PDA

View Full Version : Who is better? Troll Hingis or Troll Rena?

Sammo
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Some nice bitchy quotes from each of them.

http://mujer.orange.es/UpImages/3571/martina_hingis_rompe_su_compromiso_matrimonial_17f 0dc084162c643fb3c56cac.jpg

"I'm glad you're doing this story on us and not on the WNBA. We're so much prettier than all the other women in sports. "

"They always have big mouths. They always talk a lot. It's happened before, so it's gonna happen again. I don't really worry about that" (about the WS)

"What rivalry? I win all the matches" (about her rivalry with Kournikova)

"She's old an slow" (about Novotna)

"Yeah she was running around the court all the time, as if she had a chance or something" (about her match with Smashnova)

"You know, I just beat Lisa Raymond 6-2 6-2, I don't know if that's an indication of good or bad form"

http://cdn1.gossipcenter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_header/photos/serena-williams-pink-swim.jpg

"She just speaks her mind, you I know I guess that has a bit to do with not having a... formal education" (about Hingis)

"Dinara deserves to be number 1... she won Rome and Madrid"

"I'm really exciting. I smile a lot, I win a lot, and I'm really sexy. "

"You're a hater, you're outta control, outta control! You're unattractive on the inside"

"You know if you have 3 Grand Slams you can be number 1 but, not on the WTA Tour"

"I've never been over-dramatic in my whole career. "

"I know a lot of people who are 12 and doing things they shouldn’t be doing. Whether you’re an actress or a singer, it’s always the sexier ones that are selling more tickets or selling more albums." (about Sharapova)

"Bitch..." (about Henin & Sharapova)

And they seem to share their opinion about Mauresmo

Hingis: "She's here with her girlfriend. She's half a man."

Serena:

hxmMtsOrGg4 (2:50)

Nicolás89
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:46 PM
"Yeah she was running around the court all the time, as if she had a chance or something"

Everytime I read this....:tears:

JarkaFish
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Serena doesn't even come close tbh.

binky-GOAT
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:00 PM
"You know, I just beat Lisa Raymond 6-2 6-2, I don't know if that's an indication of good or bad form"

Never saw this :lol:

NoChokes
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hingis was the ultimate troll. The fact that she said all these things with a seemingly sweet, innocent smile on her face just made it all the more funny.

danieln1
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Serena I think is more politically correct I think...

Hingis spoke whatever came to her mind

Barktra
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Hingis definitely was the Regina George of wta

So hands down she wins

dybbuk
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I prefer Lindsay's shade to either of them. Her shade was so much less obvious and passive-aggressive.

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
if it's troll, definitely Martina.

égalité
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Martina "Even Ivanovic" Hingis 6-0 6-0.

bobito
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM
In fairness to Hingis, she was just a kid when she said most of those things. She's gotten a lot classier as she she got older.

liuxuan
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hingis to Lindsay: "do you want me to serve or do you want me to break you" haha

Pops Maellard
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Hingis to Lindsay: "do you want me to serve or do you want me to break you" haha
:lol:

Didn't she say to Kournikova "You think you're the queen? I'm the queen".

i.will2
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Hingis definitely was the Regina George of wta

So hands down she wins

:spit:

Yeah I had to vote for Martina because for Serena she isn't usually intentionally bitchy, I mean yeah she'll throw some shade other players way every now and then but she trys to keep it classy (lately more than before)

Martina Hingis?? I could totally see her being the Queen Bee of a popular group of girls in High school. Made her a tough competitor because you could tell she ACTUALLY thought she was better than everyone, not that her game was better, no just HER. I mean her mother DID name her after one of the Greatest women to ever hold a tennis racket so she grew up with a chip on her shoulder...

Sund7101
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:00 AM
"It's all the time, 'Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods.' I am better than he is. I've been on top longer and I am younger. I'm just better." – Martina Hingis

n1_and_uh_noone
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:02 AM
:rolleyes: I thought this was going to be Sammo/HingisGOAT vs Serenastans ( :lol: I just realized I couldn't single out any one of them. Maybe that is a compliment?)

n1_and_uh_noone
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:04 AM
"It's all the time, 'Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods, Tiger Woods.' I am better than he is. I've been on top longer and I am younger. I'm just better." – Martina Hingis

Just cannot beat the Hingis of yore. This is one instance of all the hype surrounding her being absolutely deserved :worship:

Lin Lin
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:19 AM

Cecig
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Hingis is amazing, I love all this bitchy comments jejeje

Nicolás89
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:01 AM

I know, it is hard to say.

n1_and_uh_noone
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Here's more: :lol:

http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2007/11/04/hingis-controversial-statements-about-other-players/

Hingis said to the German magazine Matchball on facing Serena Williams: "Playing (Serena) it always felt like playing a steamroller. No subtlety, no finesse, just raw, loud power. To respect this style of play was always a bit tough for me, but of course I had to, because the rules of tennis don't state that having a beautiful game is required to become No. 1."

Hingis' view of Maria Sharapova: "She's as mean as a snake. She reminds me of me."

And when she lost only four games at the French Open against Zuzana Ondraskov, Hingis said: "It was a very solid performance, I almost felt sorry for her."

Charlatan
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:35 AM

http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2007/11/04/hingis-controversial-statements-about-other-players/

Hingis said to the German magazine Matchball on facing Serena Williams: "Playing (Serena) it always felt like playing a steamroller. No subtlety, no finesse, just raw, loud power. To respect this style of play was always a bit tough for me, but of course I had to, because the rules of tennis don't state that having a beautiful game is required to become No. 1."

Hingis' view of Maria Sharapova: "She's as mean as a snake. She reminds me of me."

And when she lost only four games at the French Open against Zuzana Ondraskov, Hingis said: "It was a very solid performance, I almost felt sorry for her."

Never ever seen them before! Priceless

young_gunner913
Nov 30th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Martina for sure. Her mouth was constantly writing checks that it couldn't cash unless it was about a scrub.

Dominic
Nov 30th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Hingis by a country mile. Serena is not even funny, just classless and douchy.

Stonerpova
Nov 30th, 2012, 04:45 AM
It's clearly Hingis.

Stamp Paid
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Hingis wins this. She was the Dominic of the WTA tour.

Stamp Paid
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM

Wheres that receipt? Myth never said that.

Dominic
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Hingis wins this. She was the Dominic of the WTA tour.

:) :cheer:

Diesel
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Serena I think is more politically correct I think...

Hingis spoke whatever came to her mind

Hingis was allowed to do so.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cc7iBftkv08#t=609s

:oh:

Hingis was told that Henin was a new improved version of herself; she spat out her juice and said that her game was better :lol:

Dominic
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Hingis was allowed to do so.

And Serena wasn't?

NashaMasha
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Hingis is an ultimate troll

I'm glad you're doing this story on us and not on the WNBA. We're so much prettier than all the other women in sports.

"I'm not a very good morning person. I'm No. 1 in the world, so I should have the right to say what time I want to play on the Centre Court." – Martina Hingis

On beating Monica Seles for the fifth straight time: "I don't know actually how I won this match. Maybe because I always beat her."

"Playing one of the Williamses is like playing the three of them at the same time."

jameshazza
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Wasn't there one where Hingis won a match 6-0, 6-4, and when asked what happened in the second she replied "I was bored and lost my concentration" or something? :sobbing:

Brad[le]y.
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Wasn't there one where Hingis won a match 6-0, 6-4, and when asked what happened in the second she replied "I was bored and lost my concentration" or something? :sobbing:

Yes, her opening match Hilton Head against Barbara Rittner :lol:

"I lost my concentration in the second set because I got bored".

Stamp Paid
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM
y.;22532238']http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cc7iBftkv08#t=609s

:oh:

Hingis was told that Henin was a new improved version of herself; she spat out her juice and said that her game was better :lol:
Where was the lie? :lol:

Brad[le]y.
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Where was the lie? :lol:

Apparently, she didn't see it. :lol:

Henin in her prime was a power player though and was extremely fit; Martina obviously was not. I think she believed that she had better court sense but that Henin was the better athlete.

JarkaFish
Nov 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Henin is definitely a better overall player than Hingis.

charmedRic
Nov 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
:hysteric: I miss hingis so much! :hysteric:

Yashal
Nov 30th, 2012, 11:35 AM

Noooo :bigcry: Never heard this before :sobbing:

BH both wings
Nov 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
There will never be someone like Hingis, she is just the GOAT. And English is only her third language or something ...

hingisGOAT
Nov 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Henin is definitely a better overall player than Hingis.

:spit: Henin isn't a player Hingis would struggle with, I'll just leave it at that

Petronius
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
In fairness to Hingis, she was just a kid when she said most of those things.

Exactly. On the other hand, her lack of maturity was exactly the reason why Helena Sukova dumped her as a doubles partner. :lol:

A funny article on how Helena got fed up with Martina's childish behaviour and ditched her.

http://www.praguepost.com/archivescontent/25160-sukova-set-to-split-with-doubles-partner-hingis.html

I totally love Martina, but I have no illusions about her 'perfectness' :lol:

:haha: :yeah:

ZeroSumGame
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah! I remember Martina was in the news more for her bitchy comments than her wins, at times it was totally over the top ...the media didn't even make an effort to criticize her for this perennial bitchiness, she probably just grew brazen and felt it was normal to act like that. I recall her bitchiness was frequently featured on TSNs plays of the week/month ...amazing how she has changed!!

TSequoia01
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM
During a coin toss once, Hingis tweaked Davenport by saying, " Do you want me to serve or break you? ''

Chrissie-fan
Nov 30th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hingis "I didn't compete in the mixed event this year because I wanted someone else to give the chance to win something" is the GOAT. I think that most of the time she didn't even mean to offend, but was just telling it like it (in her opinion) was. At other times she said things tongue in cheek. But whatever her reasons were there's no denying that many of her comments and one liners were hilarious or at least amusing. She was a character, that's for sure. :worship:

charmedRic
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hingis "I didn't compete in the mixed event this year because I wanted someone else to give the chance to win something" is the GOAT. I think that most of the time she didn't even mean to offend, but was just telling it like it (in her opinion) was. At other times she said things tongue in cheek. But whatever her reasons were there's no denying that many of her comments and one liners were hilarious or at least amusing. She was a character, that's for sure. :worship:

I def remember this one, :lol:

Roookie
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hingis was creative...Serena just classless.

Broken Racquet
Nov 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Serena = honest
Hingis = bitter

FoxyliciousKhat
Nov 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Funny how for Hingis is was absolutely funny, she was GOAT, priceless etc, etch but for Serena she was classless.

Typical hypocrisy

Reference *Dominic

Foxy

Toxic
Nov 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Voted Martina!!

Stay mad, bitch!!

Serenita
Nov 30th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Voted Martina!!

Stay mad, bitch!!
:lol: after all these years he's still bitter:drool:

JarkaFish
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:06 PM
:spit: Henin isn't a player Hingis would struggle with, I'll just leave it at that

http://i.imgur.com/8g9Jd.png

moby
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Didn't Legend say that she wanted to play Maria (during her comeback) to see what the fuss was?

doomsday
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Didn't Legend say that she wanted to play Maria (during her comeback) to see what the fuss was?

No she didn't. She said she wanted to play Maria cause at the time Maria was the only top 10 Hingis never played.

moby
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM
No she didn't. She said she wanted to play Maria cause at the time Maria was the only top 10 Hingis never played.http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=210768

It's always been, 'I wonder what she's got, Sharapova?', because I don't see that she's got something that special... Or do you know? Can you tell? What's so exceptional about her?"

doomsday
Nov 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=210768

:lol: Well, Hingis contradicted herself because I remember her saying that Maria was a great champion mostly because she won Wimbledon at such a young age.

it's kinda funny how martina praised sharapova endlessly during her time off as a commentator, and now that she's back she can't pinpoint what is so special about her. :haha:
hingis is such a media darling, and even if she takes little pokes at sharapova, i'm loving her return.

And I definitely agree with this. I remember her commenting Maria's match over Venus in Miami 2005, she was praising Maria like crazy :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Nov 30th, 2012, 07:36 PM
:lol: Well, Hingis contradicted herself because I remember her saying that Maria was a great champion mostly because she won Wimbledon at such a young age.
I remember Martina being especially delighted when she managed to beat Maria in Tokio in her comeback year 2006. She obviously considered Sharapova the ideal test to find out where her own level was at. This in itself is already a huge compliment. It clearly was not just another win against someone "who's nothing special" in her opinion.

Sammo
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I remember Martina being especially delighted when she managed to beat Maria in Tokio in her comeback year 2006.

More like when she steamrolled her :lol:

Nicolás89
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM

Yea she said something like "She won Wimbledon as a 17 yo, I was 16 when I won Wimbledon". :lol:

doomsday
Nov 30th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Yea she said something like "She won Wimbledon as a 17 yo, I was 16 when I won Wimbledon". :lol:

More like she defeated Serena, sth I couldn't even do in a major final when Serena was just a kid.

moby
Nov 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
More like she defeated Serena, sth I couldn't even do in a major final when Serena was just a kid.Legend's H2H with Sarin is almost even. Martha could never.

doomsday
Nov 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Legend's H2H with Sarin is almost even. Martha could never.

Career Slam. BYE.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

jameshazza
Nov 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM
doomsday :hysteric:

Nabalonge
Nov 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM

You can be classy with put downs? I think it's obvious people like you are bothered with Serena to the point of distraction, but don't be a hypocrite even if it's amusing.

Dominic
Dec 1st, 2012, 04:39 AM
Funny how for Hingis is was absolutely funny, she was GOAT, priceless etc, etch but for Serena she was classless.

Typical hypocrisy

Reference *Dominic

Hmm I guess you're not aware that there is a difference between witty and classless :lol:

J4m3ka
Dec 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM
Hmm I guess you're not aware that there is a difference between witty and classless :lol:

So calling Mauresmo "half a man" falls under the witty category now and isn't classless at all? :spit:

Sammo
Dec 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
So calling Mauresmo "half a man" falls under the witty category now and isn't classless at all? :spit:

Ehem, hi?

And they seem to share their opinion about Mauresmo

Hingis: "She's here with her girlfriend. She's half a man."

Serena:

hxmMtsOrGg4 (2:50)

Hingis at least said she was half a man

Mistress of Evil
Dec 1st, 2012, 03:23 PM
"I know a lot of people who are 12 and doing things they shouldn’t be doing. Whether you’re an actress or a singer, it’s always the sexier ones that are selling more tickets or selling more albums." (about Sharapova)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdk4alfMI21qltqg1.gif

Sammo
Dec 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdk4alfMI21qltqg1.gif

http://www.tennis-x.com/playerquotes/Serena-Williams.php

MakarovaFan
Dec 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
They had different types of bitchiness:
Hingis usually spoke with a brash cockiness and often speaking out of her ass with a bit of humour behind it. It was almost like she spoke what was in her head and she often told it how it was, which came out as bitchy.

Serena usually spoke with bitterness(stosur's shanks, henin's 'lucky' shots, i only played 10%, maria being over rated after being asked by people magazine about the most overrated thing in the world...to say Sharapova just showed how pressed she was). Though lately, as she has matured, she adds a bit of humor with subtle yet obvious shade.

FoxyliciousKhat
Dec 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM

I guess not. Seems it the same as not being aware there is a difference between an idiot and you.

Foxy

Brad[le]y.
Dec 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Legend's H2H with Sarin is almost even. Martha could never.

She was also the last to defeat Lordrena in an odd year at the AO :worship:

Smitten
Dec 1st, 2012, 11:17 PM
Legend for sure, but both are my faves. They are the two most exciting and extroverted personalities the tour has ever and will ever see.

Dominic
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:30 AM
I guess not. Seems it the same as not being aware there is a difference between an idiot and you.

Foxy

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb14e0K54B1qm6zd9.gif

stay pressed

brickhousesupporter
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Ehem, hi?

Hingis at least said she was half a man
So why do you keep posting this. I still don't see where Serena called her a man?

Annie.
Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:30 AM
So why do you keep posting this. I still don't see where Serena called her a man?

:lol: Why does he keep posting that? What is his point?

Sammo
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM

:lol: Why does he keep posting that? What is his point?

Nooooooooo starring in a sketch for MadTV in which Mauresmo is a man is not calling her a man, at all. She probably asked them to do that :lol:

brickhousesupporter
Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Nooooooooo starring in a sketch for MadTV in which Mauresmo is a man is not calling her a man, at all. She probably asked them to do that :lol:
Yes, let us make up an assumption about Serena to justify your agenda. It seems like your problem is with the madtv casting director and script writers. Using your logic, I guess Andy Roddick was calling BJK a man when he was on Saturday Night Live and BJK was played by a man (Fred Armisen). Afterall, he probably asked for them to do it.

hingis-seles
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Legend for sure, but both are my faves. They are the two most exciting and extroverted personalities the tour has ever and will ever see.

Pre-stabbing Monica Seles. Her withdrawl from Wimbledon '91 caused more drama than any withdrawl by Legend or Serena. Not to mention the digs at Steffi & Co.

Olórin
Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM

That's an absurd assumption. Not everyone is at Hingis' level in terms of stereotyping and quasi-homophobic offensive comments.