PDA

View Full Version : WTA Top 10 discuss on how to beat Serena

producer88
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
_-srC2mSA-Q

I don't know if this has been posted. The top 10 discuss on how to beat Serena. It seems none of them have an answer to that puzzle.

Aww Princess Vika:

"I want to beat her"
"Obviously tough, I only beat her once"

:hug: Don't worry maybe one day, I doubt it but maybe.

GOATdin0931
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:03 PM
:hysteric:

CloudAtlas
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Sharapova not asked/didn't answer/stormed off/had her publicist intercept the question prior to the interview.

Royals.
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM
DEAD LMAO!!!

Serena has these BITCHES SCARED!!! :lol: :lol: :oh: :oh:

Royals.
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM
DEAD LMAO!!!

Halepsova
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Sharapova not asked/didn't answer/stormed off/had her publicist intercept the question prior to the interview.

Soreloserpova avoided the question by saying Seles is the toughest player to beat, I heard. :rolleyes:

producer88
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM
DEAD LMAO!!!

Soreloserpova avoided the question by saying Seles is the toughest player to beat, I heard. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::haha::haha::haha::happy::happy:

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:23 PM
OMG Serena is the star of WTA. That video felt like the one from Mean girls when everyone was sharing their opinions on Regina :hysteric:.

producer88
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:25 PM
OMG Serena is the star of WTA. That video felt like the one from Mean girls when everyone was sharing their opinions on Regina :hysteric:.

:lol::lol::lol:

Royals.
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:26 PM
OMG ERRANI AHAHAHAHA.

She knows she will NEVER beat Serena :oh: :oh: she is so cute already admitting defeat :lol:

saint2
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Kerber speaking with polish accent. Agnieszka- no polish accent whatsoever.
Where's Wozniacki ? Shes top10 and she beat Serena last year..

BadgerM
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM

Or she gave the polite/boring/PR answer that wasn't as interesting as what the others had to say. More to do with the program's time limit, I would guess. Don't think Li's answer was in there either.

Edit: In response to the sore loser comment(s) above and below, none of us know what goes on in Maria's head. She'd answer the questions as she can and has been honest in the past about the lack of rivalry, but if you're expecting her to come out and say she sucks and will never beat Serena again, don't hold your breath.

Jimmie48
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:30 PM
:yawn:

Brad[le]y.
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:37 PM
:rolls: at them showing shaking hands with Serena.

To answer the question, to challenge Serena you need to be a good mover like Clijsters, Henin, Venus, Capriati, JJ, or even Hingis whom despite her physical limitations was a great mover. They all forced Serena to play more than one great shot and could come up with good shots on their own. But at the end of the day, Serena at their best was just way better than them.

shoryuken
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Serena is very difficult to beat when she is on. She said it best at the 2007 AO.

http://i.minus.com/iDiuVG8VL4nSa.gif

Olórin
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Not too many ideas then. :lol:

With Venus ill, Kim injured then retired there's no-one who can keep up with Serena when she hits her top level as we've pretty much seen at all the big stages since 2008 or so. In a way it's sad for the competition at the top. But it's also good for those who admire the showcasing of true sublimity.

Stamp Paid
Nov 27th, 2012, 09:57 PM
They all kept it cute. They know better.

Royals.
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
They all kept it cute. They know better.

IKR.

They kept it cute and mute. Just the way it should be. :lol:

Roookie
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Generation SUCK players :lol:

tejmeglekvár
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Oh, they didnt look exactly convinced.

The Dawntreader
Nov 27th, 2012, 10:51 PM
They're the wrong players to ask.

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
The best one was Li's forlorn account of playing Serena in another take of that interview :lol:

Na: "I try my best against her every time but it's never enough..."
Interviewer: "... :(. You'll get her some day..." Or something like that.

Annie.
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:37 AM

Yes! That's the first thing I thought about.

Raise your hand if you have ever been personally victimized by Serena Williams?

http://i.imgur.com/bdaeb.gif

someone should add the faces of the top 10 girls :crying2:

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:46 AM
The Serena-suck fest continues :lol:

MercuriePL
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Caro/Aga beated her in 2012... Caro in Aga's Highlight Tournament, Aga in exho in singles and mixed...

Cecig
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Kerber beat her this year so..., is not that hard for her

Stonerpova
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Just be anyone but Sharapova and draw her at one of the fall tournaments before the YEC and voila! Best win of your career!

i.will2
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:08 AM
LOL this is a terrible question to ask the top 10 players in the world...but they handled it as well as they could :spit: :haha:

If they really wanted to seriously discuss this just have a players meeting at Indian Wells, and make the entire agenda about how to beat Serena. I think allowing Sybille Bammer to chair the committee on, "How to Beat Serena", would be appropriate as well....

JarkaFish
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:11 AM
How to beat Serena Williams? Well you might want to start off with having your serve not be absolute trash.

That's the key, really.

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Just be anyone but Sharapova and draw her at one of the fall tournaments before the YEC and voila! Best win of your career!

DEATH @ the idea of God playing those MMs.

Brad[le]y.
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Kerber beat her this year so..., is not that hard for her

Serena was trying to tank that entire tournament. It took a decent player to finally get her :lol:

Stonerpova
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Oh and the other option is to get your hands on a time machine and then go back to 2001 (peak Chokerena).

JarkaFish
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Doesn't matter how good you are in your ground game when your serve completely screws you over.

harloo
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:31 AM
:tape::tape::lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8cXp9qCIAAbJNf.jpg

Cajka
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:57 AM
It's the highest level of tennis we've seen so far in women's game. When she's on, there's no correct answer to this question. Even her own sister has no answer to that. But when she's slightly off, there are chances, but I guess that those girls are smart enough not to reveal their ideas in this interview. From these girls Kerber and Vika would stand the biggest chance of beating Serena when she's not playing her very best tennis.

Nicolás89
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Could anyone understand what Sara wanted to said!? :help: :lol:

andyjason
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:26 AM
:tape::tape::lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8cXp9qCIAAbJNf.jpg

That's awesome!:haha::haha::haha:

andyjason
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:30 AM
In my opinion, the chance of beating Serena from the top 10 + Bartoli is in the following order:

1) Kerber
2) Stosur
3) Azarenka
4) Bartoli
5) Li
6) Kvitova
7) Wozniacki
8) Radwanska
9) Sharapova
10) Errani

GAGAlady
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:43 AM
That's rich for Maria to talk about Monica Seles, a player in which by 2004 had retired completely. So how can Maria state that she's the toughest? Did they play? If they did I can't recall.

Maria your clearly delusional about your own inability to win against Serena. Nobody is fooled by that sarcastic response. It did make me laugh tho.

Serena's little bitch. So hilarious

ZeroSumGame
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:50 AM
:lol: This sounds like the famed Mice in Council folklore, where a young mouse got up in council and said that a bell should be hung around the cat's neck so all the mice would be able to hear when it was coming closer. :wavey::wavey:

However, an older mouse got up and spoke, "This is a really good idea but who is going to tie the bell around the cat's neck?" :lol::lol:

Serena is very dangerous: she's strong, powerful, quick, fast, smart, good eye, & mentally supreme (tall order to ask)

Patrick345
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:57 AM
y.;22524902']Serena was trying to tank that entire tournament. It took a decent player to finally get her :lol:

Regardless of Serena´s effort that day Kerber is probably the worst match-up for Serena in the top 10. A great defender that can absorb power and use it against you by turning defense into offense quickly and catch Serena off-guard. Kerber also possesses some variety in terms of length and shots. Additionally she is left-handed. Call me crazy, but if you start a rally from neutral and asked me to pick one player in the top 10 to beat Serena it would be Kerber. In the rallies she actually has the perfect style to challenge Serena. Kerber´s problem is her own reach on ROS and her own serve are so far inferior that she´ll always be in trouble from the start.

Besides that I want to puke, when I hear elite players concede to Serena. I was perfectly fine with Sharapova saying Seles. Why would you kiss the a** of an active rival. That´s just stupid. When your or her career is over, you can say that Serena was the best and the toughest, but not now, when you are still competing against her.

IceSkaTennisFan
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:58 AM
That's rich for Maria to talk about Monica Seles, a player in which by 2004 had retired completely. So how can Maria state that she's the toughest? Did they play? If they did I can't recall.

http://www.wtatennis.com/headtohead/maria-sharapova_2255881_9499/0,,12781~9499~7354,00.html

They played once ten years ago. Maria's lost to Serena 8 straight times since 2005. Time for a reality check.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Besides that I want to puke, when I hear elite players concede to Serena. I was perfectly fine with Sharapova saying Seles. Why would you kiss the a** of an active rival. That´s just stupid. When your or her career is over, you can say that Serena was the best and the toughest, but not now, when you are still competing against her.

This , otherwise after saying " Serena is unbeatable" she will have say goodbye to WTA and retire . The likes of Azarenka are just hoping that early or later Serena retires, so they feel comfortable being Rena's bitches

They played once ten years ago. Maria's lost to Serena 8 straight times since 2005. Time for a reality check.

She still won more matches vs Serena than the likes of Azarenka, Kvitova, Radwanska , Li , Kerber etc

By the way, i'd like to hear Sam Stosur's answer on this question

Cajka
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:02 AM

This makes perfect sense, actually. It's refreshing to get a new perspective on this.

shoryuken
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:24 AM

Actually Maria has lost to Serena 9 times in a row. It's the longest winning streak Serena has against a single player since Capriati which was 8.

edit: actually Azarenka lost to Serena 9 times in a row as well.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Actually Maria has lost to Serena 9 times in a row. It's the longest winning streak Serena has against a single player since Capriati which was 8.

Azarenka has lost to Serena 9 times in a row :wavey:

Charlatan
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:33 AM
They should ask the question to Vikapower instead

shoryuken
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:35 AM

Right I was just going to edit my post. WTA website didn't update Azarenka's head to head for some reason hmmm :scratch: So I guess Azarenka and Sharapova hold that honor :lol:

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:42 AM

and next year Azarenka will definitely win this race :lol:

dencod16
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:16 AM
The problem with is that the only way to get Serena is to make her uncomfortable. However, right now she is willing to defend more than anytime in her career. And with Kerber, it makes me laugh that you guys take her victory over Serena seriously because if you watch Serena matches throughout the Cinci tournament she was playing just awful tennis, the problem was the others were just to at awe at name "Serena Williams" to see what is going on. I have to pick Li if someone gives Serena a hard time. Maybe the proper person to ask is Petrova on how to beat or put Serena on the edge.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:44 AM
It's compulsory to look like a mug and have 0% possibility to win vs Serena to make her beleive that match is Walkover and then play a match of the life ... like Razzano did

that's the main strategy to beat Serena

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:47 AM
The problem with is that the only way to get Serena is to make her uncomfortable. However, right now she is willing to defend more than anytime in her career. And with Kerber, it makes me laugh that you guys take her victory over Serena seriously because if you watch Serena matches throughout the Cinci tournament she was playing just awful tennis, the problem was the others were just to at awe at name "Serena Williams" to see what is going on. I have to pick Li if someone gives Serena a hard time. Maybe the proper person to ask is Petrova on how to beat or put Serena on the edge.
Petrova can take care of her own serve AND has the groundstrokes to challenge Serena.

Kerber is not the player to challenge Serena. Petrova, Li Na, Azarenka occasionally...who else?

*Sharapova not naming Serena is just funny. lol. If anything, it shows how much Serena has gotten in her brain.

effedcamel
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:47 AM
IKR.

They kept it cute and mute. Just the way it should be. :lol:

if none of these "bitches" ever bothered to join the tour, would there be any point to Serena's existence? hard to have (lopsided) competition when there's no one to play with.

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:48 AM
It's compulsory to look like a mug and have 0% possibility to win vs Serena to make her beleive that match is Walkover and then play a match of the life ... like Razzano did

Serena mentally crumbled during that match. It wasn't Razzano's doing.

effedcamel
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Serena mentally crumbled during that match. It wasn't Razzano's doing.

give some credit...Razzano hung in there to push the meltdown along. not like she was standing at the baseline twirling her hair while Serena beat herself up with her racket on the other side

Royals.
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM
The Serena-suck fest continues :lol:

MESS :spit: stfd

Hunny, you know it's true!

Serenas the bull dog and Sharapova is the poodle! :oh: :oh: :lol: :lol:

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:59 AM
if none of these "bitches" ever bothered to join the tour, would there be any point to Serena's existence? hard to have (lopsided) competition when there's no one to play with.

so it wasn't Razzano , who scored 30 winners , had better first serve % (66 to 53) with quite decent average speed , defended well?

Serena had a bad serving day and going for too much when trying to make ROS winners in 3d set , missing most of them. But it was Razzano who made her "go for too much"

Royals.
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:01 AM

The point of them in the tour is to get routinely destroyed by Serena. :worship: :worship:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:03 AM
give some credit...Razzano hung in there to push the meltdown along. not like she was standing at the baseline twirling her hair while Serena beat herself up with her racket on the other sideNeither Serena nor Virginie were in control that day.

That whole match was decided by Satan's dark forces, in order for his youngest daughter to win Roland Garros this year.

effedcamel
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Neither Serena nor Virginie were in control that day.

That whole match was decided by Satan's dark forces, in order for his youngest daughter to win Roland Garros this year.

:lol: it all makes sense now! the crying, the almost comeback (i think?), the screaming

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:22 AM
:lol: it all makes sense now! the crying, the almost comeback (i think?), the screamingAnd the crowd atmosphere - it was the most eerie, bizarre match in tennis history. The Queen was fighting against all the forces of evil, against Satan and his daughter. She didn't win that day, but righteousness prevailed ultimately at the end of the year.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM

See, I get the whole joke/mock thing, but many would be pretty offended by that statement. :shrug:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:46 AM

Definitely agree here.
Beside I know Serena stopped Maria from winning a lot of big titles but Maria still achieved a lot in her career whether Serena was here or not.
I perfectly understand Maria's POV and her answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Miss Amor
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:49 AM

Maybe Maria didnt want to give away her secret for how to beat Serena to these other girls.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using VerticalSports.Com App

Annie.
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:50 AM

And the crowd atmosphere - it was the most eerie, bizarre match in tennis history. The Queen was fighting against all the forces of evil, against Satan and his daughter. She didn't win that day, but righteousness prevailed ultimately at the end of the year.

:crying2: Stop it!

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM
To answer to the OP.
Just make sure Serena reach the latter rounds of tourneys on red clay(for once) and you will see that she is beatable.

And others surfaces its obviously another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:57 AM

And the crowd atmosphere - it was the most eerie, bizarre match in tennis history. The Queen was fighting against all the forces of evil, against Satan and his daughter. She didn't win that day, but righteousness prevailed ultimately at the end of the year.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! So much LIFE! :bigcry: :hysteric:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 28th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Maybe Maria didnt want to give away her secret for how to beat Serena to these other girls.

well it must be a secret that she keeps even from herself. :lol:

Annie.
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:00 AM
well it must be a secret that she keeps even from herself. :lol:

:spit::happy: Y'all are really cutting up.

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
This is an interesting thread.
Why are Willytards doing everything in their power to ruin it :help:

Royals.
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM
To answer to the OP.
Just make sure Serena reach the latter rounds of tourneys on red clay(for once) and you will see that she is beatable.

Errrrm LordRena beat the shit outta Maria in Madrid, she also won Charleston too. If Serena wasn't beaten in the first round of FO. Maria would NOT have that career slam. Serena was coming for Masha this year on red clay but unfortunately it didn't happen at FO 2012.

How about Sharapova reaching the later rounds of grass tourneys? :oh:

Royals.
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:20 AM

Sweetie, are you being serious?!?!

WHAT SECRET has Maria got to beat Rena?!?! :tape: :lol: :help: :tape: :haha: :haha:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Errrrm LordRena beat the shit outta Maria in Madrid, she also won Charleston too. If Serena wasn't beaten in the first round of FO. Maria would NOT have that career slam. Serena was coming for Masha this year on red clay but unfortunately it didn't happen at FO 2012.

Yeah yeah the devil must have played a role in Serena's early exit, I know the story I just don't believe it.

And how do you call reaching OG final ?
Maria has more chances to reach Wimbledon final than Serena has chances to reach RG final.
I doubt Serena would have reached the QF even if she had beaten Razzano tbh.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM

Olympics 2012. You'll have to leave now :lol:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM

It's obvious Satan has already a control over you if you know what I mean.:lol:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:39 AM
It's obvious Satan has already a control over you if you know what I mean.:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)I have no idea what you mean, sis.

Royals.
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah yeah the devil must have played a role in Serena's early exit, I know the story I just don't believe it.

And how do you call reaching OG final ?
Maria has more chances to reach Wimbledon final than Serena has chances to reach RG final.
I doubt Serena would have reached the QF even if she had beaten Razzano tbh.

LMAO at you thinking Sharapova is the new "CLAY QUEEN" lets see if she defends that title next year. Who knows even Errani could win?.. :oh: :oh:

We all know the MASSIVE gaps between Sharapovas slams. :oh: :oh: :lol:

Royals.
Nov 28th, 2012, 08:42 AM
The one where she won 1 game? :happy::happy:

http://upload.3ode.net/files/53598.gif

YESS. PMSL.

That BITCH was scared!!!! :haha: :haha:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I have no idea what you mean, sis.

I was just being mean.:lol:
You need to stop attacking on my fave cause you make me say things I don't really want to.:lol:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I was just being mean.:lol:
You need to stop attacking on my fave cause you make me say things I don't really want to.:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)You better keep it cute. Don't get personal. :lol:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:41 AM
You better keep it cute. Don't get personal. :lol:

Well, credit to you. I only got personal when I feel like I'm beaten.

Big_Banana
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
DEAD LMAO!!!

why don't you come back when rena will play your fav?

TennisPhan
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Sharapova is a moron for making this statement. Serena does not only win against her, she destroys her everytime. Sharapova has 0,00001% chance to beat her on any surface and she picks Seles? That just showed me how much Serena is in her head, big lol here. but who knows, maybe she was joking..

In my opinion, the chance of beating Serena from the top 10 + Bartoli is in the following order:

1) Kerber
2) Stosur
3) Azarenka
4) Bartoli
5) Li
6) Kvitova
7) Wozniacki
8) Radwanska
9) Sharapova
10) Errani

Serena played awful that day. Horrawful to be precise. This list is more accurate:
1) Stosur (owned Serena when both played good at 2011 UO final)
2) Petrova (has the game to stand up to S and win)
3) Azarenka (puts up a great fight, came close several times)
4) Li (often beats herself with too many UE's, but gives Serena hard times)
5) Kvitova (has the game, but fails, still puts up a good fight)
6) Kerber (took advantage of tired Serena, but puts up a good fight)
7) Wozniacki (doesn't have the tools, puts up a good fight)
8) Radwanska (doesn't have the tools, puts up a good fight)
9) Bartoli (took advantage of back-from-injury Serena)
10) Sharapova (too 1 dimensional to beat her, shouldn't even be on this list)

Woz, Bartoli, Kerber beat an injured / tired / out of shape Serena. Aza, Li, Stosur, Petrova had to face in shape Serena and they did great most of the time.

Regardless of Serena´s effort that day Kerber is probably the worst match-up for Serena in the top 10. A great defender that can absorb power and use it against you by turning defense into offense quickly and catch Serena off-guard. Kerber also possesses some variety in terms of length and shots. Additionally she is left-handed. Call me crazy, but if you start a rally from neutral and asked me to pick one player in the top 10 to beat Serena it would be Kerber. In the rallies she actually has the perfect style to challenge Serena. Kerber´s problem is her own reach on ROS and her own serve are so far inferior that she´ll always be in trouble from the start.

That is bs. It's not 'kissing ass' when you talk about reality and state a fact. Lying is better? How is Seles tougher to beat than Serena? She struggles to win games against Serena and she was #1 this year.. Pova doesn't need to kiss ass, but she should give credit, because if she doesn't she will look like a sore loser, like she does now OR she has just totally lost touch with reality after all the beatings from Serena.

Players do not make Serena uncomfortable. Situations do, like:
- the first couple of rounds in big tournaments when she has to find her game.
- when she puts way too much pressure on herself (RG 2012)
- Serve / forehand not working at all.

This is when she is vulnerable. How to beat Serena when she's playing at her best? You have to be a man and in the top 50 of ATP rankings lol

andyjason
Nov 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Serena played awful that day. Horrawful to be precise. This list is more accurate:

Woz, Bartoli, Kerber beat an injured / tired / out of shape Serena. Aza, Li, Stosur, Petrova had to face in shape Serena and they did great most of the time.

I laugh when you describe Sharapova.
Serena was injured in 2011 Wim?
I think that match Bartoli played quite well.

Halepsova
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM

It's not ass kissing, it's called R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM

So now Serena played well in USO final 2011, can I just say that Serena's stats in Wimbledon final were a lot better than those in US final.
She had 51% of first serves against Stosur this is clearly not Serena serving well. Serena serving this badly against Pova wouldn't even stand a chance.

It just shows that some Willytards take Serena's losses to certain players a lot better than her losses to Maria but I'm not even surprised.

Your list is awful and completely wrong.
How in the world Vika is ranked this high because she challenged her 2 times out of 12, Vika won less sets over Serena and less matches than Maria.
Not to mention that Maria's peak is a lot better than Vika's peak.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:30 AM
People putting Azarenka high on their lists when she has a worse H2H against Serena than Maria. Despite Vika's best attempts to get all buddy-buddy with Serena she aint winning that match-up any time soon :lol:

sweetadri06
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I guess you should ask Jelena and Nadia. They always take it to Serena no matter if their form was shit for the entire year. Except at Olympics because Serena was on another planet there.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:37 AM
People putting Azarenka high on their lists when she has a worse H2H against Serena than Maria. Despite Vika's best attempts to get all buddy-buddy with Serena she aint winning that match-up any time soon :lol:She has a better chance than Maria.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
She has a better chance than Maria.

Based on what exactly?

flareon
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Change your name to Sybille Bammer :oh:

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:52 AM
To answer to the OP.

Basically you just mirrored Sharapova here...:lol: Sharapova can't win away from clay, Serena can win everywhere but clay..:lol:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Based on what exactly?The matchup of their games.

Vika returns Serena's 1st serve better than anyone else on tour, and she has the athleticism to get balls back, counterpunch and expose Serena's footwork/force Serena into errors. Of course Maria at her highest level is a more accomplished player than Vika, but Maria's game matches up horribly with Serena's. She serves predictably and she moves horribly. Serena vs Sharapova matches up almost exactly the way Serena vs Davenport did, except Davenport had a more consistent serve than Sharapova does.

Ferg
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Not like they'd be stupid enough to discuss their strategies right there on camera anyway.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
The matchup of their games.

Vika returns Serena's 1st serve better than anyone else on tour, and she has the athleticism to get balls back, counterpunch and expose Serena's footwork/force Serena into errors. Of course Maria at her highest level is a more accomplished player than Vika, but Maria's game matches up horribly with Serena's. She serves predictably and she moves horribly. Serena vs Sharapova matches up almost exactly the way Serena vs Davenport did, except Davenport had a more consistent serve than Sharapova does.

Fair enough, but I tend to disagree. Azarenka has to win the match, as you say, off Serena's errors. Maria would back herself to be able to win should she put her game together, and on her day, she'd be able to do so. Talking about the match-up of gamestyles, Vika has a worse H2H against Serena, so statistically it doesn't seem as though the whole 'gamestyle' thing is panning out that effectively for her.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Azarenka tried in her peak form = still lost 0-5 (only 1 loss in 3 sets) , Sharapova tried in her peak from (let it be wimbledon 2004- 2008) = 2-4 (2 losses in 3 sets)....

See the difference

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Fair enough, but I tend to disagree. Azarenka has to win the match, as you say, off Serena's errors. Maria would back herself to be able to win should she put her game together, and on her day, she'd be able to do so. Talking about the match-up of gamestyles, Vika has a worse H2H against Serena, so statistically it doesn't seem as though the whole 'gamestyle' thing is panning out that effectively for her.

When the H2H is 10-2, or 11-1 does it really make much of a difference? :lol: At that point all that separates them is that Maria played Serena 4 times from 04-05, a dreadful period for Serena. OTOH Vika is the one who's running into Serena more than any other player on tour these past few years, so of course she's going to compile a bad record against her more quickly. They've met 6 times in a year and change, ANY player is going to have an awful H2H against Serena if they run into her that frequently. Either way beating Serena is a tall order for both of them, but most objective viewers would agree that based on game alone Vika has been a lot closer to defeating Serena over the last few years than Maria(6-4 4-0 at AO 2010, 2-6 6-2 5-3 at USO 2012.) I don't think Maria's even been close to defeating Serena since AO 2005.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM
When the H2H is 10-2, or 11-1 does it really make much of a difference? :lol: At that point all that separates them is that Maria played Serena 4 times from 04-05, a dreadful period for Serena. OTOH Vika is the one who's running into Serena more than any other player on tour these past few years, so of course she's going to compile a bad record against her more quickly. They've met 6 times in a year and change, ANY player is going to have an awful H2H against Serena if they run into her that frequently. Either way beating Serena is a tall order for both of them, but most objective viewers would agree that based on game alone Vika has been a lot closer to defeating Serena over the last few years than Maria(6-4 4-0 at AO 2010, 2-6 6-2 5-3 at USO 2012.) I don't think Maria's even been close to defeating Serena since AO 2005.

a lot closer:lol: Shvedova and Zheng were a lot closer to beating Serena than Azarenka who was just blown off the court when came close to winning US Open

It looked like Serena was kidding, in all other matches in 2012 Azarenka was never close to winning a match.

Miss Amor
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Azarenka tried in her peak form = still lost 0-5 (only 1 loss in 3 sets) , Sharapova tried in her peak from (let it be wimbledon 2004- 2008) = 2-4 (2 losses in 3 sets)....

See the difference

The difference is - azarenka has had to compete afainst a very fit and motivated serena this year, whereas during sharapova's peak serena was nowhere near her best and serena still ended up whopping her

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Basically you just mirrored Sharapova here...:lol: Sharapova can't win away from clay, Serena can win everywhere but clay..:lol:

And what's funny about it. I like Maria's chances compared to all others players.
Maria can win where Serena can't, she and Stosur at least stand a chance at a major even if Serena is healthy and playing well.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Fair enough, but I tend to disagree. Azarenka has to win the match, as you say, off Serena's errors. Maria would back herself to be able to win should she put her game together, and on her day, she'd be able to do so. Talking about the match-up of gamestyles, Vika has a worse H2H against Serena, so statistically it doesn't seem as though the whole 'gamestyle' thing is panning out that effectively for her.But the difference is only 1 match from 8 years ago that Maria only won because Serena's serve was crippled and she was hobbling around the court. :lol:

Maria's peak game is about overpowering her opponents and blowing them off the court, right? She can do that against players like Vika, Woz, etc. But not Serena Williams. The only person that has the serve, power and footspeed to blow Serena off the court is pre-Sjogrens Venus. Look at the players that have had effective gameplans against Serena: Venus, Henin, Capriati, Jankovic, Dementieva - these are players that move and defend extremely well, and are capable of counterpunching, mixing it up, and/or turning offense to defense. Sharapova can do none of those things. So she may dial in and get lucky and beat Serena again one day, but it will be an aberrant result, she won't turn the tide of the rivalry. She does not have the serve, movement and defensive capabilities necessary to consistently challenge Serena. Vika returns really well, moves pretty well and can counterpunch, so that gives her more options to trouble Serena with. However, her own serve is predictable, and she doesn't move extremely well, so Serena will dominate that rivalry too. :lol: But at least Vika has a few options, Maria is just a sitting duck.

Alejandrawrrr
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM

See the difference

When you say it like 2-(5) from 2004-2008 it makes it sound like they had a legitimate rivalry during this period, going back and forth. Maria had a fluke Wimbledon performance that she has never come close to repeating, and lucked into getting a heavily injured Serena at the YEC. One fluke year is the difference, don't try to make it sound more than it is. Outside of her 2 wins in 2004 Sharapova is 0-8 against Serena.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
The difference is - azarenka has had to compete afainst a very fit and motivated serena this year, whereas during sharapova's peak serena was nowhere near her best and serena still ended up whopping her

Serena wasn't playing her best at WTA Championships(except final) and US Open , not even close to her best

Much depends on the form and motivation of Serena, lets check their results when they ecncounted Serena at the same tournament

Madrid Serena beat Azarenka 6-1, 6-3 , Sharapova 6-1, 6-3
Olympics Serena beat Azarenka 6-2, 6-2, Sharapova 6-0, 6-1
Istanbul Serena beat Azarenka 6-4, 6-4 , Sharapova 6-4, 6-3
taking into account that Sharapova lost in 2 big finals against extremely motivated Serena , their results are almost equal.... The problem is that it's not peak Sharapova, it's Sharapova who can't serve wide in ad court , but it's peak Azarenka

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Serena wasn't playing her best at WTA Championships(except final) and US Open , not even close to her best

Much depends on the form and motivation of Serena, lets check their results when they ecncounted Serena at the same tournament

Madrid Serena beat Azarenka 6-1, 6-3 , Sharapova 6-1, 6-3
Olympics Serena beat Azarenka 6-2, 6-2, Sharapova 6-0, 6-1
Istanbul Serena beat Azarenka 6-4, 6-4 , Sharapova 6-4, 6-3
taking into account that Sharapova lost in 2 big finals against extremely motivated Serena , their results are almost equal.... The problem is that it's not peak Sharapova, it's Sharapova who can't serve wide in ad court , but it's peak Azarenka
But that "Peak" Sharapova is gone, she will never return. Are we talking about hypothetical Peak vs Peak performances here, or are we talking pragmatically about who has the best chance at challenging Serena now and in the future?

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM
But the difference is only 1 match from 8 years ago that Maria only won because Serena's serve was crippled and she was hobbling around the court. :lol:

Maria's peak game is about overpowering her opponents and blowing them off the court, right? She can do that against players like Vika, Woz, etc. But not Serena Williams. The only person that has the serve, power and footspeed to blow Serena off the court is pre-Sjogrens Venus. Look at the players that have had effective gameplans against Serena: Venus, Henin, Capriati, Jankovic, Dementieva - these are players that move and defend extremely well, and are capable of counterpunching, mixing it up, and/or turning offense to defense. Sharapova can do none of those things. So she may dial in and get lucky and beat Serena again one day, but it will be an aberrant result, she won't turn the tide of the rivalry. She does not have the serve, movement and defensive capabilities necessary to consistently challenge Serena. Vika returns really well, moves pretty well and can counterpunch, so that gives her more options to trouble Serena with. However, her own serve is predictable, and she doesn't move extremely well, so Serena will dominate that rivalry too. :lol: But at least Vika has a few options, Maria is just a sitting duck.

No she doesn't :lol: She has no weapons whatsoever to be able to beat Serena. All she has to rely on is unforced errors. Azarenka's serve is abysmal. You talk about her greater footwork and counterpuntching ability - she's up against the greatest server in womens tennis. Her serve is <<< Maria's. What does she exactly have to rely on in this match-up? I personally think you are letting your personal bias against Maria cloud your judgement here. I'd love to know what Azarenka's options are, because clearly she hasn't been using them in previous meetings...

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
But that "Peak" Sharapova is gone, she will never return. Are we talking about hypothetical Peak vs Peak performances here, or are we talking pragmatically about who has the best chance at challenging Serena now and in the future?

peak can return back , every player has a chance to return back to its peak a-la Goran Ivanishevic

but it will be hard for Azarenka to make her peak higher , she doesn't have a serve to beat Serena , Sharapova used to have and she is improving it now (i see progress from 2010>2011>2012). Azarenka like Hingis won't ever be a good server

Petrova, Stosur are more a threat to Serena than Azarenka , serve matters in this match up

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
No she doesn't :lol: She has no weapons whatsoever to be able to beat Serena. All she has to rely on is unforced errors. Azarenka's serve is abysmal. You talk about her greater footwork and counterpuntching ability - she's up against the greatest server in womens tennis. Her serve is <<< Maria's. What does she exactly have to rely on in this match-up? I personally think you are letting your personal bias against Maria cloud your judgement here. I'd love to know what Azarenka's options are, because clearly she hasn't been using them in previous meetings...On the contrary, I think being a Sharapova stan is clouding your ability to be objective here. What weapons does Maria have to beat Serena? Maria can't exactly force the issue with Serena either, as mediocre as her serve is and as poor as her movement is.

Just look at Serena's most recent scorelines against Vikq, and then look at her scoreline vs Maria. Serena always has trouble closing Vika out in big matches: AO 2009 4R, AO QF 2010, USO 3R 2011, Wimbledon SF 2012, US Open F 2012 - Vika would have won the US Open Final had she not choked up 5-4 in the third. Vika's excellent return and her counterpunching capabilities are weapons against a player like Serena. You are overvaluing Maria's capabilities, and not paying attention to the way Serena's game works and what it takes for a player to trouble her.

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Not that dreadful for Serena when we know that she reached Wimbledon final, YEC final and won 2005 OZ.

And Maria should have beaten Serena in 2008 Charleston. She should have won 3 and 2 for your information.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Not that dreadful for Serena when we know that she reached Wimbledon final, YEC final and won 2005 OZ.

And Maria should have beaten Serena in 2008 Charleston. She should have won 3 and 2 for your information.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)Are we taking "shoulds" into consideration now? Because Serena should have beaten Maria in that 2004 YEC Final. Vika should have beat Serena at the AO 2010, and she should have beat Serena in the USO final this year. :lol:

You are so biased - just a vitiated version of Vikapower :lol:

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
On the contrary, I think being a Sharapova stan is clouding your ability to be objective here. What weapons does Maria have to beat Serena? Maria can't exactly force the issue with Serena either, as mediocre as her serve is and as poor as her movement is.

Just look at Serena's most recent scorelines against Vikq, and then look at her scoreline vs Maria. Serena always has trouble closing Vika out in big matches: AO 2009 4R, AO QF 2010, USO 3R 2011, Wimbledon SF 2012, US Open F 2012 - Vika would have won the US Open Final had she not choked up 5-4 in the third. Vika's excellent return and her counterpunching capabilities are weapons against a player like Serena. You are overvaluing Maria's capabilities, and not paying attention to the way Serena's game works and what it takes for a player to trouble her.

You acknowledged yourself that Maria has the ability to muster up an A level performance on her day. If Maria is serving and returning well, she's a definite threat, she certainly has the weapons. Azarenka HAS to up her game. You simply cant back someone that relies on consistency winning a match. Yeah that's good enough for 97% of the tour. But against Serena, it's going to take more.

And again, I really don't understand how you can compare scorelines between two completely different opponents - I'd actually argue that Serena had mental lapses in many of those occasions against Azarenka that lead to the closer scorelines. Azarenka hardly raised her game. It took Serena taking her foot off the gas. I personally have never seen her lose focus like that against Maria, but that is most likely something that we will disagree on.

Most people would argue that Azarenka's BIGGEST weapon is her return of serve. This matches up with Serena's serve. Which of the two wins that battle? It's clearly Serena's serve. Maria has a far greater chance of holding her own service games than Azarenka with that abbreviated mess of a serve at present.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM
You acknowledged yourself that Maria has the ability to muster up an A level performance on her day. If Maria is serving and returning well, she's a definite threat, she certainly has the weapons. Azarenka HAS to up her game. You simply cant back someone that relies on consistency winning a match. Yeah that's good enough for 97% of the tour. But against Serena, it's going to take more.

And again, I really don't understand how you can compare scorelines between two completely different opponents - I'd actually argue that Serena had mental lapses in many of those occasions against Azarenka that lead to the closer scorelines. Azarenka hardly raised her game. It took Serena taking her foot off the gas. I personally have never seen her lose focus like that against Maria, but that is most likely something that we will disagree on.

Most people would argue that Azarenka's BIGGEST weapon is her return of serve. This matches up with Serena's serve. Which of the two wins that battle? It's clearly Serena's serve. Maria has a far greater chance of holding her own service games than Azarenka with that abbreviated mess of a serve at present.Even with an A level performance from Maria, this is still post shoulder surgery Sharapova. Be realistic - she is quite limited in what she is able to consistently muster at this point. Even if she can magically start serving and returning well for an extended stretch, those two shots will not compensate for her poor movement, especially against someone like Serena. Serena LOVES playing slow ball bashers.

Don't get me wrong - Azarenka is a limited player too, and she is toast most of the time as well. :lol: But as a fan, I am much more concerned about seeing Vika in the draw, than I am about seeing Maria. I feel like Vika can improve and she is inching closer and closer to challenging Serena, whereas Maria has not only regressed, but hit a plateau against Serena. Psychologically, and game-wise. She was too afraid to even scream come on or pump herself up in that YEC final, she was trying to manage both her emotions and Serena's. :lol: Even if she beats Serena again, it will be an aberrant result that won't turn the tide of their rivalry.

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Are we taking "shoulds" into consideration now? Because Serena should have beaten Maria in that 2004 YEC Final. Vika should have beat Serena at the AO 2010, and she should have beat Serena in the USO final this year. :lol:

You are so biased - just a vitiated version of Vikapower :lol:

You the one who said that Azarenka could have won US final.

Anyway my point was that Maria has had performance against Serena where she was able to hit her off the court, it happened few times I agree but she was the one in control for the first two sets you can watch highlights of Charleston if you want, you will see that Serena was just being outplayed for the first two sets.
Maria choked to close it out in set 1, she choked in set 2 too as well before closing out at 5-4.

Azarenka relies on Serena's mental lapses and errors, I never felt that in one match between the two of them Serena felt outplayed.
Azarenka just lives on Serena's mistakes the way Serena turned that match in OZ 2010 was quite telling not to mention that Serena's form was horrible, she was strapped like a mummy in the final.:tape:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Don't get me wrong - Azarenka is a limited player too, and she is toast most of the time as well. :lol: But as a fan, I am much more concerned about seeing Vika in the draw, than I am about seeing Maria. I feel like Vika can improve and she is inching closer and closer to challenging Serena, whereas Maria has not only regressed, but hit a plateau against Serena. Psychologically, and game-wise. She was too afraid to even scream come on or pump herself up in that YEC final, she was trying to manage both her emotions and Serena's. :lol: Even if she beats Serena again, it will be an aberrant result that won't turn the tide of their rivalry.

And that's your right.
And I also think that Maria's tennis has changed a lot lately and that the only surface for her to beat Serena remains red clay.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Even with an A level performance from Maria, this is still post shoulder surgery Sharapova. Be realistic - she is quite limited in what she is able to consistently muster at this point. Even if she can magically start serving and returning well for an extended stretch, those two shots will not compensate for her poor movement, especially against someone like Serena. Serena LOVES playing slow ball bashers.

I understand what you're saying but you make Maria sound like she's some washed-up journeywoman. :tape: Her level at the moment is high - her best ever on red clay by far. The psychological part is 100% true - but the YEC final was a step in the right direction IMO.

Not only that but she's currently moving better than ever. I am not sure what you have been watching but her considerable improvement in her movement has been noticed and commented on by literally so many people over past months.

Playing Azarenka, you know exactly what you're going to get. Consistency, solid - a threat? Mmmm...I'm not going to speak for Serena but I would think not.

It's never going to be acknowledged but let's be honest. The consistent one-sided scorelines against Maria, with no let-ups mentally - I believe and have always maintained that the reason for that stems well beyond her 'gamestyle' suiting Serena...I think if you asked Serena who she would least like to lose to out of anyone on tour - her honest answer would be Maria.

NashaMasha
Don't get me wrong - Azarenka is a limited player too, and she is toast most of the time as well. But as a fan, I am much more concerned about seeing Vika in the draw, than I am about seeing Maria. I feel like Vika can improve and she is inching closer and closer to challenging Serena, whereas Maria has not only regressed, but hit a plateau against Serena. Psychologically, and game-wise. She was too afraid to even scream come on or pump herself up in that YEC final, she was trying to manage both her emotions and Serena's. Even if she beats Serena again, it will be an aberrant result that won't turn the tide of their rivalry.

Azarenka as a rival is less motivating for Serena than Masha or Sam , Serena takes her as a lil-sister , younger generation, she doesn't care about Azarenka much , as she knows that she is better and don't need to prove it in these matches versus Vika. Sharapova in 2004 really challenged Serena and made her prove who is better , same with Sam

Halepsova
Suddenly Povatards turned this thread into theirs, once again. :yawn:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM

Anyway my point was that Maria has had performance against Serena where she was able to hit her off the court, it happened few times I agree but she was the one in control for the first two sets you can watch highlights of Charleston if you want, you will see that Serena was just being outplayed for the first two sets.
Maria choked to close it out in set 1, she choked in set 2 too as well before closing out at 5-4.

Azarenka relies on Serena's mental lapses and errors, I never felt that in one match between the two of them Serena felt outplayed.
Azarenka just lives on Serena's mistakes the way Serena turned that match in OZ 2010 was quite telling not to mention that Serena's form was horrible, she was strapped like a mummy in the final.:tape:

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)Honey, I don't have to watch the highlights. I saw the match live, and I remember it well. You can't rely on highlights as an objective measure for how a match developed. Your description of that match is bizarre, and makes no sense at all. How does Maria go from out playing Serena to secure the second set, to being nearly bagelled in the third set? :lol: Serena was up and down in that match, but every time she raised her level Maria had no answers. Your revisionist history is funny, though :lol:

And if a player loses the match, they were outplayed. Its as simple as that. Jankovic never left Serena with no answers, but she definitely beat her a lot. As did Capriati. I don't get into that subjective BS about people somehow winning matches without outplaying their opponents.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Suddenly Povatards turned this thread into theirs, once again. :yawn:

Because we are responding and talking to ourselves right? :spit:

brickhousesupporter
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
It is very easy to beat Serena.........how can they not see it?

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I understand what you're saying but you make Maria sound like she's some washed-up journeywoman. :tape: Her level at the moment is high - her best ever on red clay by far. The psychological part is 100% true - but the YEC final was a step in the right direction IMO.

Not only that but she's currently moving better than ever. I am not sure what you have been watching but her considerable improvement in her movement has been noticed and commented on by literally so many people over past months.

Playing Azarenka, you know exactly what you're going to get. Consistency, solid - a threat? Mmmm...I'm not going to speak for Serena but I would think not.

It's never going to be acknowledged but let's be honest. The consistent one-sided scorelines against Maria, with no let-ups mentally - I believe and have always maintained that the reason for that stems well beyond her 'gamestyle' suiting Serena...I think if you asked Serena who she would least like to lose to out of anyone on tour - her honest answer would be Maria.She's not a journeywoman - she's an elite player! But her game matches up horribly to Serena, and with her serve having regressed so and becoming so predictable, she is almost like batting practice for Serena, you know? :lol: And even with Maria's improved movement, lets face facts - her movement will never be an asset, and even with her improvements, her defensive skills aren't potent enough to trouble Serena. And she still moves poorly on grass and fast hardcourts, the only improvements I've seen have been on red clay and slow HCs. But even then, she wasn't moving well enough to trouble Serena.

And the player that Serena likes to lose to the least is Venus. Despite the love she has for her, Serena has had an inferiority complex towards her sister for her entire life, and Serena is never as petulant and angry as when she loses to Venus. Maria might be #2, but Venus is definitely the player Serena hates to lose to the most.

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Honey, I don't have to watch the highlights. I saw the match live, and I remember it well. You can't rely on highlights as an objective measure for how a match developed. Your description of that match is bizarre, and makes no sense at all. How does Maria go from out playing Serena to secure the second set, to being nearly bagelled in the third set? :lol: Serena was up and down in that match, but every time she raised her level Maria had no answers. Your revisionist history is funny, though :lol:

And if a player loses the match, they were outplayed. Its as simple as that. Jankovic never left Serena with no answers, but she definitely beat her a lot. As did Capriati. I don't get into that subjective BS about people somehow winning matches without outplaying their opponents.

I also watched this match in live. Are you for real :lol: I was just trying to remind you this match but if you saw it in live you should remember that in the last set Sharapova had 47% of first serves IN so yeah she almost got bageled but it was mainly because her serve let her down, with the way Serena was playing a lot of first serves were needed but after playing and serving this well in the first two sets Maria's serve and form became quite poor.

The first two sets were a high level of tennis and Serena managed to maintain that level especially physically, Maria just couldn't keep up like I said she couldn't serve as well as she did in the first two sets.

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM

It's never going to be acknowledged but let's be honest. The consistent one-sided scorelines against Maria, with no let-ups mentally - I believe and have always maintained that the reason for that stems well beyond her 'gamestyle' suiting Serena...I think if you asked Serena who she would least like to lose to out of anyone on tour - her honest answer would be Maria.

And how exactly was the YEC a step in the right direction? You never had any feeling that Maria was troubling Serena AT ALL. Only ONE deuce game on Serena's serve, for the rest it was the usual 1 minute service games..wheras Masha was just trying to hang on and survive.

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
And how exactly was the YEC a step in the right direction? You never had any feeling that Maria was troubling Serena AT ALL. Only ONE deuce game on Serena's serve, for the rest it was the usual 1 minute service games..wheras Masha was just trying to hang on and survive.

There was an obvious improvement in Maria's approach mentally to that match. It's something that, as a fan, was incredibly obvious. You're not a fan so naturally you just consider it as some routine beatdown. Try to get a bit more perspective here.

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:21 PM
give some credit...Razzano hung in there to push the meltdown along. not like she was standing at the baseline twirling her hair while Serena beat herself up with her racket on the other side
Don't be stupid. Razzano gets credit for "winning" the match, but to claim that she played the match of her life and really "took it" to Serena would be a false representation of that match.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM
She didn't even get to a BP in the whole match, and she was guessing on her returns like a junior. But I guess it was better than her Olympics performance.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Don't be stupid. Razzano gets credit for "winning" the match, but to claim that she played the match of her life and really "took it" to Serena would be a false representation of that match.

She played the match of her life, but it wouldn't have been enough if Serena had played her best or even 50% , but Serena quite often has slow starts at Slams .... Still full credit to Razzano for taking her chance

She didn't even get to a BP in the whole match, and she was guessing on her returns like a junior. But I guess it was better than her Olympics performance.

At least she forced Serena to play her best(possible in the end of the season) . Serena improved significantly everything from serve to groundstrokes (in comperison with her shit form in RR) to beat Masha in Final.

Banditoo
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Nowadays, players want to beat somebody by overpowering the opponent. You have to have a great serve and amazing ground-stokes. I can only see it in Venus.

Smitten
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Razzano has played better than that before. People just aren't aware of her performances.

Anyway, that is irrelevant. The point is that you girls in here TRYING IT yet again. For the umpteenth time, Serena does not struggle with slow players, especially those with volatile serves.

Sharapova is too slow to be a threat to Serena unless she is doing everything perfectly and Serena is having a meltdown.

What is the issue we're having here?

http://u.cubeupload.com/Legend/flop.gif

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
She played the match of her life, but it wouldn't have been enough if Serena had played her best or even 50% , but Serena quite often has slow starts at Slams .... Still full credit to Razzano for taking her chance

At least she forced Serena to play her best(possible in the end of the season) . Serena improved significatly everything from serve to groundstrokes (in comperison with her shit form in RR) to beat Masha in Final.

That's what I was about to say.
Serena's first serve % was exactly at 53% in her first 4 matches and then suddenly in ONE match boom she is around 80% :lol: Maria bring fire in Serena's mind.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Serena's first serve % was around 53 in her first 4 matches and then suddenly in ONE match boom she is around 80% :lol: Maria bring fire in Serena's mind.

Or maybe its that Maria returns Serena's serve so poorly, that Serena feels no pressure and just swings freely. :lol:
She wouldn't serve that extraordinarily well against a player like Venus or Henin, and they are far more dangerous opponents.

Smitten
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM
No, that part is true. Sharapova's BH return is still to be feared.

The problem is Martha just guesses on first serves which resigns her to defeat. Wimbledon '10 R4 was guessing the majority of the match.

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Or maybe its that Maria returns Serena's serve so poorly, that Serena feels no pressure and just swings freely. :lol:
She wouldn't serve that extraordinarily well against a player like Venus or Henin, and they are far more dangerous opponents.

nobody is making pressure on Serena on 1st serve. And definitely it wasn't Li, Azarenka and Kerber in RR

Smitten
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Venus is a shit ass returner too. The YEC '09 F between Serena and Venus was laughable.

Serena destroyed her with the serve. The stats were embarrassing for someone of Venus' quality, and Serena was not even serving all that GOAT.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:40 PM

And that's your right.
And I also think that Maria's tennis has changed a lot lately and that the only surface for her to beat Serena remains red clay.

I also watched this match in live. Are you for real :lol: I was just trying to remind you this match but if you saw it in live you should remember that in the last set Sharapova had 47% of first serves IN so yeah she almost got bageled but it was mainly because her serve let her down, with the way Serena was playing a lot of first serves were needed but after playing and serving this well in the first two sets Maria's serve and form became quite poor.

The first two sets were a high level of tennis and Serena managed to maintain that level especially physically, Maria just couldn't keep up like I said she couldn't serve as well as she did in the first two sets.

Serena's first serve % was exactly at 53% in her first 4 matches and then suddenly in ONE match boom she is around 80% :lol: Maria bring fire in Serena's mind.

Please tell me you are using an Ipad or something with a keyboard. I refuse to believe you are on your phone typing out these long ass responses.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Venus is a shit ass returner too. The YEC '09 F between Serena and Venus was laughable.

Serena destroyed her with the serve. The stats were embarrassing for someone of Venus' quality, and Serena was not even serving all that GOAT.That was Sjogren's Venus. She was exhausted by the final. She returned better in their RR match :lol:

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
There was an obvious improvement in Maria's approach mentally to that match. It's something that, as a fan, was incredibly obvious. You're not a fan so naturally you just consider it as some routine beatdown. Try to get a bit more perspective here.

You a one without perspective...Maria hasn't taken a set off of Serena in like more than 4 years now..Vika's at least managed to take the odd set off of Serena here and there, yet you act like Vika's totally useless against Serena, but Masha's her ultimate challenger?! :shrug:

About the YEC match..sure for her fans, anytime she wins more than 4 games in a match against Serena, it's hopeful for Masha-fans. I get that..but that says a lot about the state of the rivalry, no?! :shrug:

Banditoo
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Venus risk at return more than Serena. She hit the ball flatter and she is in the court with two or three steps. However, Serena's returns are more controlled.

Smitten
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
That was Sjogren's Venus. She was exhausted by the final.

You sound like a stan trying to defend all of its other losses. :lol:

Cajka
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
She played the match of her life

She didn't, it was an ugly match. Serena was crappy and VR played a decent match. The only important thing about that match is that Serena's part of the draw fell apart after it. Anyway, VR lost in R2, it was hardly a good tournament for her. Unless beating an elite opponent when she's off is an accomplishment itself. :spit:

The Dawntreader
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Serena destroyed her with the serve. The stats were embarrassing for someone of Venus' quality, and Serena was not even serving all that GOAT.

Venus could barely move in that final. It's a miracle she got any serve back at all. Hardly indicative of Venus's returning.

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
She didn't, it was an ugly match. Serena was crappy and VR played a decent match. The only important thing about that match is that Serena's part of the draw fell apart after it. Anyway, VR lost in R2, it was hardly a good tournament for her. Unless beating an elite opponent when she's off is an accomplishment itself. :spit:
It's an accomplishment, of course, but only thing she got out of it was 10 extra minutes of press time. :lol:

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:53 PM

Razzano was cramping in the end , she left everything she had in that 1R match , nothing strange that she lost 2nd round being totally exhausted

It's an accomplishment, of course, but only thing she got out of it was 10 extra minutes of press time. :lol:

no, Razzano became the one who sensationally beat Serena and eliminated favourite at Roland Garros 2012. It's an achievement

Cajka
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM

R2 is R2, the award after beating a top 10 player is getting a kinder draw and a chance to make a good run. But she failed, she lost to Rus in next round (in straights, I think).

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Please tell me you are using an Ipad or something with a keyboard. I refuse to believe you are on your phone typing out these long ass responses.

I let you guess.

tejmeglekvár
Nov 28th, 2012, 01:59 PM
She has a better chance than Maria.

And still lost miserably when she had chance to serve out. Says all. :lol:

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:01 PM
R2 is R2, the award after beating a top 10 player is getting a kinder draw and a chance to make a good run. But she failed, she lost to Rus in next round (in straights, I think).

Rosol also lost in the next round after beating Nadal. So what? Wasn't his win over Rafa less impressive because of that?

tejmeglekvár
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM
You a one without perspective...Maria hasn't taken a set off of Serena in like more than 4 years now..Vika's at least managed to take the odd set off of Serena here and there, yet you act like Vika's totally useless against Serena, but Masha's her ultimate challenger?! :shrug:

About the YEC match..sure for her fans, anytime she wins more than 4 games in a match against Serena, it's hopeful for Masha-fans. I get that..but that says a lot about the state of the rivalry, no?! :shrug:

You are so full of shit, cant even recognize how you put down Serena with every post of you just to elevate Azarenka above Sharapova. Pathetic. :haha:

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM
And still lost miserably when she had chance to serve out. Says all. :lol:7-5 in the third of a grand slam is not a miserable loss, thats a loss you can learn from that will improve your mettle for the next time you're in that situation.
6-0, 6-1 is a miserable, irredeemable loss. :lol:

Lachy
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM
7-5 in the third of a grand slam is not a miserable loss, thats a loss you can learn from that will improve your mettle for the next time you're in that situation.

Serena had a massive mental lapse in that USO final. I'm completely bewildered as to why you cant acknowledge that. Her level in the 2nd set dropped MAJORLY. I'm yet to see such a mental lapse against Maria.

tejmeglekvár
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:14 PM
7-5 in the third of a grand slam is not a miserable loss, thats a loss you can learn from that will improve your mettle for the next time you're in that situation.

Why would she be in the same situation again? Or do you expect her only chance is Lord falling apart and forget how to play tennis for 2 sets? How is that greater prospect than losing 60 61? :lol:

Beat
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM
"Re: WTA Top 10 discuss on how to beat Serena"

but they don't, do they? all they say is "it's tough to beat her". not the most insightful video ever, truth be told.

Chaosm21
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Kerbers Englisch/German mix :spit:
You need to play hundert Prozent :lol:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Stop with this. Vika also had her chances in OZ2010, did it help to win a set in the next 5 meetings against Serena, NO.

She had her chance in the final and couldn't take it. She is screwed for at least the next 5 meetings I'm telling you :lol:

Stonerpova
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM

She got an Olympic medal from that so-called irredeemable loss :lol:

If we're comparing these two yet again let me just remind that Maria successfully served out her chance to beat Serena in a slam final.

Sammo
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:33 PM
:rolls: At them asking Errani :haha:

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM
You are so full of shit, cant even recognize how you put down Serena with every post of you just to elevate Azarenka above Sharapova. Pathetic. :haha:

what the heck are you talking about?!

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
She got an Olympic medal from that so-called irredeemable loss :lol:

If we're comparing these two yet again let me just remind that Maria successfully served out her chance to beat Serena in a slam final.

Exactly, there is no need to look further.

Beside if there is one place to take Serena in major finals it is in US (home pressure or sth) I don't really know whats going on with her and her country but if there is a place you can snatch her it's easily over there cause we all know she is not reaching FO final anytime soon.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Serena in major finals especially in US is beatable (home pressure or sth I don't really know) if there is a place you can snatch her it's easily her cause we all know she is not reaching FO final anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)Oh? Getting cocky eh? I wonder if it will take 3 more years for Maria to win her next slam. :lol:

ZeroSumGame
Nov 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Nope, it can't be Razzano! Serena gave that match away at FO, Razzano did nothing spectacular to win - however I would think Petra has a chance on grass, Li and Vika on hard and may be Maria on clay (but Maria is yet to beat Serena on clay).

Matt01
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:10 PM

This :lol:

Pova stans talking about "miserable losses" is quite funny when their fave is THE expert for that. :tape:

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
6-0, 6-1 is a miserable, irredeemable loss

6-1, 6-2 is much better, isn't it? I though that both results - pathetic

chuvack
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Why the hell are they asking the Top 10 how to beat Serena? They should be asking the scrubs - Razzano, Makarova, Katerina Srebotnik, Sonya Jeyaseelan. Those are the players who know how to do it... the Top 10 is useless.

JLG
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM

That's what every dude in the NBA did against Jordan for his entire career, basically. Even Magic and Bird who got some good wins.

It's funny the few that didn't ALWAYS got torn apart. :) Like New yawk

Lighter
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Which are girls who defeated on court Serena since her come back on tour in 2011 ?
It's easy : 7
- Vera Zvonareva in Eastbourne 2011
- Marion Bartoli in Wimbledon 2011
- Samantha Stosur in USO 2011
- Elena Makarova in AO 2012
- Caroline Wozniacki in Miami 2012
- Virginie Razzano in FO 2012
- Angelique Kerber in Cincinnati 2012

And only two 3 sets battles : vs Zvonareva and vs Razzano

The question is : Which is the most significative win among all these defeats ?
The most significative one for me is when Marion Bartoli defeated Serena in Wimbledon 2011. And Marion gave some keys :
- Don't think that's Serena in front of you
- If you think about Serena, you're dead
- Only play your own game
- Serve well

And Marion concludes :
"If i played vs Venus in 2007 like i played vs Serena in 2011, m....f...er, i would have been Wimbledon winner".

bandabou
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Beside if there is one place to take Serena in major finals it is in US (home pressure or sth) I don't really know whats going on with her and her country but if there is a place you can snatch her it's easily over there cause we all know she is not reaching FO final anytime soon.

And Maria's a LOCK for RG final?! :lol:

Look at her stats, doomsday..Maria is the one who doesn't have history of reaching multiple finals at ANY major..bar oz open and wimbledon.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM

Look at her stats, doomsday..Maria is the one who doesn't have history of reaching multiple finals at ANY major..bar oz open and wimbledon.

:lol: So that's 50% of the slams :facepalm:.

Cajka
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Rosol also lost in the next round after beating Nadal. So what? Wasn't his win over Rafa less impressive because of that?

Well, I obviously said it was. :lol: You wanna be more than "that guy who beat Nadal in R2 of Wimbledon". Soderling managed to become more than that, Rosol not so far. There's a difference between giant killers and "giants" themselves, they always have a bigger picture in mind. You can make a name by beating the best in the world, but not a career, you must beat Kohlschreiber too if you want to make a career. :shrug:

Royals.
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:11 PM

Exactly!!!

The Povatards think Sharapova is now the "CLAY QUEEN" due to her winning FO. The Bitch will NOT be defending that title next year, that's for sure. :lol: :lol:
She takes like a two year gap between all her 4 slams anyway. Due to her being so inconsistent. She's lucky she won a slam this year tbh.

She had an easy draw as usual and played with ERRANI in the final, it was a piece of cake for her. Next year won't be so easy. :oh:

NashaMasha
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Exactly!!!

The Povatards think Sharapova is now the "CLAY QUEEN" due to her winning FO. The Bitch will NOT be defending that title next year, that's for sure. :lol: :lol:
She takes like a two year gap between all her 4 slams anyway. Due to her being so inconsistent. She's lucky she won a slam this year tbh.

She had an easy draw as usual and played with ERRANI in the final, it was a piece of cake for her. Next year won't be so easy. :oh:

Sharapova on red clay
2010 Strasbourg W, French Open lost to Henin in 3 sets
2011 Rome W, French Open SF lost to Li Na(eventual winner)
2012 Rome W, Stuttgart W, French Open W

pretty decent results on red clay, show me who has better during the last 3 years?

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Razzano was cramping in the end , she left everything she had in that 1R match , nothing strange that she lost 2nd round being totally exhausted

no, Razzano became the one who sensationally beat Serena and eliminated favourite at Roland Garros 2012. It's an achievement
I. Just. Said. It's. An. Accomplishment. At least act like you read the posts you respond to. -_-

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Well, I obviously said it was. :lol: You wanna be more than "that guy who beat Nadal in R2 of Wimbledon". Soderling managed to become more than that, Rosol not so far. There's a difference between giant killers and "giants" themselves, they always have a bigger picture in mind. You can make a name by beating the best in the world, but not a career, you must beat Kohlschreiber too if you want to make a career. :shrug:
Please, educate them.

Toxic
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM
6-1, 6-2 is much better, isn't it? I though that both results - pathetic

3 games >>> 1 game http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/riadreams19/gickrcom_ff8df8e8-65dc-8fb4-59c9-5e1ab36ebff3.gif

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 04:49 PM

What are you talking about? :lol: I was just saying how huge the opportunity was for Vika since it's happened on Serena's territory.

:lol: So that's 50% of the slams :facepalm:.

:lol: I can't.

Matt01
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Honey Marion defeated Serena because she just came back from the dead :help:. Wasn't it her 2nd tournament back and had missing lungs? And comparing 2007 Wimbledon Venus to 2011 Wimbledon Serena? I can't :happy:

Serena fans and their excuses could fill a whole thread of more than 500 pages :happy:

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:21 PM
http://upload.3ode.net/files/53598.gif

Oh, not this shit againhttp://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_lxyrgdanM51qcykdg.gif

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Honey Marion defeated Serena because she just came back from the dead :help:. Wasn't it her 2nd tournament back and had missing lungs? And comparing 2007 Wimbledon Venus to 2011 Wimbledon Serena? I can't :happy:

:haha: http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_m0av6hjaNl1qee7ixo4_250.gif

Matt01
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM
It's not an excuse it's the truth :wavey:

So Serena was dead? Source?

Go worry about your pregnant retiree fave :lol:.

Who? :scratch:

Jack.
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
They should of asked Caroline what's the secret to beating Serena, I mean she was the only one to win 3 sets off her in 2012 :oh:

AnnieIWillKnow
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM

That is the worst logic ever... reaching multiple finals at 2 out of 4 slams suggests she does have a history of reaching multiple finals! She's reached three Australian Open finals!

Lighter
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Honey Marion defeated Serena because she just came back from the dead :help:. Wasn't it her 2nd tournament back and had missing lungs? And comparing 2007 Wimbledon Venus to 2011 Wimbledon Serena? I can't :happy:Maybe you can't, but it is what she really said in french newspaper.

We all know that she came back from nowwhere, but she was ready to compete like Kim in Cincy 2009.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PRGtq.gif

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad151/Milot_Sheremeti/tumblr_m58gcnj4AI1rrhe80o1_500.gif

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM
So Serena was dead? Source?

Who? :scratch:
Don't be uncharitable now. It was clearly a figure of speech. Serena was on her death bed. That was Serena's second tournament back. What, her 5th or 6th match since being sidelined with multiple foot injuries and other SEVERE health scares?

Stop the bullshit, boo.

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Maybe you can't, but it is what she really said in french newspaper.

We all know that she came back from nowwhere, but she was ready to compete like Kim in Cincy 2009.
She was not. She was GASPING for air at Eastbourne and Wimbledon. You need to stop this for real. :lol:

doomsday
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Are you that slow? Don't take it so literally :lol:

:lol:I think that you're the dumb one here.:lol:

MrProdigy555
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
:lol:I think that you're the dumb one here.:lol:
Nope, it's still you.

Lighter
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
She was not. She was GASPING for air at Eastbourne and Wimbledon. You need to stop this for real. :lol:She crushed Maria Kirilenko 6-3 6-2 the round before in Wimbledon and finished with a breadstick Rezai and Halep, in Eastbourne she was close to defeat world nr 3....I know she was not ready at 100%, but she was already very difficult to defeat.

Matt01
Nov 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Don't be uncharitable now. It was clearly a figure of speech. Serena was on her death bed. That was Serena's second tournament back. What, her 5th or 6th match since being sidelined with multiple foot injuries and other SEVERE health scares?

Stop the bullshit, boo.

One of the oldest rules in tennis is that when you step on the court, you are fit to play. But I guess Serena is the only exception from that rule as I hear that again and again and again :tape:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
i'm sorry but that picture gets me everytime. really did not picture doomsday to be a grown man for real. :haha: :haha: :haha:

sweetadri06
Nov 28th, 2012, 06:06 PM
This thread is now dead.