikis. I'm sure like in the Peak Venus vs. Peak Pova thread their names all contain "Masha" "Shara" or "Pova" :haha:

:lol: No. The YEC 2004 match was MUCH higher-quality than the AO2005 match. Both finished the match with good W-UE ratios in the YEC (compared to both having deeply negative ratios in the AO match). The 3rd set of their YEC match was particularly fantastic -- even though Serena had no serve, off the ground she was playing vintage "Shock and Awe" tennis, but Maria managed to overcome it by digging INCREDIBLY deep and playing far more absorbing rallies than anything the AO match produced. The AO match was a shitfest as both were well below good form all tournament (Maria lost a set to Farina Elia at that tournament iirc :help: and barely scraped past Kuznetsova in the QFs). It was an entertaining match because of the intensity and what was at stake, but the quality was atrocious.

Anyway, it's a shame these two have only played 2 matches where they were both somewhere near their best (their YEC matches in 2004 and 2012 -- the former being Maria's A game vs Serena's B game, the latter being Serena's A-game versus Maria's B-game). Hopefully at some point they both bring their A-games against eachother :yeah:

ServeCaspian
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:56 AM
Charleston 08. It was their highest quality match IMO.

This, shame about the 3rd. AO 05 takes it drama wise though, hands down.

Stonerpova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:02 AM
:lol: No. The YEC 2004 match was MUCH higher-quality than the AO2005 match. Both finished the match with good W-UE ratios in the YEC (compared to both having deeply negative ratios in the AO match). The 3rd set of their YEC match was particularly fantastic -- even though Serena had no serve, off the ground she was playing vintage "Shock and Awe" tennis, but Maria managed to overcome it by digging INCREDIBLY deep and playing far more absorbing rallies than anything the AO match produced. The AO match was a shitfest as both were well below good form all tournament (Maria lost a set to Farina Elia at that tournament iirc :help: and barely scraped past Kuznetsova in the QFs). It was an entertaining match because of the intensity and what was at stake, but the quality was atrocious.

Anyway, it's a shame these two have only played 2 matches where they were both somewhere near their best (their YEC matches in 2004 and 2012 -- the former being Maria's A game vs Serena's B game, the latter being Serena's A-game versus Maria's B-game). Hopefully at some point they both bring their A-games against eachother :yeah:

They were both only good in patches but the AO SF was far more memorable for me. They never played well at the same time at the YEC in 04.

Sam L
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:05 AM

How was 2004 Serena's B game? :lol:

Imperfect Angel
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:19 AM
The poll says it all.:worship:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:33 AM

How was 2004 YEC Serena's B game? She couldn't even serve properly :unsure:

sweetadri06
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:39 AM

Serena was severely hampered in 2004 YEC. The AO was better, you didn't know who was going to win that match.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:49 AM
What battle? Serena has Sharapova all but sorted out.

ZeroSumGame
Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:23 AM

Oh wow! I actually felt YEC2012 finals was Sharapova's best chance to beat Serena; the indoor conditions and slow courts favored her serving & setting up her shots, besides she was in great form heading into the finals. IMO YEC2012 was Maria's best results against Serena in terms of both score and overall stats since Wimbledon 2010. I think we're past that time when "both are somewhere near their best" ...its now more like who has figured out the other's game & can read it well;)

Trickle
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:05 AM
AO 2005... without a doubt. The match was fierce. Both hitting really great shots. Both had that fighting spirit in them. The intensity was electric.

young_gunner913
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
2005 AO SF - great match.

Serena was severely hampered in 2004 YEC. The AO was better, you didn't know who was going to win that match.

He doesn't like the AO match. It made him hole up in his room for days. :lol:

bandabou
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:19 AM

'04 YEC, Serena was clearly injured...so how can you say that was her B-game?! :help:
Anyways, glad to see that as usual you're the only deluded Mashatard who claims that '04 YEC was better than '05 oz open. :lol: Stop staring so blindly at just stats.

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
They were both only good in patches but the AO SF was far more memorable for me. They never played well at the same time at the YEC in 04.

Yeah the last set in OZ 2005 was quite good, there was just one service break before Maria served for the match. The first set was horrible from Serena though she was forcing her forehands like crazy, Maria didn't have to do much to get the lead but she was quite good on her own service games.

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 09:09 AM

The first set set was atrocious but like I said, I found the last set quite good.
And Maria wasn't that bad against Kuz, after losing the first set she took the lead quite easily (6-2 in the second set) and even served for the match at 5-1 in the last set, I wouldn't say that she barely scraped Kuz :lol: beside I think Kuz was always a tough opponent for Maria on slow HC so 2 and 2 in the last two sets deserve a mention.
But I agree to say that Maria was indeed up and down the whole tournament, don't know if it was because the pressure was huge on her shoulders and that after winning Wimbledon and YEC she was the huge fave to win this but she definitely wasn't herself in many matches she basically lost all sets who were very closed in every meeting, I wasn't THAT surprised when she lost 75 and 86 to Serena, you could see in her first matches that she just couldn't win the closed sets.

Royals.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Definitely AO 05, was so tired of Carillo constantly saying how much greater Maria was than Serena, even after Serena won would not shutup about it.

THIS.

Carillo was such a PRESSED BITCH. When Serena finally started to bring her A game in that match. She went quiet.:rolleyes:

That bitch has always hated Serena. She had such a fake smile at USO 12 when Serena was collecting her winners trophy. :lol:

Anyway, it's a shame these two have only played 2 matches where they were both somewhere near their best (their YEC matches in 2004 and 2012 -- the former being Maria's A game vs Serena's B game, the latter being Serena's A-game versus Maria's B-game). Hopefully at some point they both bring their A-games against each other :yeah:

YEC 2004 was hardly high quality. 2005 SF AUSO WAS. Serena's mental strength completely damaged Maria.

Sweetie no. Serena had NO serve whatsoever. How was that her B GAME? More like C-.

2012 Olympics was Serena's A Game Vs Maria's A Game. Maria was playing perfectly fine in that match and throughout the whole tournament. Her "A" Game just isn't a match for Serena's A Game. :wavey:

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
2012 Olympics was Serena's A Game Vs Maria's A Game. Maria was playing perfectly fine in that match and throughout the whole tournament. Her "A" Game just isn't a match for Serena's A Game. :wavey:

:lol: Serena was more bothered with her hair because of the wind than by Maria.
Serena was great in OG2012 but let's not pretend that Maria's A game should win just 1 game over Serena, that's just not possible :lol: anyway I think we all noticed that you're just a troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Viktymise
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
I miss 2005.

Royals.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
:lol: Serena was more bothered with her hair because of the wind than by Maria.
Serena was great in OG2012 but let's not pretend that Maria's A game should win just 1 game over Serena, that's just not possible :lol: anyway I think we all noticed that you're just a troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Why isn't it possible? Was Masha injured during the Olympics final? :lol:

Masha was in PERFECT form, she just couldn't handle Serena at her very best. You'll make excuses all the time Masha gets her ass whopped by Serena. You claim Masha was playing her "B" game during the Olympics final. I'd like to know what her A game is between an A game Serena then. Maybe 3 games more? :lol:

If her B game can only win her 1 game point. :oh: :lol:

MrProdigy555
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Why isn't it possible? Was Masha injured during the Olympics final? :lol:

Masha was in PERFECT form, she just couldn't handle Serena at her very best. You'll make excuses all the time Masha gets her ass whopped by Serena. You claim Masha was playing her "B" game during the Olympics final. I'd like to know what her A game is between an A game Serena then. Maybe 3 games more? :lol:

If her B game can only win her 1 game point. :oh: :lol:
You know they're going to bring up her "stomach virus," right? :lol:

Anyway, I chose AO '05. I live for the dramaz in tennis matches. Maria hit great shots; Serena hit great shots. It was a battle.

YEC04...no. How can you choose a match like that? lol. Just a mess.

*and, in my opinion, Sharapova's level of play doesn't matter if Serena is at her A-level. Serena won't allow Maria to do anything, because Serena's game-plan vs Sharapova is to devour her serve with return winners, sickening groundstrokes, and moving her from one side of the court to the other. Serena suffocates her.

doomsday
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
You know they're going to bring up her "stomach virus," right? :lol:

Anyway, I chose AO '05. I live for the dramaz in tennis matches. Maria hit great shots; Serena hit great shots. It was a battle.

*and, in my opinion, Sharapova's level of play doesn't matter if Serena is at her A-level. Serena won't allow Maria to do anything, because Serena's game-plan vs Sharapova is to devour her serve with return winners, sickening groundstrokes, and moving her from one side of the court to the other. Serena suffocates her.

No kidding I wasn't aware of that.:lol:
We all know Serena's game plan against Maria, it's just that I believe Maria playing well can win more than 1 game no matter how good Serena is.
Even in OG meeting, Maria had many game points on her own serve she ended up doing shit most of the time.

Serena is great but stop trying to make her look like a human machine or sth that's not gonna work.

Sammo
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
The Olympics Final

No seriously the 2010 Wimbledon match was great

Royals.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
You know they're going to bring up her "stomach virus," right?:lol:

*and, in my opinion, Sharapova's level of play doesn't matter if Serena is at her A-level. Serena won't allow Maria to do anything, [B]because Serena's game-plan vs Sharapova is to devour her serve with return winners, sickening groundstrokes, and moving her from one side of the court to the other. Serena suffocates her.[B]

Haha yeah. *waits for that excuse*

Who has the GIF of the YEC2012 match when Serena hit that winner on MP? It would completely back up your fact. :lol:

Viktymise
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
No seriously the 2010 Wimbledon match was great

No, no.

That was just Serena "all serve" Williams, with a few episodic displays of inspiration from Sharapova and not much else. No rallies, no rhythm.

hankqq
Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Without a doubt I'm picking the 2005 AO SF match. There was SO much riding on it for Serena as some in the press had already labeled Sharapova as the better player who was about to dominate tennis. Serena started the match off in poor form but found her way just when she was facing elimination.

rjd1111
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
2012 Olympics.

One-sided battles exist.

This one does it for me too.

One game kept Serena from haveing 2 double Bagels

this year. Not an easy thing to do.

Stonerpova
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
No, no.

That was just Serena "all serve" Williams, with a few episodic displays of inspiration from Sharapova and not much else. No rallies, no rhythm.

This. Watch the highlights of that match and the longest rallies are maybe 5 shots. Other than some amazing serving by Serena and some sledgehammers off the return by Sharapova it wasn't a great match. It was overhyped because Sharapova came to play against Serena for the first time in a while and the matches at that tournament overall were very meh. It was a very tight first set (that Maria did a fantastic job choking away) and there was a lot of intensity but the match itself was average.

MrProdigy555
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
I agree for the most part. Great serving from Serena. Some disgustingly good return of serve winners from both, but that was it. :shrug:

doni1212
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
AO 2005 SF was such a classic. LOVE LOVE LOVE! :hearts:

i.will2
Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
That 2005 AO SF match will go down in Serena's career as one of her greatest comeback wins. She was down match point on Sharapova's serve and came up with the shots necessary in the clutch to win. Great moment for her especially after losing 2 big Finals to Maria in 2004 this was the start of a long road of dominance in their H2H

Diesel
Dec 4th, 2012, 02:19 AM
AO 2005 SF was such a classic. LOVE LOVE LOVE! :hearts:

The way Serena snatched victory from Maria was delicious.

shoryuken
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Indeed the Goddess of Tennis saving all those MPs.

http://i.minus.com/iU7sD0fjALFna.gif

Dominic
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
What battle?

They're in the poll title :weirdo:

Dominic
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
No kidding I wasn't aware of that.:lol:
We all know Serena's game plan against Maria, it's just that I believe Maria playing well can win more than 1 game no matter how good Serena is.
Even in OG meeting, Maria had many game points on her own serve she ended up doing shit most of the time.

Serena is great but stop trying to make her look like a human machine or sth that's not gonna work.

:worship::worship::worship:

The Dawntreader
Dec 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM
2005 AO SF. If only for the incredible intensity in the third set. Generally the level of play was rather scrappy, but accentuated by the drama.

Charleston was ok, but Serena absolutely demolished her in the 3rd. I think she only conceded 9 points.

HRHoliviasmith
Dec 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM

:bigcry:

Serenita
Dec 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM

:hearts: Yes this was my favorite out of the list. But best kick ass beat down, OZZY 07:worship:

MrProdigy555
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Yas!

JamieOwen3
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I've told this in the player forum a few times.

AO 2005 SF as it's the match that made me a complete Maria fan, I already liked her before that but in a growing on me sort of way. She had my respect for what she had done in 2004. Winning that 2005 AO SF could have given her a big head *Teen Maria just didn't give a fuck and was a lot more in your face than current Maria :lol:* she took the loss as well as anyone could have at 17 that showed maturity there. It was endearing to me and it was like a light switch :lol:

On top of that Serena had won *at the time it was late in the morning in the UK and I stayed up to watch. Had raw fingertips at the end and woke my parents up when I did a Lakeisha and screamed "YESSSS".

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/When-youre-trying-to-sleep-after-watching-a-scary-movie-and-every-noise-makes-you.gif

Which led to my dad storming down stairs and literally used these words *this gif is perfect*

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma1v1zjIw71ruav3u.gif

Sund7101
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
2005 AO Semifinal for sure. That match would change their rivalry, well not really a rivalry anymore, forever. What a gutsy performance from Serena! Coming up with the shots that she did to save match points was really incredible. I think Sharapova is still haunted by that match when she plays against Serena.

Geisha
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FROM START TO FINISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LMAO

Smitten
Dec 4th, 2012, 10:25 PM
the latter being Serena's A-game versus Maria's B-game

death

I almost choked and died.

Kasey
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:31 AM

That's what I'm talking about:bounce:

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
It happened this year on the green grass of Wimbledon. Thing is, no one was wearing all white. Go figure https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wgp7y2PZOcE/UFyj5u_gxVI/AAAAAAAAADE/oOA1fHtVvG0/s212/Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidowne.gif

i.will2
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM

This is the point that I vividly remember watching. Serena was down match point and I just hoped Sharapova didn't have an ace coming. She won this point and from that moment I KNEW she was going to win. She hasn't looked back since then hahahaha

MrProdigy555
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
This is the point that I vividly remember watching. Serena was down match point and I just hoped Sharapova didn't have an ace coming. She won this point and from that moment I KNEW she was going to win. She hasn't looked back since then hahahaha
I love Serena's expressions. :hearts:

harloo
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Wow, I still remember watching this match live and at this point I thought Serena would lose. Then she saved all those match points and for the first time(during the match) Maria looked visibly shaken. She was so confident and playing in peak form but when Serena saved those match point it broke her spirit. From that point on, I knew Serena would beat her but I never thought she would go on a streak against Maria for years to come.

Mightymirza
Dec 6th, 2012, 03:34 PM
The one over Dimitrov? :lol: :p

Monzanator
Dec 6th, 2012, 11:00 PM
There were never any battles. Serena spanked Maria's butt every time she actually wanted to :shrug: The only matches which didn't feature a bagel were because Serena didn't give a damn and played at 0,00000333 % or was injured.

Cosmic Voices
Dec 6th, 2012, 11:10 PM
There were never any battles. Serena spanked Maria's butt every time she actually wanted to :shrug: The only matches which didn't feature a bagel were because Serena didn't give a damn and played at 0,00000333 % or was injured.

:oh:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 7th, 2012, 07:03 AM
The battle for Dimitrov is shaping up quite well :oh:.

faboozadoo15
Dec 7th, 2012, 07:15 AM
The 2005 AO match was really great. I think that it still stands as the highest rated tennis match in ESPN history or something. And LIVE it would have been aired at an unfriendly time in the US.

Steffibestever
Dec 7th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I would pick the 2012 Olympic final as it was a match both players played at their best, and we saw how they compare peak to peak.

Royals.
Dec 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I would pick the 2012 Olympic final as it was a match both players played at their best, and we saw how they compare peak to peak.

Exactly. Maria was playing peak tennis but it couldn't match up to Serenas. :D

Maria was really TRYING out there. But Serena had "nothing to lose". Maria is higher ranked afterall. :haha: :haha:

Lachy
Dec 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Exactly. Maria was playing peak tennis but it couldn't match up to Serenas. :D

Maria was really TRYING out there. But Serena had "nothing to lose". Maria is higher ranked afterall. :haha: :haha:

YAAAAAAAAAASSS. You IZ pressed flat :hysteric:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 7th, 2012, 11:41 AM
YAAAAAAAAAASSS. You IZ pressed flat :hysteric:

probably because masha whooped his/her fave timelessly at Wimbledon

bandabou
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:56 PM

:lol: Ah please...Maria had her 15 minutes of fame, but all the spankings she got since..everybody has come to accept that those two wins were just flukes and Serena's the better player by 10 miles. :lol:

Royals.
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM

They have had VERY close matches actually. Laura just didn't get her shit together that's all. 2013 is a new year, lets see how that goes hunny.

Masha will be getting routinely whipped by Rena again. :haha:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM
:lol: Ah please...Maria had her 15 minutes of fame, but all the spankings she got since..everybody has come to accept that those two wins were just flukes and Serena's the better player by 10 miles. :lol:

i was talking about masha vs robson.
wth are you talking about?

Cosmic Voices
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM
They have had VERY close matches actually. Laura just didn't get her shy together that's all. 2013 is a new year, lets see how tht goes hunny.

Masha will be getting routinely whipped by Rena again. :haha:

funny that we're arguing about this and actually off-court they're pretty good friends and practise together a lot :lol:
but the comment about rena is such a go-to defence mechanism - EVERYONE gets their ass handed to them when they play rena fgs :o

Royals.
Dec 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM

EXACTLY!

Bitches are saying I'm pressed?!
I'm just admitting the truth sweeties. :wavey:

Cosmic Voices
Dec 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM
omg you guys are so retarded
read my comments and put them relevant to the reply

1. i was talking about masha vs robson - so how did rena beating down masha become relevant?
2. why does rena beating down masha always link to masha beating another player - lethallaura: how does masha beating robson have relevance to your love for rena demolishing mash? some posters just support vicariously through rena because they despise masha.

you are just. i cannot :facepalm:

doomsday
Dec 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM

First - A major title will NEVER be considered as a fluke no matter how hard you want it to be.
Second - he wasn't even talking about Serena but you just can't help it and try to compare Maria against Serena everytime even though like you said Serena is the greater player.:help:

Royals.
Dec 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM
omg you guys are so retarded
read my comments and put them relevant to the reply

1. i was talking about masha vs robson - so how did rena beating down masha become relevant?
2. why does rena beating down masha always link to masha beating another player - lethallaura: how does masha beating robson have relevance to your love for rena demolishing mash? some posters just support vicariously through rena because they despise masha.

you are just. i cannot :facepalm:

Sweetie, YOU referred to my fave in this thread. This is about Serena and Sharapovas "battle" not Laura. So why are you going off topic??

I'm discussing Masha getting dragged across the court everytime she plays Rena. :wavey:

doomsday
Dec 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I'm discussing Masha getting dragged across the court everytime she plays Rena. :wavey:

Which isn't the point either since the thread mentions the battle who happened against each other and not the beatdowns.:wavey:

bandabou
Dec 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
First - A major title will NEVER be considered as a fluke no matter how hard you want it to be.
Second - he wasn't even talking about Serena but you just can't help it and try to compare Maria against Serena everytime even though like you said Serena is the greater player.:help:

a major title no, but a victory certainly can...;)

The post replied to Serena's win at the Olympics, so I thought it was directed to Serena..but I guess not. :lol:

Dominic
Dec 8th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Is that LethalLaura for real seriously? :weirdo: