PDA

View Full Version : sara errani

polly
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:52 AM
sara errani's remarkabe rise to the top ten, i was just wondering what were her coaches, and sara's expectations, did she expect to make to the top ten

Arthur.
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
She stated she worked hard but results were surprising for her, Coach should be Pablo (Paolo?) Lazano, and his contribute has been decisive, mainly but not only on the mental issues: a few words help Sara more than any advise ;)

AnnieIWillKnow
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:16 PM
There was something about her switching to a longer racket as well, which meant she was able to generate a lot more power. I think she had to buy her way out of her current contract or something.

MS
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM
She stated she worked hard but results were surprising for her, Coach should be Pablo (Paolo?) Lazano, and his contribute has been decisive, mainly but not only on the mental issues: a few words help Sara more than any advise ;)

Pablo Lozano, he is Spanish ;)

Arthur.
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Pablo Lozano, he is Spanish ;)

Sorry I had just heard this name once, in her match against Radwanska at Istanbul this year :)

The racked, as she stated, has been important, too. She even called it "Excalibur" :lol:

Shvedbarilescu
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM
There was something about her switching to a longer racket as well, which meant she was able to generate a lot more power. I think she had to buy her way out of her current contract or something.

Yeah, I think the racket was pivotal. It isn't easy playing this sport against opponents who are all 3 to 10 inches taller than you.

When people talk about Errani as if she is somehow less talented than most of her peers I actually think otherwise. The fact that she is able to have the success she does despite the liability of her height actually makes her achievements even more remarkable. Imagine if she was able to serve from a 6 foot plus height? It is worth noting that Azarenka was the only player more effective than Errani at breaking serve last year. If Sara had a big serve as well just imagine....

So anyway, the fact that Sara is undeniably short, by tennis player standards, is definately a liability for her and that racket has thankfully at least gone some of the way towards lessening that liability.