PDA

View Full Version : PEAK on CLAY: Ivanovic vs Kuzzy vs Jankovic vs Safina

liuxuan
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:18 PM
These 4 ladies were the 4 non-henin stand out clay players for a few years from 2007 onwards, however all 4 have struggled for form over the last couple of years (safina actualy might not be returning)

Who do you think is the best at their peak on clay alone???

Ivanovic H2H on Clay

3-1 vs Kuzzy
2-1 vs JJ
1-1 vs Safina

Kuzzy

1-2 vs JJ
4-3 vs Safina
JJ
1-0 vs safina

Pops Maellard
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Ana :cheer:.

iieSZfYHtUM
89CJ3wokWbg

Julian.
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Dinara Safina.

Doully
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Kuzzy.

Gawd.

StoneRose
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Kuzzy's clearly best.

Evan James
Nov 30th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Ivanovic, and it is not even close. (Obviously, only when she is at her best) :) She is a clear standout talent. :)

Brad[le]y.
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Kuznetsova easily.

JoPova
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Kuznetsova by far.

Evan James
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM
1. Ivanovic
2. Kuznetsova
3. Jankovic
4. Safina

SilverSlam
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Ivanovic and Kuznetsova. French Open>>>Rome and Madrid.

Yarden
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Sveta for sure. She made the finals of RG twice winning once.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

The Dawntreader
Nov 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Kuznetsova. She has by far the biggest and more complete game on clay than any of those 4.

Viktymise
Nov 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Peak Kuznetsova is the best player of all four.

Peak VIP pwned the other three.

Take from that what you will.

nevetssllim
Nov 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Definitely not Jankovic!

Mynarco
Nov 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Kuzzy.

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Kuznetsova

dsanders06
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Kuznetsova, then Safina, then Ivanovic, then Jankovic.

Otlichno
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Kuznetsova easily. :shrug: Followed by Dinara Safina.

Carlsbadwanska
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Not Safina.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Kuzzy at her peak is just incredible especially on clay so I say Kuzzy, Safina being a close second.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Peak kuzy > ana > safina.

Jankovic shouldnt even be in this poll, she is clearly outclassed by the other three. Even at her peak she never even mamaged to reach the finals of RG once.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

Evan James
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I already said the most talented of this 4 is surely Ivanovic. I can accept some of you voted Kuznetsova, but putting Safina ahead of Ivanovic is not worth of discussion. Is that why Ana beat her in the most important clay match in tennis world (RG 2008 final)? Ana has 3-1 vs Kuznetsova on clay, so I think that is why she is better then her also.

In The Zone
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Kuznetsova at her peak competes with the best of them, not just these girls ......

then Safina, then Ivanovic, then Jankovic. Jankovic had no PEAK clay form - she just had her peak game which would outbattle her opponents. It would be ineffective against these girls at their peak. Peak peak peak peak.

Viktymise
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Peak Safina got routined by both a decent Kuznetsova and a decent VIP on clay. She's definitely not a factor in this discussion.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Kuznetsova. Her game was tailor-made for clay.

Expat
Nov 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
kuznetsova ------> safina, ivanovic

non factor:jankovic

delicatecutter
Nov 30th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Baby Ajde! :cheer:

pancake
Nov 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I already said the most talented of this 4 is surely Ivanovic. I can accept some of you voted Kuznetsova, but putting Safina ahead of Ivanovic is not worth of discussion. Is that why Ana beat her in the most important clay match in tennis world (RG 2008 final)? Ana has 3-1 vs Kuznetsova on clay, so I think that is why she is better then her also.

LOL. I am not sure if it's because English is not your first language, but what you mean by you can 'accept' some of the people voting Kuznetsova and 'I already said the blah blah', I mean c'mon you're not the King of tennis or something.

danieln1
Nov 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM

Ivanovic did the same I think :shrug:

Her peak is obviously better than those three

dybbuk
Nov 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I can see an argument for Peak Kuznetsova on clay > Peak Ana on clay in general, but Peak Ana on clay would beat Peak Sveta on clay. Sveta is a good matchup for Ana and it's why Ana always owned her when they were both playing well. After Sveta stopped hitting as flat as she did early on in her career her spin became perfect for someone like Ana who lives off people hitting with topspin to her.

Evan James
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM
LOL. I am not sure if it's because English is not your first language, but what you mean by you can 'accept' some of the people voting Kuznetsova and 'I already said the blah blah', I mean c'mon you're not the King of tennis or something.

Or maybe I am? :lol: Relax, it is just me, Ana's fan, defending my sweetheart. Stop taking comments so seriously here guys. It's just forum after all. :wavey:

bobito
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Only one of them was good enough to beat Henin on clay in 2007. Kuzzy.

MakarovaFan
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM
People seem to be confusing their faves/actual results VS 'peak form'
Regardless of who won what Final or who beat Henin on clay at their BEST on CLAY....
Safina/Kuznetsova--Ivanovic------Jankovic.

Sure Sveta got that one win on clay over Henin, but it was Henin's 2nd match that day after playing a marathon with none other than...Jankovic. That's just as credible as Safina ending Henin's 1st career and on clay at that.

dybbuk
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Only one of them was good enough to beat Henin on clay in 2007. Kuzzy.

Hadn't Justine played like two matches that day? Berlin 2007 was crazy with rain all through it. It's hardly a completely fair benchmark when it's highly likely the other three would have had a shot under the same circumstances.

Stonerpova
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

So did Ivanovic.

bobito
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hadn't Justine played like two matches that day? Berlin 2007 was crazy with rain all through it. It's hardly a completely fair benchmark when it's highly likely the other three would have had a shot under the same circumstances.

Oops! I forgot about that. :facepalm: I stand corrected. I'd still back Kuzzy at her best though.

Potato
Nov 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM
1. Kuzzy
2. Safina
3. Ivanovic
4. Jankovic

Nicolás89
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Out of these Peak Kuznetsova, with her fluky Tier I and impressive RG run and record. :worship:

But Peak Nadija would slay each and single one of them. :hearts:

Ivanovic2008
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:59 PM

So did Ana...

I'd say Ana.

The 2nd Law
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:55 AM
At her peak, I think Ivanovic would handle peak Sveta, just a good match up, but Sveta is a better clay courter.

Yoncé
Dec 1st, 2012, 02:11 AM
Svetlana easily. I'd say Safina is second, however there would be a case for Ana because of her success on clay but I don't think it's enough to over shadow Safina's ability.

Kon.
Dec 1st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Kuznetsova > Ivanovic > Safina >> Jankovic

Helen Lawson
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM
Kuz took the most games off Henin in a RG final.

bandabou
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Sveta>Safina>Ana>Janko. Safina was actually a beast on clay, too bad she couldn't seal the deal at RG.

Sveta is obviously the way more talented of the group, what an underachiever. :o

andyjason
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:46 PM
I would say Kuzzy > Safina > Jankovic > Ivanovic

The Dawntreader
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Why are people saying Safina>Ivanovic? Did you not see the RG final? Ivanovic was hardly in stellar form and still managed to out-play Safina in a routine fashion.

Ivanovic had an actual killer shot on clay that would and did disable Safina. Once she hit her forehand with enough width and pace, Safina could do nothing.

Safina's 'peak' on clay is centred around her immensely physical, gruelling grinding game, hitting a heavy ball with thick margins and eventually out-lasting her opponents.

Kuznetsova and Ivanovic had immediate weaponry, that could break open and finish a rally. Safina and Jankovic never had that kind of luxury.

Evan James
Dec 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM
I would say Kuzzy > Safina > Jankovic > Ivanovic

:lol: Sorry, but this is epic fail.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 1st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Oops! I forgot about that. :facepalm: I stand corrected. I'd still back Kuzzy at her best though.

Didn't Justine pick Sveta to win RG after she retired?

Say Hey Kid
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:29 AM
The sad thing is, Ana's peak was when she was so young. If she stuck with her game instead of being obsessed with losing weight, looking good, and obsessing with fashion..who knows what her peak would have been.

In 2009 when Safrina was on, I thought surely she would capture the RG title. the Oddsmaker made her a heavy favorite vs Kuznetsova. It wasn't to be for her. I think Safina's peak was better than Kuznetsova's. However, Dinara was never able to play her best tennis when it mattered most.

A mental midget in every sense of the word, when Kuzzy was cool as ice.

Ana, Dinara, and Kuzzy are all close here.

JJ shouldn't even be in this poll.

indicapuja
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Sveta >> Dinara >> Jelena / Ana

Joe.
Dec 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
When Sveta is playing her best the only person that could've stopped her on clay would be Henin....

fluffyelloballz
Dec 6th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Ivanovic slightly edges Sveta for me.

Steffibestever
Dec 7th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Kuznetsova and Ivanovic both could be argued. When Ana was at her peak she was even beating Kuznetsova in big matches on hard courts (when Kuznetsova was also roughly at her peak), so the idea Kuznetsova would have it easy on clay vs Ivanovic is false. Thinking Safina at her peak is better than Ivanovic at hers on clay is purely delusional. The 2008 French Open final was by a huge margin Safina`s best performance ever she would have in a slam final and she still got her butt kicked pretty easily by Ana.

Pops Maellard
Dec 7th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Sveta >> Dinara >> Jelena / Ana
Put down that ganja son :lol:.

Anyway I think Ana-Svetlana-Dinara-Maria would've been a better poll than having Lady Jaja in.